Profile for Ted Young > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ted Young RSS Feed (midwest)

GURPS Martial Arts
GURPS Martial Arts
by Peter Dell'orto
17 used & new from $53.04

5.0 out of 5 stars GURPS Martial Arts, October 3, 2007
This review is from: GURPS Martial Arts (Hardcover)
Exhaustively researched and painstakingly compiled, this compendium is a must read for both gaming enthusiasts and also martial arts practitioners.

Biblical Parenting
Biblical Parenting
by Crystal Lutton
9 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars true Biblical parenting, June 10, 2004
This review is from: Biblical Parenting (Paperback)
Crystal Lutton's obvious understanding of the heart of God for children comes through loud and clear in this book. I've used the five steps with my own children and have found that not only do they work but the results go far beyond simply teaching my children appropriate behavior. It has enhanced our relationship immensely building trust and communication. It has been fulfilling to find my children have learned obedience in response to my gentle correction and firm guidance rather than because they fear being spanked. I love not feeling that wedge that punishment places between me and my children and yet being able to enjoy the peaceable fruit of righteousness too. Grace based discipline works.

Good News for Women: A Biblical Picture of Gender Equality
Good News for Women: A Biblical Picture of Gender Equality
by Rebecca Merrill Groothuis
Price: $22.50
87 used & new from $0.26

4.0 out of 5 stars almost a 5, April 22, 2004
I devoured this book. It did so much to strengthen my faith and convictions and answer hard questions to which the traditionalist reply fell flat. The information she shared so eloquently and with such clarity set me on the road to freedom from bondage to sexist legalism. Her arguments were logical and convincing. Her treatment of traditionalist arguements were devastating without dishonoring her fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who stand on the other side of the theological divide. She presented a picture of gender equality in marriage that was sublimely beautiful and God-glorifying. Her love for Christ and desire to see others experience all that He has for them echoed through every word.
My only complaints, and boy do I wish I didn't have to share these, were that she did not affirm the value of motherhood and homemaker enough and she made a brief comment about how she believes the theory of progressive creationism is more plausible than the new Earth creationism theory. Traditionalists already view her as a heretic and by inserting her thought on creation and by not firmly stating the value of motherhood and fulfillment many women find in that role she may well have confirmed that notion in their minds.
Read this book and allow any assumptions you may hold to be challenged.