Profile for Keith Okano > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Keith Okano RSS Feed

Managing through the Entrepreneurial Fog
Managing through the Entrepreneurial Fog
by Tim Koprowski Sr.
Price: $20.66
17 used & new from $20.57

5.0 out of 5 stars The reality of entrepreneurship from one who has been there, December 16, 2013
I had the good fortune of knowing and working with the author through a part of his story and found his clarity remarkably objective (something difficult to do in one's own life). Koprowski is a man of much accomplishment, some of which he tells here, but as with the man I know he is quick to give credit to others while minimizing his own successes. And from this perspective he writes of his adventures in innovating a system that has proven to significantly reduce overhead and cost, permitting our healthcare providers to do what they do best, resulting in changes to an industry. Yet I think the most valuable part of this book is the true to life tale of an entrepreneur, a real American story of passion, energy and the all too real "fog" that inspires and enables it. This is neither a cautionary tale or a "how to", but a story of inspiration for anyone who wants to make a difference. And Koprowski has made one.

Finding Our Lost Kings and Queens: Strategies for Empowering Our Future Kings & Queens
by Jay Barnett
Price: $12.59
14 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful message from a powerful man, August 28, 2013
The author is my son's personal trainer and when we interviewed him I was impressed with his passion and energy. I have noticed not only great physical results from the training sessions, but also psychological and emotional strength. I was impressed with Jay and after reading his book I now know why. He is a KING and is driven to help all of the teens he comes in contact with recognize their royalty. His message is personal and powerful. He speaks from what he knows and experiences and is driven to communicate that message - which he does very effectively. His book is a natural extension of all that he is, to view challenges as opportunities, to manifest the potential within each individual, and to deal with defeats as lessons.

Reenacting the Way (of Jesus): How can you follow Jesus when you don't know what he is doing?
by Paul T. Penley
Price: $13.47
6 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A deeper and more mature walk with Jesus, May 13, 2013
Penley offers a fresh look at the life of Jesus, not content with stopping with His words, the biblical definitions and context (all are useful), but moving on to His actions. It is the coordination of words AND action that reveals depth and truth to one's beliefs and this was true for Jesus as He taught and communicated His example and life. It challenged me to search myself to ask, as James did, how my works complement by words. What is it that I truly believe, how committed am I to it, and how do I live it. Penley offers great insight to Jesus as a man who lived His life and spoke as loudly through even His everyday actions and He asks me to do. It illustrates well faith without works and how it looks in straightforward and practical works being done today. Great book.

Heart and Focus: Life requires it.  God Provides it.
Heart and Focus: Life requires it. God Provides it.
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Amen!, December 20, 2012
Daryl shares right from the heart. I know him personally and can testify to his faithfulness to God through good times and bad and this book tells the story of how God has been there for him each time, to bring him out of the darkness into the light. And not only from the darkness of despair, but the shadows of prosperity. Daryl tells us how God has walked him through life and some very difficult situations, now leaving him with some basic but fundamental lessons to hold on to in all times. Amen, brother. Well done.

Jump!
Jump!
by Robert S. Tipton
Price: $22.38
54 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars No One Likes Change, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Jump! (Hardcover)
Bob is one of my favorite speakers and now writers. He brings a homespun feel to the topic of change in a very readable, two-faceted lesson. The first part is a Lencioni-esque story that sets a stage and cast that are all too familiar for all of us. This style also permits him to introduce the dynamics of human personality and behavior and brings it to a landing place, which laudably doesn't simply tie up the issues with a neat bow. But the second part is what truly sets it apart. Bob also provides a detailed framework and templates for the hard work. By addressing both left and right brained thinkers he has written a book for everyone, and thus the ability for them to work together. Bravo!

Secrets of the Vine: Breaking Through to Abundance
Secrets of the Vine: Breaking Through to Abundance
by Bruce Wilkinson
Price: $8.99
1261 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy follow up, April 27, 2001
Not a sequel, but truly the next step. The Prayer of Jabez had opened my life to God's blessings in unexpected and inconceived ways. The Secrets of the Vine provides us with direct teaching and scriptural references on how to open our lives up so that we can be ever more able to expand our reach, be prepared, and not to block God's work in our lives.
I'm thinking of planting a grapevine in my yard as a physical reminder of the powerful lessons in this book.

The Prayer of Jabez:  Breaking Through to the Blessed Life
The Prayer of Jabez: Breaking Through to the Blessed Life
by Bruce Wilkinson
2633 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, April 13, 2001
When I first read the book it didn't make much of an impact - nice thoughts. But no real impact.
Then for some reason I picked it up again about a month later - and a light went on. I don't want to give it away in a review, but this is a life changing experience! I've now read it at least 15 times and continue to read a chapter or two on a regular basis. Get this book and when you read it - do so slowly. Pray about it. Understand what it means to be blessed by God. Understand what it will do in your life.
Yes. This book is not the Bible. But the Bible is inspired by God - which means there are no throwaways or accidents there. There are genuine truths within the Jabez prayer.

When You Were Born in China: A Memory Book for Children Adopted from China
When You Were Born in China: A Memory Book for Children Adopted from China
by Sara Dorow
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for adoptive families of China and their friends., September 29, 1999
I was overwhelmed by the book. It provides the story of China adoptions in precise, direct, but kind language... the way that I would have hoped to have been able to tell it to my own children. The pictures and remembrances brought tears to my eyes and I purchased copies as gifts for our family to help them understand the process and the beauty of China adoptions.