Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Profile for WALDO812 > Reviews

WALDO812's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loaded, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Out of the box, this Android BLU Touchbook 8.0 looks quite impressive. Weighing in at just over a thirteen ounces and unlike my older Kindle this tablet has a good solid feel to it. Its definitely lighter. Mine arrived fully charged and ready to be put to the test. After almost four weeks use these are my thoughts.

The first thing I did was switch out my sim card to check out reception. I got quite the surprise when I realized this puppy was receiving a better signal then my Samsung Galaxy 6. Most calls were clear. I did get an annoying echo when I switched off my Bluetooth headset and utilized the speaker phone option.

Marrying up to my Bluetooth gear headset, keyboard, receiver and speakers was on the money without the usual hiccups I've encountered with other tablets. I definitely like the option of being able to store my apps on this tablet or an SD card. For me, the battery life has been averaging around 5-6 hours.

The screen display is much better then expected. Even though my photographs are vibrant, video display is just a cut above average. Just like most devices it gets dicey when I'm outdoors. The dual 2 megapixel cameras do an okay job in a pinch. The LED flash does an excellent job of filling in the shadows.

One thing is certain. This tablet has no problem picking up a wi-fi signal and letting me know about it. I like the options that the on board 3.5mm port give me for connecting non Bluetooth devices. Particularly my old and trusty Sony mp3 player.

Overall its hard not to like this BLU Touchbook. Its definitely loaded with all the bells and whistles. Its versatility and price point makes it a serious player. If one is looking for a wallet friendly device that almost does it all, this BLU product may be your ticket.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Leaker, March 19, 2013
Finding a quality snow cone machine that doesn't break the bank is almost a no win situation. We've tried several without any success. When the Great Northern Polar arrived I thought just maybe this was the one. After reading over the instructions and sanitizing it we placed it on the counter for easy storage. I recommend using a lint free cloth with a solution of mild hand dish washing detergent and water for cleaning. Follow that step by wiping down the machine with a second rinse cloth. Remember to keep the lid open so that the ice well can air dry. We gave this snow cone maker a serious test two days later. Here are my thoughts on this product.

The side handles are a great addition for this baby is no light weight. The flip power switch is a nice feature. I liked the optional foot pedal. Like any other kitchen tool with this much juice, there is a noise factor. Definitely not a deal breaker for me. The hinged clear plastic cover is a great idea. The soft plastic bottom spout is so so. The blue hard plastic snow cone cups are okay but no replacement for the old fashion paper cones that I picked up. One of the big selling points for me is that I used ice cubes straight from our fridge's ice maker. Other machines that we had purchased in the past required making ice molds. This machine made perfect snow each and every time.

Now for the bad news. After making snow cones I went back to the kitchen to clean up and noticed water standing under the machine. It wasn't a giant puddle or anything, but it had me concerned. I moved the snow cone maker to another spot while I cleaned up the puddle. I discovered that the machine was still leaking. With the help of a flashlight I checked for leaks and found that there was water dripping from the motor housing. The wires inside the housing were wet as well. Its obvious that the ice chamber was not properly sealed and was leaking into the housing.

You don't have to be an electrical engineer to figure out this is a shock hazard. I immediately packed up this snow cone maker and accessories and returned them to Amazon for a refund. Just like any purchase there's always a lemon in the bunch. Too bad it had to be this machine. Obviously quality control issues sunk a good working product. If it had not been for the leaking issues, I would easily have rated this model four stars. For safety reasons, I will not re-order or recommend this product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars GPS: 4 STARS/Magellan Customer Support: 1 STAR, October 15, 2010
I purchased this refurbished Magellan Maestro 4700 for my pick up and also own another one that I bought new last year. Both work great with the exception of the on and off again bluetooth and voice command issues that I still encounter from time to time. I've gone through my fair share of slow and inconsistent GPS products ranging from Garmin, TomTom and yes even Magellan. You really have to do your homework. I settled on getting a second one of these because my first one has been a workhorse.

Just like my first purchase, downloading updates via the included USB cable was quick and without issues. Powering up is a breeze. Total time for entering starting point to destination is about 45 seconds. The One Touch screen is on the money. The menu allows for editing for one's own personal choices. I really have come to like the Predictive Traffic feature. In short, it creates alternate routes for known traffic tie ups.

Even though this system is primed for Bluetooth, not all mobile devices are compatible. This refurbished model paired well with one out of three cell phones. The other two were hit and miss. Connections were also dropped a bit more often then expected and clarity was an issue. Like our first Magellan 4700, my personal phone did not pair up at all with this unit. Maybe its a great working feature with the right phone. Bluetooth rates 3 stars at best.

Like every GPS system before it, Voice Command on this unit is simply a wasted feature that works when it wants to. This add on alone receives a failing grade from me. On the other hand, Spoken Street Name Guide with text to speech is clear and precise. The 3D Landmarks add on is a nice touch. I have yet to use the Find My Car feature. The free, no membership required AAA Guide is loaded with great up to date information.

The Maestro 4700 measures in at over 5" wide x 3.5" height and weighs about 6 ounces. The biggest draw for me personally is the large 4.7" color touch screen, predictive traffic, and the lane guide arrow features. The user friendly one touch interface is definitely a winner. On the downside, the Maestro 4700's screen is not viewable in all lighting conditions. Granted its not as bad as my previous model, but there is still some glare to contend with.

Quick Spell automatically fills in the blanks and makes locating a destination easy. One of the sweetest features is the lane guide arrows (Highway Lane Assist) program that sounds a bell when my next turn is coming up. It quickly guides me into the correct lane without the usual "Oops, how did I miss that exit?"

The Maestro 4700 comes preloaded with maps of the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. Additional maps can be stored on board via SD Card. Included accessories are a windshield mount, storage pouch, dash mounting disk, car power adapter, handbook, USB cable, and an informative CD. I recommend buying a good protective case. Magellan loses major style points for not including an AC power supply plug. Unplugged, the battery provided me a little over 2 hours of power.

Even though Magellan's products have vastly improved in the last few years, its customer support is totally a lost cause. Add the frustrating wait time before a human picks up and combine that with their totally outdated scripts, and the customer still isn't any closer to resolving the problem at hand. Customer support is ONE STAR at best. A one year warranty is tagged onto this product.

The continued glitches with both Bluetooth and Voice Command that I experienced on my older 4700 are not that much different on this reconditioned unit. These issues undoubtedly keep the Maestro 4700 from picking up more then a four star rating. Still it covers the basics and gets me to and from my destination. That's all I need.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2011 3:58 AM PST