Profile for WALDO812 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 390

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WALDO812 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cafejo Single serve pack for the Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Sumatra, 12 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $35.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Good To The Last Drop, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I prefer my coffee black. That said, rarely do I find a coffee in the K cup line that truly has both full body and flavor without the bite. The Cafejo dark roast Sumatra definitely delivers on all counts without that instant coffee taste that I normally get from other K cup brands. One of the biggest hits for me with this cup of java is that it actually tasted fresh. Unlike similar Sumatra coffees this product was smooth without the usual bitterness. That's a major plus for me. As far hints of nutmeg go, I didn't taste it. However, I did get just a lite taste of chocolate. Another plus is the packaging on this coffee. I didn't get the usual grounds that other K cups sprinkle in to my morning cup of joe. Yesterday was the first time that I can say I truly enjoyed two cups of coffee from a K cup machine. I find this coffee well balanced and bitter free. Its a keeper.

Melissa & Doug Kangaroo and Joey Plush
Melissa & Doug Kangaroo and Joey Plush
Price: $77.79
5 used & new from $66.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra Snuggly, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The folks at Melissa & Doug's toy factory hit another home run with this mom and baby kangaroo set. Incredibly detailed and built to last, this family of roos is sure to be a hit for the little ones. I especially like the internal wire framing that allows for the mom kangaroo to free stand in the corner of our little one's bedroom. At 34" tall she is definitely not going to be overlooked. Baby kangaroo measures in at almost 11" tall. I am sure the children that receive this dynamic plush duo will find a way to store more items then just little Joey in mom's pouch.

The life like eyes are attached well. Like most Melissa and Doug products, the stitching is first rate. Another big thing for me is that unlike some of the other plush toys lines we've encountered, there was no weird odor emitting from these roos. This latest addition from M & D is recommended for children three years and older. One thing is certain. This beautiful plush toy collection has definitely been a hit in our house. In the words of our resident princess, "Both are extra snuggly".

Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Price: $29.92
7 used & new from $29.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Toaster Oven, September 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been looking for a good, small oven for the man cave. So when the opportunity came along to test this Black & Decker toaster oven, I signed on. After a weekend of testing one thing is for sure. Not all toaster ovens are created equal.

Out of the box, this oven is ready to go. Measuring 14.5" x 8.8" x 10.8" it doesn't take up a lot of real estate. At almost eight pounds, its definitely a lite weight. Like almost all economically priced toaster ovens, this black bodied unit is fronted by a stainless steel plate and (3) ABS manual dials.

After a quick read of the start up guide it was time to put this puppy to work. The control panel is easy on the eyes. The function, temperature, and timer dials are fluid and work without issue. The timer ring is certainly not the loudest one on the market. For me the power lamp is bright enough.

I'm not so sure about the even toast technology that is this oven's big marketing point. On several tries, I found that the bread was not evenly toasted unless I rotated the slices. I even tried with english muffins. Same result. For me that kind of defeats the purpose of owning a toaster oven.

I broke out some frozen cookie dough and fired up this oven for baking. Again, I had to rotate the mini cooking pan to get an even heat. I believe the problem lies with equipping this unit with just one heating tube on both the top and bottom.

Now for the pizza test. This oven did an okay job of reheating leftover single slices from my favorite pizzaria. I found out that cooking a frozen pizza is another story. Again its all about rotation. Forget about using a pizza pan too. Even our smallest round pizza pan couldn't fit into the oven.

My last test was to see how this oven could handle baking frozen pot pies. Midway through the baking process I found the dough tops were getting overly brown. I solved that problem by placing foil over the pie tops so that they could continue to cook. Total cooking time was almost 50 minutes.

Clean up is rather easy. I hand washed both the removable crumb tray and rack. Its kind of a no brainer to figure out that this B&D product is not going to replace our almost antique Oster toaster oven anytime soon. The reason is simple. It doesn't bring the heat.

The manufacturer tags a two year warranty and a suggested price tag of over thirty nine buckazoids for this mini oven. I've seen it locally priced for under thirty. This Black & Decker toaster oven might be just the right thing for students or the man cave for heating up pretzels and leftover pizza. Its definitely not a serious tool for family kitchens.

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5 Qt. Chili Pot
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5 Qt. Chili Pot
Price: $33.99
8 used & new from $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The All Purpose Pot, September 21, 2014
Whether its doing time as the designated pasta cooker or holding down the fort as the official cauldron for my chili, this Calphalon five quart pot has served us well. I've even put this puppy to work as the bean pot for our outdoor grilling needs. It more then holds its own on charcoal grills. The quality of this product says it all. At five pounds its not going to get confused with any of those cooking show lite weights. Its tough. The lid is first rate and marries up well with our Calaphon skillets too. The silicone coated handles have a great feel to them and show no chance of accidental slipping with this design. Clean up wise this pot can handle the dishwasher, but I prefer hand washing. In the long run the pots seem to last a whole lot longer. In the past we've received other brands as gifts and tried them but keep coming back to Calaphon. The quality speaks for itself. Nobody does it better.

NOCO XGrid XGB6 22Wh Rugged USB Battery Pack
NOCO XGrid XGB6 22Wh Rugged USB Battery Pack
Price: $69.95
10 used & new from $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years I've run into a couple of battery packs that could go the distance. I've also owned my share of power sucking lemons too. Trust me, there are way too many posers out there hogging up valuable shelf space in the electronics store. That said I was more then glad to have the opportunity to test this NOCO XGB6 pack.

Out of the box this puppy looks impressive. Even at eight ounces, its got a nice feel. At 6.1" x 4.1" x 2.4", it doesn't take up a lot of real estate. Its comes nicely packaged. The manufacturer includes a dedicated USB charging cable, manual and user guide. This pack is also tagged with a one year warranty.

I really like the stealthy design. The lithium ion battery is covered in a black rubber body that provides maximum protection from dust, water and those occasion bounces. The rubber port caps are sweet. Unlike some of the knockoffs out there, they provide a great seal. Its fitted with (1) USB port and (1) out port.

This pack arrived 75% charged. After charging our two mp3 players and my work phone I charged the unit via my desk top. Four hours later I was back in business. The power status LEDs work like a charm. Green is 100% juice. Yellow is 75% and Red floats between 25-50%. Another home run for this tool is the LED glow light. Its perfect for quick reads on maps or checking the charging status on my gear.

I had absolutely no problems charging my android phone while this battery pack was in charge mode. The IP code or ingress protection rating for this battery pack is IP65. Six means that its dust tight. Five means its water tight. Charging current is 6000 mAh. Voltage is 5V. Power is 22.2 Wh at its maxium. Amperage is 2.1A in/out.

I gave this product a serious run at our tailgating party. Needless to say almost midway through the event my cell phone required immediate attention. I actually plugged my phone into the battery pack and forgot about it until the next morning. I found my phone fully charged and saw that the remaining juice indicator on this pack was reading in at 50%. That was a nice surprise.

Since then I utilized this unit to charge everything from our mp3 players to my antique Magellan GPS. Unlike a couple of lemons that I unfortunately owned in the past, I've had absolutely no issues with overcharging. That says a lot. Durability wise it survived a quick downpour and a couple of drops. It still works.

All in all, its hard to find a reason not to like the NOCO XGB6 battery pack. Personally, I wish the this unit came with an ac wall plug. Its definitely held its own in our home and at events. I think the folks at NOCO got this one right. The XGB6 has earned its stripes. Its a keeper.

Adams Manufacturing 8590-23-3731 Quik-Fold® Cafe Bistro Set, Desert Clay
Adams Manufacturing 8590-23-3731 Quik-Fold® Cafe Bistro Set, Desert Clay
Price: $64.14
11 used & new from $57.73

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Durable, September 9, 2014
A few years ago I picked up my first Adams Bistro set. What sold me was 100% pure durability and of course portability. Since then, I've added two more sets. Plain and simple,these guys hold up well. This set also cleans up nice. Not to mention the comfort factor. I get just the right amount of support. Unlike cheap knockoffs, color fading hasn't been an issue.

The umbrella hole easily supports both my metal and wood canopies. Made in the USA, this table and chairs set has gone the distance many times over. They've found duty at the beach, camping out and at our bike meets. Without a doubt this is one the best resin outdoor furniture sets on the market. This furniture is definitely a cost effective investment in fun.

Avanti Rosefan 4-Piece Towel Set, Ivory
Avanti Rosefan 4-Piece Towel Set, Ivory
Price: $52.99
2 used & new from $52.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Upon arrival, this four piece Avanti Rosefan towel set definitely makes a statement. On looks alone these towels kick in the wow factor. This set includes a 26" x 48" bath, 12" x 12" face, 11" x 16" finger and 15" x 27" hand towels. The towels are beautifully faced with a rose arrangement in an array of beige, green and pink colors on ivory. The stitching on the design is first rate with absolutely no signs of fraying or misses.

The weave is all cotton and definitely lighter then similar purchases that we have made. As others have noted the New Jersey based Avanti obviously skipped securing the ribbon edging to the fabric. I know from past experiences with other brands that the wrinkle factor will set in. Still, even with the shortcomings I do like the look of these towels. In reality, I don't see myself using these. However this Avanti collection will look great in our newly remodeled guest bathroom.

Twinings Chai Latte K-cups for Keurig Brewers, 12 Count
Twinings Chai Latte K-cups for Keurig Brewers, 12 Count
Offered by Robyn's Retail
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The First K Cup Tea That I Like, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In all honestly I'm not that high on the selection of K cup teas that are out there. For me most have that instant tea from a jar taste. Some are just bland. Personally, I find there is no better tea then one that is totally brewed. That said I was not looking for any earth moving, flavor busting notes with this Twinings Chai Latte brand.

As in past encounters with k cup teas and my antique Keurig, it didn't take me long to realize that water regulation is everything with this product. Too much and its nothing more then flavored aqua. I found a very unique flavor at the 6 ounce water mark. Its probably the best tea that I've had from a Keurig brewer. I like the blend of cinnamon, cloves and ginger. In no way is this chai tea going to replace my old stand by, but it does offer the taste buds a true treat.

For those die hard Keurig owners/Chai tea lovers that have no desire to break out the tea kettle, this Twinings product may be the elixir you're looking for. Its definitely the closest thing to the real deal currently on the K cup market. Just be advised of its limitations and don't be afraid to break out the measuring cup.

Best Selling Brighton Cloth Storage Ottoman, Off-white
Best Selling Brighton Cloth Storage Ottoman, Off-white
Price: $204.99
4 used & new from $204.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra Storage, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like most families and singles, storage is always at a premium. There never seems to be enough. So it was a no brainer to test this Brighton Ottoman. Unfortunately this item arrived via FedEx battered and open on one end. The original container was also the shipping box. The fabric was covered well and took no hits. Sadly one of the MDF (medium density fiberboard) front legs was a major casualty. No worries. I moved one of the back legs to the front to match. I was able to use an old night stand leg as a replacement.

Even though I'm not a big fan of fabric covered furniture, this ottoman has a nice look. The off white actually works for me. The seat cushion is not overly firm but by no means flat. The only ping I have against the storage compartment is the shear fabric lining. Its definitely something that I will be replacing. Surprisingly the hinges were fluid and without the usual stickiness of similar pieces we've owned. I like the overall frame make up. Its built to take some weight. It weighs 38 lbs and measures 51"L x 18"W x 16" H.

In the meantime this ottoman more then fits our needs as a suitable storage accessory for bed linens and blankets in the guest room. Even with the damages incurred during shipping, its a good working piece. I can even live with the blah white cloth covering.

Kobi Electric LED-1600-AD-50 K2L3 Incandescent Light Bulb
Kobi Electric LED-1600-AD-50 K2L3 Incandescent Light Bulb
Offered by WAD Enterprises, LLC
Price: $23.99
4 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For me personally, trying to find the right LED bulb has been a roll of the dice. Irregardless of what each and every manufacturer claims, I have not found one bulb that has lived up to its billing. Not to mention one that has made it through the year. That said I was more then interested in trying out this Kobi LED bulb for a test run. These are my thoughts on this product.

Out of the no frills generic cardboard box, this indoor use bulb weighs in at a little more then 8 ounces. It measures 5" long by 3" at its widest point. The company includes a list of approved dimmer hardware. The box also sports a lighting data label. At 19 watts this puppy puts out 1600 lumens. Even though its no where to be found in or on the packaging, the company tags this product with a five year limited warranty.

Now for the test. The first thing that I realized is that due to its shape this bulb is not going to go just anywhere. My favorite reading lamp couldn't support it. No worries, the stand up lamp in the living room was more then capable of handling the task. Even with the lamp shade on, this bulb definitely lit up that one dark corner of the room. With just about four hours of continuous use I had no flicker or heat issues.

The next day I installed this bulb in the recessed lighting can over the kitchen bar. It definitely brightened the area. Unlike the other LED bulb I picked up from the big orange store there was absolutely no flickering. It also married up well with our Lutron dimmer. After about two hours I broke out my infrared sensor to take a reading. The bulb temp stayed steady at 80 degrees. Not bad. Unlike the one it replaced I got no shadowing effects. I like the color.

The last test I put this bulb to work as an overhead light in my tool room. To be honest, I really found no real difference in either brightness or heat signature compared to the 18 watt Cree brand that it replaced. Both seem to be equal in everything except price tag. This Kobi product is tagged five dollars higher then the Cree I found at the big orange store. This bulb is also an import whereas the Cree product is made in the USA.

There's not much to dislike about the make up of this Kobi LED bulb. Undoubtedly the fin technology works in keeping the bulb cool. The fin assembly also makes this bulb one directional. That could be an issue for some. The safety coated glass seems first rate. A big factor for me is that this puppy lights up a room instantly. There are plenty of so called smart LED bulbs that don't. Another positive is that this product is mercury free.

Besides the high sticker price compared to similar bulbs on the market, I think the company could have done a better job with at least providing a written warranty. Adding a valid customer support phone number in the packaging instead of just slapping the company website on the box would be a plus too. In closing, I hope that this bulb does make it past its warranty. Heck, I'd be happy if it made past the twelve month mark. In the meantime this Kobi product works as advertised.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20