Profile for JDP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 370

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JDP RSS Feed (Margaritaville)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
2pcs New Black Earhooks for Plantronics Voyager 520 521 835 Explorer 235 320 395 245 243 242 240 360 370 220 350 340 330 Plantronics M50 M24 M20 Wireless Bluetooth Headset Headsets Ear Hooks Loops Clips Stabilizers Earloops Earclips Replacement Parts + Black Sea International Logo Good Quality Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth (random color) 7X6"
Offered by BCS inc.
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Working Hardware, July 29, 2014
Even though the black ear hooks displayed on this web site look nothing like the items that I received, it works perfectly for my Plantronics Voyager 520. The hooks that I received are much more tapered on the ends. Mounting these ear hooks to my set of Voyager 520s took only minutes. Keep in mind that mounting hardware is not included. Overall I would still recommend this product. Its definitely is more cost effective then buying an overpriced Plantronics Voyager 520 knockoff product that is going to be dead on arrival. Been there and done that. At this price point I am going to re-order this product. Highly recommended!

Ambient Weather WR-099-AC-KIT Compact Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/WeatherBand Digital Radio, Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger, Cables and AC Adapter
Price: $34.59
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years I've gone through my share of emergency radios. My old trusty Radio Shack RS50 is still holding down the fort. The others didn't go the distance. This is my first test drive of an Ambient Weather product. I gave it a serious run at last weekend's bike club cookout. These are my thoughts.

Out of the box, it looks quite impressive. Besides the ac power supply and mini USB cable, this radio is packed with a connector cable and three small adapter tips for android phones or tablets. The manufacturer tags on a one year limited warranty.

Besides being loaded with features, its a lot smaller then similar gear with all the bells and whistles. It measures 5" H x 3.2" W x 1.8" D and weighs less then 5 ounces. I have to admit I do like the smaller size. It doesn't take up much space in my cargo pockets. The carabiner is solid and easily secures on to my backpack.

I charged this radio via the ac charger the night before. As far as auto tune goes, it was on the money for most of my FM stations. AM was the usual touch and go. I had no problem picking up NOAA reports. For a small box the volume was surprisingly good. Distortion was minimum. The ear bud port works too.

The telescoping antenna is better then most. I'm definitely on board with the easy on the eyes back lit digital tuning. The 3 LED flashlight was way better then I thought it would be. It came in handy. Surprisingly I got about six hours of continuous juice before the power LED went dark.

The next day I tried the dynamo feature (crank). According to the manual one minute of cranking will allow for twenty minutes of radio. I got closer to fifteen. Still not bad. The crank housing isn't the best. The crank is fluid but re-stowing the handle is touch and go.

As far as solar charging goes, it can be an experience. It does work but due to the length of time it takes it will be in no way my preferred source of charging. As far as a power source for my cell phones, this product does not provide the juice to Apple gear. Not a deal breaker by any means.

Overall I like what the Ambient Weather WR99 emergency radio brings to the table. Its definitely a worthwhile addition to my emergency locker.

Bodum 11388-565 Bistro Whisk, Large, Green
Bodum 11388-565 Bistro Whisk, Large, Green
Price: $10.00
6 used & new from $9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Its A Keeper, July 29, 2014
Looking to replace our almost ancient wire whisk I opted to try out this Bodum product. We picked up the lime green handle version. One of the first things that I found myself liking about this product is the silicone handle. Its got a great ergonomic feel. The nodules on the handle allow for a somewhat non slip grip. At almost 12" in length this puppy is certainly not going to get lost in the utensil drawer. I really like the wide bell. So far so good its been quite durable and unlike the cheap units out there, it retains its shape. This whisk more then covers the territory in hand mixing. Clean up is a breeze. Its a keeper.

Black and Decker LHT2220B 20-Volt Bare Max Lithium Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch,Without Battery
Price: $62.19
6 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tool, July 19, 2014
When my almost antique electric hedge trimmer finally bit the dust, I changed up and bought this Black & Decker 20v hedge trimmer. My initial doubts on this gear went away in a hurry. Wow, what a difference. This trimmer has been a work horse. The 22" blades on this puppy did an outstanding job of cutting through my jungle. The lite weight combined with the great ergonomic feel of the handle is really a difference maker. I also noticed that I got less vibration too. Surprisingly, the 20 volt battery gave me more then enough juice to get both my front and back yard hedge cutting needs done. It can easily handle up to 3/4" branches without any real difficulty. The manufacturer tacks on a two year warranty. I certainly don't miss the cords or extra weight of my older unit. After nine months use its proven itself to be a vital tool in my yard arsenal. Its a keeper.

Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset
2 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Used & Refurbished, July 13, 2014
Over the years I've been through a number of headsets. Plantronics Voyager 520 has always been the one that did it for me. I ordered a new one to replace my older unit that finally bit the dust. As usual I was expecting the same quality gear from Amazon. What I thought I was getting was a NEW Plantronics Voyager 520 in its original manufacturer's packaging. What I received was the headset in a zip lock bag. The charging cable and instructions were packed tightly in another zip lock bag. Judging by the looks and packaging its obvious that I received a used/refurbished unit. This is totally unsatisfactory.

No where on this website does it state that this product is refurbished or used. Obviously some things were left for the buyer's imagination. At $49.99 it was an expensive lesson learned. By the way, that's the price normally charged for a new one with the manufacturer's original packaging. What bugs me more is that even though the product was provided by a third party vendor, it was Amazon that fulfilled the order. There's a lot to be said for truth in advertising. Tomorrow this headset is on its way back to Amazon for an immediate refund.

Black & Decker RO100 5-Inch Palm Grip Random Orbit Sander
Black & Decker RO100 5-Inch Palm Grip Random Orbit Sander
Price: $27.76
16 used & new from $23.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Work Horse, July 11, 2014
When my old reliable Makita went belly up six months ago I picked up this Black & Decker 5" palm orbit sander. At 2 amps and 12000 opm (orbits per minute) it packs quite a punch for my furniture projects. My wooden lawn furniture never looked so good. This puppy is surprisingly powerful. I particularly like the sealed switch. My older Makita had a slide switch that always found away to clog up. This sander is certainly a great change up over my old stand by. The pad break works like a charm. I don't have to worry about hard gouges in my wood either. The only weakness this model has is the same one all of the sanders have in this price range. The so called dust collection system. The slide on dust collector bag is a joke. I rigged my shop vac to alleviate that problem. The folks at Black & Decker tag this sander with a two year warranty. For under twenty five bucks its a bargain. Its been a work horse for me.

Bialetti Trends Collection 5 Quart Pasta Pot, Black
Bialetti Trends Collection 5 Quart Pasta Pot, Black
Price: $29.99
9 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Metal Flake, July 11, 2014
I ordered this Bialetti 5 qt aluminum orange colored pasta pot for my sister. I was hoping that it would match up well with her new orange themed kitchen. I know its hit and miss when it comes to product description and photographs on this website but I didn't expect my purchase to be that far off. Instead of orange, I received a way too glittery metal flake blazing orange and red pot. No where on Amazon or the manufacturer's website does it mention metal flake. Besides the issue with the paint job, the lid does not securely fasten on to the pot. Needless to say, this glitter coated pot and its misaligned lid are on the way back to Amazon.

Plantronics M50 - Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Plantronics M50 - Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $29.95
104 used & new from $26.09

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% Junk, July 11, 2014
Like everything else, I knew my excellent luck on Plantronics gear would eventually come to an end. This is the first Plantronics product that literally fails in every category. First it took forever to pair up with my cell phone. When this unit finally did pair up, out of nowhere the call would revert back to my phone. Plantronics trademark wind protection did not exist on this headset. Even on slightly windy days callers could not hear me.

Another major problem is volume. It does not exist on this gear. Not only did callers have issues with hearing me, I could barely hear them. Having callers ask me constantly to repeat myself was a first for me on a Plantronics headset. Another ping against this product is that the ear loop is poorly constructed. It will be only a matter of time before the thin plastic breaks. It also takes a great deal of effort to utilize both the power and volume controls. Lesson learned. I am going back to my older Plantronics headset. The folks at Plantronics definitely failed its loyal customer base with this dud.

Samson SWV266SHT6U-321 Handheld Wireless Microphone
Samson SWV266SHT6U-321 Handheld Wireless Microphone
Price: $79.99
17 used & new from $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited, July 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've owned my share of mics from everything like Blue to my almost antique Neumann. I've also run across my share of dogs. The folks at Samson have been known to put out some quality gear. Just like everyone else they have seen their share of lemons too. Sometimes nice surprises come in small packages. Sometimes. These are my thoughts on the Samson Stage V266 kit.

Out of the box, the first thing that came to my mind was the lack of weight. We're talking maybe 3 lbs total. The hollow plastic body on this gear is an accident waiting to happen. Besides the receiver, this kit comes with (2) mics (1) 1/4" to 1/4" cable, (2) 9 volt batteries, (1) 1/4" to RCA cable and a power cord (AC). The instructions are first rate and easy to understand.

The power button and two volume controls for the receiver are mounted on the front of the unit. There are individual LED indicators for juice status for both channels and power. Both channel outputs and power port are well marked on the back of the receiver. The two antenna mountings are fluid and rotate easily. They are also collapsible for storage or travel.

I think the mics are way too lite. The battery compartment is located on the bottom of the mics. I really have my doubts with the screw off base. Its weak and very easy to chip. The mics have both an audio and power on/off switch. The audio switch simply mutes the mic. A green LED illuminates when the mic is powered up. A channel number is located on the bottom.

I gave this system its first run in the Man Cave(garage). I connected the receiver to my board and flipped on the juice. We moved inside the house and went from the first floor to the second including the attic. Surprisingly no matter which room we were in, we got no break up. I didn't expect that. Outside was touch and go until I popped on a couple of windscreens.

Afterwards we went back to the Cave and recorded a couple of vocal tracks. I wasn't expecting much with these puppies. So we weren't too broken up that the mics failed to deliver the goods. Our tracks sounded like we both had a very bad head cold. Definitely no comparison to my older gear. In no way should these be seriously considered for performances.

Personally, I would be afraid to travel with this gear. Even though it covers the basics, its definitely not road tough. Still for the price this Samson dual mic kit might be the ticket for small budgets that require stationary gear for bingo calling or indoor conferences. Musicians and karaoke performers should look at better alternatives. The bottom line is you're only as good as your gear.

JBL Voyager Portable Bluetooth Speaker (White)
JBL Voyager Portable Bluetooth Speaker (White)
Price: $249.95
10 used & new from $199.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've owned my share of JBL products which includes a still working and almost antique JBL bookshelf speaker system. Since then I've picked up a couple of portable speakers and a mp3 docking station. All are still up and running. So when given the opportunity to to take this puppy for a test drive, it was a no brainer. After two weeks of continuous use these are my thoughts.

Out of the box this speaker is impressive. Measuring in at about 8.6" x 8.6" x 8.1" and weighing in at a little over 5 lbs, its not going to get lost. The speaker system is packed with a 36" micro USB cable, power cord, warranty card, and instructions. Once again the company loses points for its ho hum instructions. Juice levels are easily monitored by LED lights.

Bluetooth, power, speaker phone, and volume controls are conveniently located on the front of the speaker. Auxiliary, USB and AC power ports are located on the back of the base. After a quick two hour charge, I first connected this speaker to my mp3 player. Afterwards I tried this speaker out with my Galaxy 4. I then connected my tablet. A big thumbs up for Bluetooth.

The portable speaker with its dual drivers easily detaches from the magnetic connectors on sub woofer docking station. Its puts on a great show for a good 4-5 hours before it needs to recharge. No matter what device I had married up to this speaker system it delivered the goods at 30 watts. My tunes were much more enhanced with the speaker docked.

A big plus for this speaker system is that it can marry up with multiple devices. That includes phone calls. Even though I'm not big on the phone call feature, I have to say both incoming and outgoing conversations were crisp and clear. Callers on the other end had absolutely no problems with hearing me. That says a lot. The speaker also has a unique ring for incoming calls.

I like the fact that the folks at JBL were thinking outside the box on this product. Its loaded with features without losing sight of its primary mission. They have definitely knocked one out of the park with the JBL Voyager. Its a keeper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20