Profile for WALDO812 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 444

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WALDO812 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pilot Dr. Grip FullBlack Retractable Ball Point Pen, Medium Point, Black Ink, Single Pen (36193)
Price: $5.07
18 used & new from $5.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, April 19, 2015
I've been a Pilot pen user for years. The overall quality and reliability of their gear speaks volumes. This Dr. Grip ball point pen is no exception. Not only does this pen provide a comfortable fit, its been a durable writing tool. In the elements this pen has held its own. Heck, its even survived a few rounds in the wash cycle.

Mechanically, the barrel, base, mast and spring are built to last. The clip provides just the right amount of security. The solid black body is a big selling point for me. Ergonomically this pen provides a good fit. No more skinny pens for me.

DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $61.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, April 17, 2015
I picked up this DeWalt nailer to replacing my almost ancient Craftsman. So far so good. Its been on the money in delivering the necessary punch without blemishing my wood. I can operate this rig on anything from 70-120 psi. The nose tip is removable. I can easily switch from a 5/8" brad strip to 2" in no time via the side loading magazine. Weighing in at just over two and half pounds, this nail gun is perfectly balanced. I particularly like the rubber grip. It definitely gives me a more comfortable feel.

The thumb wheel is quite fluid for easy depth adjustment. Unlike my older unit I've had zero jam ups. The mounted belt hook does a good job of providing support and frees up my hands when I need it. The manufacturer tags this puppy with a three year warranty. The ABS carrying case is solid and built to last a long time. The case hinging is better then most. Overall its hard not to like this nail gun. The folks at DeWalt knocked this one out of the park.

Repel 94109 Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent, 4-Ounce Pump Spray
Repel 94109 Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent, 4-Ounce Pump Spray
Price: $4.97
26 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection, April 15, 2015
I discovered this Repel product last summer while searching for a Deet free repellant for our outings. I've been a user since. Not only does it feel cool on the skin it also provides a somewhat awakening scent. Even though I don't recommend it for nasal congestion but it will definitely open up a clogged nose. I like the fact that it does not stain clothes or hiking gear. The active ingredient is oil of lemon eucalyptus. Realistically this repellent offers about five to six hours protection. That's good enough for me.

Sennheiser MX 686G Sports Earbud Headset
Sennheiser MX 686G Sports Earbud Headset
Price: $59.99
11 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Above Average, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit that at first glance the Sennheiser MX686G Earbud Headset looks pretty much like every other headset in this price range. Looks can be deceiving. After a little over two weeks of continuous use these are my thoughts on this product.

Out of the box, this headset comes packed with cable clip, instructions and storage pouch. The manufacturer tags this product with a two year limited warranty. The ear buds are also fitted with a built in anti-bacterial material. The almost neon lime green color is actually growing on me.

Now for the test. At first I wasn't totally on board with the comfort. Thanks in part to the slide to fit technology I was able to adjust the set for a decent comfort level. The cable looks and feels solid. Another plus was that I didn't get the usual tangled mess when I was running.

Sound wise, this Sennheiser headset isn't going ring up any serious points but it does do a decent job of balancing the tunes without any major blowout of highs. Bass is okay. I like the spacing of the control buttons on the remote. Unlike others I've used I got zero stiffness.

The engineering make up of this headset not only allows for me to hear oncoming traffic, I also pick up people's voices while listening to my tunes. Even after making adjustments and getting a seemingly good seal I still pick up outside sounds. For me its not really a big deal. I'm sure for other users it could be.

The omni-directional microphone performs okay with my Samsung Galaxy 6. It didn't take me long to realize that the microphone picks up just about anything and everything around me. When on the phone I was informed that the caller could hear other peoples' conversations clearly.

Even with noise pick up issues I like this Sennheiser headset. So far its been a durable piece of gear that has grown on me.

Louisville Ladder AS2104 250-Pound Duty Rating Aluminum Stepladder, 4-Feet
Louisville Ladder AS2104 250-Pound Duty Rating Aluminum Stepladder, 4-Feet
Price: $49.56
10 used & new from $44.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, April 15, 2015
Like all of the Louisville branded ladders that I own, this puppy is built to last. The 250 lb load capacity is more then enough for the jobs I take care of around the homestead. The feet are mounted with a good slip resistant rubber tread. The mast is fitted with a solid all purpose tray that can support every thing from buckets to drills. I particularly like the magnetic tray. Like most of the company's line up, this ladder meets or exceeds specs from the big boys. To make it short, Louisville ladders have been helping me to do the job for years. Its all about the quality and performance.

Amped Wireless High Power Plug-In AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (REC33A)
Amped Wireless High Power Plug-In AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (REC33A)
Price: $154.99
31 used & new from $154.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For quite some time, we've been looking at different options to extend our signal into my garage/workshop. So it was a no brainer to jump on board when given the opportunity to test this Amped product. After a little over three weeks use, these are my thoughts about this range extender.

Out of the box, this Amped range extender comes packed with instructions, removable antenna, and install video. The company tags a one year warranty on this product. After a quick inventory and going over the instructions it was time to light off this puppy.

First off, its a good idea to know your dead zone. I installed this unit between our office room and the garage. From there I had to establish a connection with my tablet to this range extender. Right off the bat I realized connecting via Firefox was not going to happen. No worries, I switched over to Chrome.

After entering the web set up address in Chrome I moved on to the unit's dashboard. After a few tries I finally hit the configuration that allowed me to connect with my new extended network. To be quite honest, the set up consumed a lot more time then I thought it would.

One thing is for sure. This range extender is definitely bigger then some of the other models I looked at the big blue box store. It a good idea to find an electrical outlet that is under utilized and is free of any blockage such as furniture and things.

As expected, I've had issues with maintaining a signal in the garage. There's been a few drops. In short, when the box's signal strength LED fails to illuminate its time for me to go back and reconfigure. That usually resolves the issue until next time.

No doubt structure make up and the location of the wi-fi extender comes in to the equation. Even with interruptions this Amped product does do the job for me.

BLU Touchbook 8.0 3g - Unlocked - Black
BLU Touchbook 8.0 3g - Unlocked - Black
Price: $151.45
9 used & new from $141.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Loaded, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Out of the box, this Android BLU Touchbook 8.0 looks quite impressive. Weighing in at just over a thirteen ounces and unlike my older Kindle this tablet has a good solid feel to it. Its definitely lighter. Mine arrived fully charged and ready to be put to the test. After almost four weeks use these are my thoughts.

The first thing I did was switch out my sim card to check out reception. I got quite the surprise when I realized this puppy was receiving a better signal then my Samsung Galaxy 6. Most calls were clear. I did get an annoying echo when I switched off my Bluetooth headset and utilized the speaker phone option.

Marrying up to my Bluetooth gear headset, keyboard, receiver and speakers was on the money without the usual hiccups I've encountered with other tablets. I definitely like the option of being able to store my apps on this tablet or an SD card. For me, the battery life has been averaging around 5-6 hours.

The screen display is much better then expected. Even though my photographs are vibrant, video display is just a cut above average. Just like most devices it gets dicey when I'm outdoors. The dual 2 megapixel cameras do an okay job in a pinch. The LED flash does an excellent job of filling in the shadows.

One thing is certain. This tablet has no problem picking up a wi-fi signal and letting me know about it. I like the options that the on board 3.5mm port give me for connecting non Bluetooth devices. Particularly my old and trusty Sony mp3 player.

Overall its hard not to like this BLU Touchbook. Its definitely loaded with all the bells and whistles. Its versatility and price point makes it a serious player. If one is looking for a wallet friendly device that almost does it all, this BLU product may be your ticket.

Cuisinart 619-18P Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 2-Quart Cook and Pour Saucepan
Price: $37.08
5 used & new from $36.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kitchen Tool, March 11, 2015
For making small batches of pasta noodles or preparing my should have been world famous country gravy, this Cuisinart pan brings it on nicely. The built in strainer on the lid gets more action then I thought it would. The spout does a great job of pouring without any of the mess. No matter whats cooking I get a good even heat. Another big plus for me is both lid and pot handles are always cool to the touch. This pot can take a good beating without too much collateral damage. At two quarts capacity its provides just the right amount of volume. Whether its at our cookouts or in the kitchen this pot delivers.

Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PC
Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PC
Price: $149.99
2 used & new from $149.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Performer, March 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years we've had great success with the Hoover brand. Our almost antique Hoover Platinum is still up and running. Plain and simple the company just makes a good vacuum cleaner. We've also seen our share of non Hoover cordless models come and go. To make a long story short, all of them except our Dirt Devil have found a final resting place at the recycle center.

Out of the box and after a quick inventory and read of the instructions it was time to put this rig to work. Inventory consisted of (1) vacuum unit, (1) 20 volt lithium battery, (1) power brush, (1) battery charger, (1) crevice tool, (2) filters and (1) tool rack. Assembly is just a matter of connecting the body and handle. A phillips head screwdriver is required to attach the tool rack.

I like the fact that the battery arrived fully charged. The battery's on board juice indicator is certainly a great idea. I wish more outfits would go with that technology. Now for the test on tile floors. I have to say the suction on this model was much better then expected. Even with a much smaller vacuum head, this rig did a bang up job on our tile floors. The mounted light is also sweet.

I got a good twenty minutes before a noticeable power drop off. Clean up is a breeze. I put the hand vacuum to work on both of our cars. Surprisingly it held its own against my older corded unit. Even though it takes a little bit of work to remove the hand vacuum unit from the chassis, I like the flexibility that this Hoover Air Cordless model provides. At almost six pounds its a lite weight.

The manufacturer tags both the battery and vacuum unit with a five year warranty. Overall I like this Hoover model more then I thought I would. For small dwellings this product could be the ticket. Its light weight and functional. This one is now our go to floor tool in the garage apartment. Its a performer.

Thule TLGC-102 Legend GoPro Advanced Case (Black)
Thule TLGC-102 Legend GoPro Advanced Case (Black)
Price: $59.95
6 used & new from $48.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Protection, March 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like many other Go Pro camera owners have found out, finding the right storage case that doesn't break the bank is almost impossible. One thing is certain. There are way too many posers occupying valuable shelf space at the big blue box store down the street. It was a no brainer to immediately jump on board when the opportunity came along to take the Thule TLGC 102 for a test drive. These are my thoughts.

Measuring in at 3.3"D x 9.4"H x 14.2"L, first impressions says it all. The black bodied outer case is embossed with the Thule logo and mounted with a baby blue handle. The semi hard case provides for a good degree of protection. The handle came in handy for attaching the case to my backpack. The fasteners for the handle seem first rate. The re-enforced stitching on the two exterior zippers is sweet.

Interior real estate is 1.4"H x 13.6"L x 8.5"D. A passing rain cloud clued me in on the water repellency features of this case. Water just beaded up and rolled off the exterior. Unlike similar cases there was absolutely no water marks or staining. Thankfully my camera gear remained dry. I like the interior makeup. The removable EVA foam padding is sturdy and allows for plenty of storage for my batteries. cables and SD cards. Its also washable. The zip pockets are somewhat roomy and translucent for locating gear.

The manufacturer tags a somewhat amazing twenty five year warranty on this product. Overall its hard not to like this Thule product. It definitely passes the test when it comes to protecting my gear. This case has even survived the usual accidental drops. Exterior scarring has been minimal. It holds its own against my almost ancient Case Logic and Tamrac gear. Its a keeper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20