Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for WALDO812 > Reviews

Browse

WALDO812's Profile

Customer Reviews: 476

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WALDO812 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Melange 8-Piece Ceramic Steak Knife Set with Black Handle and White Blade
Melange 8-Piece Ceramic Steak Knife Set with Black Handle and White Blade

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, August 7, 2015
For a no name ceramic steak knife, these puppies do an excellent job. Nicely packaged with black matching covers, this set is made to impress. The real reward comes with sharpness of these blades. Even the toughest of steaks are no match for the serrated blades of this collection. Besides being a sharp blade, I don't have to worry about rust or metal shavings. Another big plus for me is the great ergonomic feel I get with these puppies. Clean up is a breeze. Nor the blades or the ABS handles have had any staining issues. Whether I'm cutting limes or sirloin, these blades provide an outstanding cut each and every time. They're keepers.

Whetstone Deluxe Camping Combo, Lantern and Fan, Black
Whetstone Deluxe Camping Combo, Lantern and Fan, Black
Price: $12.19
35 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, August 7, 2015
Looking for a flameless lighting alternative for my tent that didn't break the bank, I settled on this Whetstone combination fan and lantern. Measuring in at 6.25" x 6.25" x 7.25" and weighing almost two pounds, this puppy is a lite weight. Powered by (2) D cell batteries, the 18 LED bulb ring provided just the right amount of light for my needs. Even though the battery compartment has a nice tight fit, a good working gasket could make all the difference in a camper's world. I got a little over twenty four hours of light before I noticed a drop off.

The fan isn't going to win any awards for cooling but it does an okay job of circulating air in a small tent. Without running the lights I had about twelve hours of flowing air when set on the low speed. In the high speed setting it was closer to five hours of juice. The dual sliding power switches are fluid. I got no serious drag. I really like the hanging hook. It easily slides back into the handle frame when not in use. Another cool feature is that with a slip of the handle the light transforms into a base for the fan.

Surprisingly this combo rig survived a brief but steady down pour without any power interruptions. This model also endured a couple of bounces without any serious malfunctions. Overall I like this Whetstone product more then I thought I would. Since my initial purchase, this fan/lantern combo has survived several trips into the woods and still works. So far so good. Its definitely worth the twelve buck investment. I'd buy it again.

Kashi Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Flax, 8.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Kashi Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Flax, 8.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $24.18
18 used & new from $24.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Fully Loaded, July 29, 2015
Not many store brand cookies leave an impression on me. These Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax cookies bring it home quite nicely. Loaded with 100% great taste and no artificial gunk they are a good healthy alternative. The combination of walnuts, flaxseed and raisins combined with a blend of whole grains delivers quite a tasty treat. Although this cookie is not going to win any awards for being moist, it still rings up points with me. These cookies are a staple for our bike and backpacking runs.

Decorative Cast Resin Wall Hanging Mermaid Holding A Seahorse 5.5" Wide
Decorative Cast Resin Wall Hanging Mermaid Holding A Seahorse 5.5" Wide
Offered by TGLDirect
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, July 29, 2015
When shopping for our little mermaid's bedroom I came across this wall plaque on Amazon. Honestly the photograph does not do this imaginative piece justice. Its far more eye catching. Primarily made of a plaster based material, it measures almost five inches. This plaque is mounted with a toothed bracket for easy hanging. Its definitely been a piece that has brightened the smile of our resident mermaid. Its the perfect addition to her growing collection.

AmazonBasics On-Ear Headphones - Black
AmazonBasics On-Ear Headphones - Black
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, July 29, 2015
Looking around for a low priced and yet a good working headset I opted to try out this AmazonBasics set. Let's face it for the asking price I knew I was not getting the cadillac of headsets. Still this puppy surprised me. Make no mistake this plastic bodied headset is noisy but by no means a deal breaker for me. Because of the lack of comfort, I usually don't buy into on ear headsets. This rig is actually quite comfortable.

The cushioning is surprisingly good. I like the fact that band easily expands and retracts for the different head sizes in our family. Another plus is that the swivel mechanism is fluid and makes storage quite easy. Sound wise, both tunes and movies come in quite balanced. I didn't get the usual tininess found on cheaper headsets. For the asking price, I was not expecting a storage bag. The bag is better then expected. The folks at Amazon tag this product with a one year limited warranty. Its a keeper.

Motorola S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black/White
Motorola S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black/White
Offered by FireBall
Price: $42.99
56 used & new from $26.94

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, July 29, 2015
Looking for a good back up bluetooth headset that would not break the bank, I settled on this Motorola product. Being that it was listed at a good markdown price as Amazon's Gold Box special of the day, I pulled the trigger. Wow was that a mistake. In all honesty, 99.9% of the time the Gold Box special has always paid off for me. Definitely not this time.

I thought I was purchasing a genuine Motorola S11 Flex HD bluetooth headset. What I received was a non working, very generic looking piece of gear in a clear plastic bag. No instructions, no warranty and not even a tag identifying this rig as a Motorola product. Even though its pictured on Amazon's website with accessories, the USB charging cable and power plug are not included. Not a biggie. I used my cable.

Even though this headset doesn't hold a charge, it is comfortable. Still, I cannot over emphasize the fact that this headset has the look and feel of a knock off. Poser or not, this rig is on its way back to Amazon for a refund.

Ion Audio Job Rocker Speaker System - 50 W RMS - Wireless Speaker(s) - 100 ft - Bluetooth - iPod Supported - IPA30
Offered by ***** END OF SEASON CLEARANCE LIMITED SUPPLIES ******
Price: $156.59
2 used & new from $156.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, July 13, 2015
When my old Bosch PB10 shop radio finally bit the dust last spring there weren't that many choices out there. I did pick up a lite weight that had nowhere near all the bells and whistles of my older unit. Primarily the reception and power on my new radio came nowhere close to my Bosch PB10. So it was a no brainer to jump on board when the opportunity came to take the Ion Job Rocker for a test drive. After a little over four weeks use these are my thoughts on the Job Rocker.

The Job Rocker comes with a 6' detachable power cord, (1) 3.5mm audio cable, and instructions. The instructions are pretty cut and dry. By no means is this puppy a lite weight. It weighs in at almost 21 pounds and measures 12" x 14.5" x 15". Remember we are talking about a car battery. The manufacturer slaps on a weak 90 day warranty. After reading over the instructions I charged the battery overnight. I wish the power cord was hardwired. It didn't take me long to realize that if I leave it unplugged for a couple of days that the battery loses juice rather quickly.

One thing is for sure, out of the box the Job Rocker is definitely orange. The twin chrome metal roll bars are fitted with smooth rubber handles. I like the all metal protective grill. The wood cabinet seems solid and is trimmed in black ABS. The corners are protected with metal bumper guards. For me the LED screen could be a tad larger but definitely not a deal breaker. It is illuminated. I like the front mounted auxiliary port. The rubberized volume knob is sweet.

The master power switch is located on the back. Just a note tunes can only be played if both the front and back power switches are on. I do like the protective rubber dust covers on the two AC and power outlets. What I don't like is that the AC outlets are totally useless unless the unit is plugged into power. That alone keeps this boombox from being a useful emergency power source. I do like the battery juice level indicator on the back of this box. The green indicator lights show up well and are functional. Its not water proof.

Outfitted with a fixed flex antenna reception is way better then I thought it would be. I was able to pick up my favorite FM rock and sports stations without any problems. On the AM side, picking up stations was touch and go. Presetting stations is limited to six AM & six FM. Connecting via bluetooth to my Samsung GalaxyIII was smooth. Marrying up to my older work phone was another story. The included 3.5mm cable easily allowed me to connect my Sony mp3 player. Streaming was good up to about 19 feet. Anything past that and it was iffy.

With 50 watts of peak power, this speaker is no wimp. It is capable of shaking the paint off the walls. Like similar boxes, there is no treble or bass control on this puppy. The Job Rocker delivered my tunes with clear highs. I found the bass way too weak. Fully charged, I got zero distortion. I've taken this boom box to work sites as well as playing it at home. I got roughly about 40 some hours before it was time to recharge the battery. This puppy should always be plugged into the juice when not in use.

No doubt, the manufacturer dropped the ball with the AC outlets, bass and the loss of juice issues. I still find myself liking this box only because it does pump out the tunes. I can even live with the butt ugly international orange color. Let's face it. Its definitely not for everyone. With a weak 90 day warranty its a roll of the dice. There are certainly better options out there that weigh and cost less. Its by no means my favorite box. Knowing its limitations and working around them is the key. it does the job for me.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Big & Orange, July 13, 2015

Double Ridge 12 Oz. Mug (Set of 4) Color: Green
Double Ridge 12 Oz. Mug (Set of 4) Color: Green
Offered by Buy Online Express
Price: $21.50
2 used & new from $21.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cups, July 9, 2015
I picked up two sets of these cups to replace my ancient and chipping older mismatched collection in the Man Cave. One green set and one blue set. Surprisingly the green set of four sells for nine bucks while the blue set sells for twenty. Same cup just a different color. Both are sold by Amazon and not some third party vendor. I guess the green doesn't move off the shelf fast enough. Even so, they have held up well. The colors are vibrant and look better then the pricier ones at the department stores.

With all the joe the guys and I consume I was sure the capacity was larger then 13 ounces. The wide mouth is great. These cups even fit under the girls' mini Keurig coffee contraption. The handle is nicely rounded for gripping. They do a great job of holding the heat on those nippy mornings. These puppies even make it through a two minute drill via the microwave. All in all, I like these cups. They are without a doubt Man Cave approved.

Rachael Ray Dinnerware Double Ridge 4-Piece Salad Plate Set
Rachael Ray Dinnerware Double Ridge 4-Piece Salad Plate Set
Price: $16.77
7 used & new from $16.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, July 7, 2015
I picked up eight of these green plates to replace our ancient and mismatched collection in the garage apartment. Besides the under ten bucks price tag per set, I like the overall weight and design of these plates. The colors are vibrant and look better then the pricier ones I've seen at the department stores. Another big plus is that these puppies hold their own in the microwave too. At eight and half inches its the perfect size for salads, snacks, sandwiches and small breakfasts. After ten months of continuous use this set has held up well. I ordered more for the main kitchen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20