Profile for WALDO812 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 418

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WALDO812 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mayhew Select 45045 Lighted Telescoping Pen Pick-Up Tool
Mayhew Select 45045 Lighted Telescoping Pen Pick-Up Tool
Offered by Tool Deals
Price: $9.93
17 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Stocking Stuffer, December 17, 2014
I picked up a couple of these Mayhew telescoping magnetic tools for gifts. I particularly like the strong magnet on this puppy. Its proven to be a very useful tool. The telescoping extension rod has a fluid feed and expands from 6 3/4" to 20.5". The refillable ball point pen is still holding its own. The jury is out on the LED light. It works when it wants to. The light feature is really not a serious tool for illuminating hard to get to spaces. The clip provides a good solid grasp to the pockets. Other then the light issue, this tool isn't that bad. Knowing its limitations, I'd still buy it again.

Hundred Tears By Shelia Wolk Koi Fish and Mermaid
Hundred Tears By Shelia Wolk Koi Fish and Mermaid
Offered by Gift Xchange
Price: $35.99
9 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 17, 2014
When shopping for our little mermaid I came across this beautiful statue on Amazon. Honestly the photograph does not do this imaginative piece justice. Its far more eye catching. Primarily made of a poly resin this Shiela Wolk classic measures almost six inches tall. Brilliantly hand painted, its a piece that has brightened the smile of our resident mermaid. Its the perfect addition to her growing collection.

Rockport Men's Storm Surge Toe Oxford,Tan,9.5 W US
Rockport Men's Storm Surge Toe Oxford,Tan,9.5 W US

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shoe, December 17, 2014
I've been Rockport guy from the very beginning. What sold me most on their line of shoes is the overall quality and comfort. Whether its work or play these folks at Rockport deliver the goods. This Storm Surge Oxford is no exception. The overall built and quality of this shoe speaks volumes. So far so good, the foam padding has held up well. I definitely like the extra heel cushioning. The stitching is first rate. The thermoplastic sole is better then most. I got zero slippage. As far as keeping my feet dry in a down pour, the water proof leather exceeds expectations. My only ping on this product is the wimpy shoe strings. I expected better from Rockford. No worries. This shoe is still a winner. I'd buy this pair again.

Remington Products Lithium Powered Rotary Shaver, Get Into The Swing, XR1340GOLF
Price: $178.41
2 used & new from $155.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Then Expected, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Originally I was slated to review the Remington Get Into The Swing XR1340 Golf shaver. What I received is the XR1340 Rebel Edition. On looks alone I'm very glad that the latter arrived. The Rebel edition is a sleek grey and black bodied shaver embossed with a stylish, non cheesy flames motif. Out of the attractive gift box, this Remington product is definitely a sweet looking piece of shaving gear. After three days use these are my thoughts.

Besides the shaver, this kit comes packed with a black nylon travel bag, folding charging stand, plastic head cap, utility brush, power cord, and a 3 month subscription to Road & Track magazine. The travel bag is nicer then I expected. The zipper seems first rate. I'm not too big on the charging stand. For me its too lite. I'm sure the teeth on the hinge assembly will be the first thing to go. The manufacturer tags this shaver with a two year limited warranty.

After an initial 24 hour charge it was time to put this puppy to work on my two day growth. I like the overall ergonomics of this shaver. Its nicely balanced. In dry shave mode, the titanium twin track blades that are built into the rotary heads got down to business. I got a good close shave on the left side of my face. A major plus is that I didn't get the usual pulling and chapping. On the right side of my face I shaved in wet mode. Even though dry shaving was good, I got a much more closer shave when wet.

The pop up trimmer does an okay job on sideburns. Like most mounted sideburn trimmers that I've run across, it is what it is. With a quick rinse and brushing of the heads, clean up is a breeze. Something I noticed immediately is that the motor on this rig is a whole lot quieter then on my older Norelco. That says a lot. Juice wise and in cordless mode, I've still got full power after three days. I'm sure that the on board LED monitor will let me know something soon.

Make no mistake, I'm very hard on power shavers. Very few have passed the test with my tough growth. Its been a long time since I've used a shaver that actually performed without the usual pulling of whiskers. Getting a close shave was slim to none with most. That's changed with this shaver. Whether its in dry or wet mode, I definitely enjoy the close shave that I get from this rig. No doubt the folks at Remington got this one right. The XR1340 Rebel Edition easily passes the test with my tough growth. I recommend it.

Dell Inspiron i3847-5078BK Desktop (Windows 7 Home Premium)
Dell Inspiron i3847-5078BK Desktop (Windows 7 Home Premium)
Price: $478.90
34 used & new from $445.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Home Computer, November 25, 2014
I was looking to replace our almost antique HP desktop with a rig that could handle the basics around the home. I picked this one up at Dell. Surprisingly the company price matched Amazon down to the penny. Delivery was relatively quick and free. After two weeks use these are my thoughts.

I ordered this pc with the i5 processor. It came pre-loaded with Windows 7 Home premium. The 8 gigs of memory is more then satisfactory for my daily routine of online banking, checking email and web surfing. The 1 TB hard drive easily accommodated my large collection of music and photographs. I had no problems transferring my files.

Unlike my noisy HP desktop, the silent tray loading feature on the dvd drive is sweet. Besides loading the usual movie or two with ease it does a bang up job of writing my picture cds for the folks. I don't see myself using the Pocket Cloud or anything similar.

One thing is for sure. With four USB 2.0 and three USB 3.0 ports, there's plenty of room to piggy back gear. As far as video goes one VGA and one HDMI should be more then enough for our immediate needs. The card reader on this desktop is an 8 in 1 media card reader.

The graphics have been great on what couple of games I downloaded on this puppy. Movies look even better on my Samsung monitor. The integrated audio delivered big with my M Audio speakers. Games, music, and movies were full throttle. The included mouse and keyboard are okay in a pinch. I promptly traded them out with my Saitek lighted keyboard and dumped the wired mouse for my wireless one.

With the exception to my Brother printer acting up wireless connectivity to my home network was on the money. After a little tweaking my printer is now on board my wireless network. As far as software goes, I dumped the McAfee 30 day trial for Bitedefender. I added my own copy of Microsoft Office. Warranty wise, Dell offers a one year in home package.

Overall I like this Dell Inspiron desktop. Its definitely a lot faster then my older HP. This computer is an excellent tool for our home. Set up was simple and without issues. It seems well built. I have no problem recommending this system. For me, it delivers on both price and features.

First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with Flashlight
First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with Flashlight
Price: $25.41
29 used & new from $21.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Luggage Duty, November 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whether its personal or property now days there's no such thing as too much protection. When traveling I like most people am not immune to carrying a little something extra for protection. I think the folks at First Alert have the right idea with their new PA100 Personal Alarm but still they found a way to go on the cheap when putting this puppy together. For the price and simple design it doesn't take rocket science to figure out how this device works.

Out of the clam shell casing this First Alert product comes packed with (1) CR2 3 volt battery, (1) lanyard and instructions. The manufacturer tags a one year limited warranty on this unit. Right off the bat the latch to the battery compartment seems to be a little flimsy. I'm sure the battery will long outlast the latch. One thing for sure is even with the battery this rig is a lite weight. Almost too lite for me. Despite its lack of weight, ergonomically its got the right fit.

This rig is fitted with flashlight, motion, and panic buttons located on the top. Even at the advertised 100 dB, the alarm seems a bit muted. This device also features a time delay feature. Its on the money. For me the lanyard is a little too short in length. The mini LED flashlight is average at best. Still it will work when looking for the keyhole of your door or sliding a room key card. I guess in a pinch the flash light beats nothing.

Another ping against this First Alert product is the thin plastic body. For me the body has a cheap brittle feel to it. I'm sure that after one good bounce on a concrete or tile floor its all over for this device. The finicky battery compartment latch is another issue. As for using as a personal security device, there are better options out there. This product might make the cut for duty as a luggage or door knob alarm. I can't see it for personal protection.

Home-it Folding Clothes Drying Rack, Laundry Drying Rack for Clothes Rack
Home-it Folding Clothes Drying Rack, Laundry Drying Rack for Clothes Rack
Offered by All-Home
Price: $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, November 21, 2014
Looking for something to give additional hanging space for non dryer items I opted for this drying rack. Measuring in at 14 1/2" D x 29 1/2" W with almost 42" high, this one surprisingly does the job. Its all steel frame is mounted on the ends and legs with hard plastic caps. On the downside the caps have a tendency to pop off. Fully expanded this rig is a little shaky but by no means a deal breaker.

The thing that sold me big time was the advertised mildew proof and rust resistant features. The accordion design works as advertised. Another big plus is its portability. In no time it folds for easy storage. It definitely has seen more use from everyone in the household then I thought it would. Overall it has held well even with the plastic caps popping off. For under twenty five bucks it does the job.

Adams Manufacturing 8500-23-3700 Quik-Fold® Side Table, Desert Clay
Adams Manufacturing 8500-23-3700 Quik-Fold® Side Table, Desert Clay
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Outdoor Gear, November 19, 2014
A few years ago I picked up my first Adams Bistro set. What sold me was 100% pure durability and of course portability. Since then, I've added two more sets and also picked a couple of these side tables. Plain and simple these guys hold up well. This table cleans up nicely too. Not to mention that unlike the cheap knockoffs, color fading has never been an issue.

Made in the USA, these side tables have gone the distance many times over. Weighing in at 3 lbs these guys can easily hold up to 25 lbs. They've found duty at the beach, camping out and at our bike meets. Without a doubt this is one the best resin furniture pieces on the market. These tables are definitely a cost effective investment in fun. I'd buy them again.

Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0-Inch 32 GB Tablet
Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0-Inch 32 GB Tablet
Price: $133.53
52 used & new from $114.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Power Issues, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With all the wannabe tablets taking up valuable shelf space in tron stores it doesn't take rocket science to figure out which one is ready for prime time. There are certainly some serious posers out there. That includes this Toshiba Encore 2 WT8 tablet. These are my thoughts on this product.

Out of the box, it looks impressive despite the satin gold finish. Weighing in at just over a half pound, it surprisingly has good balance. I'm not a big fan of the case. After reading over the very thin instructions and charging the unit over night it was time to power up this puppy.

Contrary to Microsoft's proprietary package its not required to set up an account to utilize Microsoft Office 365, Internet Explorer, or Windows 8 to utilize these tools. I haven't used Internet Explorer in years. I immediately dumped IE for Chrome. Right off the bat, I discovered that this tablet isn't going to win any awards for speed.

Connecting via WiFi or Bluetooth was a breeze. I didn't find any significant hiccups with either. The headset/microphone port was a little tighter then I would have preferred. Connecting via the USB port was without any issues. The volume and windows buttons were fluid. The power button works when it wants to. The speakers put out a decent sound.

Surprisingly for a budget tablet the 8" screen isn't all that bad. Without making any adjustments I found the resolution bright and clear. The touch feature is on the money except for the on screen controls in the right hand corner. If you have large hands its not going to be easy. I do like the touch screen keyboard. I actually liked writing emails on this tablet. That's a big first for me.

For storage, 32 gigabytes isn't going to get it done for multiple 18 hour playlists and that collection of just got to see again movies. This tablet is fitted with a slot for SD/SDHC/SDXC micro cards. Both 1.2 megapixel fixed lens/non flash are average. Even in a well lit area the shots are grainy. There is no HDMI port.

Power wise, now that is a mystery. One day its smooth sailing for checking out my favorite websites and hitting the email box. The next day, I can't get this puppy to power up. Then out of the blue, this tablet revives itself like nothing was wrong. When its working properly I get about 7-8 hours of juice. That is if it powers up.

The manufacturer tags this tablet with a one year limited warranty. For me this Toshiba product is obviously in need of some serious tweaking of both the battery supply and the power button. The screen controls need a lot of help too. With these issues in mind its a given that I could never recommend this tablet as a reliable e tool.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2014 6:48 AM PST

Aojia Desk Mesh Collection Business Card File Holder for Desk Desk Mesh Collection Business Card Holder for Desk Desk Mesh Collection Business Card Book for Desk Desk Mesh Collection Business Card Organizer for Desk Mesh Collection Desk Business Card Case Holder for Desk Mesh Collection Desk Business Card File Holder for Desk Mesh Collection Desk Index Card Holder for Desk 4.72"x3.15"x2"h Black Ly-9132b
Offered by AO JIA
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, November 15, 2014
It seems like its getting harder and harder to find good quality office gear. Thankfully I discovered these Aojia business card holders on Amazon. The black painted mesh steel is the perfect combination for displaying my business cards. Measuring it at almost 5" long x 3" wide, this puppy gracefully stands 2" tall. These card holders don't take up a lot of real estate and standout in a nice way.

Unlike most of those lacquered up particle board an glue wood units that are way overpriced and found in all the office superstores, these card holders can take a bounce and recover nicely. I also like the fact that this product can hold more cards then most. At under three bucks per unit these holders are a good economically priced advertising investment. I'd buy them again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20