Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Michael T. Kraus > Reviews

Browse

Michael T. Kraus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael T. Kraus RSS Feed (Anytown, USA)

MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi)
MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi)
Offered by WorldWide Distributors
Price: $299.00
36 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device, February 23, 2012
There are plenty of Xoom reviews on Amazon. I owned one when it originally came out, and I returned it because I didn't think it was worth $600. I bought this one used, and at $350 and with the OS upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, I am very happy with it.

Everything arrived as the seller described, I would use this seller again.

NCAA South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks Pet Jersey,  Large
NCAA South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks Pet Jersey, Large
Price: $16.78
4 used & new from $16.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool jersey, one caveat, January 3, 2012
This jersey appears to be well made and is more or less exactly what I was looking for, but unfortunately it didn't fit my girlfriend's dog. In fairness, I didn't measure the dog before ordering, and I probably should have done so (I didn't read through the sizing instructions too carefully - my fault). The dog is a Springer Spaniel, probably about 60 pounds or so.

I would say that this would comfortably fit a small to medium sized dog, or a large cat.

My understanding is that the company selling this doesn't actually manufacture the jerseys, and they were very responsive to my request to return this jersey, which is why I am reviewing this item five stars. I would buy from them again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is great, September 3, 2011
I'd give this 6 stars if I could. I've had this thing for a couple of months now, and it is awesome. I use it in conjunction with a pizza stone, and am making some of the best pizza I've ever made. I've been using Cowboy charcoal, which seems to burn at a higher temperature than the Kingsford briquettes. I'd recommend getting that type of charcoal or something similar. After heating the charcoal in the chimney, I spread it around the back of the oven. Then I throw in some more charcoal as well as blocks of wood. In about 2-3 minutes the wood goes up and the grill is ready. I've discovered that the best thing to do is prepare the pizza on a pan with a lot of cornmeal. Put it in for a couple of minutes (on top of the pizza stone) until it looks like the crust has firmed a little. Then I take the pizza out, remove it from the pan, and put it directly onto the stone for a little longer, turning it periodically.

The only minor quibble I have is that the supplied thermometer stops around 700 degrees. I am getting heats well in excess of that, probably around 900+, although I don't know because the needle goes way past the last marking.

If you like to make pizza, this thing is probably as close as you will get to having a brick oven without actually building one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2015 2:41 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 17, 2011
I've made pizza with this a couple of times now, it is excellent. If you use hardwood charcoal along with some actual pieces of wood you can get temperatures in excess of 700 degrees (not sure how hot because the supplied thermometer runs up to 700). If you are making multiple pizzas you may have to refuel in order to maintain really high temperatures. I'm still perfecting my technique, but starting the pizza on the pan on top of the pizza stone, and then transferring the pizza to the stone without the pan seems to work really well. Corn meal is your friend here, use it liberally. I'm getting very close to making brick-oven quality pizzas. If you have a Weber grill and like pizza, I highly recommend this.

Powermat Home & Office Mat (Black) [Doors Sold Separately]
Powermat Home & Office Mat (Black) [Doors Sold Separately]
17 used & new from $14.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, December 28, 2009
My main objective in reviewing this product is to drive down the average rating. I have little else to add to the other negative reviews here, they are more or less correct. This device is only nominally wireless (in that it uses magnetic induction to charge your device, while one magnet is plugged into the wall and the other is plugged into your device) and the advertising for the device is not clear/misleading.

We received one for Christmas and are returning it, I would recommend you not buy it.

GE 5.8 GHz Cordless Phone with Caller ID
GE 5.8 GHz Cordless Phone with Caller ID
3 used & new from $34.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor, buy a different phone..., March 3, 2006
I bought this phone because my previous portable phone (a Uniden 2.4 mHz) was interfering with my wireless network. I figured I would buy the cheapest 5.8 mHz phone that I could find with caller ID. I assumed that even the cheapest phone would be able to fulfill my modest needs (namely, to make and receive phone calls)...big mistake. This phone is by far the most infuriating piece of garbage I have ever owned. For whatever reason, the numbers do not always "register" with the phone when you dial them. The screen display will show all ten digits of the number you have dialed, but the phone will not dial, or you will get a "this number is incomplete..." message, etc. On average, I had to dial four or five times in order to get the call to go through. I tried dialing slow, dialing fast, and pretty much anything else I could think of. I exchanged the phone at the place I bought it (not Amazon), and had the same problem with the replacement phone. End of story, don't buy this phone.