Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Irene Rubaum-Keller > Reviews

Browse

Irene Rubaum-Kel...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Irene Rubaum-Keller RSS Feed

Passed and Present: Keeping Memories of Loved Ones Alive
Passed and Present: Keeping Memories of Loved Ones Alive
by Allison Gilbert
Price: $11.15
66 used & new from $7.21

5.0 out of 5 stars ... us unique and creative ways to remember those we love who are no longer alive, April 12, 2016
Allison offers us unique and creative ways to remember those we love who are no longer alive. They may be gone but they can remain with us. Thank you for this fabulous book Allison!

The After Wife: A Novel
The After Wife: A Novel
by Gigi Levangie Grazer
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun, Funny and Flirty Read, August 19, 2012
I really enjoyed The After Wife. I found myself laughing out loud a lot while reading it. That's rare for me. Hannah finds herself widowed in her early forties with a 3 year old daughter. Her friends jump in to help her out and she goes about grieving, figuring out how to live on her own and caring for her daughter. I live on the westside of L.A., where the story takes place, so I got all the references and recognized many of the people. Gigi does an excellent job of making the characters come to life and making us care about all of them. Even the obnoxious Dee Dee Pickler, her very aggressive real estate agent. I highly recommend this book! It was fun, very funny and flirty.

Please Don't Die Trying to Become Beautiful A Surgeon's Plea
Please Don't Die Trying to Become Beautiful A Surgeon's Plea
by A. David Rahimi
Price: $39.20
12 used & new from $39.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Informative and Easy to Read!, April 28, 2010
Dr. Rahimi has written a very informative and easy to read book about his life and his special contribution to the field of cosmetic surgery. If you are considering having anything done, it is a must read. Dr. Rahimi's approach does not involve general anesthesia and hence, you avoid the risks and the downtime. His results are beautiful and natural!

When You Lie About Your Age, the Terrorists Win: Reflections on Looking in the Mirror
by Carol Leifer
Price: $24.00
119 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Real, August 6, 2009
Being close in age to the author, I totally related to this book. It is extremely fun to read, well written and poignant. In a culture that praises youth and sexuality, Carol turns the mirror back on our society and with humour makes fun of it. She points out the benefits of getting older while joking about the negatives. From discussing her father's death, her coming out as a lesbian, her rediscovering her Jewishness, learning to love animals and adopting later in life, she covers a wide range of deep subjects with love and laughter. She made me feel good about getting older and being true to myself. This is a great book and a really fun read!

Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (WS)
Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (WS)
DVD ~ Albert Brooks
Price: $4.99
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterically Funny, July 9, 2007
I am so glad we waited until this movie came out on DVD to see it because we were laughing so hard, especially during the improv, that we missed the dialogue and had to keep rewinding and rewinding until we could get through it and hear all the words. The movie is worth seeing just for the improv bit alone. It is a moment of transcendent comedic brilliance. There are other moments in the film as well (like I'll never look at a Teepee again without thinking of the dressing room) that are hysterical, Albert Brooks at his best. Even a few seconds of footage of Albert boogying to the dancing girls on Indian TV had us rolling on the floor laughing. Don't miss this great Albert Brooks film!!!

Motherless Mothers: How Losing a Mother Shapes the Parent You Become
Motherless Mothers: How Losing a Mother Shapes the Parent You Become
by Hope Edelman
Price: $11.29
87 used & new from $1.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, May 22, 2007
Motherless Mothers is like a beacon of light for those of us who are one and for those who love us. It guides us through the parenting process from birth to teenage years with information, stories and hard data about what is normal, and what is not, for those of us trying to navigate the parenting waters without that most important person there to teach us, Mom. Just like Motherless Daughters before it, Motherless Mothers is the first book to offer us help, solice and support and to give us a framework to understand ourselves as parents. If you grew up without a Mom and/or didn't have one there for you, Get This Book. Great information and beautifully written!!!