Profile for R. Yamada > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Yamada "drm" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Shark Week Men's Small Banana Cream Graphic T Shirt - Design By Humans
Shark Week Men's Small Banana Cream Graphic T Shirt - Design By Humans

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality T., July 27, 2014
It's always a crapshoot when ordering T-shirts online but this one is very nice. It's 100% cotton and didn't shrink after its first trip in the dryer. The fit is very nice, maybe slightly larger than other printed T-shirts, which is great for my broad shoulders. The fabric is lightweight, soft, stretchy and comfortable; nice for hot summer days and working out. There are no uncomfortable tags to cut off; the info is printed on the fabric. And the print itself is part of the fabric - what I mean is you can't feel any transition from the unprinted to printed fabric. That applies to the tag info and the print on the front. I really like this shirt. My only minor gripe is that it smelled bad when new but don't worry, it disappears completely after the first wash.

fancy-sharky Men's Small Silver Graphic T Shirt - Design By Humans
fancy-sharky Men's Small Silver Graphic T Shirt - Design By Humans
Offered by DesignByHumans Official
Price: $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality T., July 27, 2014

SMSL SA-50 50Wx2 TDA7492 T-AMP Hi-fi Digital Power Amplifier + Power Adapter - Silver
Offered by SHENZHENAUDIO
Price: $69.88
6 used & new from $69.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price!, March 18, 2014
Well I read about the now famous, dirt-cheap Lepai amp in a Cnet review some time back. I was curious how it would perform on small bookshelf speakers connected to my pc (via various dacs I own). So I checked Amazon, which steered me to the Topping brand. It cost more but was worth it according to the reviews (I checked various models but lump them together). Then I found this SMSL amp. Not many reviews but it has more power than the Topping models I was considering.

I thought I'd give it a try. I was blown away! Very clean, crisp power. I don't know the real world specs but it sounds as good as the Audioengine N22 in my opinion; and for less than half the price. I don't own Topping or Lepai so I can't compare them. I can say the fit and finish is very good. It looks high end. Not cheap.

I'd recommend this amp for phones, MP3 players, PC's, Sonos, etc. I doubt it puts out clean power into 8 ohms at 50 watts average at low distortion but it's good enough. I don't know if it's stable into 4 ohms but my guess is yes.

My main gripes are that the power brick is almost as big as the amp and the DC connector sticks out a bit... Like it wasn't specifically designed for the unit (which I'm sure it wasn't).

Otherwise, this is a very capable, clean amp for smaller, efficient bookshelf speakers.

Icebreaker Men's RealFleece Mitten (Black, Small)
Icebreaker Men's RealFleece Mitten (Black, Small)
Price: $30.44
3 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Icebreaker??? Can't even block the wind from the vents in my car!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Icebreaker Men's Mitten (Apparel)
Air blows right through these mittens... I bought them to use in the car so I didn't need ski or mountain climbing mits... But these fail to keep my hands warm inside the car... The material is very thin and porous.

BodyCraft Xpress Pro Home Gym
BodyCraft Xpress Pro Home Gym
Offered by BodyCraft Direct
Price: $2,599.00
9 used & new from $2,308.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Logistical info, October 22, 2013
You can get the exact dimensions on BodyCraft's web site. Box 1/3 75x22x8 133 lbs; Box 2/3 45x42x17 197lbs; Box 3/3 79x11x6 40lbs; Weight Plates 4 Boxes 5x10x5 ea. 190lbs total (3-50lbs, 1-40lbs). Greg at IncrediBody was kind enough to get this info for me prior to ordering from them. Once the boxes are opened; there is no single piece that is too heavy for an average guy. Before assembling; you may want to watch the DVD video in Box 3(see above). There are some exercises you perform from the side. I didn't know this. Once it's fully assembled; it would be a real pain to move it. As it turns out, I got lucky and have enough space on the sides.

This thing is completely in parts. It took half a day to assemble. I took plenty of breaks. But yes, the first workout you get will be moving the boxes and assembling the thing! The instructions aren't the greatest and I believe there's an error when you get to the cable assembly diagram. You'll want to have a ratchet wrench or your build time will be significantly longer. One strange bolt is the allen bolt for the top of the weight stack - it's a size 8 (I think). That's very large for an allen wrench so you may not have one in the tool box.

Most of the vendors only include curbside delivery. Greg at IncrediBody upgraded me to "inside" delivery for free:) Unfortunately, the delivery company would only bring it into the garage. They aren't insured to bring it in the house. I know you can tip the driver and they'll bring packages to a specific room but I doubt one man can carry the largest box #2. This delivery company (Road Runner), does not operate on weekends and the delivery window they gave me was like 4 hours. I didn't have anyone who could accept the package for me on a weekday so I asked the dispatcher if I could have 2 guys deliver it to my basement on a Saturday - and I'd be ok to pay them extra. Sure enough, it pays to ask. A day later, she found 2 guys who could do that for me. So I paid extra but it was well worth it.

The gym itself is very nice as other reviewers have already mentioned.

Pro Call Blocker Newest Version 2.2! Nuisance phone call block and telemarketer screener. One-touch programming, TWO YEAR WARRANTY includes accidental damage protection!
Offered by dheerajsh
Price: $39.00
9 used & new from $29.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work - blocks phone line; no calls can get through!, October 22, 2013
First of all, the positive reviews here are very suspicious. See if they've reviewed any other items. But since Amazon has a great return policy, I decided it's worth try. Well after I plugged it into my Centurylink land line and my Panasonic phone; the calls stopped. All calls stopped. This was weird. So the next day, I tried calling my land line from my cell and couldn't get through. I unplugged it; and tried again. Same result. I tried looking at the manual; I couldn't even program the time as instructed. The buttons weren't doing what they were supposed to. The display wasn't showing what it was supposed to show. (I have caller ID so I didn't think I'd have to set the time manually but it wasn't displaying the right time - and that was after waiting 24 hrs).

I was really hoping this device would work. But hey, as long as Amazon is shipping the item; it's still worth a try. At least you won't have to pay for return shipping. Maybe you will have better luck than I did? Mine is going back.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 6:53 AM PST

CDN TM7-W Loud Alarm Large Digit Timer
CDN TM7-W Loud Alarm Large Digit Timer
Price: $9.89
9 used & new from $7.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using this model for around a decade., October 21, 2013
I bought a few of these a decade ago. My originals were branded "Polder." They are 2.5 inch square; have large, legible digits; a loud enough beep so I can hear them in the next room; and the magnet is strong enough to hold them on vertical surfaces. Seven years ago, I tried to buy more Polder timers when I moved into my home. But I couldn't find them on Amazon anymore so I tried other models from other manufacturers. Some were hard to read; hard to hear; had weak magnets; or they simply stopped working. Recently I found these "CDN" brand timers. I'm happy to say, they are exactly the same as my old Polders. I have maybe eight of this style and they are all working perfectly. I use them to time my showers; my workouts; my chores; breaks; reading sessions; etc. I use them everywhere but the kitchen. I highly recommend this timer.

Liquid Push Down Alcohol Dispenser- Labeled
Liquid Push Down Alcohol Dispenser- Labeled
Offered by ShopMedicalSupply
Price: $7.83
14 used & new from $7.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after a few uses., October 3, 2013
I have similar looking dispensers that have worked in a busy dental office for over 15 years. Unfortunately, these ones stopped working after only a few uses.

NAD Electronics D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier with aptX Bluetooth (Black)
NAD Electronics D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier with aptX Bluetooth (Black)
Offered by Spearit Sound
Price: $499.00
7 used & new from $490.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Too GREEN - Powers off automatically! (Updated from 3 to 5 stars), September 19, 2013
I'm using this with my main desktop pc; and connected to my Q Acoustics 2010 speakers(these are similar in specs to the Audioengine P4's). The sound is clean and the highs seem a little brighter than the NAD integrated amp I was using previously. Although that could also be the outboard Cambridge Audio DAC I was using with the integrated amp... Regardless, it sounds fine. My ears aren't that sensitive to electronics as long as it's decent equipment; speakers make a bigger difference. The form factor was the main feature for me. I wanted something with a smaller footprint than my previous setup. I'm short on real estate around my pc. The D3020 also looks badass next to my pc.

The problem is, it automatically powers off when not in use. I don't know how many minutes must pass before this happens; haven't had a chance to time it. I've looked in the manual and can't find anything about this "green" feature or how to turn it off. I emailed NAD and they haven't responded.

So as of now, every time I leave my pc for x minutes; the amp powers down; I have to press the power button to turn it back on (and it doesn't power on instantly like some gear - there's a delay); and the volume setting must be changed back to where I had it set... This is very annoying. I'm going back to my old amp. I will keep the D3020 but will use it somewhere else...

Update 10/3/13: I finally got a response from NAD. They are working on a software update to correct the power-off issue. It should be available this month. But I believe I'll have to ship the amp to my original dealer to have the update installed because there's no usb flash port like some devices have for updates.

Update 11/18/13: Dick from Spearit Sound sent me a link to update the firmware. You can download the update on your pc and plug the amp into a USB port; no need to ship it back. I'm happy to report that you can now set the device so it doesn't turn off automatically; so I'm giving it 5 stars. Many thanks to NAD and Spearitsound.com. I'm super-impressed with the service and response I received.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 11:12 PM PDT

PSB PTB-1 Tilt Base for Alpha PS1 Powered Speaker (Pair)
PSB PTB-1 Tilt Base for Alpha PS1 Powered Speaker (Pair)
Offered by Spearit Sound
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice although overpriced., September 1, 2013
These stands replace the base that comes standard with the PSB Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers. You just unscrew the four screws and swap the angled base with the originals; very easy. I'd estimate the new angle to be 15 degrees. It's the same material as the original base. The price is a little steep for what you're getting but it integrates with the speaker really well - nice clean look. One thing that I found disturbing were the fingerprints I found on the speakers under the original bases. Ewwww...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4