Profile for Charlotte Henley Babb > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 145

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charlotte Henley Babb RSS Feed (Spartanburg, SC USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Eagle Christian T-Shirt (4X-Large)
Eagle Christian T-Shirt (4X-Large)
Offered by Trenz Shirt Company
Price: $22.24
4 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Soar with the Eagle, February 8, 2015
This was a gift for my brother, a Christian musicisan. He likes it and wears it when he plays at church or in other locations. The print is very nice and the verse is readable and uplifting. A good quality shirt.

Propet Balance Women's Bilite Walker,Taupe Velour,11 2E US
Propet Balance Women's Bilite Walker,Taupe Velour,11 2E US
Price: $30.22
10 used & new from $30.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Something to wear with a dresss, February 8, 2015
After wearing Birkenstocks (42R) clogs and sandals for a decade or so, no other shoes seem to have any arch support. My feet are very wide and large with a high instep,but these are comfortable and nicer looking to wear with a dress. The loop & hook closures stay closed easily. I have not worn these a lot,and the softer sole feels a bit strange after the cork soles I am used tod, but the shoes are comfortable to wear at work where I sit a lot.

Deluxe Flexible Sock and Stocking Aid
Deluxe Flexible Sock and Stocking Aid
Offered by MEDLIFE HEALTH
Price: $9.54
17 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty Toes, February 8, 2015
It works. Now I have warm feet, and I don't have to work up a sweat just to put on my socks. It's simple and obvious to use. It does not pull the socks up over my calves, but does get them over my toes and ankles. For the price, it's fabulous.

Warehouse 13 Season 5
Warehouse 13 Season 5
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Prop Me up by an Artifact when I Die, February 8, 2015
I want to escape to Warehouse 13. I probably don't qualify as an agent, but it would be so much fun, and I would probably bring the world to the edge of disaster on a regular basis. I thought each season worked well as an arc for the story, and that the final epsode wrapped up the loose ends in ways that were satisfying..unlike many of the other shows I have watched.

I am glad that someone outthere in TV land understands good characters, an ensemble cast and fun stories. If you have not watched this, and you like adventure, humor, gadgets and conspiracy theories, I envy you as you have it still ahead of you to watch.

Write Your Novel From The Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, Pantsers and Everyone in Between
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Man in the Mirror Midpoint, February 8, 2015
Bell's take on the midpoint of plot has been very helpful in my quest to learn plotting over pantsing, though he has suggestions for both styles. His key point is 30-minute mark of an hour TV show, where the character has to face a personal moment, to decide to go with who he or she is, and onward to a transformational moment, or to refuse the call and slide into tragedy.

By starting at this midpoint, it is easier to work up a relevant and telling backstory that leads to Act 2 (Larry Brook's Plot Point 1) and from the this Mirror Moment Midpoint, to design an appropriate transformational moment at Plot Point 2 or Act 3.

It's a quick read with a few tips for discipline in writing at the end and a short synopsis of plot points with cute titles like "Kick in the Shin" and "Pet the Dog." Not new information, but a good way to look at story structure, and a different approach.

Unexpected Hero (Southern Seas Series)
Unexpected Hero (Southern Seas Series)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Twilight meets Isle of the Blue Dolphin, February 8, 2015
No vampires, just a lot of angst. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This was not the book I thought I signed up to read, so take my comments with a bit of hot sauce and cocoa.

It is a period romance, married sex handled very delicately on an island paradise with two very damaged people, both 30-ish with lots of baggage. Given the time period, 1866, the plot is believable, a sweet story, set on an island off the coast of Australia. There was enough feminist attitude to add some flavor to the heroine, and a seriously sensitive male to respond to it.

I kept expecting a larger background conflict that was foreshadowed several times--a Checkov's gun never fired--apparently a reference to a previous book in the series. I would like to have seen more about the island culture where the story was set, either from the heroine's eyes, having grown up there, or from the unexpected hero's eyes, as a new visitor. Both of them accepted the ministrations of the local people pretty much as a colonial would be expected to do. They only had eyes for each other and regrets for their pasts.

So if you are into sweet romance, dive in, feet first.

Fintie Kindle Paperwhite SmartShell Case - The Thinnest and Lightest Leather Cover for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (Both 2012 and 2013 Versions with 6" Display and Built-in Light), Vintage Antique Bronze
Offered by Fintie
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case with a bit of a steampunk vibe, February 8, 2015
Very nice case with a bit of a steampunk vibe. I carry my kindle in my pocketbook, along with a lot of other stuff and I did notwant it roughed up. Thease works nicely, snaps onto the kindle and the cover fold back easily for reading.

Amazing Guitar T-Shirt (4X-Large)
Amazing Guitar T-Shirt (4X-Large)
Offered by Trenz Shirt Company
Price: $22.24
3 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, January 1, 2015
My brother was very happy with his Christmas present and wore it to all the family gatherings. He plays guitar and is a practicing Christian, so it was perfect for him.

White Collar Season 6
White Collar Season 6
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Neal and Peter, January 1, 2015
What a build up to a finale! Most satisfying story letting each character arc play out. This has been one of the best series i have ever watched for writing, acting, character development and sheer creativity. It's too bad it's over...or is it?

Elf Off a Shelf - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
Elf Off a Shelf - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Legolas on Steroids, January 1, 2015
A cautionary tale about messing with the eldritch that shouldn't be messed with, epecially when it involves getting between Bubba and his favorite DEMON agent. Great fun, except for Bubba, that is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15