Profile for Beth > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beth RSS Feed

Everlasting Glow LED Indoor/Outdoor Resin Candle, Timer Feature, 3" x 6"
Everlasting Glow LED Indoor/Outdoor Resin Candle, Timer Feature, 3" x 6"
Price: $16.64
4 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These look a little too real, March 13, 2014
We buy these for a vacation rental in the California desert. Unfortunately, they look so real people keep lighting them! Time for more signs. The timer is a nice feature.

EK Success Paper Shapers medium square
EK Success Paper Shapers medium square
Offered by customers galore
Price: $7.94
4 used & new from $7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, March 13, 2014
I bought this paper punch to cut sample colors for a design class. It produces clean cuts consistently and has not gotten dull after several projects. Simple product, good price.

Prodigal Summer
Prodigal Summer
by Barbara Kingsolver
665 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars get it? WHACK? Okay, how about now?, June 5, 2001
This review is from: Prodigal Summer (Hardcover)
As a reader who loved the Poisonwood Bible, I was very disappointed by this book.
Altough I agree with the messages in the book, I found it to be preachy and heavyhanded. I agree with other reviewers who found the characters shallow and the writing simple. As for the romantic moments in the story--bizzarre, and not in a good way.
My impression of this book was that it was written quicky to fulfill a contract, or written early in the writer's career and shoved in a drawer until it was dusted off to ride on the success of the Poisonwood Bible. It certainly is a contrast to that book, which seemed to have alot of time, research and thought behind it.

The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse: A Novel
The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse: A Novel
by Louise Erdrich
221 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read this year, June 5, 2001
Although I have long been an Erdrich fan, I have to say that this book stands alone as one of the most beautifully written novels I have read in a long time. From a bear baptism to an ugly Virgin Mary to a death by flatulence, this book is alternately funny and poignant.
Louis Erdrich continues her tradition of intelligent, respectful and captivating writing with this book. Rather than elaborate on the specifics of characters and background in this novel, I will just say that this book gave me an overall sense of a writer who has found peace and come to appreciate life's joys.