Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Michael Noes > Reviews

Michael Noes' Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Noes RSS Feed

Proctor -Silex 1 Liter Electric Kettle
Proctor -Silex 1 Liter Electric Kettle
Offered by KTC web
Price: $17.45
54 used & new from $9.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Taste and Smell, November 18, 2007
Water purity and taste are the main issues for me here. Before I bought this item to use at work, I often used a stainless steel kettle on the stove at home. That water was fine of course, but this item makes water taste, smell, and even look plasticky (when light reflects inside the cup it looks oily and there is an oily film on top of the water). I can still taste and smell it even after I've brewed my tea.

I figured this might be normal for the first time using it, so I kept using it. I've used it over a week, probably 6 or 7 times, and there is no improvement. I haven't tried vinegar or anything like that, so I'm not sure if that will help... but even if it does, I don't really trust that plastic isn't getting into my water. I drink a lot of tea and water purity is important. If it's important to you too, I'd say spend a bit more and get a stainless steel model.

Aside from that major problem, no issues. water boils fast and quiet.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 12:26 PM PST

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version, Journaling Bible (Original, Black)
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version, Journaling Bible (Original, Black)
by ESV Bibles by Crossway
Price: $19.24
60 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're expecting a "Moleskine Bible" you'll probably love it., January 26, 2007
In reading through the poor reviews that this Bible is getting, I'm convinced that the people who wrote them didn't know what they were getting when they ordered it. This is a unique Bible. The reason I'm rating it a 4 instead of a 5 is that I understand it's not for everybody.

I'm 23, and I own all sorts of Bibles and Bible versions. I've been waiting for a Bible I could really feel is my own, something that wouldn't feel out of place if I throw it in my backpack, but still has something to it that would make me want to use it.

Basically, this Bible is an attempt to merge the Bible and a moleskine notebook, right down to the shrink wrapped packaging and paper insert, cream colored pages and the elastic strap. I'm a moleskine notebook user, and I love the things. If you do too, chances are you won't dislike this Bible. If you don't know what moleskines are or aren't a fan, this Bible might not appeal to you. I'm sure this is the reason for a lot of the dissatisfaction that people have. This bible devotes a lot of real estate to the journaling area; if you aren't planning on writing a lot in it, don't get this bible.

The text is very small (though not super-tiny like those pocket bibles). But that was something I was expecting, and I don't mind. If the text were any bigger, this bible would be thicker and heavier than I'd like. It's easily thrown in a backpack (securely with that oh-so-handy elastic strap) and it's not a burden to use or to carry around. The pages are slightly thicker and more porous than your traditional bible pages. I don't mind this at all- it's easier to write in the nearly two-inch margins (I use a mechanical pencil), and it probably makes the whole thing a bit less dense and lighter.

So I must confess, I'm in love with this bible. I can understand people's gripes about the text size and the size of the lines in the margins, but really, I don't mind either of these things, because I would rather that the overall product be smaller. You can get a lot of writing done in those nice big margins if you write small. I see no problems with the binding.

If you're looking for a standard, run-of-the-mill, regularly proportioned Bible, then this would be a bit of a shock if you ordered it and didn't expect the things that make it different. Take a look at the shape of it, and check out the pictures available online that show the pages. Personally I think this Bible has a lot of character, I love how simple it is, and I've been waiting for a journaling bible like it for some time now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2014 12:15 AM PDT