Profile for Stephanie Burns > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stephanie Burns RSS Feed

Playskool Favorites Lullaby Gloworm Toy, Blue
Playskool Favorites Lullaby Gloworm Toy, Blue
Price: $14.99
45 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Loves It!, December 28, 2013
I bought this for my four month old son for Christmas purely out of nostalgia for the Gloworm I had as a kid in the 80's. I couldn't be happier because he loves it!

Every time I turn it on he just smiles and smiles. He grabs at the glowing face and pulls it toward himself.

The music is soft and sounds like a piano. It's not obnoxious like a lot of the electronic songs that baby toys play.

It also has a setting where just the light comes on, without the music, like my classic Gloworm did.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase so far!

HALO SleepSack Micro Fleece Wearable Blanket, Green, Small
HALO SleepSack Micro Fleece Wearable Blanket, Green, Small
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Taller Babies!, December 3, 2013
I love the longer length on this sleep sack, as opposed to the Carter's ones, my baby is long and thin and this gave him plenty of leg room to move around at night.

Nature's Way Primadophilus for Children, 5 Ounce
Nature's Way Primadophilus for Children, 5 Ounce
Offered by VitaminsHub
Price: $11.99
48 used & new from $7.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Wonders for my Formula Fed Baby!, December 3, 2013
My three month old son has a lot of issues with reflux, so in addition to Zantac, we have him on thickened formula. He was doing great with it but started to have hard, dry poop which is not normal for a small baby and only every 2nd or 3rd day. I mix 1/2 tsp into his formula once a day and within a day he was pooping regularly and within 5 days his poop was back to how it was when he was getting breast milk. I was always told babies who drink formula would have stinkier, green poop, but thanks to this it's like a breastfed baby. I can only imagine he is digesting his formula so much better and he's seems happier! I would really recommend this to anyone who has a constipated baby or any baby who is formula fed.

Mothers 06208 Plastic Polish - 8 oz
Mothers 06208 Plastic Polish - 8 oz
Price: $6.74
28 used & new from $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy!, July 2, 2013
My headlights were really foggy and yellowed. I applied this product with a regular old dish towel as directed - didn't use a lot of pressure or elbow grease - and then wiped off with the clean side of the dish towel. I did it twice just for good measure. You can see my results in the product images, it worked great!

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
by David Sedaris
Price: $16.00
704 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Easy Read, December 21, 2011
I was introduced to David Sedaris by NPR and always looked forward to his stories on This American Life. I decided to check out some of his books.

I finished this book within the span of about 36 hours. It's a quick read and each story keeps you interested. I laughed out loud a few times but wouldn't say the book is hilarious, more poignant than anything. I was a little disappointed that there are a few repeat stories from "Holidays on Ice," which I read first. Overall, I would recommend for anyone with a good sense of humor.

Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Accessorizing
Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Accessorizing
by Jonathan Adler
Price: $13.25
114 used & new from $4.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Candy!, December 18, 2011
The pictures in the book are stunning! I love Jonathan Adler's sense of design and the light-hearted vibe he brings to an often-stuffy subject. This book is displayed (along with two of his others) in my office for inspiration! (I am an interior designer myself.) It reminds me to have fun and not take things so seriously and is total eye candy!

The Help Deluxe Edition
The Help Deluxe Edition
by Kathryn Stockett
Edition: Roughcut
Price: $20.69
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, December 18, 2011
This review is from: The Help Deluxe Edition (Roughcut)
Not much to say that hasn't been said. I really enjoyed this book, stayed up way too late for a few nights while reading it! I laughed, I cried.

EmeryCat Board Scratching Pad - As Seen On TV
EmeryCat Board Scratching Pad - As Seen On TV
Offered by Great Household
Price: $32.06
9 used & new from $22.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you introduce to kittens!, August 19, 2011
I first bought this for my two cats that are about two years old. They already loved similar corrugated cardboard scratchers so I figured they would love this too. I don't know if it was the rounded shape (their other ones were just flat) or the sand texture, but they didn't even give the Emery Cat a second glance. So I wrote it off and tossed it down in the basement.

When I ended up with two kittens found under a deck, I decided to dig it out to give the little guys something to play with. They absolutely loved it! They were right around 8 weeks old and climbed under it, on it, rolled around on it, and, of course, scratched it! Within a couple of days those razor-sharp kitten claws were smooth and round, way better than clipping with clippers!

So, in my experience, if you have grown cats who are used to something else, they may not pick up on this item. But for new kittens just starting out, this thing worked wonders!