Profile for CLS10 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CLS10 RSS Feed (NY,NY)

Panther in the Hive
Panther in the Hive
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 13, 2014
Really enjoyed this book! The fact that the protagonist is a POC (along with many of the other characters) made this book stand out in a positive way, as it's rare to come across POC leads in YA dystopian fic. And, there's no love triangle, another rarity in this genre. I enjoyed the fashion references, as I thought it brought a bit of levity to the book. Plus, it was true to who Tasha was...just because the world has ended, doesn't mean that a person turns immediately into Rambo and they dismiss all of their characteristics.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Esterna Rectangle Table Cover, X-Large
Esterna Rectangle Table Cover, X-Large
Price: $49.52

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and furniture..., November 7, 2014
Save your money; this cover is a real disappointment. I purchased this in August 2013 and by July 2014 it was completely faded and torn it several places. The fabric simply rotted and falls apart at the slightest touch. The only positive attribute was the size, it was big enough to cover my rectangler table and 6 chairs. I will definitely not consider purchasing this product again!!

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
10 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely addition to the Kindle Family!, November 24, 2011
While I've never seen the Kindle 1 in person, my mother has a kindle 2 and I had a kindle keyboard. I thought the kindle keyboard was a significant improvement over the kindle 2. Now, after owning the kindle touch for 2+ weeks, I think it's an improvement over the kindle keyboard.

I love the touch functionality. From day one, my kindle has been responsive to even the slightest of touches. Even without reading the instructions, it was pretty easy for me to figure out the device. When it comes to the onscreen keyboard, it's wonderful. I find it so much easier to type with the on screen keyboard than the hard keys on the kindle keyboard or kindle 2.

I like the option to change the screen refresh rate. It can either refresh after every 6 page turns or after every single page turn.

Also. The X-ray function is wonderful! It adds such depth and information to books as you read them (more and more books will come with X-ray,mthe number is growing weekly, if not daily).

All in all, I love the kindle touch! I still have my kindle keyboard, but the touch will be my everyday device.

Pulse (Deluxe) [+Video] [+Digital Booklet]
Pulse (Deluxe) [+Video] [+Digital Booklet]
Price: $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Toni is Still on Top!, May 2, 2011
This album is great, no doubts about it. I can listen to it all of the way through, without skipping songs. That, to me, is the mark of the great album. Even 20 years later, Toni still sounds and looks great (unlike other artists who shall not be named).

Favorite songs are : Hands Tied, Make My Heart, Lookin' At Me, Wardrobe, Hero, and Why Won't You Love Me. But, as stated before, the whole album is great.

It's a shame that the album hasn't sold better in the US. Perhaps we are so used to crap music that we can't appreciate real singing right in front of us. Also, Toni needs to get a better promo machine behind her because this album should be Platinum (or gold at the very least--unfortunately even a year later this wonderful album hasn't hit gold status).

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Building Start, but Very Much Worth the Time and Effort..., March 6, 2011
After months of having this book sitting on my kindle, I finally started reading the book early last week. I'd have finished it much sooner had I had all day to spend reading--I thought it was great! The book definitely made my commute to and from work go much faster since I was so immersed in the world that the author created.

I won't make a summary of the book--2000 reviews later, I'm sure many reviews have done the same. What I will say is that I realize that many felt that the book started off slowly. While I will not disagree, I will say that I didn't find that to be the case for me. Maybe it was because I'd heard a few people warn prospective readers about this particular fault and therefore I went in with my eyes open. But, I found all of the groundwork that was laid in the first few chapters to be necessary to the whole store. That's what it was--foundational information, and sometimes that type of information isn't always compelling, but it's necessary.

I thought that Lisbeth and Mikael made a great team. However, I was taken aback by Lisbeth's epiphany toward the end of the book, as I didn't see this as the type of book that would explore those types of feelings. It was unexpected, but not disliked.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the Millennium trilogy soon.

Oh, and as an extra note for Kindle users: the formatting in this book is almost flawless (I found one word broken up by accident). No other formatting issues and the TOC is great and active.

The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)
The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great foray into historical fiction, but the second half left much to be desired., February 9, 2011
I jumped on The Hangman's Daughter months ago when it was on sale for $.99. I'd never read historical fiction, and the book was getting high praise on the kindle forum and for the price I figured it was worth taking a chance. I'm glad I read it. I enjoyed Jakob and Simon's characters as well as Magdalena, though she wasn't seen as much as the first two.

I will say, though, that the translation needs work. There were times when I was reading the book and wondering why the same explanations were given repeatedly (for example, that Anna Maria was the hangman's wife. There was no need to say this multiple times in the book). There were other instances of a wonky translations. I won't say that it took away from my enjoyment of the book--because it didn't. But sometimes certain portions did make me pause.

Also, for those who prefer a fast paced book--this isn't the book for you. This book definitely has its slow spots. And, I would say that the book could have been shortened without losing the "feel" of the book or any of the important parts. The first half of the book was great and sucked me in...and then the second half fell somewhat flat. I actually stopped reading the book for a bit because I became bored.

That said, I've heard that this is actually the first book in the series. I'd definitely be interested in reading the next book, but I hope that a different translator is used and that the momentum lasts for the entire book.

I'd give this book 3.5 stars.

Maisy May
Maisy May
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and it just may make you think a little bit..., January 3, 2011
This review is from: Maisy May (Kindle Edition)
I thought Maisy May was a great book--if we could give half stars, I'd give it a 4.5, so I just rounded up. It started off a bit slow for the first few pages, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I think many there are many teens today who are like Maisy--trying to navigate their hormones, schools life, and dealing with self discovery in the face of a religious belief system they have tried to follow. By growing up and meeting new people and making new friends, Maisy has to reconcile a religious viewpoint that may not be good for her, especially since religion IMO is not a one size fits all model.

I just found Maisy to be smart and resilient. One of the plot twists was predictable, but it didn't take away from the story.

All in all, I recommend giving this book a try. I liked some of the passages so much, I actually highlighted them in my kindle!

Belkin Pleated Kindle Sleeve (Fits Kindle Keyboard) Perfect Plum
Belkin Pleated Kindle Sleeve (Fits Kindle Keyboard) Perfect Plum

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What It's Supposed to Do, December 22, 2010
I got this sleeve for interim protection for my K3 from another store (who, at the time, had the case on sale for $23.99). It's a great little sleeve. I feel confident "throwing" the kindle into my purse without fear of damage. Plus, the color (perfect plum) is great! It's a nice sleeve for those who want the protection but prefer to read their Kindle "naked" (ie, sans cover).

The X-Files: The Complete Collector's Edition
The X-Files: The Complete Collector's Edition
DVD ~ David Duchovny
4 used & new from $289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For the true x-phile, December 12, 2008
I was about 9 when the show came originally aired and didn't get into the show until late in the 4th season. Yet, I still remember the fun, anxiety, and angst I felt while watching the series. I'd always watched the show when I could, but really got back into the show after seeing IWTB this past July. I wanted to watch the show from the beginning without relying on fickle cable. Luckily, I caught this set being sold in the gold box on 12/5 and I jumped right in and ordered it. The set is great: all nine seasons with all of the extras from the original dvd sets (the ones that will run you $[...] a pop, aka not the slim sets). Plus, there are nice little collectors items included. I haven't had any problems with the disks, casing, or drawer sliding out.

I personally think that The X-Files is one of the best tv series of all time, and I look forward to having mini X-Files marathons as I rediscover the magic of this show.