Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Nikki > Reviews

Browse

Nikki's Profile

Customer Reviews: 89

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nikki "Loves good books" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Catherine Cookson Anthology (Eight Disc Set)
The Catherine Cookson Anthology (Eight Disc Set)
DVD ~ Catherine Zeta Jones
Offered by twilightmedia
Price: $49.09
24 used & new from $36.91

5.0 out of 5 stars great actors and actresses, December 21, 2014
These movies are all very well done, high production values, great actors and actresses. I watch these movies over and over again. They are sad, sweet and romantic just like the books. These were originally aired as mini-series from about 3 to 6 hours in length each. If you are a fan of the novels, the BBC then this is a great collection. This set includes a couple of movies that I was not able to rent from Netflix so that is another reason I chose to purchase these.

The Magdalen
The Magdalen
by Marita Conlon-McKenna
Price: $16.44
111 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a true to life account, December 21, 2014
This review is from: The Magdalen (Paperback)
After seeing the movie based on the stories of 2 women who escaped from the nuns and researching the evil that was the Magdalene Laundry institutions, I was interested in reading what I thought was an account of a true life experience of life inside. . This author has chosen to downplay the horrors these young girls and women had to endure as a place that they didn't want to leave, preferring it to life 'outside'. The sex act is repeatedly described, but in a cheesy (and boring) sort of way that detracted rather than added to the story. The author fails to convey the feeling of the post world war II period, the poverty of the Irish country folk, and the mind-set of Catholic girls raised to be ashamed of not only sex itself, but having 'sinful thoughts'. The main character doesn't even enter the institution until 1/2 through the book.

Nature's Approach Aromatherapy Lavender Eye Pillow with Satin Backing Herbal Pack, Celestial Indigo
Price: $13.16
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, doesn't freeze hard, December 21, 2014
I use this on my face every night. The insert is removable. It does have a nice lavender smell as advertised. Doesn't hold the cold for very long, but then it doesn't freeze hard so it is comfortable and you can adjust the filling to fit your face. ( I get a similar affect to this product by filling a tube sock with rice and throwing it in the freezer).

CoverGirl Outlast All Day Two Step Lipcolor, Coral 575, 0.13 Ounce
CoverGirl Outlast All Day Two Step Lipcolor, Coral 575, 0.13 Ounce
4 used & new from $9.44

3.0 out of 5 stars I do love the Outlast products because they really stay on all ..., December 21, 2014
This is a much brighter & red tinted color than it appears online. I do love the Outlast products because they really stay on all day.

The Truth (With Jokes)
The Truth (With Jokes)
by Al Franken
Edition: Audio CD
77 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I have loved Al Franken since his SNL days and although this ..., December 8, 2014
This review is from: The Truth (With Jokes) (Audio CD)
I have loved Al Franken since his SNL days and although this was politically heavy on Truth, I thought it was too light on Jokes. Look at the cover, even AL isn't smiling about this one! I own all of his CD's and have even rebought several, but this I just couldn't listen to.

Oh, The Things I Know
Oh, The Things I Know
by Al Franken
Edition: Audio CD
12 used & new from $3.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Timelessly funny!, December 8, 2014
This review is from: Oh, The Things I Know (Audio CD)
If you love Al Franken then this is a hoot! I have purchased all his books and CD's and this is the one that still makes me laugh out loud. It isn't one of his 'political' books. He makes fun of his sex life, drugs, bad bosses, college graduates, and his own self-help book. Great for fans!

Portable Mini 2-speed Sewing Machine with 100 Piece Kit
Portable Mini 2-speed Sewing Machine with 100 Piece Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, December 8, 2014
Don't waste your money on this.

Kawasaki K26G Hardtail Mountain Bike, 26 inch Wheels, 18 inch Frame, Women's Bike, White/Pink
Price: $186.10
7 used & new from $158.55

2.0 out of 5 stars This bike was easy to put together and only took a few minutes, December 8, 2014
This bike was easy to put together and only took a few minutes, but it rides like a cheap bike I could have purchased at the local K-mart or Wal-Mart for much less. It doesn't ride well and all the plastic parts just make it feel not sturdy. Even the tires lookl cheap. I was hoping for a great mountain bike like the ones Schwinn sold years & years ago which I rode on beaches, through forest trails, on dirt road, etc., but this one is really only good for pavement. Instead of feeling like a Ladies bike, I feel like I am riding a GIRLS bike although for a very big girl....

A Hazard of Hearts / Lady Hamilton
A Hazard of Hearts / Lady Hamilton
DVD ~ Helena Bonham Carter
Offered by itembazaar
Price: $45.39
25 used & new from $8.74

1.0 out of 5 stars low-quality movies with extremely poor production values, December 8, 2014
This is NOT a high quality BBC production Catherine Cookson's novels as I mistakenly thought. Both of these are very low-budget, low-quality movies with extremely poor production values. One of the movies reminds me of a cheesy Italian-made movie of decades past. Helena Bonham Carter is a youth-full beauty here so if you are a big fan of hers then you might like it, but if you are looking for a PBS Masterpiece Theater type movie, you will be disappointed. I could not even donate it my local library since a couple of scenes are what used to be called 'naughty'.

Ematic 2GB Color MP3 Video Player with 1.5-Inch Screen, FM Radio and Voice Recording, Pink
Offered by Impeccable Products
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 4+ years user, December 8, 2014
I bought a Green Ematic in 2010 , This little thing has been dropped numerous times, laid on, sat on, stuffed in bags/purses, etc. ; I dropped it on the floor the other day and it split in 1/2 and I snapped it back together and it still works just the same. I use it every day and night; fall asleep with it playing each night. Yes, it is hard to turn on sometimes and the backward/forward scrolling is very slow, but believe me, I have more than gotten my $24.95 worth for the 4+ years I have been using it. Also, I never bothered with the disc, I just download mp3 files direct from the internet or those saved from my laptop. I will keep buying these as long as they make them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9