Profile for Lpfanaddy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lpfanaddy "Lpfanaddy" RSS Feed (Louisville, KY)

Page: 1 | 2
inFAMOUS: Second Son Limited Edition (PlayStation 4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son Limited Edition (PlayStation 4)
Price: $56.28
78 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars From a Non-Fan of the First Two Games, May 16, 2014
First off, I played the first Infamous all the way through and thought it was a decent game at best that wore out its welcome far before the game's conclusion. The combat and parkour style traversal were tedious and melee was practically useless. Once I saw the trailer for this game, I remembered hearing good things about Infamous 2 and that it was an improvement over the first. So I gave the second one a try because it was free on PS Plus and found that it was more of the same and stopped playing after about 4 hours.

Those experiences with the first two put a major damper on my expectations for Second Son but I am happy to say that Sucker Punch really knocked this one out of the park. My biggest gripes with the first two games actually became some of my favorite parts of this game. In the first game I would sometimes avoid enemies because of how ineffective my arsenal was to take them on. In this game I go out of my way to pick fights with stray DUP agents just to practice my tricks.

The best part of the game is how deep and rewarding the different powers are (I won't spoil them here because if you don't know, it's fun to be surprised). Each power plays very differently, you have your basic melee and ranged attacks (which are actually quite varied), but beyond that the powers are very different and offer different advantages depending on the situation. You might enter a fight with one power but switch in the middle once you realize another power will be more advantageous. Every power has some variation of a dash move and the implementation of this couldn't be better. I've never had so much fun just running from one place to another; so much so that I rarely used fast travel points.

The graphics in this game are stunning and make it reeeally hard to go back and play anything I missed on PS3. I highly recommend having photo mode on all the time because freezing the action and taking a peek around is very addicting. I've beaten the game on good karma and I'm not sure I'll be able to resist jumping right back in and playing the game through on the evil storyline.

Which brings me to yet another improvement of this game over the others. The karma system is much more than just the big choices you make and the little side missions. Now it can come down to how you attack an enemy and in which way you decide to stop them. The big choices have also been taken up a notch because the bad karma choices are really evil this time around. It'll be very interesting to see how those choices play out.

Overall, I cannot recommend this game enough. It's by far the best game I've played on the PS4 and probably the best game I've played this year.

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
Price: $30.16
236 used & new from $17.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Progression for the Killzone Franchise, April 14, 2014
I love this game for the more personal and intimate story and the progression of the Killzone gameplay away from squad-based warfare. The storyline is much more politically charged this go around and really helps a (somewhat) tired franchise really feel fresh. You also have a lot of freedom in how to approach most missions, especially in how you use the OWL.

The real winner here though is the DS4 with its center touchpad and using it to control the OWL. Anyone who made the decision to buy a PS4 instead of an Xbox One can just sit back and chuckle after playing this game because you couldn't even use the Xbox One controller to play this game. Sony chose to actually advance gameplay instead of their media partnerships, but that'll conclude my soap box session. Seriously though, the OWL is awesome and so much fun to use in different ways.

The game is also gorgeous to behold. The first main mission in the woods overlooking the city is so much fun to plod around in and look at and the first stroll in Vekta City is one of the more memorable moments I've had in a game due to the sheer visual splendor.

This is one of the best games for PS4 right now and I'm not sure why anyone would skip it if they own one.

Killzone Mercenary
Killzone Mercenary
Offered by Happy Ranger (No Tax)
Price: $33.95
60 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you own a Vita, you must play this game!, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Killzone Mercenary (Video Game)
I'll start off by saying that I'm not an FPS junkie, so it really takes a lot for one to impress me. I'm beyond impressed with this game. When you enter the precise aiming mode and can literally move the vita to lock on your target before pulling the trigger, it makes you sad to go back to your PS3 and PS4 and not be able to get that immersed.

The story is very interesting for the Killzone series, of which I'm a moderate fan, and playing both sides of the conflict is fun. Gameplay is where this game really shines though, and the graphics are by far the best I've seen on the Vita. Other than facial animations still being somewhat limited this game is really stellar.

Replay value is very high because there are multiple ways to approach many missions. The multiplayer is also fantastic and the shared market that exists between the single and multiplayer is so cool. Any valor (money) you earn in either can be used to buy gear that can be used in both.

This was the best game that I played on the Vita before I played Tearaway, so highly recommended!

Magic: the Gathering - Slaughter Games (197) - Return to Ravnica
Magic: the Gathering - Slaughter Games (197) - Return to Ravnica
Offered by cardadvantage
Price: $0.50
113 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best card if you're familiar with the deck your opponent is playing, January 31, 2014
This is 100% guaranteed to drop the jaw of whoever you're playing against. Almost unfair and might get you punched :)

Tearaway
Tearaway
Price: $34.12
65 used & new from $16.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 5 Star Review for a Wonderful Game, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Tearaway (Video Game)
This game is literally for everyone, kids to adults. The game is fun and challenging (but fair) and oozes charm with it's paper world. It requires more player creativity than any game I've played, even more than LBP. Kids will love the colorful world and characters and the accessible gameplay. Adults will love just how many ways you interact with this game, you literally could not play this game on any other system. It makes other video games seem less interactive by comparison.

Lastly, this game knows it's a game and knows you're playing it. It really explores the idea of how you and the character you control are connected in a way that's almost profound. Killzone Mercenary was the best game I played on Vita until I played this game.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - PlayStation Vita
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - PlayStation Vita
Price: Click here to see our price
40 used & new from $15.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good Batman game, great Vita game!, October 28, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I contemplated giving this review 4 stars just to lower expectations a little bit, but the truth is I played this game probably 6 hours this weekend after opening it when I got home on Friday. This is a MUST-OWN for any Vita owner. If you liked the Scarecrow levels in Arkham Asylum then this game is for you, because it works in a very similar way except that you guide your experience much more than you could in the Scarecrow levels.

What impresses me the most about this game is the way Armature transformed the side-scroller and gave it so much depth. There are a lot of "Wow, I can do this too??" moments throughout the game as the gameplay gets deeper and deeper. The combat is great as you would expect from the Arkham series. Maybe not as silky smooth as the PS3 version but not far off.

The story is good so far (like I said, I'm just 6 hours in) and the motion comic cutscenes are really charming.

The only gripe I could possibly throw out is that this game was obviously made to run on both the 3DS and the Vita, which can only hurt the Vita version. You hardly ever use the right stick (because the 3DS doesn't have one) and the touchscreen implementation is sometimes not used when you would expect it like on the map (because the 3DS uses capacitive touch and pinching to zoom in and out on that would be problematic).

So outside of the Vita being a far superior system than the only other one that this game was released on, I love this game. I really think the Vita has the chops to run a game like Arkham Asylum but I'm grateful this game exists and I've had a lot of fun playing it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 10:54 AM PST

32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
Price: $69.01
31 used & new from $56.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but worth it if you own a Vita, May 16, 2013
If you plan to download games at all (which I would recommend because it's awesome to be able to switch between games without switching out cards) or if you have Playstation Plus, this is a must because you won't have to worry about the memory at all. It's frustrating that Sony didn't just go with MicroSD cards but they felt more secure with a card they could control like this. Either way, I love my Vita and this card makes memory worry-free for me.

Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto
Price: $9.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Producer Brian Eno featuring Chris Martin and Coldplay Occasionally, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Mylo Xyloto (MP3 Music)
The title says it all, when I listen to Coldplay (a band) I want to hear the instruments being played by the band. Not some beats from 2010 and prior with Chris Martin singing over it. Easily their weakest album to date and a major disappointment after the great Viva La Vida album and Prospekt's March EP. Those albums were a return to form after the departure that was X&Y. I would gladly have them return to X&Y over the music on this cd. If Chris Martin desired to make a solo album that was a departure from the Coldplay sound, I would imagine it would sound something like this. But for Coldplay to release this as Coldplay is disappointing and hurts their brand in my opinion.

HTC Silicone Smerge Case for HTC EVO 3D - Retail Packaging - Graphite Gray
HTC Silicone Smerge Case for HTC EVO 3D - Retail Packaging - Graphite Gray
Offered by ShimonTech
Price: $6.71
3 used & new from $2.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit, May 4, 2012
My wife is very satisfied with this case, it offers ample protection without much additional bulk which was her main concern. She dropped it twice this past weekend on asphalt and the phone held up in the case just fine. Fits well since it's made by HTC.

Hank Green's 2D-Glasses: Turns 3D movies back to 2D
Hank Green's 2D-Glasses: Turns 3D movies back to 2D
Offered by 2D-Glasses
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, January 5, 2012
I have only tested these glasses out once but it completely canceled the 3D effect. I could not tell that two images were being projected onto the theater screen.

Page: 1 | 2