Profile for K.P. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K.P. RSS Feed (Rawlins, WY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Oster 4917 6-Cup Plastic Square Accessory Jar
Oster 4917 6-Cup Plastic Square Accessory Jar
Offered by Buy-it-now-store
Price: $13.92
9 used & new from $10.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, June 23, 2013
This is a cheap knockoff that's of terrible quality. It's single wall, not double wall, so no ice chipping in it. The lid that came with it didn't fit, even though it came as a unit. I can buy a whole new Oster blender for what I paid for this replacement jar. I'd send it back, but it costs half again as much as I bought the replacement jar for. I liked the blender I had, which is why I was investing for a new replacement jar. I paid $20+ for the jar, to return it cheapest way is $9.90. I'm out $20 now, so time to cut my losses. Very disappointed.

Medline MSCPRC31816 Gel Foam Pressure Redistribution Cushions, 18X16X
Medline MSCPRC31816 Gel Foam Pressure Redistribution Cushions, 18X16X
Offered by Medi Hub USA
Price: $32.99
12 used & new from $26.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Not comfortable for arthritic hips, June 5, 2013
This doesn't have memory foam, at all. It has high density foam. It contains some kind of gel beads for the insert, similar to what you'd find in a waveless water bed, but not as comfortable. It felt hard and uncomfortable for my hip, and I was actually more comfortable without it.

Rheumatoid arthritis can make even the skin hurt, and even the slightest pressure can be excruciating, so keep this in mind if you're getting this cushion. It might work just fine for a typically sore bottom, but not an arthritic one.

One Hour Rings
One Hour Rings
by Helen I. Driggs
Edition: DVD
9 used & new from $17.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for newbies, June 5, 2013
This review is from: One Hour Rings (DVD)
If you're new to metalsmithing, you'll find this to be an excellent video. I was hoping for more advanced methods, but then it probably would take you more than an hour to do.

Helen Driggs is easy to understand, the video layout is very good, the instruction is thorough. If you're a noob, this is a great video for learning the basics of band ring making.

Gardeneer By Dalen DX-7 Deer-X Protective Netting 7' x 100'
Gardeneer By Dalen DX-7 Deer-X Protective Netting 7' x 100'
Price: $20.25
6 used & new from $20.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good with some limitations, March 1, 2013
I wouldn't count on this netting used as fencing. It won't prevent deer from forcing their way through. If you have elk, not only can they force their way through, but they can easily jump over 7 ft. However, if you use it as a drape, pinned down with some U pins into the ground, it works well.

The deer will try to eat their way through the netting, but it's tough enough they can't get through it, or maybe they don't like the feel of it. I've seen masticated areas, but they didn't destroy the netting, and they moved on. It prevents rabbits from chewing on the plants too. It doesn't prevent mice or chipmunks from getting in. Birds can't get through to peck fruits, but butterflies, bees and other pollinating insects can.

I've only used this on garden plants. I'm certain it won't prevent antler rubbing on trees, so rely on other fencing methods for that.

General Pencil Company The Masters Hand Soap 1.5 Oz.
General Pencil Company The Masters Hand Soap 1.5 Oz.
Offered by -Supermart
Price: $4.60
11 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to remove greasy grime, March 1, 2013
I polish a lot of jewelry on a big bench polisher with lots of greasy compounds. My hands will look as bad as any mechanics. You have to wash your hands between various compounds to prevent cross-contamination, so my hands can get pretty abused.

This soap and a soft nylon bristle brush is all I need to get squeaky clean hands--and it doesn't dry my hands out. It's a great product and will make a nice gift for anyone who gets greasy hands or anyone who paints anything. Great for removing alkalyd oil paints too.

Miracle Sealants GRT SLR 6-Ounce Grout Sealer, 6-Ounce
Miracle Sealants GRT SLR 6-Ounce Grout Sealer, 6-Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Best grout sealer I've found, March 1, 2013
Our entire house has tile floors, and I've tried lots of different brands through the years, but this one was the clear winner. It bonds the grout particles very well. Two coats are necessary for good water repelling, and to ensure you haven't missed any areas. It dries to a matte finish.

I've never had a problem with any of the grout joints where I've used this brand, but I can't say the same for any of the other four brands I used over the course of laying tile.

If you only want to do it once, this is the brand to get. And no, I'm not affiliated with the company, just a picky consumer that's impressed.

Panasonic Lens Adapter
Panasonic Lens Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic Lens Adapter (Camera)
Made of metal, with a matte black finish and it's well made. It allowed for complete projection of my lens barrel when fully extended to the telephoto setting on my camera. The matte black finish is nice because it cuts down on unwanted reflections when doing macro photography of shiny objects. Sometimes I use additional close-up lenses, filters or a macro lens, and I've had no problem with any of the screw-on fittings.

Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Magazine 2007 Collection CD: All 12 Issues of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Magazine Exactly As Issued in 2007
by Lapidary Journal
Edition: Audio CD
3 used & new from $19.48

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT "exactly as issued", January 13, 2013
After throwing away several years' issues of my magazines, because after all, I had them on CD now, I discovered that not all of the projects are on the CDs. They cherry pick several articles out of each issue and sell them as electronic downloads.

I put my trust in LJ, not only subscribing to the magazine, but also buying the CDs so I can save space, only to get a swift kick. Not happy with the misleading statement, LJ.

Otherwise, I like the convenience of having the electronic format.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 3:46 PM PDT

Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Magazine 2006 Collection CD: All 12 Issues of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Magazine Exactly As Issued in 2006
by Lapidary Journal Jewlery Artist Magazine
Edition: CD-ROM
2 used & new from $29.48

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT "exactly as issued", January 13, 2013

Otherwise, I like the convenience of having the electronic format.

GMYLE(TM) Aqua Blue Leather Carrying Slim Perfect Fit Flip Folio Portfolio Book Style Case Cover Stand for the Nook Color & Nook Tablet 7 inch Android

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad loose for a Nook Color, October 16, 2012
I have the same problem another viewer has about the landscape mode, that the cover is too loose and allows the Nook to slip around sloppily in both landscape and portrait mode. As well, the inside of the cover hasn't stayed smooth, but is delaminating and getting a lot of wrinkles in it. I've had it less than a month.

I've managed to tighten up the excess space in the cover so it doesn't slip out of place so much, and I don't have to keep pushing it straight while I'm reading so I have to either hold the Nook in place or hold my head cock-eyed to read. I did it by folding up a piece of paper and shoving it into the cover part, behind the Nook, but I don't know how long that fix will work.

The magnetic closure is nice. I like the ability to flip the cover over the screen to close it and don't have to fiddle with an elastic band. The easel part is nice, because I can use it to watch technical videos that I have, without having to hold it, and it's at a good angle for viewing.

It would have been nicer if they had spent a little more to make a nicer product, and I would have spent a few more dollars for a higher quality product. For the price, it's okay.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7