Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for jpinksta > Reviews

Browse

jpinksta's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jpinksta RSS Feed (Chicago)

The Leadership Brain For Dummies
The Leadership Brain For Dummies
Price: $19.80
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing information on the brain!, April 16, 2010
I've read a lot of books on the brain, but I hadn't seen one attached to leadership. I found the information reinforced some of what I know about leadership, but with the "why" -- knowing how it's all attached to the way people think and the way their brains work -- made it much more meaningful. I now understand what it takes to make trainings stick and why so much professional development is a waste of time. I can reach customers and coworkers on a different level as long as I keep the brain in mind. I am following what Sprenger says, and I already see positive changes in my life.

Brain-Based Teaching in the Digital Age
Brain-Based Teaching in the Digital Age
Price: $22.52
49 used & new from $5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me teach my students!, April 15, 2010
This is a fun and interesting book. The information about the brain changes of my students helps me understand how to reach and teach them. The brain-based strategies are both low tech and high tech, so I can meet the needs of all of the kids in my classroom. There are a lot of brain based teaching books available, but this one brings you into the twenty-first century. I now offer students more choice and have included more technology options.

The Developing Brain: Birth to Age Eight
The Developing Brain: Birth to Age Eight
Price: $20.03
58 used & new from $8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, April 15, 2010
I have used this for my students and my own children. I like the child development checklists for each age group, and I've used the brain based strategies. The book has helped me differentiate instruction and follow my students' progress. It's a great resource.