Profile for amazonbuyer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 456

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

amazonbuyer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Touch Typing in 1 Lesson
Touch Typing in 1 Lesson
by Almena King
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars I do like the program, January 23, 2015
Just stick with the free amazon prime lessons. There is nothing new in here. I thought it would include the additional keys that weren't covered in the video, but it did not. I do like the program, but it is not extensive. We will continue to use it for the basics.

Snark SN6 Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Snark SN6 Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Price: $7.99
34 used & new from $6.85

3.0 out of 5 stars We went with a fender version and are much happier with the sound of the ukelele and so far ..., January 23, 2015
This didn't work for very long and the tone wasn't pleasing with the snark. We went with a fender version and are much happier with the sound of the ukelele and so far it is still working for us.

Stagg UKS10-BAG Nylon Gigbag for Soprano Ukulele
Stagg UKS10-BAG Nylon Gigbag for Soprano Ukulele
Price: $18.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect option for a first time ukulele, January 23, 2015
Perfect option for a first time ukulele. This has just enough padding to protect it within the home. It is not necessarily for putting in the overhead compartment of planes, for that type of travel you might want to purchase a higher end hardshell case.

ShowerMade Shower Tote - The Strongest Quick Dry Bag for all your Washroom Accessories - Perfect Hanging Caddy for College, Dorm or Gym - Portable so great for Camping and Travelling - Heavy Duty Coated Mesh Basket- No Metal so Rustproof - Ideal Bath Toy Net and Storage Organiser
Offered by Elite Choice U.S.A.
Price: $16.87

5.0 out of 5 stars This is perfect for our purposes, January 23, 2015
This is perfect for our purposes. With an entire family sharing one bathroom we needed a way to organize everyone's toiletries. I found a lot of options for the girls and settled on Vera Bradley. We had a harder time finding a tote that was practical and durable for the boys, but not cute. This was the best option and the price was incredible. We are very happy with this. It will probably last through four years of college also!

Foster Grant Wes Men's Multifocus Glasses, Gunmetal, 1.5
Foster Grant Wes Men's Multifocus Glasses, Gunmetal, 1.5
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars At the same time they don't pinch over my ears like the old pair either, January 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are a little heavier than my previous pair. At the same time they don't pinch over my ears like the old pair either. They do exactly what they were designed to do and look fairly stylish. They are great 1) if you spend a lot of time going back and forth between documents and the computer and 2) if you (like me) haven't found a set of the newer contacts that work for these functions. I've been through 3 sets, but none worked. So I'll be sticking with these for a while.

Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup, Green/Blue, 7 Ounce, 2 Count
Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup, Green/Blue, 7 Ounce, 2 Count
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend alternating machine washing with hand washing, January 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably the most pratical "sippy" cup innovation since the "Tommee Tippee" version.

Basic Information:
-Munchkin has two versions, this one is the slower flow version for the little ones who are handling a cup for the first time.
-It is made for the Canadian company in China.
-As stated in the informational section, it is BPA free; but the packaging and informational slip inside the cup gives no further information regarding the manufacturing materials.
-You can wash this in the dishwasher on the top shelf, but from personal experience with other such products, I recommend alternating machine washing with hand washing, just to preserve the life of the softer materials, especially if you don't have a closed basket to keep the soft pieces secure
-Other cautions given by Munchkin: don't use this cup with carbonated or pulpy juices and don't allow your little one to play with or chew on the "valve" (the entire insertable piece).

Overall review:

These cups are rather expensive but they are quite practical for teaching children to use a regular cup. There still will be an adjustment period, because when you tip a regular cup beyond a certain angle, you get a face full of water. No sippy cup is going to be perfect.

I can see there being a problem when the little ones reach teething age, because they just naturally bite down on everything and teething often coincides with the age at which the little ones start drinking from a regular cup (3-12 months is the teething range and most babies start drinking from a cup around 6 months). So if your little one is really biting down on everything, this cup might not be the best option if they are not closely observed while using the cup. The upside is this: most mom's do not leave an infant unsupervised while eating or drinking.

Benzac Complete Acne Solution Regimen Kit, 7.5 Ounce
Benzac Complete Acne Solution Regimen Kit, 7.5 Ounce
Price: $34.29

4.0 out of 5 stars The product is very good quality. I love the foam wash because it ..., January 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son has been using this product for about two weeks now and we have not seen a significant change in his skin condition (mild acne). In the chin area, we are actually seeing new breakouts.

I am giving the product a 4 instead of a 3 star rating because it has been our experience that different products work for different people and sometimes the produce starts being more effective after a longer time frame. If we seen any difference by the end of four weeks I will adjust the review.

The product is very good quality. I love the foam wash because it encourages my son to use it. Still, we've not seen an improvement.

Avery Big Tab Pocket Insert able Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07712)
Avery Big Tab Pocket Insert able Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07712)
Price: $8.66
7 used & new from $3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars I have loved receiving the Avery pocket folders in every variation because ..., January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use a lot of pocket folders on a regular basis for various needs. I have loved receiving the Avery pocket folders in every variation because they truly have 5 distinct colors and have so many large tab options. The minute I get them, I start putting them to use.

They are also very sturdy and as a consequence reusable.

I love this specific iteration because of the fun designs. These would be better suited for students and casual use as opposed to typical business presentations. They fit my needs perfectly and will get many years of use.

Avery Durable Write-On Plastic Dividers with Expandable Pockets, 5-Tabs, 1 Set (16183)
Price: $6.60
21 used & new from $3.90

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like the concept of the expandable pocket folder dividers and ..., January 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like the concept of the expandable pocket folder dividers and I will use these. I'm just not so sure about how durable they will be over time. The weak link is the top of the pocket. In order to allow for the expandability, the material of the top of the pocket seems a little flimsy. If they last and endure the beating I give them, I will come back and correct this review.

I do love the fact that I can just write on the tabs, and if I want to change the wording on the tab, I'll remove the ink with nail polish remover.

Black & Decker BL4000R XL Blast Party Blender
Black & Decker BL4000R XL Blast Party Blender
Price: $64.87
2 used & new from $61.63

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty certain it will dissipate over time, January 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I haven't had a blender in years, but I have been looking for one. Even the top and most expensive blenders seemed to have issues that made me question if I should purchase one.

When I had the opportunity to give this model a test run without paying for it, I decided to give it a try.

I tried it this morning with a yogurt smoothie. I followed the instructions regarding what order to add the ingredients (liquids first then frozen solids and ice). The blades did stick a bit but I did not follow the instructions to let the frozen items sit out for about 15 minutes. Next time I'll try that and see if there is any difference. It wasn't a huge problem: I just took a spoon and separated joined chunks of fruit and then mixed things up a bit before restarting.

I don't know what the life of the item will be as two important parts are made of a plastic type material. I'm including pictures below. The plastic on the bottom of the pitcher is a little softer and has a slight "give" and the plastic slot on the base is a hard material.

The blades worked very well. I used a frozen berry mixture of cranberries, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. All were blended to a pulp...of course the seed of the raspberries and cranberries were detectable, although definitely broken down.

The soft plastic in the cover had a very strong smell even after washing in cold water. I'm pretty certain it will dissipate over time.

The cap can be a little hard to align at first and does need to be pushed down firmly to get a good deal once it is in its proper position.

All in all this is a solid little blender and from what I can tell in this short period of time, priced fairly. If I have any troubles within two years, I will report them. After that the warranty is up, so I figure that is the expected lifetime of the motor and parts with regular use.
Comment Comment | Permalink