Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "shuste73" RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Powerwasher 80006 Universal Pressure Washer Garden Hose Quick-Connect Kit
Powerwasher 80006 Universal Pressure Washer Garden Hose Quick-Connect Kit
Price: $12.50
5 used & new from $7.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Sun Joe, March 18, 2015
Doesn't work on the Sun Joe. The Sun Joe needs a female to female fitting. Indeed, it COMES WITH a plastic female to female fitting. My hose is male and the hose attachment is male on the unit. This attachment is NOT what you need. The piece with the black in the middle, one threaded side and one slotted side, it seals up fine. The piece that is all brass leaks like a sieve when inserted into the quick release connector and does NOT provide a female to female connection.

I did get the plastic female to female connector that came with the Sun Joe to stop leaking by tightening it with a set of channel lock pliers. Hand-tight is just too loose at this pressure.

Monster: A Short Story
Monster: A Short Story

3.0 out of 5 stars Unoriginal story with mediocre writing, February 1, 2015
I got this as a freebie. The story plays on the metaphor of what it means to be a monster, pretty much exactly like The Ugly American did back in the 60s. Minus one star for lack of originality. Yeah, yeah, politicians are monsters, I get it.

The story itself was interesting but it had a lot of holes in the plot. For example, it's the future but there's no solar power?

The writing was the biggest problem here. Minus one more star. I found myself skimming over useless details. The author just states a lot of things vs. letting me build up the imagery in my mind, which really detracted from the story. For example, he just flatly stated that the psychiatrist was old. While direct and simple are good things, the writing here was flat and uninspiring.

There was a terribly long setup for such a short story. I would have liked the story to start at the first house exploding and simply hinted at the prologue information throughout the story, or played out through the memory drugs, or some other way than just dumping it all out in an extended introduction.

Black License Plate Tag Frame with 6.0L L76 Red Black Engine Emblem Badge Nameplate Aluminum for GM General Motors GM General Motors Pontiac G8 GT GXP V8 Vortec Holden VE Commodore Holden WL WM Statesman/Caprice VE Ute
Offered by Empire Racing Parts
Price: $16.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Fades quickly, August 11, 2014
Same as other reviewer, the red faded. It's been 1 year and the red is almost entirely gone. I bought 2 so I can use the other one, but wouldn't buy again.

EZ Caps Wine and Beer Making Kit
EZ Caps Wine and Beer Making Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest way to make your own cider, April 3, 2014
This review is from: EZ Caps Wine and Beer Making Kit
I was going to go with the route of big 5 gallon jugs, p-trap bubblers, etc, to make my own cider, but that proved to be difficult. My friend was using these so I bought some a couple of years ago (for $12 - seems the price has gone up a bit) and I now make lots of cider from cheap apple juice and "purple drank" from cheap cran-raspberry.

My friend puts them in growlers when they're done (with the rubber stopper held down by the metal lever), and it holds a lot of pressure and gets even bubblier than in the 2-liter bottle.

One tip: don't rinse them out every time! I reuse the bottles with the sediment in the bottom - it's just dormant yeast. So put a little juice back in there, shake it up, and just add your sugar and juice like normal, but with no more yeast. Doing it this way makes that little bottle of yeast last a LOOONG time. I'll make 3 or 4 bottles this way and then clean/sterilize the bottles and go with a fresh batch of yeast.

I even went to a local shop (Wh0le F00ds) and got some Hefeweisen yeast, which was recommended for cider, and it turned out great!

On The Go Paleo Hot Cereal Gluten & Grain Free Unsweetened -- 15.8 oz
On The Go Paleo Hot Cereal Gluten & Grain Free Unsweetened -- 15.8 oz
Offered by Wild Mountain Paleo Market
Price: $17.95
2 used & new from $14.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for grain-free breakfast, April 1, 2014
My wife was looking for a grain-free, fruit-free, unsweetened breakfast. I didn't find anything at Nugget or Whole Foods, so I took a chance on Amazon and bought this. She loves it! Will be ordering more. She heats it up and then adds almond milk.

Sunbeam 756-500 Heating Pad with UltraHeatTechnology
Sunbeam 756-500 Heating Pad with UltraHeatTechnology
Offered by Grady's Online
Price: $11.99
28 used & new from $11.45

4.0 out of 5 stars STAYS ON, April 1, 2014
My wife went through probably 3 heating pads that supposedly stayed on. Nope. I checked the reviews here for this heating pad, several people confirmed it does stay on, and I came here to add to the confirmations.

Dewalt DPG55-2C Dual Comfort Smoke High Performance Protective Safety Glasses with Dual-Injected Rubber Frame and Temples
Offered by California Tools
Price: $7.90
10 used & new from $6.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Use them as motorcycle glasses, April 1, 2014
I wear a full-face helmet and was tired of swapping the tinted visor for the clear visor. I had some cheap Wally World sunglasses that were a little bulky and just weren't lasting long.

I also wanted shatter-resistant and UV-coated sunglasses to wear. i searched for motorcycle glasses but only came up with glasses that were not meant to be worn inside a helmet.

These work great - they're light, meet my shatter-resistant and UV-coated requirements, and the lenses tilt up and down (well, the arms tilt but it's the same effect). Light and easy to wear in my helmet, I often forget I'm wearing them. For the price, I am extremely happy.

Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure
Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure
by Stern, Jordan
Price: $18.32
54 used & new from $12.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Made my symptoms WORSE, April 1, 2014
I tried the low acid induction diet outlined here (religiously) for 3 weeks, and my voice is more hoarse than ever before, I feel bloated and gassier than ever, and overall this just didn't work for me.

Furthermore, all of the scientific data is available online mostly on her website. The recipes are very high in sugar and carbohydrates, and I'm trying to avoid excess sugar due to family history of diabetes and obesity. I'm sure they taste fine, but I didn't try any of them. Starchy carbs, added honey, agave nectar, and other sugars shouldn't be part of healthy diet recommendations in 2014.

She also highlights that fatty foods cause reflux, but a quick visit to Google Scholar will show you that this isn't scientifically supported (in fact, quite the opposite), and neither is reflux caused by many of the things she claims (spicy foods, et al).

AND there's more and more research that shows that saturated fats are NOT the devils they were once thought, yet she repeats this mantra throughout the book. There was a very recent, large meta study done that shows no link between sat fats and heart disease (published in the New York Times).

The author is woefully behind the times.

She does admit that there's not a lot of studies to back her up, so I'll give her a star for that. And the data on pepsin is interesting to read, though it's still not completely proven, so I gave another star for that.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2014 8:48 AM PST

EnjoyGadgets EGHS3SS 3-In 1-Out 1080p Auto-Switching 3-Port HDMI Switcher Selector with Support 3D and HD Audio
Price: $18.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need but would try something else next time, February 14, 2014
This does switch HDMI. However, it sometimes doesn't want to go to my main desktop, it switches right past it! Also, it will sometimes just default back to an unused port when and I have to manually click it every time my computer comes back from standby.

It's a bit annoying but it works and keeps me from having three big monitors. I would try a different product next time.

3M PF14.0W9 Privacy Filter for Widescreen Laptop 14.0 inches
3M PF14.0W9 Privacy Filter for Widescreen Laptop 14.0 inches
Offered by CDWorld
Price: Click here to see our price
75 used & new from $17.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Thinkpad Carbon X1, February 14, 2014
I use this on my Thinkpad Carbon X1 and it fits perfectly. I hadn't used the invisible sticky things before, but they were a cinch. Also, you DO still have touchscreen capability through this screen protector! That's an important feature of this laptop so I'm glad it was preserved.

Otherwise works just like any other privacy filter I've had.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5