Profile for Jayla > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jayla RSS Feed

Movate Black Soap Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E
Movate Black Soap Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E
Offered by BeautyOnline
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the cleansing power!, November 30, 2013
I purchased this soap on a work trip in Freeport, Bahamas. A couple of co-workers and I were at the grocery store buying supplies (hand soap, etc) when I noticed this on the shelf. I've heard of black soap but never tried it before. Since this particular brand was nearly sold out, I bought a couple of bars to try. Possibly the glycerine base, but I could feel the extreme cleansing quality of the soap. I tried it on my face, and followed up with my usual toner and moisturizing lotion. Usually, I pick up dirt on my cotton ball when applying toner after washing my face with cleanser. There was no dirt after using this soap! It did feel a little drying to my face, but nice moisturizing quality to the rest of my body. I've been using this with my loofah to lessen the appearance of a recent surgical scar. So far, I like the soap and want to find it to use long term to properly assess the toning qualities. Wish I had bought more when I had the chance!

Invisible (An Ivy Malone Mystery Book #1): A Novel
Invisible (An Ivy Malone Mystery Book #1): A Novel
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story!, September 19, 2013
Wow, this was a fun read! I loved the twists and turns. The personality and thought-process of Ivy had me cracking up laughing. It was a creative story that kept my attention, but wasn't bogged down in unnecessary details. When the mystery tied together, I was surprised and never would have guessed the outcome. I have just added all of the other Ivy mysteries to my wish list.

Living Clutter-Free with Kids in the House
Living Clutter-Free with Kids in the House
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Tips!, September 19, 2013
Living with our four children has proven to be a bit of a challenge at times because everyone seems to march to their own beat when it comes to caring for our home. When I got this book for my Kindle, I was hoping for some ideas to help us, and that is exactly what I got with this book! It was short and concise enough to read during a couple of business trip flights I had recently. I highlighted several tips that I had not thought of before. My children are a little older (12,12,13 and 17) than those of the author, but it inspired a few creative ideas that my husband and I have started implementing in our quest for a clutter-free home. Plenty of helpful hints for all ages. Thank you!

Kaleidoscope Dream
Kaleidoscope Dream
Price: $11.88
71 used & new from $4.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Kaleidoscope Dream (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD because of an Amazon Local deal, and I am glad that I did! I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like the CD. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Miguel has a different sound... almost as if the music is playing on an offbeat, but he pulls it off. It's very sensual, and I can listen to it over and over. The only thing that I don't care for is track 10 (too crude for my sensitive ears). Otherwise, very nice CD!

TurboFire DVD Workout
TurboFire DVD Workout

5.0 out of 5 stars Commit to it! It WORKS!!, December 11, 2011
This review is from: TurboFire DVD Workout (Sports)
I was a little nervous when starting this workout series because I've never fully committed to anything or stuck with it long enough to see it work. That's the impatience in me I guess. I chose TurboFire over P90X. After 10 weeks, I have lost 20 pounds which is just about half of my goal! The key is finding something you enjoy doing, and I have found it with Turbo Fire. I've even taken a couple of the DVD's with me while out of town on business. The cool thing is Chalean is right, even when you are not working out, your metabolism is kicked up a notch. I've missed a few days and still registered weight loss on the scale. I have more energy and this has inspired me to stick with my weight loss efforts in a way that I never have before. The music is fun and energetic. For those that have commented on keeping up with the moves, the most important thing is to keep moving. Who cares if you miss a step or punch here and there as long as you're moving? I love this series and have recommended it to co-workers, family and friends. I tend to get bored very easily, but the number of DVD's adds variety that I have added with my new recent favorite activity of bike riding with my kids. For those of you who find that this workout is not for you, I encourage you to find something you enjoy. Anything will work as long as you are having fun while doing it! I rather enjoy punching and kicking away the stress of my day while shaking my butt a little, too. LOL! And as far as my eating habits, I have made an effort to cut down portion size but I don't believe in deprivation. In fact, I had pizza the other night for dinner. Instead of 3 or 4 slices, I had one slice and a salad. Didn't feel like I missed out on anything because I didn't! I'm looking forward to adding my XBOX Kinect that Santa picked up during Black Friday to my workout schedule. Best of luck to all of you!

7...
7...
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint Condition... Forever!!, April 16, 2011
This review is from: 7... (MP3 Music)
I am a huge Mint Condition fan since the very first CD, Meant to be Mint (which I still listen to). Like another reviewer, I saw them in Dallas a few weeks ago and could not wait to get the album based on the songs previewed at the show. I am not disappointed! It amazes me how this band has continued to make original live music, influenced by various music genres. My favorite tracks include Mind Slicker, Can't Get Away, Unsung, and of course MC delivered another beautiful ballad in Caught My Eye. I also love the track, Not My Daddy featuring Kelly Price, another amazing talent. Thank you MC for continuing to evolve and deliver the music I love. I am a fan FOREVER!! Side note: If you haven't seen a live MC performance, their energy and showmanship is incredible!

Shoes Page-A-Day Gallery Calendar 2011
Shoes Page-A-Day Gallery Calendar 2011
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar
19 used & new from $2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for January 2011!, December 1, 2010
This is by far the best calendar I have ever had! The shoes are beautiful. Although I would not dare to walk in some of them, they are fun to look at! Can't wait for January to put it on my desk. I also bought the Handbags calendar, one for work and one for my home office. I hope to collect these every year from now on.

Handbags Page-A-Day Gallery Calendar 2011
Handbags Page-A-Day Gallery Calendar 2011
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar
14 used & new from $11.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Too cute!!, December 1, 2010
I couldn't wait to get this calendar after seeing a co-worker's calendar for 2010. I can't wait for 2011 to start using it. The handbags range from cute to wild! What a fun calendar!! It's perfectly sized for my desk. I also purchased the Shoes calendar.