Profile for Kathryn E. Etier > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 388

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kathryn E. Etier "Miss Bob" RSS Feed (Beautiful Maggie Valley)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Windex Blue 26 oz (Pack Of 2)
Windex Blue 26 oz (Pack Of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ya' got dirt? Get Windex., August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hate dirt. I hate dirt almost as much as I hate cleaning. I've used Windex in the past, but have been lured by cheaper imitations (like at the dollar store) that seemed to get everything clean enough. Now, you wouldn't know that this stuff wasn't giving you the clean you really want unless you use a superior product after using the cheapos. Well, Windex, I hope you're happy--you win. Okay, so it's true that you don't have to use as much as the cheap stuff and it is more effective. Yeah, your windows look lovely and you can actually see through them. No, the smell won't make you gag. Yeah, you can use it on a lot of different surfaces. So why did I only give you 4 stars, Windex? Because...cleaning. I hate it. And I hate losing and have to admit you've won me back after all these years. You are happy, aren't you?

Shout Advanced Action Gel Trigger 14 oz (Pack Of 3)
Shout Advanced Action Gel Trigger 14 oz (Pack Of 3)
Price: $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hit Man's Best Friend, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you've chosen professional assassin (like Claudia Barry) for a career, you have to expect to get some splatter on your clothing now and then. One solution might be to pick up some cheap clothing at a big box store or thrift store. But there will come a day when you can't change before going to work, and it will be just your luck that you've got a particularly messy job--and you're wearing your best outfit! Or maybe you've got a lucky bandanna that you must wear, and sometimes it gets a little something-or-other on it. Unfortunately, there's a lot of something-or-others that leave nasty stains. That's where Shout Advanced Action Laundry Gel Trigger comes in. It's as efficient as a .357 Magnum in taking out those ugly reminders of a job well done.

I decided to test this stuff with four items of clothing that looked pretty hopeless: a cotton knit dress that had a mystery stain, a pink t-shirt that got some catsup (I swear--it was catsup!) and something else unidentifiable on it, a rayon dress that was left outside for a couple of months (really, don't ask), and a white acetate/rayon blouse which nothing was going to work on because it had extensive two-month-old stains on it--cat blood and cat vomit (the cat's okay, thanks for asking). That blouse was neglected because I knew nothing was going to get the stains out, but I had just gotten it (sound logic, right?). I washed these items, using a store brand detergent, together with a few dog toys and towels I don't particularly like, and anxiously awaited the results.

The pink t-shirt, a cotton blend, came out beautifully. The cotton knit dress--no trace of the bedeviling stain, and the weather-worn dress has not a trace of yuck on it--not even a shadow of yuck. As for the white blouse, let's just say that's how Shout Advanced Action Laundry Gel Trigger earned its five stars. There is no evidence on the blouse that would even suggest that a cat had chosen to recuperate on it after a particularly nasty fight. I believed that the blouse wasn't even fit to be used as a rag (synthetics really aren't anyway), and now it looks new. And--I repeat--no evidence (very important consideration).

Shout Advanced Action Laundry Gel Trigger worked wonderfully on a variety of fabrics, both knit and woven, and I am delighted with the results. Although the manufacturer advises to let it soak in for 24 hours on particularly difficult stains (otherwise, 5 minutes), I washed this load of laundry two hours after application (See? I'm not just messy, but I don't follow directions either.) If I could give Shout Advanced Action Laundry Gel Trigger more stars, I would.

Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Action Pacs, 4x Concentrated, 110-Count
Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Action Pacs, 4x Concentrated, 110-Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective dishwasher detergent from Cascade, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For several years, we have been using another variety of Cascade Action Pacs in our dishwasher. We replaced our old dishwasher last year, and went for a higher tier model because the old machine wasn't getting the dishes clean (and it leaked). We noticed that a lot of the disappointing results we got from the old machine were repeated in the new one, including stuck-on food and dishes that weren't quite clean (what my mother called "clean dirt," but still unacceptable). I decided to try these 4X action packs to see if there was a difference, and, man!, there really is. I was surprised that the results from the same brand could differ so, and happy that they do. Glasses come out sparkling, which I didn't think was actually possible, and whatever the "extra action" in these pacs is, it is doing a great job getting my dishes clean. I've even stopped using an additive. We are definitely changing dishwasher detergents--same brand, different product.

Ziploc Twist N Loc Container Medium 2 ct. (Pack Of 3)
Ziploc Twist N Loc Container Medium 2 ct. (Pack Of 3)
Price: $10.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Quart-sized containers that STAY closed--GREAT!, August 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't expect the medium containers to hold an entire quart, and they're a life saver for me. Because of their tall design with a small footprint, they don't take up a lot of space in the fridge. I especially like them for messy leftovers like soup, chili, and stews because they close easily and stay closed, even when a major klutz like me drops them, which is guaranteed to happen a lot. There are a lot of cheaper brands available, and if you freeze food in them and drop them, they shatter. Not good. I haven't had that happen yet with the Ziploc containers. (And, yes, I am a total klutz and drop things all the time. I have to take this into consideration when purchasing items for our home.)

Ziploc Twist N Loc Container Small 3 ct (Pack Of 3)
Ziploc Twist N Loc Container Small 3 ct (Pack Of 3)
Price: $7.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for Klutzes, August 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got these Ziploc containers in both small and medium, and was surprised that the small actually holds a pint (2 cups). It is ideal for taking a salad lunch when you're on the go or at work, and it is also excellent for leftovers. I have a history with plastic containers--a tragic one of dropping them and having the lids pop off and the contents go flying all over. With the twist and lock lid, I can be as clumsy as I have to be (and that's pretty darn clumsy) and not waste food. They are also very convenient for packing my husband a leftovers lunch.

Iams Healthy Naturals Adult Chicken Plus Barley Recipe Premium Dog Dry Food, 12.5-Pound
Price: $18.97
7 used & new from $16.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs don't seem to know it's good for them..., July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Knowing that your dogs should eat better quality dog food and getting them to eat it are two very different things. While it's not easy to know why a dog will eat a particular food and not another--texture? taste? visual? scent?--I've found that if all four of our dogs will eat a particular food, there's got to be something they like about it. Our dogs range from extremely picky to I'll-eat-anything-even-birdhouses, yet they all seem satisfied with this choice of food. My only criterion for rating dog food is whether the dogs will eat it or not, because it doesn't really matter what I think of the stuff or the company that makes it. This variety of Iams Healthy Naturals is working well for us.

Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Premium Dog Nutrition Food, 15-Pound
Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Premium Dog Nutrition Food, 15-Pound
Offered by UNPLUGGED
Price: $16.66
11 used & new from $16.66

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not good for their health if they won't eat it., July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the idea of all the wonderful things in this IAMS adult weight dog food, but my four dogs are indifferent about the food itself. We have four dogs, ranging from Chihuahua to Pit Bull, and none of them were very enthusiastic about this dogfood. Since I don't know if it's the texture or the taste that doesn't appeal to them, I can't explain their lack of interest. However, the two dogs that like it least are the two who most need weight control. When our dogs leave food in their dishes, which is a rare thing indeed, we know they're not happy with what they are being fed. Sorry to say, but this dog food did not make them happy.

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX-A1-BK 7-Inch Tablet (Black)
ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX-A1-BK 7-Inch Tablet (Black)
Price: $149.00
50 used & new from $115.27

4.0 out of 5 stars When it comes to tablets, think big...but not too big., July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although I am satisfied with my ASUS MeMO Pad 8" tablet, I wanted to try the 7" to see if it would be more comfortable in my hands. I found that the 8" is a bit uncomfortable, and switching to the 7" offered little relief. For those with small hands, I would suggest sticking with a smart phone for comfort, although the phone lacks a lot of the features (such as a nice big screen) of the tablets.

That being said, the 7" offers the same features as the 8" ("same" meaning "usable by me"), and it is easy to use. If you hate manuals, you can easily skip hard copy instructions because the MeMo Pad is largely intuitive. I am in no way a "techie," but have no problem finding my way around this tablet. I use it for email, games, and--yes, it's true--more practical applications (including the ever-practical "Brightest Flashlight").

For those deciding between the 7" and the 8", I would advise going with the larger since there isn't that much of a difference in size, particular width, and you would get a bigger display. Would I recommend the ASUS MeMO Pad to friends? Absolutely.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 5:00 PM PDT

Bigfoot
Bigfoot
DVD
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars All the important elements for a great film--believable actors, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Bigfoot (Amazon Instant Video)
All the important elements for a great film--believable actors, a cohesive, well-written script, and high production values--yes, they were all missing from this film. If you want to see a wonderful bigfoot move, watch "Harry and the Hendersons." Although this bigfoot was reminiscent of Harry, his face was pretty horrible. Even the 8-year-old with whom I watched this film thought it was corny. Everything is formulaic and predictable, and--dare I say it--stupid. "Bigfoot" is so bad it was painful to watch, hence all the groaning at my house.

ASUS MeMO Pad 8 ME181C-A1-BK 8-Inch 1 GB Tablet (Black)
ASUS MeMO Pad 8 ME181C-A1-BK 8-Inch 1 GB Tablet (Black)
Price: $189.00
49 used & new from $175.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and fun, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am married to a dedicated Dell user, but do not share his enthusiasm for their products or customer service. Since I'd never used ASUS products, I was a bit concerned about ease of use. As it turns out, I had no reason to be concerned.

I am not a techie and all the tech specifications mean nothing to me. I want products that work well, are easy and fun to use, and are reliable. So far, so very, very good.

I tested this tablet in less than ideal conditions, on an 8-day trip, staying in three hotels. It made an excellent impression when I found I could take it out of the box and use it. I did not open the manual and I found set-up to be truly intuitive. Although not all my WiFi connections have been reliable, this tablet has been.

Having to go through ongoing hassles with a Dell tablet, I wasn't sure I even wanted to try another, but I am having fun with it and find that it satisfies my tablet needs. I would've given 5 stars, but the top of the case has a small crack in it although I've never dropped the tablet. Based on my experience so far, I would highly recommend the ASUS tablet, especially to casual users.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20