Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Desmond > Reviews

Browse

Desmond's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Desmond RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
VLC for Fire
VLC for Fire
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars DVD files on FireTV sd card are always freezing, May 5, 2016
This review is from: VLC for Fire (App)
I got this to backup dvds on a micro sd card, so that I can play movies for my kids on my FireTV without switching devices. DVD disk files (ISO, I think) freeze about every ten minutes--audio keeps going but picture freezes. Really annoying and disappointing. I don't know if it has to do with the FireTV hardware or possibly the sd card itself. I used the same exact brand/type of card in their kindle fires with VLC app and it doesn't freeze quite as often, though it does occasionally. I couldn't find an alternate app that plays these files.

Phenix Cashmere Women's Cashmere Knit Pop Top Mitten, Charcoal/Purple, One Size
Phenix Cashmere Women's Cashmere Knit Pop Top Mitten, Charcoal/Purple, One Size
Price: $75.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor construction. Buyer beware., February 1, 2016
The fabric on these is actually really nice. The density is good, and the wool/cashmere blend is soft and springy. However, the construction is very poor. The left thumb came loose and started to unravel the first day I wore these. Fortunately, I'm a somewhat experienced knitter, and I can fix them myself, but if you aren't, you might find yourself out of luck.

iPad Mini Retina Case, JETech® Gold 2 Serial Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display (2nd Generation) Slim-Fit Folio Smart Case Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature (Black)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $7.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily, May 19, 2015
It's not comfortable to hold, and it broke falling from the couch to the wood floor. I'm ordering something else.

Blisstime DIY Google Cardboard 3d Vr Virtual Reality 3d Glasses for Iphone Samsung HTC Cellphones 3-5 Inch Screen
Offered by Blisstime
Price: $18.50
2 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Velcro can tear cardboard if not careful opening., January 11, 2015
Works great. No instructions but pretty easy to figure out. I kind of wish I would have traced it onto a scrap piece of cardboard before assembling it. The only problem I've had is that the adhesive on the Velcro is apparently stronger than the cardboard itself, so one of the squares tore off with a layer of paper when I pulled it open. Easy to fix but be sure to pinch both sides tightly when unvelcroing.

Maldon Smoked Sea Salt, 4.4 Ounce
Maldon Smoked Sea Salt, 4.4 Ounce
Price: $5.09
19 used & new from $5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Best salt in the world., December 16, 2014
I am ruined by this salt. I can't go without it now.

Blue Buffalo Wilderness Adult Large Breed Chicken Formula - Grain Free 24 lb
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Adult Large Breed Chicken Formula - Grain Free 24 lb
Price: $47.99
19 used & new from $47.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It can't cure stupid, but it does almost everything else, December 16, 2014
Let me preface my comments by saying I have probably the dumbest dog in all of history. Don't get me wrong--he means well, but he is denser than a fruitcake. He is 12 years old and still just as cheerful and clumsy as any puppy. He was kind of starting to slow down and act like a grown up. But the last time I got him clipped pretty close at the groomer I noticed his skin was getting really flaky and his coat had really lost its glow. So I decided to switch his food. After switching to this food I honestly think I could take him to any dog park and convince pretty much anyone he was 3 years old. He's got more spring in his step and his skin is really looking a lot better.

I was really thinking that an 85 lb dog would be wearing out before he hit his teens, but I figure I've got at least another three years with this blockhead. So if you are like me and have a really stupid dog, be warned: if you start feeding him Blue Buffalo you will be stuck with him a lot longer. But at least he will look great.

Born Women's Cognac Bristol 8 B(M) US
Born Women's Cognac Bristol 8 B(M) US

5.0 out of 5 stars Born, ftw!, October 22, 2014
This review is from: Born Womens Bristol Oxford (Shoes)
One of my favorite pairs of shoes I ever owned was a pair of Borns. I've owned several pairs, but none of them quite as awesome as the very first pair of Borns I bought. Until now. They fit perfect right out of the box, and they look great. I am really looking forward to wearing them out, which will probably take years.

Pilot
Pilot
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 11, 2013
Very funny. I love the characters. the stop motion animation is great. Hope they get to make a whole season.

1 X EZ-Cup for Keurig Coffee Machines By Perfect Pod
1 X EZ-Cup for Keurig Coffee Machines By Perfect Pod
Offered by Ez Cup
Price: $9.99
23 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the alternatives, but..., February 2, 2012
I'm giving the EZ-Cup 3 starts, not because it makes a good cup of coffee, but because it makes a better cup of coffee than the other make-your-own Keurig filters. Ultimately, though, it still makes weaker coffee than a regular K-Cup. I have a bur grinder, and even when I set it to the finest level and pack in so much coffee that I can barely close the EZ-Cup, it still comes out fairly weak. That being said, the coffee is more tolerable than the coffee-water that the My K-Cup Filter yields.

Others have modified the EZ-Cup so that it holds more coffee, but it's not usually a good sign when the consumer has to improve the design of the product. The next step, for me, will be to dig out my old blade grinder and grind into a powder, which is a hassle.

Since the main appeal of the Keurig brewers, in my opinion, is ease, convenience, and consistence (I honestly don't think Keurig coffee is better than regular brewed coffee), the hassle of the EZ-Cup and the disappointing pay-off make it a less-than-ideal alternative to disposable cups. Hopefully, after more experimentation, I'll come to like it more, but so far it's underwhelming.

UPDATE: An easier way to load more coffee into the EZ-Cup is to push the spring and disk out the bottom of the cup and use something flat, like a key, to hold in place. That way, you're not pushing against the spring when you try to close the lid. Once it's closed, you can release the spring, and you'll have a more tightly packed cup.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2012 4:16 PM PDT

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3KK 12 MP Micro 4/3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 3-Inch Touchscreen LCD and 14-42mm Zoom Lens (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
28 used & new from $196.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets. This camera is sexy., December 3, 2011
I got this kit about a week ago at Target. It was a deal I couldn't pass up: $400 with a free $75 Target gift card. I'd been obsessively researching system cameras for a few months, and I thought I had narrowed it down to either the Canon T2i or the Nikon D3100. I wanted something that could do full HD as well as sophisticated focus pulling. I was pretty sure I wanted something that could shoot at 24 fps, but this deal got me rethinking that. The more I read, the more I realized that you don't really need 24 fps to get that film look, that there are other factors that go into profession looking shots. I wanted to be able to achieve the rack focus effect of pulling the focus from the background to the foreground or between different subjects in the frame. With the touchscreen and the crazy-fast autofocus on the GF3, all you have to do is point where you want to focus. It makes it so simple, and if you want more controll, you can still focus manually. The mic is mono, but I decided I could live with that because I can alway use an external recorder and microphone and add the audio track to the clips later, which would lead to better sound anyway. The lack of viewfinder option is a little disappointing, but I'm over it. I may eventually get a third party LCD viewfinder for shooting in sunlight.

I had no trouble importing clips to Corel Videostudio and editing them.

Page: 1 | 2