Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for H. Wang > Reviews

Browse

H. Wang's Profile

Customer Reviews: 487
Helpful Votes: 2028

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Wang "jwangamazon" RSS Feed (San Jose, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dockers Men's Signature Khaki Slim Fit Flat Front Pant, Black/Stretch, 32x32
Dockers Men's Signature Khaki Slim Fit Flat Front Pant, Black/Stretch, 32x32
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable casual pants for fall, winter and spring seasons., June 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Good craftsmanship, the construction is good. From style point of view, the pants are neither skinny or bulky, they are just slim fit. The material is medium thick. I definitely feel too warm when wearing them now (California summer). Somehow, after couple of hours wearing, they already look a little "dirty" as the pants somehow picks up hair or dust easily. For that, I definitely will not use these as business dressing pants. Also, after washing with other clothes, the pants come out with all the lints from other clothes. The black color makes all the light color lints very visible. I take one point out due the hassles that I need to lint brush it every time after washing. By the way, the pants lose the shape after washing, you need to iron press it to bring back the press lines. For casual pants, I am fine to skip the iron press chore.

It does not say if these pants are shrink-proof or not. But after two wash cycles, it only shrinks a little bit. Before trimming them to fit, make sure to go through some wash cycles.

By the way, the pants are low-waist type...they are below my belly button by 1 inch at least. Nothing wrong about that, just for your information.

All in all, very comfortable casual pants for fall, winter and spring seasons.

Prevail Quilted Cotton Adult Disposable Washcloths with Lotion, Large/12 x 8 Inch, 48 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars A versatile disposable wash-clothes that are soft, thick and big., June 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Just got back from a 2-night camping trip. I have a chance to test out this "Prevail Quilted Cotton Adult Disposable Washcloths with Lotion" in this camping event. The camp site has cold water shower, but no hot water shower. My ladies (wife and two daughters) take shower around 5pm while the temperature is still comfortable with cold water shower. They use this "Prevail Quilted Cotton Adult Disposable Washcloths" to do a light dry-wash before finally going to bed around 10:30pm. This washcloths works great to wipe face, neck, body, limbs in this hot summer. It picks up light dirt and sweat with the generous 12 inch x 8 inch size. It's moist enough to do the cleaning work and there is no need of any cleaner lotion or soap when using this washcloth. You can add few drop of water to make it more moist if you like.

The resealable package keeps the moist for a long time. Again, even if it dries up a little, just few drop of water will do the trick.

We feel great about this washcloth and recommend it to other campers. The feedback from them are all very positive. We like that this wash-clothes are soft, thicker and bigger in size when comparing with typical wet wipes.

I definitely recommend this washcloths for travel events. I am sure it will be a great companion in your trip.

Coleman Northern Nova Propane Lantern with Case
Coleman Northern Nova Propane Lantern with Case
Price: $104.99
20 used & new from $101.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice, elegant lantern with the capability to give out 3000 lumens light., June 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Just got back from a 2-night camping trip. This Coleman Northern Nova Propane Lantern really surprises all other campers with its mighty 3000 lumens light when in maximum propane flow setting. I already have a Coleman 2-mantle lantern that I used for years. But the light from this Nova propane lantern is almost 3 times stronger. Well, it consumes propane faster also. At maximum setting, one propane bottle last about 3 hours only. After burring at maximum setting for 3 hours, the lantern is extremely hot. One can easily get burned by just touching any metal part, or the globe. Actually, you can really feel the "heat wave" by placing hand close to the globe. Now, here comes the dangerous task....how to replace the empty propane bottle with new bottle after the lantern has been running on maximum for long. It occurred on the 2nd night of my camping trip. I was hesitating on the spot for a while till someone passed me a pair of thermal gloves (the one when taking hot pan out of oven). I was able to protect myself with the gloves when I accidentally touching metal part or the steaming hot globe while replacing the propane bottle. This is definitely something need to be kept in mind....preparing thermal gloves in your camping trip for task like this.

Other features of this lantern include, adjustable propane flow (to control the light strength), igniter for quick start (works every time, so far). The lantern can be hung up or placed on table. The included soft case provides good impact protection the the lantern.

The overall build quality is good, "except" the 3 legs that can be unfolded to form a space-ship-like stand. The part that connect each leg to the metal lantern body is a plastic component. I highly suspect the longevity of that plastic hinge.

I attach some photos comparing my old 2-mantle lantern with this Nova propane lantern.

All in all, a nice, elegant lantern with the capability to give out 3000 lumens light strength. I do recommend this lantern for car-camping trips.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The 100-Year Life: Living and working in an age of longevity
The 100-Year Life: Living and working in an age of longevity
by Lynda Gratton
Price: $17.85
59 used & new from $14.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the cost of the book to pick up some valuable points from it., June 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are plenty of alarms about the unprecedented aging of humanity. The percentage of folks aging 65 and older is increasing from less than 10% in 1950 in to 20% (in US), or 30% (in Western EU) and 40% (in Japan) by 2050.

The focus of this book is neither about public policies related to longevity issues, nor the fear of fewer young workers to support old folks, which will curb spending, strain the healthcare system, and drain social security and medicare benefits.

The focus of this book is about how an individual should plan to live this long. Sure, financial planning is the key factor for supporting such a long life with quality. The book does spend quite some sections to address the financial side. However, the financial related discussions are not product related (like life insurance, annuities, longevity annuity...etc). So, don't worry if the authors are trying to sell you those policies.

Mainly, the authors introduces the concept of multi-stage life and show readers how to improve the transition among those various life stages. The authors divide assets into tangible and intangible assets with the intention in helping readers to maximize those intangible assets for a better quality long life.

Personally, I do pick up couple of points from this book....that by itself is worth more than the cost of this book. So, I do think it's a worthy investment to read this book.

McGraw-Hill Education SAT 2017 Edition (Mcgraw Hill's Sat)
McGraw-Hill Education SAT 2017 Edition (Mcgraw Hill's Sat)
by Christopher Black
Price: $13.25
61 used & new from $10.66

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent all-in-one SAT prep book., May 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's good to see a new provider in providing SAT prep books. So, we don't stuck with one major vendor, Kaplan. This SAT prep book from McGraw-Hill is an all-in-one SAT book that includes study guide, tips for scoring high in the exam, reviewing materials, 4 practice tests with explanations for the problems.

If you are looking for practice tests only to keep yourself in the mood, you should go with something like "Kaplan 8 Practice Tests for the New SAT 2016", which provides 8 practice tests in one book. If your focus is on improving math only or reading only, there are quite some books available specializing on each subject directly.

What I mean, once you have gone through one full-course-meal-type SAT book (in this case, this McGraw-Hill SAT book), you probably know your weakness and you can focus on improving your weakness with subject specific SAT books.

From an all-in-one point of view, this McGraw-Hill SAT does quite some good job. About 2/3 of the book is reviewing topics to prepare students for the exam. The rest of 1/3 is the practice test and the explanation. The explanation for the problems is clear and precise.

The included study schedule app could be useful for some people as it reminds you to get going. For kids with strong self-discipline, the included app does not add too much value.

South Main Hardware TSA-Accepted Resettable Luggage Lock, Nickel
South Main Hardware TSA-Accepted Resettable Luggage Lock, Nickel
Price: $15.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid quality and fairly priced., May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Though at low price, but this luggage combo lock does not look cheap. The color is nice, not too vivid to attract attention. The metal construction feels solid. No sharp edge anywhere that could scratch your hand or your luggage. The included instruction is pretty clear about how to set your own secret combo code.

All in all, I am happy with this luggage combo lock and would definitely recommend it to friends or relatives.

The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
by Chris Bailey
Price: $14.60
77 used & new from $12.03

4.0 out of 5 stars No theoretic talk here. Real life feedback about many productive advise., May 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Though most of the advise in this book is based on some well known, practical advice that we all know about already. The unique point differentiates this book from other productivity improvement related books, is that the author indeed tried out each and every advise by himself.
As we all know the proverb...knowing is one thing, doing is another. A lot of the productive tips sound easy, but executing them on a sustainable basis is a total different story. The author spent the time to try out each productive improvement method and summarized the pros and cons of each advise based on real life experience. That by itself is worth the cost of this book already.

It's not a dry reading, as the author writes with a mix of humor and analysis. I found myself not only enjoying the reading, but also learning something from the author...mainly about which productive improvement method does not fit my life style or too much hassles for me to stick to.

Yes. I would recommend this book to my friends.

Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 1100, S1150/81
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 1100, S1150/81
Price: $29.95
16 used & new from $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic corded shaver, but trimmer is missing., May 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A basic shaver that feels light and cheap on hand. The flex-neck is a very nicer way to get curves on my face and neck. I can't say it has the closes shave, as I have to push the shaver against my face and move it over the spot couple of times to remove all the hairs.

I think missing the trimmer is more like a design flaw, or a wrong trade-off for cost cutting. I need the trimmer to cut longer hairs as shaver by itself often can't cut longer hairs.

The clean process is pretty easy.

All in all, this is a budget shaver. For the price, I accept the fact that it's a corded shaver. However, I really do recommend to spend a little bit more to get a corded version.

A Tax Guide to Conservation Easements
A Tax Guide to Conservation Easements
by Timothy C. Lindstrom
Price: $35.00
36 used & new from $7.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference about using conservation easements to reduce tax., May 12, 2016
I attended a local seminar about conservation easements. It's a sales oriented seminar and I am surprised by the tax benefit from the conservation easements. So, I decide to do my own dual diligent work before committing real money in it. After some searching, I came to this "A Tax Guide to Conservation Easements". It's a little bit out-dated (2008 version), but most of contents are still relevant today. This book covers a lot of different scenarios for different tax treatments. I like this book most is that it uses real cases to support each discussion. That helps a lot to to understand the IRS words. This book is more like a reference book. No need to study each chapter in details. Only need to study the chapter of interesting. I am able to get a good picture about how I can take benefit of this conservation easements.

The next step is to use H&R TaxCut software to do some case analysis.

I got a used one with good price. I don't recommend to buy new one as the list price is too high.

Kaplan Math Workbook for the New SAT (Kaplan Test Prep)
Kaplan Math Workbook for the New SAT (Kaplan Test Prep)
by Kaplan
Price: $9.76
69 used & new from $5.76

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of practices, with plenty useful tips for scoring and time management., May 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am getting this book for my daughter. It has a lot of practice tests. Answer keys with problem solving strategies are all included. So, kids can learn from mistakes. My daughter told me this book is well organized and it has numerous useful tips about how to answer the questions for maximizing the scores and how to do time management during the test.

I am taking feedback from my daughter: Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20