Profile for chickensrule > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

chickensrule RSS Feed

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness
Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness
by Robert Cheeke
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $13.30
91 used & new from $7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, November 12, 2010
Robert's book is about one thing: Experience. Robert has led the life of a vegan bodybuilder over the past decade, traveling many different roads to his current path, and he shares everything with you in this book. From trying different protein supplements, deciding what works and what has side effects, and deciphering vitamin and mineral language that can sometime be intimidating, Robert manages to keep the reader informed on a manageable level. He also cites other successful vegan athletes, including a favorite of mine, Brendan Brazier, and discusses things such as our need to keep our bodies in an alkaline environment for best results. He provides a section that will help vegan athletes find the products they need (like non-leather gloves/straps).
Perhaps most helpful is the section where Robert details what he actually does for a workout, and how he preps beforehand and how he cools down afterward. He gives some explanation about each exercise in layman's terms, which is helpful for me due to my limited experience. All throughout the book, he provides concrete information and backs it up with real world experience.
Robert's first tip for improving your work ethic: Get rid of your TV. Nice.
Robert is an incredibly inspiring person, and when meeting him you can't help but get caught up in his glowing demeanor. His book provides great assistance for people looking for inspiration and real knowledge about what they can do to get in shape and stay that way. I firmly believe that having strong, fit vegans in the public spotlight provides countless benefits, for people, for the planet, and for the animals. I'm on my own road to becoming a fit ambassador for veganism. I am already seeing real results, and I owe a lot of my motivation to Robert.