Profile for Matthew Wiltshire > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 102

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Wiltshire RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
That's Christmas To Me
That's Christmas To Me
Price: $8.82
87 used & new from $2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing Modern Holiday CD, May 26, 2015
This review is from: That's Christmas To Me (Audio CD)
Never had an affinity for acapella until PTX came along and they just nailed this out of the park. Their version of "Mary, Did You Know?" is my favorite holiday song of the past 20 years.

The only possible grievance is that the length is a little on the short side.

50 Classical Guitar Pieces - In Tablature and Standard Notation
50 Classical Guitar Pieces - In Tablature and Standard Notation
by Joseph Harris
Price: $11.51
38 used & new from $6.60

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite classical book out of about two dozen I've purchased, May 26, 2015
As the title suggests, I've had the chance look through quite a few books. I love just about every song. It's amazing as well because prior to purchasing this book, pretty much all my favorite songs from other books were all included in this one. It's almost like this text is my "Greatest Hits" book.

Not to mention the text size, interface is very nice. For me, it is the definitive book especially if you like Italian/Spanish classical songs.

These songs are in the beginner-intermediate range.

Trend Micro Antivirus+ 2015 1 User [Download]
Trend Micro Antivirus+ 2015 1 User [Download]
Price: $19.93

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a new Sheriff in town, May 26, 2015
After Norton basically lost their minds and decided to charge asinine prices for their Antivirus, I decided to try Trend. So far I've had no problems and only positive experiences.

It has a very easy UI. One of the nicest things I've noticed is that it never feels intrusive or "annoying" like past McAfee and Norton's I have had. It does its job and lets me know if there are any problems. There's really not much else to say.

Sades SA-738 Stereo Lightweight Gaming Headphone Blue Led Lighting Headsets PU Ear-pad USB 3.5mm with Mic for Laptop PC/MAC Sades Retail Gift Box
Offered by BrainyTrade
Price: $22.99
2 used & new from $22.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headset for the price, May 26, 2015
I bought a $15 Sentey headset that also received great reviews and when that stopped producing sound in one ear after only two weeks, I decided to spend the extra $8 for this headset. That previous Sentey makes this headset feel like an $80 headset.

Everything about this headset is great. It is very comfortable and snug. Although a headset, it looks more like headphones, so I can use this headset for things like walking the dog. I really like how the volume control is located on the headphone itself and not a giant volume control on the cord like the Sentey. That decision with functionality also makes this headset considerably less burdensome.

Additionally, the lighting effect is impressive and very cool. While these less expensive headsets usually have that cheap plastic look to them, this one hides it exceptionally well.

I'm not an audiophile, but the sound appears to be exceptional especially for the price. So far no problems.

I'm so glad I found these.

Sentey® Gaming Headset Blue Arrow Analog 3.5mm In-line Volume Control & Computer Headset with Microphone Gaming Headphones Headphone Pc, Mac or Laptop, Tablet, Mobile Phones / Headset with Mic Heavy Duty Braided 2 Meters Cable / Leather Padded Ear Pads with Passive Noise Canceling / Computer Gaming Headset Ergonomic Adaptive Leather Headband (Extreme Comfort) - Computer Gaming Headset Stereo Left and Right Drivers 40mm / Cap Connector / Computer Headset to Work and Play / Skype Headset - Gaming Headsets for Chat and Play Gs-4520
Offered by Sentey
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $12.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 3 weeks., May 19, 2015
UPDATE: I ordered the $22.99 Sades headset and this headset makes my new Sades feel like a $80 headset. I highly recommend that one compared to this one. It is better in every way: appearance, sound, functionality, comfort-ability, snugness.

I was pretty stoked to get these. The packaging looked pretty cool, it got awesome reviews, and the headset looks pretty wicked.

However, I lost sound in one ear after only three weeks (only a few uses). I tried it on numerous devices to make sure it wasn't the headset, but it did the same for every different device it plugged into. If I moved my head around, I could intermittently get the sound back for a few seconds.

This headset feels far inferior to a $22 Plantronics headset I bought a few years ago. Even adjusted the tightest it can go, it basically just lays on my head with really no snugness. Sound quality is okay. It also feels very cheap-y, which is to be expected, but comparatively, it makes my old $22 headset feel like a $60 pair.

I may have just received a particularly bad item, but I think it's worthwhile getting a significantly better pair for an extra $10.

Comfort Zone with DAP for Dogs Diffuser and Single Refill
Comfort Zone with DAP for Dogs Diffuser and Single Refill
Price: $23.79
6 used & new from $23.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work plus "refill" is misleading, May 19, 2015
Did not work for any of my dogs.

Also took off a star since the title is misleading. With the diffuser, you only receive ONE canister. There is no "refill". Someone should explain that the definition of refill means "to fill again" not "fill for the first time". If I get a drink refill at McDonald's it means I went back for a second fill-up, not for a first. I understand they attempted with the wording "single refill", but like I said, refill is still not the correct word and is still misleading.

A1184, 60W Power Adapter (for Apple MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro)
A1184, 60W Power Adapter (for Apple MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage, May 19, 2015
Very temperamental and had to keep wiggling to get it to work since purchase. It would fail to charge half the time. It finally stopped charging altogether after only 3 months.

Too Human - Xbox 360
Too Human - Xbox 360
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $22.22
86 used & new from $0.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas muddled by terrible execution, November 20, 2014
This review is from: Too Human - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
To simplify, Too Human is an Action RPG (akin to Diablo) with a Sci-fi Norse twist.

The two standouts for this game are the environments and the soundtrack. The environments are varied and beautiful with not too much of the copy/paste feeling games like this can have. The soundtrack is above average.

The RPG elements are very mediocre. The different skill trees are fun even though it doesn't feel like it makes as much of a difference as intended. Getting upgraded loot is always fun. Other mediocre parts are the characters. There are a few interesting ones but Thor and the main protagonist Baldur in particular are one-dimensional bumbling meatheads.

Now let's begin with the bad. The gameplay is awful. It's repetitive with only a few enemy types and they all basically look the same. The enemy projectiles are a major problem in this game. As some have already noted, a few enemies will hang back and just shoot missiles at you with no way to get to them but to ignore the hoards of attackers coming at you. If you ignore them, you get pummeled into oblivion and the missiles are timed well so that you are on the ground half the time. Also, when you do get close, the guns in this game are insanely underpowered compared to the melee weapons. Probably the most frustrating part of this game are the large spider/stalker enemies, which pose as tough sub-boss type and are particularly mega-frustrating. They do a ground pound move that is unavoidable even if you jump in the air. Sometimes this is happening when about 30 enemies are attacking you and even some are the missile enemies (that I spoke of earlier) on top of that. These large spiders are also faster than you so your underpowered gun won't have enough time because once they spot you, you're dead as you can't run away. It creates a frustrating and chaotic experience. Lastly, the camera angles are the worst of any game I've played. This poses a problem as the gun's lock on requires a correct camera angle.

Unfortunately, the combat was too awful for me to complete the story, but the narrative seemed interesting. I can't attest to the length either. If the combat could be tuned, this game has potential to be great.

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The worst of the Landgon novels, but still entertaining and better than your average thriller, June 1, 2014
Despite its faults, Inferno is still entertaining. However, while Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code felt like a story about ancient conspiracies as a thriller, Inferno felt more like a thriller with Brown’s ancient conspiracies thrown in.

In fact, one of my biggest gripes is the entire existence of the symbology part (and thus Langdon’s participation) in Inferno. After finishing the book, I couldn’t find a good (reasonably intelligent) motive for the antagonist to leave the clues and begin the whole debacle.

By now, the Langdon formula is beginning to feel really “Paint by Numbers”, which wouldn’t be so worrisome, but it’s becoming significantly easier to discover the plot twists because Brown sticks to it a little too closely.

Another issue is that there are a few too many “strokes of luck”, happenstance coincidences, Deus Ex Machina’s, or whatever you want to call them that even caused someone as patient as me to do a few eye rolls.

Others have mentioned that much of Inferno feels like it’s a history lesson or that it feels like a giant tour, which can probably be explained by my first paragraph.

Despite all seemingly egregious flaws, I read Inferno to be entertained and I still enjoyed it more than the average book, so I gave it 4 stars.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Price: $11.65
138 used & new from $8.67

3.0 out of 5 stars I’ve never had more mixed feelings toward a game, March 1, 2014
By all appearances, I should love this game. It has an endearing personality, has elements of classic RPGs, and the combat is reminiscent of Pokemon. I really wanted to like this game. I rarely quit games, but after about 17 hours into the game, I cannot go further.

I’ll begin with the obvious strength of Ni No Kuni. The overall presentation of the game is phenomenal. The menus are slick, the music is top-notch, and the writing is witty. The game does come off as childish, but I thought it added much to its own personality.

However, once the smoke clears and the reality sets in, I started to realize many of the games shortcomings. First, the beginning of the game is excruciatingly boring. The beginning is riddled with cutscenes, hand-holding gameplay, basic combat, etc. It isn’t until about 6 hours in until the game begins to pick up.

The game has two glaring flaws, the story and the combat. The story begins as a heartwarming tale of a son trying to save his mother. Aside from that, there isn’t much meat to the story. The characters aside from your trusty sidekick Drippy are extremely bland and one-dimensional. The combat borrows much from that of Pokemon, but lacks any of the fun strategy elements of the Pokemon games. There is a lot of just mashing the attack button during the wild battles. Many of the combat’s problems are more noticeable during boss battles. While it’s nice that not two boss battles are alike, about half of the boss battles are very difficult because the game randomly spikes the difficulty forcing you to level up your characters, which ruins much of the game’s continuity. The combat has too many menus, so you’ll find yourself getting pummeled while trying to find that one attack. Additionally, your party AI is unbelievably bad. They don’t defend. They always waste their MP immediately even after changing Tactics. This can make the battles incredibly frustrating.

The game’s fun comes from sidequests. It is fun to explore and their Merit System is one of the best sidequest systems I’ve played. You can use your sidequest successes to purchase helpful aids that will help in the main storyline. While the sidequests are fun, the main story is incredibly shallow. There is a ton of handholding and a lot of unnecessary dialogue.

Overall, I found its flaws too much to continue and Ni No Kuni is one of the most disappointing games I’ve played in awhile. I am used to playing RPGs, but I found this game to be very boring.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11