Profile for G. Whiteley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Whiteley "Geoff" RSS Feed (Sydney, NSW Australia)

Page: 1 | 2
The Duke
The Duke
Price: $11.88
42 used & new from $5.76

4.0 out of 5 stars canned by some, lauded by those who appreciate good music and performance, June 9, 2014
This review is from: The Duke (Audio CD)
Some really good playing of some really good music. Joe Jackson brings new life to some great standards. Caravan is hypnotic and beautifully performed by a great band under an excellent arrangement

Bennett & Brubeck: The White House Sessions, Live 1962
Bennett & Brubeck: The White House Sessions, Live 1962
Price: $6.59
64 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars history and magic together, June 9, 2014
Any music fan, of pretty much any genre, will love this excellent and historic and quality recording. Just buy it.

Lightspeed Outdoors 2-Person PVC-Free Air Bed w/ Battery Operated Pump, Green
Lightspeed Outdoors 2-Person PVC-Free Air Bed w/ Battery Operated Pump, Green
Price: $81.34
5 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, June 9, 2014
Exchanged a double height queen airbed with built-in electric pump for this, at the recommendation of my son, to find that this Lightspeed mattress is everything as good as claimed. 2 very satisfying nights' sleep in cold and wet camping conditions. Couldn't recommend anything else, except perhaps a queen sized cot frame to make it easier to get in and out of this very comfortable and easy to inflate/deflate mattress that takes up little space.

LIFE Remembering George Harrison: 10 Years Later
LIFE Remembering George Harrison: 10 Years Later
by Editors of Life
Price: $14.09
58 used & new from $2.65

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE COFFEE TABLE ADDITION, July 3, 2012
A well produced book with some great photos and sympathetic treatment of George. Makes a nice companion to the Scorsese 'Material World' movie and is a fitting memoir for one of the great music talents of all time.

Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10
Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must have, July 3, 2012
I'm really impressed with my Fuji X10, even more so since I downloaded this book. The user manual that comes with the camera is a comprehensive guide to the switches, buttons and software options, however, explanation of how/when to use the powerful capabilities is missing. The book explains everything, is easy to follow and opens doors to capabilities that don't even rate a mention in the Fuji manual. If you have this camera and enjoy using your camera's full power, buy the book.

rooCASE Ultra Slim (Black) Leather Case Cover Cover with Stand for Sony S1 Android Tablet Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Tablet Roocase Ultraslim, December 16, 2011
Well designed and quality item, great value as well, makes my Sony Tablet look and feel better already. Maybe I need to also buy the 'executive' model to make a full collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2011 12:32 PM PST

You're No Good (2006 - Remastered)
You're No Good (2006 - Remastered)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Ronstadt's Best Song? Tough Call Kenneth, November 20, 2011
I agree wholeheartedly with Kenneth as I too have listened to this song many times and still love it like it's as new as today. But the best?

Well, that's not an easy decision as Ms Ronstadt has so many great interpretations to consider for that award; for example: Blue Bayou, Hurt So Bad, Just One Look, Love Me Tender. I could go on but I think I've made my point: Linda Ronstadt must be one of the top 10 modern music vocalists, easily.

It's wonderful that her work is being remastered so that a new generation can get to hear this great voice in all its glory.

Goin Home-a Tribute to Fats Domino
Goin Home-a Tribute to Fats Domino
Offered by SHAVALON
Price: $24.99
11 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fats Domino is a genius, February 24, 2011
In a word, "brilliant". Fats Domino is one of our great song writing and performing treasures and this album is a fitting tribute to his enourmous talent. I was fortunate to see Mr Domino live in concert at the Sydney Opera House in 19whatever and it's a performance I'll never forget. I specifically bought this CD because I wanted to have his legacy of great songs in my collection. And they are great, especially with the outstanding artists contributing to this tribute album. I especially like Neil Young's rendition of 'Walking To New Orleans' - it's simply beautiful, thank you Mr Young.

Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live
Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live
DVD ~ Peter Gabriel
54 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, June 21, 2010
One of the best live concert videos in the business. Stunning songs, brilliant staging, musicianship, superbly filmed and great sound mix.

The Black Crowes: Warpaint Live
The Black Crowes: Warpaint Live
DVD ~ The Black Crowes
Offered by PRIME MERCHANTS
Price: $7.97
41 used & new from $1.37

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, June 21, 2010
I stumbled across The Black Crowes by accident while looking for some decent live concert performances I could order. Some of their recent release studio material sounded good (in the 30 second online previews) so I took a punt and ordered Warpaint, as it was the only Black Crowes live performance I could get that wasn't Blueray.

I just played it at home for the first time and was devastated by their amateurish songs, basic instrumental ability and terrible sound mix, let alone the limited vocal skills of the lead singer(?). On the positive side, the video quality and stage lighting are excellent.

Suspecting it might have been my theatre system's sound settings, I changed over to Dolby Digital 5.1 (from DTS) and tweaked a few other things that I don't normally need to touch. The mix improved slightly but I still couldn't get over the lack of melody & tunefulness. And I can lay claim to having a varied and flexible taste in music (music being the operative word).

I'm not sure whether they've ever toured Australia, or plan to, but here's one who won't be lining up for tickets.

What a disappointment . . .
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2012 6:58 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2