ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for snoopygirl > Reviews

snoopygirl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

snoopygirl RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - Nintendo 3DS
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - Nintendo 3DS
Price: $21.97
36 used & new from $16.33

2.0 out of 5 stars A huge leap....backwards., November 10, 2014
I purchased the game elsewhere but wanted to put my input here, as I am a regular Amazon customer. And yes, I have been playing the game (I'm through the spring season and just beginning summer). I have played many of the Harvest Moon games (Sunshine Islands, Island of Happiness, New Beginning, Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade). This new version of the game is extremely disappointing for several reasons.

There is no town per se. NPCs show up at your house to introduce themselves and either will be outside your house or at a location across the mountain. But they are only available on certain days at certain times, and I can't keep track of when they are available.

The graphics are also a huge downgrade for me. I do not like the Minecraft style of the terrain. And the design of the characters is awful (huge heads on tiny thin bodies). I do not like my character's appearance, nor that of the other NPC's. There were always a couple of characters I would be attracted to in a HM game, but I'm not remotely interested in developing relationships with any of these characters so far. Also, the harvest sprites who used to be really cute, look down right creepy with huge heads and eyes. The animals, though, are adorable as always.

The big headache for me though is the farming. In previous versions of the game you could click on a bag of seeds and see info on how long it takes to grow, what season, and if it can be harvested multiple times. This info can be very important when you are near the end of a season and need to decide to buy seeds or not (do they have enough time to grow?). That information is completely gone now. Also, there is no foraging in this game. This was especially important in the beginning of the game when your funds are limited, and thus farming is limited. You could explore the terrain and find items to either keep and use or to sell. It was also a nice break from just farming all day.

So this will be traded in ASAP. I expected a lot more from this game, but since the creator of Harvest Moon has moved on to creating Story of Seasons, I have high hopes for that. I already have SoS preordered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2014 5:56 PM PST

Olive Kids Mermaids Lunch Box
Olive Kids Mermaids Lunch Box
Price: $17.33
16 used & new from $15.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute design but didn't work, October 4, 2013
My daughter loved this design since she is into mermaids. However, by the end of the first week of preschool (which was just 3 days), the zipper broke. Very disappointed.

Melissa & Doug Mermaid Role Play Costume Set
Melissa & Doug Mermaid Role Play Costume Set
Price: $22.31
46 used & new from $17.61

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!, July 30, 2013
My daughter is almost four but very tall for her age. She is going into a size 6. The dress fits her just fine, but I don't know how long she will fit into it at the rate she is growing. It is very nicely done with sparkling accents, color, etc. Now that we took the kids to Disney world for the first time, she is wearing the dress every day. She doesn't care that it isn't a particular princess. She just loves mermaids and princesses in general. I wish these dress up outfits would come in bigger sizes too.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Price: $34.09
134 used & new from $26.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game I have ever played, April 9, 2013
I have to say this is the first Fire Emblem game I have ever played. For those of you complaining about the developers daring to have an easier mode where fallen units return, this change is what got me to play. I was interested in Shadow Dragon (the previous DS installment) but stayed away from it because I thought it would be too frustrating for me to permanently lose units. Now that I have played FE Awakening, I definitely want to play it again on the more difficult setting and see how I progress. I was even able to find a pre-owned Shadow Dragon so I can try that as well.

I have been playing video games for many years (I'm a mom to 4 kids and have played on Atari, NES, SNES, Wii, and DS systems) and FE Awakening is the best game I have ever played on any system. I found the story very compelling and it just had me hooked from the beginning. My other likes include: customizing my character, the support system and pairing units together (some units work better together than others), the depth and uniqueness of the characters, class changes and upgrades.

I have played through to the end of the game, and even though I was really upset that it was over, I want to dive right back in again. THis is unusual for me because once I finish a game I need to put it away for quite awhile, and even when I play it again there is so much that I remember it just isn't the same. It is hard for me to enjoy it again because I don't have that sense of discovery and surprise. However I can keep playing with my current file (as I have only played about half the DLC maps I purchased, and can summon lots of bonus teams to the map with higher difficulties).

My only disappointment was with some of the dialogue toward the end of the game. There is a spoiler alert so I will put the detail of this point down below. My complaint though was not enough to take anything away from my rating, because there was so much more of the game that I loved.

Spoiler Alert**********

So here is my one tiny complaint. Since I can customize my character, she is a female. And I chose to have her marry Chrom (the main character). As a result, I felt some of the crucial points of the game (especially toward the end when you have to decide wether to sacrifice yourself) take on a different significance than if she was marrired to someone else (or was a male character). I just felt that, even though they took great care to make the dialogue at other points in the game spot on for my situation, at the final chapter or two it just seemed to be very generic (not what I would expect for a man about to lose his wife/mother of his children). Even though he pleges to find my character (because they don't believe she is truly gone), when I viewed the cut scene at the very end it was a little disappointing. It doesn't tell you how long he was searching, but they chose to mimic the scene in the beginning of the game where you are found in the field. I can understand that to a point, but the dialogue didn't have to be word for word the same as the beginning of the game. And again, being that my character was married to Chrom, I would think he could have something more to say than just "Welcome Back". I was thinking later that it would have been cool to have a post game chapter (similar to those where you find Emmeryn, Walhart, etc.) where they would find my character. But I suppose the developers leave it up to the game player to use their imagination at that point. It just bothered me at first because I spent so many hours (over 70 so far) to get to that point,so much energy and emotion--that it just seemed to be too abrupt an ending for me. As I said above, this was not enough to affect my rating of the game.

Breyer Chloe Care for Me Vet Set
Breyer Chloe Care for Me Vet Set
Price: $33.99
29 used & new from $27.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked for a few minutes, March 25, 2013
My 3 yo daughter was thrilled to get this for Christmas. I liked the idea to use the various tools in the right places to make certain sounds. However within just a few minutes of my daughter playing with this toy, she started crying. The sound unit was making a horrible noise and it wouldn't stop. I turned the unit off and waited awhile, thinking my daughter may have jarred it too hard and I just needed to show her to be more careful. But it didn't work. As soon as I turned the unit back on, the noise started again. This was so disappointing, especially because it more than $40.

LeapFrog Learn and Groove Music Wand
LeapFrog Learn and Groove Music Wand
Offered by TOYING
Price: $23.20
14 used & new from $4.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, March 25, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I have loved LeapFrog products for years, and even got my youngest the My First LapTop for Christmas. I purchased this toy for Christmas also but was very disappointed. The music is very poor, and she doesn't even recognize half of the tunes (for example The Entertainer--you can't sing to that, and my child doesn't even know what it is). She loves to dance around and sing, pretending to perform. But she rarely plays with this. I would not recommend this toy at all.

Summer Infant, Ultimate Training Pad - Twin Mattress, 38" x 28"
Summer Infant, Ultimate Training Pad - Twin Mattress, 38" x 28"
Price: $16.56
14 used & new from $16.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had these for my other children, March 25, 2013
I purchased 2 of these training pads and they are great. The quality of the materials is very good--I have had no problems washing them. I have read that some have problems with the flaps not being long enough. But that is not the case for me. My 3 yo daughter is in a twin bed and the sheet fits fully across the bed with the flaps tucking under with plenty of fabric to spare. Even if they weren't quite long enough, I would suggest getting sheet suspenders. They clip onto a sheet under the mattress to prevent it from becoming untucked (and they are adjustable). So far she has had a few accidents but I can quickly change the training pad and get her back to bed.

Jadeite Jade Daisy Dust Red and Green Black Cord Bracelet
Jadeite Jade Daisy Dust Red and Green Black Cord Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bracelet!, December 26, 2011
I just received this as a gift and it is beautiful. I received many compliments on it, as it looks so unique. The best part is that I am able to wear this with casual clothing, or a dressy look.

Lil Chef Set
Lil Chef Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Apron is not the one pictured here!, December 26, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lil Chef Set (Toy)
I bought the set pictured here about 5 years ago for my older daughter and it was great quality. The towel and apron were nice durable fabric and has lasted quite awhile. I wanted to get another set for my new daughter (just turning 2), so she would have her own set.

The oven mitt and pot holder are very nice, quilted fabric just like the older set and like the real thing. However the fabric for the towel and apron are poor. The fabric seems very cheap, and the apron is not the one pictured above (which is the older model). The apron now has flimsy velcro for the neck and waist. There is no way to see this from the packaging either. I am very disappointed and will look for another set in the meantime.

My 2 year old daughter does enjoy the set, but for me it wasn't up to what I expected.

Inis: Moonlight Eau de Parfum 3.3 fl oz
Inis: Moonlight Eau de Parfum 3.3 fl oz

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave of the Inis fragrances!, July 11, 2011
I have purchased all of the Inis fragrances over the years. The original Inis, until now, was my favorite (very light and fresh--great to wear everyday).

I put Inis Moonlight on my wish list not even knowing what it was like. From the description of the fragrance, it sounded wonderful. Well, I just received it for my birthday and I love it! It is light and fresh like the original Inis, But instead of having an nautical/ocean feel (which the original Inis has), this has a floral/fruity blend. But it is still light and fresh, great to wear everyday.

So I will be putting the shower gel/body lotion on my list next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5