Profile for Rebekah K. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebekah K. "avid reader and technophile" RSS Feed (WA)

Page: 1 | 2
Beadaholique 50-Piece Twisted Liquid Tube Beads, 6mm, Silver Plated
Beadaholique 50-Piece Twisted Liquid Tube Beads, 6mm, Silver Plated
Price: $5.66
2 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, March 10, 2014
These are NOT 6mm beads - they are 1mm beads that are 6mm long. They are far too small to use as I intended; they won't even slide onto the thread I use! I wish I'd read the reviews first; I never would have purchased these.

Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 16MP Digital Camera (Pink)
Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 16MP Digital Camera (Pink)
Offered by shake_light
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $87.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd expect from Canon, March 7, 2014
I've owned numerous Canon cameras in the past, including a DSLR. I'm not new to photography and am a good photographer. So when I was looking for a small point and shoot, with macro abilities, I picked up this little guy. I was sorely disappointed.

First off, the camera doesn't even come with a transfer cable. That is annoying because I'm using a computer that was built from scratch and doesn't have a card reader installed on it. Secondly, this camera arrived without a battery or wrist strap as well. I picked up a spare battery, to test out the camera (to see if I wanted an exchange or a refund) and the photos all come out blurry. I know how to take a good photo, and this camera defies skill. It doesn't matter what I did, the photos were blurry.

I sent it back for a refund and I'll be buying Sony or Samsung next.

Iris 105-Pack Embroidery Giant Floss Pack, 8m
Iris 105-Pack Embroidery Giant Floss Pack, 8m
Offered by zip2012
Price: $10.99
26 used & new from $8.36

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, March 7, 2014
This floss is good quality, and in a good selection of colors. I am using this stuff to make kumihimo and jewelry products and it works great.

The ends do fray a bit, as these are multi-ply threads, but I just moisten the ends before threading and it works fine. I use a big eyed needle for threading and it's perfect.

This thread knots easily and stays knotted well; but I do use a dab of e600 just to be sure of the knots longevity.

This is NOT DMC thread, but the colors are bright and consistent throughout the package. I will order again when I run out, though that will be a while as there is a lot of thread in this package.

Very satisfied.

KumiLoom(TM) - Handheld Kumihimo Disk for BOTH Round and Flat Braiding
KumiLoom(TM) - Handheld Kumihimo Disk for BOTH Round and Flat Braiding
Offered by doublelift
Price: $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, and fun!, February 11, 2014
I'm new to braiding, but this loom felt so good in my hands. It's sturdy but soft to the touch, so it's not too hard to keep a grip on for an hour or more at a time.

I've tried making my own looms in the past, but they never worked out. This was well worth the $8 price tag. I wish I'd bought 2.

There are instructions on the back to get started, for those of us who have never done kumihimo before. It's for a simple 8 strand braid and it can be worked up in no time flat.

If you're wanting to get into braiding, but on the fence, go ahead and get this loom. It's quality.

Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 40 pound bag
Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 40 pound bag
Price: $17.09
27 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down, the BEST litter you can buy, February 11, 2014
I was a hard and true Tidy Cats customer up until about 20 minutes ago. That was when I cleaned out my litterbox for the first time since loading it with this litter. Oh my word. I won't be buying Tidy Cats any longer.

I bought this stuff on a whim. It was on sale and I had an amazon gift card. The reviews sounded fantastic, but I was still wary.

This litter has virtually no dust. The only dust I encountered was a small puff when I was loading from the bag into the litterbox. It settled in seconds and I've seen none since.

This litter clumps extremely well. The clumps do not break apart and scoop up easily. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, escapes this litter. After cleaning the box out, it looks like I just filled it with fresh litter.

Even with Tidy Cats, I could smell the litterbox and breath in the smell of cat litter. My litterbox is in the bathroom attached to my bedroom and I'd wake up with a sore stuffy nose and blood clots from breathing it in. I can't smell this litter and my nose is already starting to clear up after only 2 days and 1 night with this.

I can't recommend this enough!

Warbreaker
Warbreaker
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes my "Breath" away..., January 12, 2014
This review is from: Warbreaker (Kindle Edition)
This is quite honestly one of my favorite books. Ever. I even named one of my cats Vasher (so apt).

The plots are thick and juicy and keep readers on their toes. The characters are real, complete with emotions and faults and quirks. The settings are fantastic and the myths and magic are the stuff of legends.

I recommend this book to pretty much everyone I meet. I can't stress enough that this isn't just an epic fantasy novel - it's a creation, a piece of art, in the form of written word. It doesn't have the same rolling beauty as Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles, but it is phenomenal and wondrous and it takes my 'breath' away.

Yuva Women's Basic Skinny Jean, Black, 10
Yuva Women's Basic Skinny Jean, Black, 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, January 12, 2014
I NEVER buy pants without trying them on. But I bought these because I was in a rush for black skinny jeans for a costume party and didn't have time to go out. I wear these jeans all the time now. They fit wonderfully - and I'm a person that jeans hate to fit on to. I got these expecting to wear once and toss out, but they are a staple in my wardrobe now and have been for 3 years. Highly recommended.

Libbey Crisa Moderno Cereal Bowl, 6-Inch, Box of 12, Clear
Libbey Crisa Moderno Cereal Bowl, 6-Inch, Box of 12, Clear
Price: $21.99
3 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and good, January 12, 2014
These bowls are dependable. Good quality and solid material. They run through the pots & pans cycle on the dishwasher without injury and also clean well in a sink with just a rag and soap. Work fine in the microwave as well. When I need more bowls, I will be ordering these again.

RCA RMW948 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven, White
RCA RMW948 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even last a year, January 12, 2014
I bought this microwave and I really loved it. It worked fantastic and cooked food evenly. But then, one day out of nowhere, it just stopped heating up food. It wasn't even 9 months old yet. It still turned on, and had power and would run as if it worked, but there was no heat any longer. Disappointing.

Festive "50 Is The New 40" Coffee Mug For 50th birthday Inexpensive Gift
Festive "50 Is The New 40" Coffee Mug For 50th birthday Inexpensive Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, January 12, 2014
I got this for my mother 3 years ago and she's still using it. Every day her morning coffee goes into this mug and it's held up well. No chips in the mug nor on any surface of the design. Sturdy and dependable.

Page: 1 | 2