Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Chad B > Reviews

Browse

Chad B's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chad B RSS Feed

Opteka SteadyVid 3000GX Professional Video Stabilizing System with Dynamic Balance for Cameras & Camcorders up to 6.5 LBS
Offered by 47th Street Photo.
Price: $111.95
5 used & new from $111.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It has potential - Will Update later on, August 30, 2013
So after ordering this device I kind of expected some quarks, I mean come on, how couldn't I for just $160 with free shipping and visually being a rival to the Glidecam HD-2000. So first I will say even though it was not amazon prime it still arrived dang fast. Ordered it Sunday night and was at my door by Wednesday afternoon that week. The box was packaged good as well. A lot better than amazons paper on one side of the box packaging. Anyways this is just a partial informative review as I plan to update it later with more info.

About the product and what I plan to do:

Gimbal: When I pulled it out of the box it was neatly separated into three sections, head, base with weights, and shaft with gimbal. The first thing I grabbed was the gimbal and immediately knew it wasn't going to work right. The up and down movement of the handle was a little stiff and there was no free rotation around the shaft. On top of that the handle and the bearing it was going through was loose and rattled around. So after my frustration once I saw that I just set it aside and decided to look at the rest.

Head and plate: The one great advertised thing about this cheap stabilizer was that fact it had micro adjusting knobs. I would say it looks pretty good but I did notice a Tiny amount of rust in two threaded holes in the top release plate. No biggie as that would be a quark I would expect and can fix. Now the adjustment knobs were something else. When I spun them, mainly the forward and backward I discovered that the screw that spun inside was slightly angled, causing the plate to thump around a little. This could be an issue, but it may also be as easy of a fix to just do a tiny bit of bending. Right now that is undetermined. Other than that, by the looks of it I think its essentially the same thing as a Glidecam head as far as operation. But I have not owned a glidecam and can only go by what I have seen.

Weights and base: This was something I was curious about from the pictures as it looked to almost have a rotating plate at the bottom. In fact it does because you could technically rotate it any direction separate of the weight plate and then tighten it all down. I think this is a pointless design add on. The extra plate is just for setting your camera down. The little rubber feet were also kind of stuck in the wrong places on the base so you will have to relocate them to their proper position. The weights are big heavy washers and do not have the ability to extend outward.

What I plan to do. I was going to just send this back for a different one and hope the next one was better...But I know that it probably won't be and could have its own little quarks as well. So I decided to first see if I can save the gimbal. First I started with the up and down bearings. I got the right size allen bits (not sure which ones, but you will need two different sizes and a small phillips) then began slowly loosening each side equally in turn degrees. I ended up getting it to move perfectly with no stiffness or wobbly slack! Success for that one! Next the handle. I discovered that the handle was loose for a reason as when you tightened the bolt it would actually rub against the outside of the bearing...So I found a small nut and used it as a spacer between the handle and bearing. Then began slowly tightening until the slack was gone and it moved perfectly free! Success...with probably a $.10 nut. NOW the big bearing and is where I am at. I was able to remove a small plate that covers one side of the bearing. Held on with four small phillips screws. I slid the plate up the shaft and removed the rubber gasket ring on the bearing and also slide that up the shaft. Inside it seems they are using to heavy of an oil or grease. SO I think it may be possible to remove the existing grease from inside using techniques found on YouTube for cleaning skate bearings but it will be a challenge. I would then replace that grease with just a few drops of sewing machine oil or other low viscosity machine oil.

But that is where I am at in my review. I have not mounted my camera to it as there is no point unless I can get the bearing working properly. I can say though that everything, including the height adjustment knobs appear to be made of metal, which is great. The whole thing feels sturdy and if we are lucky, with a little extra elbow grease this could become the ultimate low cost stabilizer. Lets hope so. I do run and operate a YouTube channel called Krotoflik and will be posting my unboxing, findings and info there if you wish to check it out. Until then lets see how this things turns out and I will update this review once I get the final results. Thanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2013 12:01 PM PDT

Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone
Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone
Price: $5.99
15 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great as a Lavaliere Microphone!, August 28, 2012
I purchased this mic to see how well it worked as a lav mic for my canon T3i YouTube videos. Search "Zalman ZM-MIC 1 as a Lavaliere Mic" on YouTube and you will find my video using this mic. I fed it directly into my camera. Also to note that the length of the cord is about 10' long, which is great. It also outputs in both left and right channels. Great quality and might even order another for my PC this time!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 2:35 PM PDT

new airsoft spring pistol p698+one gun with changeable style comes with 2 8 round clips / magazines(Airsoft Gun)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Gun in the Pic is not the same, September 27, 2011
Title pretty much says it. When I received my gun I noticed right away that the gun itself looked great...but the barrel extension was a cheap looking flat black with no paint. I also noticed on the gun in the pic it shows text on the side but my gun does not have this. This may no matter to anyone, but for me I was looking for a gun prop for some videos, so looks matter. Hopefully I can find a paint color to match the gun to paint the extension and orange tip.

Otherwise if you wondering it does look cool and is nice and big. I'm 6'2" and it fits in the hand great with the long clip and extension. If you switch both of those out it feels more like a dinky Bond gun or something.

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Camera Wholesalers
115 used & new from $345.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! Amazing in low light and awesome video recording., March 3, 2011
I purchased this camera mainly for recording video. Its quality is amazing, and the on-board mic records great to me as well. For anyone wondering about the new HD digital movie zoom, I created a video demonstrating its quality and the microphone quality as well! Its on youtube. Just search for t3i digital zoom and onboard mic test. Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments!

On a side note, I would not recommend purchasing the Patriot LX series 32gb class 10 SDHC card. I ordered one of these from newegg and when I received it, it did not work properly with the camera due to old firmware on the card. Patriot has confirmed this over the phone, as the issue started with the T2i. Apparently they fixed it in there new cards, but old ones are still out there! I did order the Transcend 32gb class 10 and it is currently working fine at the moment.

I Highly recommend getting a wireless remote. I picked up a brand called Shoot, here on amazon and works great for videos as well if you do not have anyone to operate the camera for recording.
Also the battery grip here on amazon fits perfect on the T3i and gives it a nice solid feel and increases stabilization. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QZ6SIY
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2011 9:39 PM PDT

Neewer IR Remote controller for Canon EOS Rebel SL1/100D,T5i/700D, XSi/450D, XTi/400D, XT/350D, EOS Rebel/300D, EOS 30/33/30V, EOS 50/55,EOS 100, EOS 10, EOS 300V, EOS 300X, 300VQD, EOS IX, IXUS Jr/II/III, SURESHOT, ELAN7, Rebel T1 Date, Rebel T2 Date, Z180u, Z155, 120, 370Z, 370Z, G6, G5, G3, G2, G1, *S70, *S60, S1IS, Pro 1, Pro 90 IS
Offered by Neewer Global USA
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the Canon EOS Rebel T3i, March 3, 2011
I purchased this item in advance for when I received my Canon T3i. It works great, but I have only used it for movie mode at this time. If your in movie mode, hitting the "s" button will take a picture, and the "2s" button will start and stop your video. This is a must have for anyone recording video of themselves for youtube and they do not have a second person behind the camera to operate it.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 11:08 AM PST

Cblwhl Digital Optical Toslink Female / 3.5mm Mini Male Adaptor, Right Angle
Cblwhl Digital Optical Toslink Female / 3.5mm Mini Male Adaptor, Right Angle
Offered by CablesOnline
Price: $4.79
4 used & new from $4.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price., January 12, 2011
I just wanted to agree with another reviewer- my optical cable firmly snapped into place and it would not fall out unless physically removed. It feels very sturdy and was actually a little bigger than I thought it was going to be, which was a good thing.

I'm happy to have discovered this adapter, as I am now able to use my laptop as my home media pc with my projector and use this for my audio! W00t.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2011 6:10 PM PST