Profile for DebRedHed > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DebRedHed RSS Feed (Malden, MA USA)

Regeneration: Volume I & II
Regeneration: Volume I & II
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as some are making it out to be, November 30, 2012
Been a Styx fan since 1978 when I first heard Renegade. One thing I like about these rerecordings is they sound more like live. Most of the original recordings sound over-produced by comparison. They could have left off the Damn Yankees songs (come on, those guys were too old to be singing Coming of Age when it was a hit). And I don't care for this version of Renegade, probably because I have the most attachment to that one.

For everyone who thinks they're not Styx without Dennis - do you say the same about all bands who've had personnel changes over the years? There are more bands with changes than without. This is the most stable line-up they've ever had.

Styx: The Grand Illusion / Pieces Of Eight - Live
Styx: The Grand Illusion / Pieces Of Eight - Live
DVD ~ Styx
Price: $8.39
36 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love HD!, March 8, 2012
I first heard "Renegade" in 1979 at the age of 14, I'd like to say I've been a Styx fan ever since, but it would be a lie. They completely lost me with Kilroy. Though I tolerated "Paradise Theater", I've always been a huge fan of "Crystal Ball" through "Cornerstone" (I still have the vinyl). Other reviewers have written about the technical quality of the video, music, & stage show, and they're right, it's fantastic. I'm here to tell you, this is Styx the rock band. They didn't screw with what we know & love. No drama and the songs are all close to the original recordings, not rearranged because they're bored with their own music. Nothing ruins live music more than musicians who look unhappy performing. Tommy & JY look like they're having more fun now than 30 years ago. If their tour comes to Boston this summer, I'm there.

oh yeah, umm....Dennis who?
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 8:15 PM PDT

Hoover H3045 FloorMate SpinScrub Wide-Path Hard-Floor Cleaner
Hoover H3045 FloorMate SpinScrub Wide-Path Hard-Floor Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Before you buy this ......., February 11, 2009
Don't buy this machine if you want something to do a quick kitchen mop up after dinner. Don't buy this machine if you can't handle the truth when you discover that your floors are filthy despite your best efforts.
DO buy this machine if you want really clean floors without having to get on your hands & knees with a scrub brush. Mine arrived today, I put it together with the intention of trying it out in the front hall. It took me about 6 minutes to put it together and another 5 to scan the instructions. I have 70 year old red oak floors. I live with all boys, so I'm lucky if I can get them to hang up their coats, never mind remove their shoes when they come in the door. 90 minutes after I put it together my whole first floor is spotless. It did such a marvelous job on the front hall that I just kept going.
Some tips: 1. Do a good sweeping or vacuum with a real vacuum first. 2. Don't rush, think of it like a carpet shampooer for your floors. Work on small sections of floor at a time. Empty the dirty water tank and rinse all it's parts every time you fill the the fresh water tank. 3. Use hot, hot tap water (you don't have to use the expensive cleaner, white vinegar works just fine). 4. Don't think using it will be quick and easy. It took me longer to do my floors with this than with a mop, but the return on the time investment was much greater! I won't use this every day, probably every other week or so, and I'll never go back to a mop!!!