Profile for Aaron Didlake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aaron Didlake RSS Feed (Texas)

Stay on My Side Tonight
Stay on My Side Tonight
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $25.74
42 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome LP, October 18, 2005
This review is from: Stay on My Side Tonight (Audio CD)
yeah, so I never write reviews on amazon, but Jimmy Eat World deserves all the accolades that they can get. I first got into them with their release of Futures. After having completely fallen in love with that album, I bought Bleed American and decided that they were right up there with my other favorite bands.

Anyways, this album is awesome. Short, sweet, and to the point, it creates a whole different Jimmy Eat World sound than I have heard before.

1. Disintegration. This song is so different from any other JEW song that I have heard. It definitely has a darker tone to it, bringing you far far away from the creators of Sweetness and Authority Song. Awesome song, both lyrically and musically. 5/5

2. Over. I absolutely love this song! Typical song about relationships breaking up, but Jim's voice in this song is almost moving. I love the harmonies in this song. Jimmy Eat World is definitely on the right track for another great album. (All worth the ending) 6/5

3. Closer. Another awesome song. Has an amazing guitar solo near the end. This song is a good example of their new sound shifting. This song slowly builds and leaves you wanting more. 5/5

4. Half Right. This song, though having explicit lyrics (one drop of the F bomb for no particular reason) is still right up there on the best songs list. Love it 5/5

5. The remix song of Drugs or Me on the Futures album. For anyone who knows the song off of the previous album, they will enjoy this nostalgic trip back to that amazing album. Kind of odd, but okay nevertheless.

buy it! my, my, better next time, stay on my side tonight, oh woah.

Redemption Songs
Redemption Songs
Price: $13.99
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Jars of Clay proves themselves again., April 11, 2005
This review is from: Redemption Songs (Audio CD)
How can I start? When I think of good times, I think of Jars of Clay! Jars of clay is awesome!

J: Jars of Clay is awesome!

A: Aaron loves Jars of Clay (and I am Aaron, but if your name is aaron too, than I'm sure you'll love Jars of Clay)

R: Really! Great Album!

S: Stupendously great!

O: Ohhh, you'll be upset if you don't buy it.

F: Fa-shig-a-dell doesn't come close to saying how great it is.

C: Clearly, you need this album.

L: Love is the thing this time, I'm sure. and I couldn't need you more now.

A: Anyone who doesn't own this album will regret it!

Y: Yes! Thanks for the purchase.

No, but seriously, this is their best work to date. Each album always goes beyond it's predecessor in more ways than I thought possible. Yes, my favorite album before this was Who We Are Instead, but now it's Redemption Songs.

My favorite tracks include:

Everyone.

buy this album. you'll love it.

Who We Are Instead
Who We Are Instead
Offered by Speedy CD
Price: $14.47
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Again and again and again, November 7, 2003
This review is from: Who We Are Instead (Audio CD)
Jars of Clay. Everytime I even hear the name mentioned, quoted, or passed in an ongoing sentence, it always throws me into a loophole of the past 5+ years that I have been listening to the band. Ever since the original self-titled debut album, I have been following Jars of Clay and their music has just gotten better and better. Before November 4, my all-time favorite Jars album was The Eleventh Hour. How does every album they release always live up to the previous album and surpass it time after time? Surely, the Eleventh Hour, with awesome songs like Disappear, Something Beautiful, Fly, I Need You, and the Edge of Water get any better? Well, with the amazing album of Who We Are Instead, I am again quickly reminded that Jars of Clay has held the standard of Christian music and there has never yet been a band to match them as soon as they entered the scene. Whether or not you are a Jars of Clay fan, buy this album, because you will be most pleased with it, I am sure. Get the deluxe edition too, because it has the most amazing song of Tonight on there and it is awesome! It has a "Rose colored stained glass windows" sound to it. Jars of Clay is the best, I hope and pray they continue making albums!