Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 186

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Yorktown, VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Sue Saad and the Next
Sue Saad and the Next
19 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Sue Saad and the Next (Vinyl)
I have wanted to get this on a CD for many many years. I love this album and can't understand how so much junk could be released and not this gem.

I'm pleased that Amazon will be selling it in mp3 format but I would much rather have this in a higher fidelity medium like a CD. I hope that will be forthcoming since this is a very deserving but totally shortchanged album.

I've noticed that there are 3 songs added to the mp3 title list that were not on the vinyl album I used to have back in the 80s.

Rock of Ages [Blu-ray]
Rock of Ages [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Julianne Hough
Price: $9.15
87 used & new from $2.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall I really liked it, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Rock of Ages [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a bit of a contrived movie but if you just go with it it's fun. I liked the music and it brought back a lot of memories for me. The main thing I didn't like about it is Alec Baldwin! That guy can't sing and is, in my opinion, a really lousy actor. They could've replaced him with any of a thousand other actors out there and the movie would've been better.

Philips DVD-R 16x 4.7GB 100PK Spindle
Philips DVD-R 16x 4.7GB 100PK Spindle
Offered by Power NetShop
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $19.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I hate the disk holder, April 11, 2013
I really hate the flimsy way these dvds are housed. After you remove the paper label the sides of the disks are exposed. There is nothing on the side; only a top, a bottom, and a spindle. I have got fairly decent results with the disks themselves; roughly 9 out of 10 have worked fine for me and the recorder I use.

However, because of the lousy way the disks are stored, I will never buy these again; or any other blank disks that use this kind of cheap housing to protect the dvds. I suppose they were able to save a few pennies per sale but ultimately, it was a terrible decision to pack the dvds this way and I expect will really hurt their sales.

Raven That Refused To Sing (Steven Wilson) [Blu-ray Audio]
Raven That Refused To Sing (Steven Wilson) [Blu-ray Audio]
DVD ~ Steven Wilson
Price: $14.89
31 used & new from $10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, March 2, 2013
After getting this a couple of days ago, it is now one of my very favorite albums of all time!

The sound quality is outstanding.

I too, like so many others, wish the Blu-Ray package had come with a CD or MP3 download.

Still, I'd buy this again with no hesitation if I didn't already have it or if I somehow lost it.

Axe Waterless Dry Shampoo Foam Reset, 5.07 Ounce
Axe Waterless Dry Shampoo Foam Reset, 5.07 Ounce
Offered by Quality 1 HBA
Price: $4.21
20 used & new from $0.63

4.0 out of 5 stars It Really Works, February 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my mom and I to share. We both wake up with the worst bed-head, and the only way to get our hair in place is to thoroughly wet it down and blowdry. I thought this might save us some time, and it did. When I first squirted the foam out, I expected it to work like a typical hair-styling mousse. To my surprise, it performed better. Typical hair mousse applied to my dry hair doesn’t have much effect, but this did. It saved me time because my hair was not soaking wet, but pliable enough to blow-dry into place. Also, with the heat of the blowdryer, I expected my oily roots to be in issue. Somehow, the Axe shampoo eliminated the oil, and left my hair looking and smelling clean. It did not leave a heavy product residue, either. The only con I have is the scent was obviously masculine, but pleasant. Once the shampoo dried, the scent was really nothing to be concerned about. Mom and I may have had better results than some other reviewers because we started with hair that had no other product residue in it… just needed a shampoo. Also, mom and I both have short hair. I would hesitate to use that masculine scent if I had long tresses. Overall, I think the product performed as promised, and saves me time when I’m in a rush and need to get that bedhead under control.

Printronic Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 74XL HP 75XL (3 Black, 2 Color)

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, February 26, 2013
If you buy a remanufactured product that works, and has no problems, and it costs less than a comparable new one, then it is a good deal. I continue to be happy with the cartridges I bought.

10CC - In Concert
10CC - In Concert
DVD ~ 10cc
Price: $17.96
23 used & new from $10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it immediately, February 23, 2013
This review is from: 10CC - In Concert (DVD)
10cc has been around a while and they have a lot of really great material. The audio and video quality of this release is very very good. I only wish it had been released as a Blu-Ray. It certainly deserves that treatment. Still, the DVD's quality is as good as that format gets.

The guys perform most of their best material and they don't show their age. The quality of their musicianmanship and singing is all top notch!

If this is released on Blu-Ray, I'll buy it again. You should too!

2112 [CD + 5.1 Audio Blu-Ray Deluxe Edition]
2112 [CD + 5.1 Audio Blu-Ray Deluxe Edition]
Price: $27.99
32 used & new from $14.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm excited to have this, February 23, 2013
I don't think I need to tell anyone how great this classic album is so I'll just keep my remarks to this new version. It is really really excellent!!! First of all, and most important, is the sound and it is as good as it gets. Both the stereo and surround versions sound absolutely fantastic. If that's not enough then there is the comic book style story board that you get to watch and navigate through while you listen to it. I've always liked this album but until watching and reading the accompanying picture book I never really understood what the songs were about.

I love this and recommend it most highly. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat knowing what I know now.

I sincerely hope that this idea of taking a classic album and putting it back out in this kind of format catches on and that we'll start seeing more of this sort of thing. I'll want to buy them all! That said, Rush's "2112" is not my personal favorite Rush album. That honor goes to "Farewell to Kings". I'll be holding my breath until they release that one in a similar manner; storyboard, remastering, and in surround sound. I'll be one of the very first to purchase it if released! :)

Dove Bar Soap, Rebalance, 8 Count
Dove Bar Soap, Rebalance, 8 Count
Offered by Especially For You, LLC
Price: $16.56
10 used & new from $13.78

5.0 out of 5 stars I Keep Reaching For It, February 8, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
On the advice of my dermatologist, I normally use Dove White Beauty Bar unscented for my sensitive, dry skin. I love using scented bath products on occasion, so I gave Rebalance a try. I was surprised that a soap with such a strong scent coming from the packaging could be so moisturizing and gentle. It's a fruity floral fragrance that makes my morning shower feel luxurious, and I find that the scent really doesn't linger on my skin after bathing. It lathers well, cleanses without drying, and I feel comfortable using it on my face as well as body. At first I didn't think much of fragrance, but then I noticed that I am always reaching for this soap in lieu of other soaps and body washes I have in the shower! I will definitely be purchasing more of this soap!

So Essential Himalayan Bath Salts by Solay 5-Pound Fine Grain
So Essential Himalayan Bath Salts by Solay 5-Pound Fine Grain

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Relaxing, February 4, 2013
I'm sure that the use of this bath salt is theraputic and I like it for that reason. However, I do not plan to purchase it again since it seems that it has particles in it that do not dissolve into the bath water; even after an hour. There remains a lot of sharp needlelike grains that I find quite irritating; a bit like laying on shards of glass. Seriously, a piece lodged in my back and caused it to bleed!

I don't know if the sharp grains are because the product isn't pure or what but using it is not a pleasant experience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19