Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Taylor Larimore > Reviews

Browse

Taylor Larimore's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Taylor Larimore RSS Feed (Miami, Florida)

Final Exit: The Practicalities of Self-Deliverance and Assisted Suicide for the Dying, 3rd Edition
by Derek Humphry
Price: $13.24
104 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars At age 92, I want to leave quickly to ..., May 11, 2016
At age 92, I want to leave quickly to spare my loved-ones (and me) the financial cost and personal stress of caring for an invalid with no hope of recovery. When the end is near we put to sleep our pets to end their suffering. We should do the same for humans .

Taylor

If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Slowly
If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Slowly
by William J. Bernstein
Price: $5.99
38 used & new from $3.06

5.0 out of 5 stars This may be the best book ever written for young first-time investors, October 12, 2015
This may be the best book ever written for young first-time investors. On page 1 Doctor Bernstein lists 3 total market index funds that will "outperform 90% of finance professionals" and make a young investor a millionaire. Investing doesn't get much simpler than that.

The Clash of the Cultures: Investment vs. Speculation
The Clash of the Cultures: Investment vs. Speculation
Price: $22.54
100 used & new from $8.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, August 23, 2012
Jack Bogle, has published his tenth book in which he shares his unparalleled experience in the mutual fund industry. I have followed Jack Bogle's teachings since "Saint Jack" was featured on the cover of "Mutual Fund" magazine. Thanks to what we have learned from "Saint Jack," we like to say "We live in the house that Jack built."

In his latest book, "Clash of the Cultures," Mr. Bogle tells us what he thinks is wrong with our investment system and how to fix it. He tells individual investors how to avoid mistakes and how to successfully meet our investment goals. Mr. Bogle's brilliant mind, strength of character and beautiful prose, make "The Clash of Cultures" a one-of-a-kind book to treasure. -- Taylor Larimore

Index Funds: The 12-Step Recovery Program for Active Investors
Index Funds: The 12-Step Recovery Program for Active Investors
by Mark T. Hebner
Price: $7.99
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Hebner's beautiful new book, June 19, 2012
I own the original and much larger, "Index Funds" book by author, Mark Hebner. I was pleased to see he has updated the original with a shorter edition. I wasted no time reading it.

I have read hundred's of financial books and this book is the most beautiful with dozens of artistic pictures and graphs to give the reader an enjoyable reading experience. Mr. Hebner uses his vast knowledge of stock market history to inform and persuade, even the most skeptical, that indexing is now the smart way for individuals to invest. Jack Bogle will be pleased.

Miami, Florida
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 5:12 PM PST

Common Sense on Mutual Funds: Fully Updated  10th Anniversary Edition
Common Sense on Mutual Funds: Fully Updated 10th Anniversary Edition
Price: $19.24
76 used & new from $11.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Bogle continues to give ordinary investors "a fair shake.", December 5, 2009
I read Jack Bogle's first book, "Bogle on Mutual Funds" in 1994. It changed my investing life forever--and for the better. We often say: "We live in the house that Jack Built."

I have read all of Mr. Bogle's books and learned from every one. He is a gifted writer with an unequaled background in investing. Fortune magazine designated him as one of the investment industry's four "Giants of the 20th Century." He instituted the first index mutual fund which became the largest mutual fund in the world, and he also founded the only mutual fund owned by its shareholders (Vanguard).

"Common Sense on Mutual Funds (updated) is actually, two books in one. It is his first edition written 10-years ago with charts and data completely updated. In addition, throughout the book, is Jack's commentary on the many changes that have taken place during the past 10 years and how it relates to what he wrote in the original edition. I found it notable that the common sense advice Mr. Bogle dispensed in the first book has stood the test of time remarkably well.

"Common Sense on Mutual Funds--Fully Updated" deserves a place on the bookshelf of every serious investor.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2016 1:10 PM PDT

Investing in Income Properties: The Big Six Formula for Achieving Wealth in Real Estate
by Kenneth D. Rosen
Price: $37.72
43 used & new from $11.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Investing in Income Properties, August 23, 2008
I have just finished reading "Investing in Income Properties by Kenneth D. Rosen.

I can't imagine a better book on the subject for non-professional investors in real estate income property. Mr. Rosen has written this great book in plain English and in a very logical manner that ordinary investors can understand (something hard to find in books written by professional's)

Before retiring, we were heavily invested in income real estate. As I think back about how we floundered around trying to get reliable advice, I can only imagine how much time and anguish we would would have saved had we had been able to read Ken's book beforehand.

As I said, "I can't imagine a better book on the subject." 5-stars PLUS.

By Taylor Larimore, co-author of "Bogleheads' Guide to Investing."

The Only Guide to a Winning Bond Strategy You'll Ever Need: The Way Smart Money Preserves Wealth Today
by Larry E. Swedroe
Price: $28.87
68 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding book about bonds for individual investors., March 22, 2006
I have read many books about bonds. Most are highly technical and beyond comprehension by ordinary investors.

"The Only Guide to a Winning Bond Stratey You'll Ever Need," by Larry Swedroe and Joseph Hampen, is just what the title implies--a book that gives its reader, in understandable language, all the information he or she needs to select the fixed income investments required in a well diversified portfolio.

I recommend this book highly for anyone who wants to know more about bonds and other fixed income securities.

The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism
The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism
146 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism", October 1, 2005
Jack Bogle, often called the "concience of the industry," has written a powerful book on a subject that concerns every American--"capitalism." As founder and retired CEO of the second largest mutual fund company in the world, Mr. Bogle understands capitalism. He has the unusual ability (for a businessman) to write beautifully, logically and understandably for the average reader. "The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism" is the result.

The thrust of Mr. Bogle's message (documented over and over) is that corporations are now controlled by their managers--not by their owners (shareholders). (The average CEO compensation has soared to 280 times that of the average worker.) Mr. Bogle deftly lays out the problem, but more importantly, he gives us the solution that will return capitalism to its owners and value creation. I could not put the book down.

Taylor Larimore,

Character Counts : The Creation and Building of the Vanguard Group
Character Counts : The Creation and Building of the Vanguard Group
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "Character Counts", April 12, 2002
I can't imagine anyone more qualified to write a book titled "Character Counts" than Jack Bogle--often called "The Concience of the Industry." I have read his other books, and his writing gets better and better.
With newspaper headlines describing the ethical failures of Enron, Arthur Anderson, and others, "Character Counts" could not come at a better time. The book is primarily the speeches of Chairman Bogle to his "crew" at the Vanguard company which he founded 27 years ago. A significant portion of the book contains pages bordered in black which explain the phenominal growth of Vanguard and what is happening between speeches.
It is exhilarating and reassuring to read words such as these from the CEO of the second largest mutual fund company in the world:
"Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth--with no strings attached--and let the chips fall where they may."
"Good ethics is good business."
"One of my principal concerns has been that growth not be allowed to deprive us of the character that got us here in the first place."
"Our shareholders. We must never let them down."
"Treat human beings--from the highest to the humblest--with respect and honor"
"Do what's right. If you're not sure, ask your boss."
"We are utterly committed to a policy that puts a premium on human dignity. We shall succeed by example--from the very top down--and violations will simply not be tolerated."
I finished this book today. Its author, Jack Bogle, sets an example of how to run a business--and live life to the fullest (with a failing heart that eventually was replaced.) "Character Counts" should be required reading for every CEO in American. Whether you are a CEO, a small businessman, or an ordinary worker, "Character Counts" is an easy to read guideline for success and happiness in our daily lives. I give it 5-stars.