Profile for RomanceWriter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 85

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RomanceWriter RSS Feed (Apex, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Enjoying the Chase (Guarded Hearts Book 2)
Enjoying the Chase (Guarded Hearts Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this SO MUCH, August 14, 2014
Not only was this one of the funniest, sexiest, un-put-downable books I've read so far this year, it had something that you just don't read about very often - a H who owns up to his mistake. ****SLIGHT SPOILERS**** About a third of the way into the book, there's a huge misunderstanding that really tears the H apart, and he does something stupid - something that is usually a giant no-go for me in romance books. But this time, instead of there being a hundred pages of drama and angst over it, the H actually fesses up, admits his mistake, it's dealt with and - gasp! - they move on. No overblown drama, no hidden secrets. When they are confronted with the "mistake" later on, it's one of the funniest scenes in the book.

I loved everything about this book - I loved DJ, I loved Nate, I loved Rosie, I even loved Seth! Can't wait to read more of this author's work!

Dylan's Redemption: Book Three: The McBrides
Dylan's Redemption: Book Three: The McBrides
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, August 13, 2014
This was just ok. The first two books in this series were far more entertaining, this one was like a long, drawn-out soap opera. The "villain" mother was sooo over the top, the conversations between the H and h were repeated chapter after chapter (I can't tell you what's wrong / ok I'll tell you but I don't want to hurt you / I'm so sorry / I don't want to dwell on it anymore / but I'm so sorry / it wasn't your fault / but I'm really so sorry....). And on and on and on.....

I did finish it, but it took me days instead of hours like usual, and I was left feeling just "meh" instead of an "wow that was good!"

The Guarded Widow (Spangler Sisters Book 1)
The Guarded Widow (Spangler Sisters Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally annoying woman, August 5, 2014
The heroine in this book was one of the most annoying I've ever read. Throughout the entire book she was hissing, snarling, sneering, and huffing at the hero, even after they'd established that they were together. Honestly, this woman sounded like one unhappy person, all the way to the end. I kept wondering what the hero saw in her, but maybe he's one of those guys who likes his ladies to act like a cat with their tail caught under a rocker.

When Day Breaks (A KGI Novel)
When Day Breaks (A KGI Novel)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate to say it, but..., June 26, 2014
This was BORING. I cringe as I write that, because come on - this is Maya Banks we're talking about. She doesn't write boring. But that's what this was - totally, completely, without a doubt, one of the most boring books I've ever read. Swanny did nothing for me - I'm all for my alpha men having a soft side, but this guy was a puddle of goo. Sunshine, sweetness, rainbows, beauty, light, etc etc etc. Boring. Eden was just too much of everything - too good, too beautiful, too sweet, too pure. Gag me.

The plot was boring. Not much happened. I ended up clicking through the pages as fast as I could near the end, just to finish it. What in the world happened to my KGI men??? They're all cookoo over their babies (which was the funniest part of the whole book) and left their badass selves on a shelf somewhere. I guess there's more stories to come in this series (Joe, Edge, Skylar) but I don't know if I'll be reading them. Definitely will not be pre-ordering.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 1:48 PM PDT

Stay (The Command Series Book 1)
Stay (The Command Series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was GOOD!!, June 17, 2014
Here's what you'll get: Hot romance, strong characters, creepy bad guy, believable situations (mostly, it is fiction after all), and some serious twists to the story that will completely throw you for a loop! I'm talking about the kind of twists that had me sitting up in my chair, worried and wondering how in the world the author was going to fix it. I especially liked that there was a clear HEA, no cliffhangers. Can't wait for the Sean and Kara's story!

Utterly Sluttily (A funny erotic romance novel)
Utterly Sluttily (A funny erotic romance novel)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest books I've read!, May 14, 2014
Loved this - Daisy was hilarious and Nathan was perfect. Some highlights:

- the mystery of which came first, the chicken or the egg, is solved (LOL!!!)
- water aerobics can be very "revealing"
- bigger isn't always better
- be careful when cleaning that spot off someone else's clothes...

Can't wait to read more from this author!

Pure Heat (Firehawks)
Pure Heat (Firehawks)
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not feeling it, May 9, 2014
I love M.L. Buchman, I've loved every one of his books thus far. This one, not so much. It has nothing to do with the fact that the setting is different; it has more to do with the characters, and how I never felt like I got to know them like the folks in the Bagram Ops or SOAR series. The interactions between main and supporting characters was non-existent. There is not a single supporting character that I'm looking forward to reading about next. We do get to see the Majors in their new careers, and Kee Stevenson makes an appearance, which was nice.

Carly, the h, is all over the map, and very hard to like - one minute she's a b!tch on wheels to anyone who looks at her, the next she's all sweet, the next she's letting Steve kiss her, then she's pushing him away...we're not really told why, and throughout the entire book I never got a good read on Carly. I understand that she's felt loss, but other than that I got absolutely nothing from her. She was very one-dimensional to me.

Steve, on the other hand, was very well written. I completely "got" his emotions, his actions, his reasoning. He was dead-set on Carly from the minute he saw her, and never waivered from that. He had a lot to overcome, and watching him work his way through his issues was great. Steve was easy to understand, empathize with, and like.

The story got bogged down by too many technical details, in my opinion. While we're used to lots and lots of descriptive narrative with this author - and that's usually one of the highlights of his writing - this time the details were just boring to me. I ended up skipping page after page of explanations of how fire retardant works, or how the nozzle fits onto the bucket of water, or how much weight the Firehawk can carry, or how a drone is assembled, etc. I just didn't care about any of this; it actually dragged me out of the story, instead of drawing me in more.

All in all, I still love this author and will look for more books in this series. I'm hoping the next will offer something more like what we're used to seeing.

Promise Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo Book 3)
Promise Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars It just went nowhere, April 21, 2014
I had high hopes for this, the synopsis sounded great and there were some pretty decent reviews. But honestly, the book just went nowhere. There were characters introduced for seemingly no reason, plot lines started that were never explained, the main characters spent MAYBE 10 pages together (not kidding) in the entire book, and then BAM it's over. I was shocked to look down and see I was at 93% and there was still so much more to be resolved. Maybe this is a series, and some of the loose ends will be tied up in later books...??? I'm not sure I'm impressed with this one enough to read more. Just my opinion.

Ghost of Willow's Past (The Night Stalkers)
Ghost of Willow's Past (The Night Stalkers)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, April 21, 2014
Love how the author weaves the past and present into one story, using the thoughts of Old Willow and New Willow as characters. Really short, but absolutely perfect.

Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel Book 4)
Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel Book 4)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, April 16, 2014
This is one of those books that, when you finish, you put it down and just sigh happily. It was for me, anyway. I can't come up with any negatives about this story. Maylee was sweet but determined, Griffin was pompous but lonely. Yes, he treated her like dirt for a while, and yes she had some "southern-isms" that were a little cliche, but overall this was an extremely enjoyable book. Personally, I liked it far more than the last one with Reece and Audrey. Griffin and Maylee were perfect together, and I loved watching them get their HEA. Also liked the little preview of Johnathan's story, coming up next!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9