Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 155

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Dromida Kodo UAV Quadcopter RTF with Camera
Dromida Kodo UAV Quadcopter RTF with Camera
Price: $60.55
14 used & new from $59.97

1.0 out of 5 stars My copy proved useless, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm disappointed as I had high hopes for this little guy. Perhaps my copy wasn't properly balanced, but it was nearly impossible to fly. In fact, the Kodo such a lilt that it blew into a neighboring construction site and is gone forever. Either it's too difficult for an adult (who works as a user-interface designer for one of the largest high-tech companies) to fly or it suffers from poor quality control. Either way, you can find something far more reliable and/or entertaining for you money.

(Sale) $13.95 (1) Turntable Toys TC-8 Cork Audiophile Turntable Mat (1/8" thickness) ,Enhances Details,Mid & Low Bass and Emotions
Offered by Audio 456
Price: $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Replace your felt mat with this!, November 11, 2014
Worth the money. Cork is a wonderful surface for your vinyl. It helps reduce static and vibration. In addition, it looks great. I replaced the thin felt mat that came with my Pro-ject Debut Carbon 2M-R turntable with this 1/8" mat and it's a drastic improvement. Not only is it a functional addition to your deck, but it looks retro-modern.

JAPONESQUE Luminous Foundation, Shade 04
JAPONESQUE Luminous Foundation, Shade 04
Price: $36.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive coverage, November 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first experience with JAPONESQUE products and I'm impressed. I've been using the Luminous Foundation for about two weeks and my skin looks radiant when it's applied. A small amount covers like a much thicker foundation and it last all day. I love the pump on the bottle: it distributes just the right amount of product and keeps the foundation from building up inside the cap. The only complaint I have is that the foundation doesn't breathe as well as other products I've used. My skin feels like it's suffocating a bit underneath.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser, 6.75 fl. oz.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser, 6.75 fl. oz.
Price: $22.00
2 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective in less than a week!, November 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this cleanser once a day for a week and I've already seen noticeable improvement. The solution has the perfect texture—just enough viscosity to easily smooth onto the skin. Rub it in and it produces an abundance of foam that gets into every crevice. My skin feels incredibly clean after I've used this product. One of my favorite aspects of the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser is the smell. It has a light, herbal scent. Refreshing given the cosmetic industry's overuse of perfume in products that don't need it.

Natural Balance Fat Cats Low Calorie Dry Cat Formula, 15-Pounds
Natural Balance Fat Cats Low Calorie Dry Cat Formula, 15-Pounds
Price: $33.99
14 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it some time! Made a huge difference for my cat after 2 months., October 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My rescue cat has weight issues. I feed her wet food in the morning and then a bit of dry food in the evening. She absolutely loved her previous dry food, so much so that she would often try to trick me into feeding it to her twice by pretending she hadn't eaten already.

For about three weeks I've been feeding her Natural Balance Fat Cats instead of the food she loved. Clearly she's not a fan as she no longer tries to trick me into feeding her twice. In fact, each morning when I pick up her bowl to clean it out and feed her her wet food, there's leftover Fat Cats in the dish. An activity previously unheard of!

That said, she's losing weight because she doesn't obsess over this food! This is fine by me since she doesn't seem to be complaining. However, I've noticed an over increase in flatulent since I put her on the Natural Balance. If her system doesn't correct for this soon, I may need to switch her to something else before I've used up the bag.

UPDATE: Changing from 3 stars to 5 stars. She's now been on Natural Balance for almost 2 months and I'm seeing noticeable differences. First off, she likes the food now. But more importantly, she showing some remarkable changes: 1. Her coast is fantastic and her dandruff is nearly gone. 2. She's become more regular in the litter box. 3. Her weight is stable.

OXO Good Grips Healthy Portions Analog Scale, 16-Ounce
OXO Good Grips Healthy Portions Analog Scale, 16-Ounce
Price: $12.99
5 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for portioning and recipes, October 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice little scale. It's not meant to be a precision instrument, but rather to help you gauge the appropriate portions of food. That said, it's a useful little tool for when recipes call for things like "4 oz of spinach" or "8 oz of blueberries". I will typically just guesstimate using a measuring cup, but those are intended for liquids and not dry foods. This little scale helps with that. The fact that it packs up so compactly means that it can easily slip into your kitchenwares drawer.

SmartyKat Feather Whirl Cat Toy Electronic Motion Ball
SmartyKat Feather Whirl Cat Toy Electronic Motion Ball
Price: $14.97
9 used & new from $14.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My toy-hating cat loves it!, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fantastic cat toy. Take it from me, because my cat is ambivalent to toys. She was neglected before I adopted her and never learned how to play.

Enter the SmartyKat FeatherWhirl! This toy is far more engaging than you'd think. The feather doesn't just spin in place. The algorithm twists and twitches it in a variety of patterns so it appears alive. The first time I showed it to her, she just wanted to watch it and I thought "Here's another great toy she isn't interested in." But, the second time I turned it on, she interacted with it for quite a while.

I love this toy because it's quiet! I can set it on the rug while I'm watching tv or reading a book and my cat is entertained. It's also great when you want to distract your cat (e.g., to keep her off your keyboard, etc.).

LEGO Architecture: The Visual Guide
LEGO Architecture: The Visual Guide
by Philip Wilkinson
Price: $22.00
46 used & new from $18.55

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect companion cookbook for the LEGO Architecture Studio!, October 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a weighty compendium of LEGO's Architecture series. It's a great coffee table or waiting room book as it lends itself well to browsing. However, where this book really shines is as a companion to the massive LEGO Architecture Studio.

LEGO Architecture: The Visual Guide is like a cookbook for the LEGO Architecture Studio! The two together are a perfect, rainy day activity for kids of any age. The book shows you how each structure is put together using an exploded axonometric drawing. You can't build everything in the book with the Architecture Studio (i.e., most structures, like the Space Needle, require custom parts that are only found in the individual kits), but you can approximate many of the buildings. Definitely a fun and creative way to explore LEGOs and architecture in a way that is less prescriptive.

Neoflam Retro 3qt Covered Cast Aluminum Stockpot with Ecolon Non-Stick Coating
Neoflam Retro 3qt Covered Cast Aluminum Stockpot with Ecolon Non-Stick Coating
Price: $61.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, everyday line of cookware with attractive, neoclassical styling, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a Le Creuset dutch oven. I love it, but it's such a beast that I rarely pull it out for everyday cooking. In addition, I have a Calphalon hard anodized cook set. The Neoflam Retro is a fantastic addition to my stockpot arsenal. Here's why:

I love the look of my Le Creuset pot, but my day-to-day cooking rarely requires a whole dutch oven. Plus it's heavy and cumbersome to pull out and clean when you just want to make a quick meal.

My Calphalon cook set has great, professional pans, but as with all pans that aren't "non-stick", you have to be very careful when you cook with them so your don't have a lot to clean up.

Enter the new, neoclassical Neoflam line. It brings all the style and retro elegance of Calphalon into your kitchen, but in a lightweight reinterpretation. The non-stick surface is perfect for everyday cooking. I was able to throw a quick soup together after work while being completely distracted by a dozen other things. The pot heats evenly and quickly. I left some garlic cooking for too long and the Neoflam was very forgiving. I love the steam vent, which helps keep the pot from over flowing...again, so I don't have to watch it. Cleanup was a breeze!

Overall the Neoflam is a well-designed, everyday line.

Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Price: $13.16
23 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fun, Fun!, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I travelled to New York to visit my friend and her family. They have two children—a girl (8) and a boy (10). Because of its small size, I slipped Roll for It! into my luggage, figuring our three-adult, two-child group would make for a perfect review. Overall, the game was fantastic. All three adults (in our 30s and 40s) and both children loved it. In fact, the children loved it so much that I left it with them and they continue to play it regularly. (And I am about to order another copy for myself!)

PROS

1. EASY TO LEARN: Watch the video on the Amazon detail page to learn quickly learn how to play this game. Our group was up and running immediately after we watched the video.
2. SIMPLY CLEVER: Once you learn how to play, you'll be surprised by clever the game is. It doesn't require a lot of rules or parts and is infinitely more enjoyable than games that do.
3. PERFECT MIX OF STRATEGY AND RANDOM: Dice and card games are inherently random and Roll for It! is no different, but just like the most well-oiled strategy game, Roll for It! requires a the constant assessment of resource allocation. Do you go for collecting lots of low-value cards? Or prefer to try your hand at collecting a few high-value cards?
4. AGE DOESN'T MATTER: This game is fun regardless of age. It's often difficult to find a game that is enjoyable for both the children and the adults. Well this is it!
5. TIME: The games take about 20 to 30 minutes each. Perfect amount to play a quick game or several games over the course of a couple hours. (Expect the kids to ask to squeeze one more in!)

CONS

1. PRICE: The only con I have is price. This game could be about half as expensive, because you'll likely want to buy both the red and purple editions to play with larger groups.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16