Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Browse

Amy S.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 197

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Crest 3D White Brilliance Daily Cleansing Toothpaste and Whitening Gel System, 2.3 oz
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value that's easy to use, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is a reasonable and easy way to whiten your teeth. I noticed a difference after my first use and continue to use it on an as-needed basis. The Crest 3D System won't replace your preferred toothpaste, because you should only use it once a day; hence, you end up with three tooth-brushing products (which is sort of annoying if you have limited space). One minor annoyance is the fact that the two bottles are different: Step 1 has an easy-to-use flip top cap. Step 2 has a screw top. Not sure why the difference.

Toshiba Satellite S55-C5262 15.6-Inch Laptop
Toshiba Satellite S55-C5262 15.6-Inch Laptop
Price: $942.34
16 used & new from $929.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent desktop replacement with a gorgeous screen!, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Toshiba Satellite is a fantastic, sub-$1000 computer. It hits all the right notes and should be considered by anyone looking for a responsive desktop replacement machine.

PROS
• SCREEN: First and foremost, the screen is absolutely gorgeous. As a design professional, I rely on color and clarity to make critical decisions in my work and I spend my days staring at monitors and laptop screens from all the big, computer makers. This is by FAR the best screen I've looked at on a laptop (and that includes Macs). I can't believe how crisp text is: Web pages practically sing.
• FAST: This system is optimized for Windows 10 and it shows. I've found nary a delay over the week that I've used it.
• KEYBOARD: The haptics of the Satellite's keyboard are spot on. While the full-size keyboard does mean that, on my lap, my right arm is stretched a bit further across my body than I'd like, it's not a problem on tabletops. The keys are perfectly spaced and the keyboard is quiet.
• PORTS: While many computer makers are moving away from ports as they release laptops, Toshiba took the opposite tack. If you have something you need to plug into your laptop, there are plenty of options. When I first fired up the machine, I was delighted to find a rare, built-in Ethernet port. I used it to quickly download Windows 10 Pro and install it on my machine. With three USB ports, and SD card slot, Ethernet, HDMI, and even a media drive (!), you're set to up- and download your content (which I find I'm doing a lot, because I love this screen!).
• QUIET: This machine is made for media and, as a result, it runs quietly. I've taxed it by playing games (even streamed from my Xbox--a new feature of Windows 10), watching Netflix, and playing music at full volume while working on graphics files and it handles all of that without sounding like it's about to take off and launch into outer space.
• TRACKPAD: The trackpad has a nice surface that adds just a bit of friction to enhance accuracy. Overall I've found it to be responsive, though I prefer to use a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse - Black (which shines on this system).

CONS
• BUILD QUALITY: The build quality of the Satellite line is more of a light-weight, consumer friendly style. I find it's perfect for moving from room to room in my house, but I'd be a bit concerned if my needs involved heavy movement (e.g., in and out of a backpack and shuttled around a campus). The battery, which sits at the back of the machine where I typically pick it up, has a bit more play than I'd like. Toshiba was definitely making some decisions to keep this thing light in the face of all of it's features and size. As a result, it's not a rugged laptop like say a Macbook or Thinkpad.
• ERGONOMICS: As mentioned before, the full-size keyboard makes for an awkward hand position when using this machine on your lap. In addition, there's a distinct edge at the seam where the metal keyboard surface meets the plastic body of the computer. I find this irritates my arms with extended use (yes, I know I shouldn't be resting my arms on the computer).
• BATTERY LIFE: So far the battery life on this laptop is not that great. I suspect it's draining due to the high-quality screen, as it seems to only last about 4 hours when only doing light-weight activities like browsing or responding to email. Hopefully a patch from Toshiba is in the works.

All in all, the cons don't outweigh the pros with this machine. I'm incredibly happy with it. Since I got it, my elder Macbook Air and iMac have been collecting dust because I can't resist the siren song of the Satellite's gorgeous screen.

Cat's Pride C47712 Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Premium Unscented Hypoallergenic Multi-Cat Scoop Litter, 12-Pound
Price: $13.99
6 used & new from $12.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product: Less smell and easy to use., August 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My go-to litter was the expensive (and heavy) Dr Elsey's Cat Attract Litter. I used it because my rescue cat had inappropriate urination issues due to neglect. Now that her issues have waned, I was excited to try a lighter, less-expensive litter. Enter Cat's Pride Fresh and Light.

So far, my cat's using the litter as she was Cat Attract. In addition, I've noticed a distinct lessening of litter dust and detritus in the bathroom that hosts her box. While I scoop every day, there is significantly less residual odor than other litters I've used. So I'm very excited about that.

I also love the container. Cat Attract came in a bag and litter always ended up all over my pantry. Cat's Pride comes in an easy-to-life container with a pour spout. Great for quickly adding litter to the box. And the lid keeps it in the container when not in use.

Overall I'm very happy with this product and will be purchasing it from now on!

Lumo Lift - Posture Coach and Activity Tracker
Lumo Lift - Posture Coach and Activity Tracker
Price: $79.99
38 used & new from $55.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Loads of potential!, August 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lumo Lift is a very compelling v1 product. I would love to give it 5 stars, because I love the concept so much. However, there are a few things that are preventing me from falling in love with this product that counter the things I like.

PROS

CONCEPT: What a great concept. Kudos to the team for coming up with something that I so desperately need. I sit at the computer all day long and my posture is suffering.

APP: The accompanying app is simple and easy to use. Setup was a breeze.

DURABLE: Ran it through the wash after its first day. It survived and still works well.

CONS

VIBRATION TOO LOUD: The conference chairs at my office naturally lean back a bit. This results in my Lumo Lift activating at its 2-minute interval. And it's unnecessarily loud in a quiet room. I would far prefer a gentle tap, like the Apple Watch, to a loud vibration. (TEAM: Perhaps make an Apple Watch app that displaces the vibration from the Lift to the Watch.)

MAGNETS CAN BE FRUSTRATING: The magnets used to secure the Lumo Lift can be frustrating. They fall off a lot during everyday activities (e.g., the bump of a seatbelt, a robust hug, picking up a pet or kid, etc.).

EXPENSIVE: This is a pretty expensive gadget for only doing one thing well.

Overall I'm mixed. I truly do love the concept, I just wish it was ironed out a bit more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2015 8:33 AM PDT

Black + Decker MC1100S Multi Cooker, 6.5 Quart, Stainless
Black + Decker MC1100S Multi Cooker, 6.5 Quart, Stainless
Price: $117.76
2 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks in a fantastic appliance!, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a fantastic addition to my kitchen. I love this multi cooker. Here's why:

EVEN COOKING: The wide, low profile cooking "pan" maximizes the cooking surface, whereby ensuring that everything is heated and heated thoroughly.

GREAT LOOKS: I keep the cooker on the corner of my counter between my stovetop and my sink. It fits in perfectly with my stainless appliances and has a minimalist/industrial look.

EASY CLEANING: The non-stick surface of the cooking pan is easy to clean. I cooked some chili yesterday and even though it was cooking all day, clean up only took a few minutes. In addition, the pan is so light weight compared to ceramic models--much easier to hand wash in the sink and you don't have to worry about chipping it.

OVEN REPLACEMENT ON A HOT SUMMER DAY: Such a perfect way to cook food on a hot summer day. With this multi cooker, you can roast a chicken or some brussels sprouts without heating your kitchen up the way running your oven would.

All in all I love my new Multi Cooker and will be recommending it to friends.

AHAVA Time to Hydrate Essential Day Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin, 0.51 fl. oz.
Price: $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great AHAVA moisturizer, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love AHAVA products. Their line of moisturizers is one of the best. AHAVA has found a way to provide just the right amount of moisture without leaving my skin feeling oily. I only wish AHAVA would tone down the scent--it's not my favorite, but it's bothering me less and less with each use.

Also try the hand lotion. It will moisturize even the driest situations without feeling tacky. Love it.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Cat Food, Original Turkey, Chicken, Whitefish & Herring Recipe, 12-Pound Bag
Price: $36.99
18 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Alleviating problems with dander and my picky eater likes it!, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I feed my cat Weruva wet food in the morning for her main meal and then give her a handful of kibble in the evening so she won't wake me up for a midnight feeding. I used to be pretty laissez-faire about what I fed her in the evening, after all it was just a snack and as long as she was willing to eat it that was good enough for me. However, she started to develop a pretty severe dandruff problem, so I've been more careful to keep her off of grains and fillers that seem to exacerbate the problem. Unfortunately, the most recent food I tried brought back the dander with a vengeance. Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free to the rescue. Since I started feeding her Wellness CORE food and treats (the treats are great, check them out), her dandruff is on the mend. This will be my new go-to food for my fussy little girl!

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Price: $39.99
88 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance! This is a worthy and exciting title that deserves every RPG lovers' time., July 13, 2015
I played the PC version for a while and took advantage of Bethesda's offer to transfer my account over to my Xbox One console. Quite frankly, I tired of ESO Online pretty shortly after I started playing it nearly a year and a half ago. I was disappointed and found the game to pale in comparison to the other games in the Elder Scrolls series. I was still disappointed (too many connection issues) when I first tried it on Xbox and let my copy languish on my machine for a while. It was initially buggy and reminded me of everything that made my initial experience with ESO less than stellar.

A month later I picked it up again and now I'm loving it and totally hooked. This is a fantastic port! Bethesda has ironed out the connection issues that plagued the game when it was first released. In addition, the console port fixes a lot of the tedium that was bogging down the PC version. ESO for Xbox One is a blast! It reminds me of all the joy I had with my favorite Elder Scrolls game, Morrowind. It's gorgeous, responsive, and using the game controller makes it much more fun than trying to slog away on the keyboard.

If you haven't tried it yet and you're a fan of the series, you won't go wrong with this version. Give it a chance. I'm hooked!

Wellness Kittles Grain Free Natural Cat Treats Made in USA Only, Salmon & Cranberries, 2-Ounce Bag
Price: $2.79
13 used & new from $2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a happy, well-treated cat!, July 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My girl is a picky little effer when it comes to food and treats. I gave her a few of these and she's been begging for them ever since. First time that's happened in ages. These will definitely be my go-to snacks for her. Thanks Wellness!

Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
by China Miéville
Price: $14.85
59 used & new from $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Attentive readers will be rewarded!, June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read China Mieville's "The City and The City" shortly before I read this collection. If you appreciated the complexity of "The City and The City", you'll enjoy Three Moments of an Explosion.

As I learned with "The City and The City", Mieville doesn't believe in spelling everything out for the reader. This is particularly true of many of the stories in this collection. They are often difficult narratives that require an attentive reader. You're often left to fill in the blanks (or even the endings) with your own imagination. But when you do, you're rewarded with some fantastic imagery that perhaps, like me, you'll carry with you.

Overall I am impressed with the quality and quantity of this book. It reminds me of a collection of fiction the likes of which you find in The New Yorker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20