Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 193

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black & Decker MC1100S Multi Cooker, 6.5 Quart, Stainless
Black & Decker MC1100S Multi Cooker, 6.5 Quart, Stainless
Price: $129.99
2 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks in a fantastic appliance!, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a fantastic addition to my kitchen. I love this multi cooker. Here's why:

EVEN COOKING: The wide, low profile cooking "pan" maximizes the cooking surface, whereby ensuring that everything is heated and heated thoroughly.

GREAT LOOKS: I keep the cooker on the corner of my counter between my stovetop and my sink. It fits in perfectly with my stainless appliances and has a minimalist/industrial look.

EASY CLEANING: The non-stick surface of the cooking pan is easy to clean. I cooked some chili yesterday and even though it was cooking all day, clean up only took a few minutes. In addition, the pan is so light weight compared to ceramic models--much easier to hand wash in the sink and you don't have to worry about chipping it.

OVEN REPLACEMENT ON A HOT SUMMER DAY: Such a perfect way to cook food on a hot summer day. With this multi cooker, you can roast a chicken or some brussels sprouts without heating your kitchen up the way running your oven would.

All in all I love my new Multi Cooker and will be recommending it to friends.

AHAVA Time to Hydrate Essential Day Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin, 0.51 fl. oz.
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great AHAVA moisturizer, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love AHAVA products. Their line of moisturizers is one of the best. AHAVA has found a way to provide just the right amount of moisture without leaving my skin feeling oily. I only wish AHAVA would tone down the scent--it's not my favorite, but it's bothering me less and less with each use.

Also try the hand lotion. It will moisturize even the driest situations without feeling tacky. Love it.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Cat Food, Original Turkey, Chicken, Whitefish & Herring Recipe, 12-Pound Bag
Price: $36.99
18 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Alleviating problems with dander and my picky eater likes it!, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I feed my cat Weruva wet food in the morning for her main meal and then give her a handful of kibble in the evening so she won't wake me up for a midnight feeding. I used to be pretty laissez-faire about what I fed her in the evening, after all it was just a snack and as long as she was willing to eat it that was good enough for me. However, she started to develop a pretty severe dandruff problem, so I've been more careful to keep her off of grains and fillers that seem to exacerbate the problem. Unfortunately, the most recent food I tried brought back the dander with a vengeance. Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free to the rescue. Since I started feeding her Wellness CORE food and treats (the treats are great, check them out), her dandruff is on the mend. This will be my new go-to food for my fussy little girl!

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Price: $39.99
70 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance! This is a worthy and exciting title that deserves every RPG lovers' time., July 13, 2015
I played the PC version for a while and took advantage of Bethesda's offer to transfer my account over to my Xbox One console. Quite frankly, I tired of ESO Online pretty shortly after I started playing it nearly a year and a half ago. I was disappointed and found the game to pale in comparison to the other games in the Elder Scrolls series. I was still disappointed (too many connection issues) when I first tried it on Xbox and let my copy languish on my machine for a while. It was initially buggy and reminded me of everything that made my initial experience with ESO less than stellar.

A month later I picked it up again and now I'm loving it and totally hooked. This is a fantastic port! Bethesda has ironed out the connection issues that plagued the game when it was first released. In addition, the console port fixes a lot of the tedium that was bogging down the PC version. ESO for Xbox One is a blast! It reminds me of all the joy I had with my favorite Elder Scrolls game, Morrowind. It's gorgeous, responsive, and using the game controller makes it much more fun than trying to slog away on the keyboard.

If you haven't tried it yet and you're a fan of the series, you won't go wrong with this version. Give it a chance. I'm hooked!

Wellness Kittles Grain Free Natural Cat Treats Made in USA Only, Salmon & Cranberries, 2-Ounce Bag
Price: $3.07
15 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a happy, well-treated cat!, July 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My girl is a picky little effer when it comes to food and treats. I gave her a few of these and she's been begging for them ever since. First time that's happened in ages. These will definitely be my go-to snacks for her. Thanks Wellness!

Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
by China Miéville
Price: $13.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Attentive readers will be rewarded!, June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read China Mieville's "The City and The City" shortly before I read this collection. If you appreciated the complexity of "The City and The City", you'll enjoy Three Moments of an Explosion.

As I learned with "The City and The City", Mieville doesn't believe in spelling everything out for the reader. This is particularly true of many of the stories in this collection. They are often difficult narratives that require an attentive reader. You're often left to fill in the blanks (or even the endings) with your own imagination. But when you do, you're rewarded with some fantastic imagery that perhaps, like me, you'll carry with you.

Overall I am impressed with the quality and quantity of this book. It reminds me of a collection of fiction the likes of which you find in The New Yorker.

Facial Phyto-Peel by Ageless La Cure - Natural, Organic, Exfoliating by Phyto 5, 2.5 Ounce
Price: $31.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your skin-care arsenal. Don't be afraid of the price, a little goes a long way., June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really loving the Ageless La Cure Natural product line and this exfoliator is not exception. Here's why:

SCENT: The product has a wonderful, herbal scent with strong notes of peppermint that evoke a relaxing spa.

IT ONLY TAKES A LITTLE: Yes it's expensive; however, I use a portion about the size of a dime twice per week, so I expect this tube will last the better part of six months.

LEAVES SKIN RADIANT: My skin has a glow to it now that all the old skin has been sloughed off.

NATURAL: Everything about this product just FEELS organic and all natural. I love the way it goes on (and how easy it comes off).

Cleansing Foam by Ageless La Cure - Natural, Organic Hydrating and Refreshing by Phyto 5, 5 Ounce
Price: $30.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves your face with the perfect balance of cleansed and moisturized, June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great product that I'm definitely adding to my regular skin-care arsenal. Here's why:

CLEANS WITHOUT DRYING: I've found you often have to sacrifice one or the other--sparkling clean versus moisturized. Not with Ageless La Cure Natural. My skin has that deep-cleaned feeling coupled with hydration.

HYDRATION: After 3.5 weeks of use, my skin is soft and significantly more hydrated.

SCENT: A wonderful, herbal scent. I use the Ageless La Cure nightly and it's like a touch of aroma therapy before I go to sleep.

FOAM: I'm typically not a lover of foam-based cleansers, but this one is fantastic. It goes on smoothly and gently.

Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Pacific Northwest Mix, 7-Pound
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Pacific Northwest Mix, 7-Pound
Price: $31.99
2 used & new from $31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting..., May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a tiny, urban yard in Seattle. I have patches where I weeded. I filled the patches with new soil, spread this seed, gently raked it under with a hand rake, and watered. A week later, I'm still waiting for the Turf Builder to germinate. I'll update my review in a few weeks after it (hopefully) has started to grow, but at this point it looks pretty bleak. The weather has been mild, plenty of rain and watering, and still nothing.

AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful moisturizer ruined by overpowering, dated, floral smell!, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would absolutely love this hand cream and buy it regularly if it didn't smell like I just pawed around in my grandmother's purse!

The product name and packaging lead me to believe that this would have and earthy, more natural smell. Something akin to Aveda or Malin & Goetz products. Instead, the scent reminds me of the strong, floral perfumes that were popular in the 1980s. AHAVA: Please get rid of the scent. It's not unisex, nor is it contemporary.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I just want to say that the moisturizing aspect of this hand cream is fantastic! I put it on 7 hours ago and my hands are still moisturized. Unheard of considering I typically apply Lubriderm every hour.

Five stars for moisturizing, minus two stars for scent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20