Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Browse

Amy S.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 245
Helpful Votes: 2083

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Perky-Pet 386 Squirrel Shield Tube Feeder
Perky-Pet 386 Squirrel Shield Tube Feeder
Price: $20.90
15 used & new from $17.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the squirrels at bay and the birds are happy!, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a gorgeous, hand-made, ceramic feeder. Unfortunately, more often than not, I would find a squirrel inside the feeder--nesting and luxuriating on a bed of birdseed--like the dragon Smaug lording over his treasure. I replaced that feeder with the Perky-Pet 386 Squirrel Shield Tube Feeder and I'm so glad I did! The Squirrel Shield is living up to it's name: nary a squirrel has bothered it.

It took about a week for the birds to realize that this new object was, indeed, their new feeder. But now, they're enjoying the Tube Feeder and the four perches it provides. While not as aesthetically stunning as my old feeder, the Perky Pet is a clean and simple feeder.

No/No Yellow Straight Sided Finch Feeder  YSSF00346
No/No Yellow Straight Sided Finch Feeder YSSF00346
Price: $20.98
31 used & new from $20.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed finch feeder, May 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice feeder. It's well made and distributes the feed evenly, so the finches can snack wherever they clamp on. The design is simple and elegant and looks good in the landscape. In addition, finch feeders don't attract squirrels or rats, so this is a great direction to go if you have problems with rodents dining at your other feeders.

Zinus Extra Firm 10 Inch Big & Tall Support Plus Spring Mattress, King
Zinus Extra Firm 10 Inch Big & Tall Support Plus Spring Mattress, King
Price: $367.16
2 used & new from $359.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this extra firm gem as the base for creating your perfect sleep setup!, May 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Zinus costs 1/10th the price of the memory foam mattress it replaced. Both were ordered online and arrived rolled. Here's my experience so far:

• DELIVERY: Amazon's delivery partner, XPO, left a voicemail from an auto-dialer the day before with a three-hour delivery window. The date was the promised date, so I had already arranged to work from home. XPO did leave a callback number in case the window didn't work. I didn't have to use this, so I can't report on how flexible they are. The delivery team arrived with the mattress and I tipped them extra to bring it up to the top floor of my home, place it on my frame, and remove the packaging materials. They did a great job all around.

• SMELL: I read reviews before the mattress arrived and I noticed that many reported a smell. My mattress had almost no smell. Just the faint scent of new fabric, like when you buy a new towel.

• SET UP: My mattress popped up and looked solid within seconds of being unrolled. It was installed at 6pm and, despite being told to wait for 72 hours, I slept on it that night with no adverse effects. What I've realized, though, is that while sleeping on it too soon doesn't seem to impact the mattress itself, it took about three days for mine to feel fully comfortable.

• FIRM: This mattress is firm, firm, firm, firm. I absolutely love a firm mattress, as I have back issues resulting from a bike accident when I was much younger. However, after sleeping on it a few nights (I'm a side sleeper), I noticed I was waking up a lot due to pain on my pressure points. That said, the firmness of the mattress is perfect for me, I just needed a little more cushion on top.

• MY PERFECT SLEEP SETUP: After sleeping on the Zinus Extra Firm for a few nights, I decided to hit my local, Pacific Coast down outlet and get a feather bed. I put the feather bed directly on the mattress, covered it with a mattress pad, and then added a fitted sheet. The back soothing firmness of the Zinus married to the softness of the feather bed is resulting in the best sleep I've had in years. My bed feels like a luxury hotel bed.

• LESS HEAT: If you're considering a memory foam mattress, be warned, they sleep really hot. I'm glad I've returned to a spring coil mattress. It keeps me at the right temperature all night. The Zinus really breathes!

One of the great advantages of ordering a mattress online is that you save a significant amount of money. In fact, when ordering online, I recommend erring on the side of a mattress that is too firm. Why? Because you can always add a topper, like I did, to soften it up; however, there's little to no recourse if your mattress is too soft. Another advantage of the topper game is that they're significantly less expensive, meaning you can replace them, as needed, without replacing you entire mattress. Skip the pillow top mattress and experiment with the top that's for you. There are plenty of choices.

FILA Resistance Cord with Handles, Light
FILA Resistance Cord with Handles, Light
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handles, fantastic resistance, May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used a variety of resistance bands in the past. This is the first one I've used with high-quality handles. The handles make a huge difference, not only in comfort, but in my ability to apply more tension/pressure. For the price you can't beat resistance bands. They're easy to store and give you and excellent, strength-training workout. I will continue to buy FILA bands when this one wears out.

Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub, 2 ounce (Pack of 6)
Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub, 2 ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $26.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Up your turmeric and paprika intake with this delicious spice!, May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's nearly impossible to find a good bar-b-q rub that isn't loaded with sugar. Stubb's is a sugar-free dream. Not only is it lacking in the baddies (i.e., sugar, gluten, msg), but it's packed with goodies! Turmeric and paprika are two spices that have been shown to have numerous health benefits--they're both in there. Add a little black pepper, garlic, and smoke flavor and you have a fantastic spice shaker. In fact, I've been using this on pretty much everything, since I've been trying to up my turmeric intake. This rub is great on popcorn. Delicious on avocado toast. A little dash is great on a sandwich.

All in all, this is a great spice shaker that's worth your shelf space.

Zuli Smartplug: Smart Home Control, Dimmer, Energy Monitor & Timer (Presence 3 Pack)
Offered by ExtremeNetwork
Price: $108.99
12 used & new from $68.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Zuli and Phillips Hue for the win!, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Zuli's "Presence" feature is fantastic. I now have my Phillips Hue bulbs set up to automatically light up the room when I enter at night. That's right, only at night. Zuli's presence feature knows when it's dusk/dawn and will only turn my lights on when I need them. (You can also set your lights to turn on whenever you enter the room, regardless of time.)

Setup was a breeze It took me about an hour to fully setup my four plugs, assign them to rooms, calibrate the rooms for "Presence", and add my 10 Hue bulbs to the correct rooms in the Zuli app. The app is well-designed and mostly intuitive (I had a little blip trying to figure out how to delete a room). It's certainly better than other home apps I've encountered, particularly Phillips' Hue app. Scheduling and managing your Hue bulbs is a breeze with Zuli. The app will even tell you how much energy each bulb is consuming and estimate the cost.

The Zuli app really comes to life with "Presence". When you open the app on your device, "Presence" will detect which room you're in and serve up that room's devices by default. I love this feature, because with other connected home apps, I find myself hunting for the right device.

The plugs themselves are well designed and look fantastic in a modern decor.

In my den, I have a projector that is separate from the Tivoli stereo that serves as its sound source. I typically have to walk over and turn the Tivoli on manually, which requires rotating the on/off knob through both radio frequencies to reach the Aux input that I use. Now I just leave the Tivoli on Aux and let the Zuli cut the power to the stereo when I'm not in the room. Way better!

All in all I really like this product and I think it will only get better as Zuli makes refinements over time.

Philips SatinShave Advanced Wet & dry cordless shaver, 4 accessories
Philips SatinShave Advanced Wet & dry cordless shaver, 4 accessories
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $37.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking unit, but a mediocre shave, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, let me start by saying that I'm not a hairy person. I probably have about half the leg hair of most women I know. Maybe less. So when I say that I have to go over my lower legs 4 to 5 times to get a decent shave, that's saying something. Lighter hair, like on my thighs, 1 or 2 passes will suffice. However, 4 to 5 times is excessive for my lower legs, which is where I primarily use the SatinShave.

While I'm not impressed with the mediocre shave I'm getting, I am impressed with the shaver's industrial design. It feels great in your hand and I love that it's shower safe.

Lot's of other users seem to love this thing, so maybe my copy is just so-so.

Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care Treatment, 1.7 fl. oz.
Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care Treatment, 1.7 fl. oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your skin will love it!, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care Treatment lotion is fantastic. It started working immediately and I love the texture. My skin is responding to it in ways it hasn't with other anti-acne lotions. I also like the packaging: It comes with a pump that delivers just the right amount of product.

This lotion is a keeper!

Wellness Complete Health Hairball Control Chicken & Rice Natural Dry Cat Food, 11.5-Pound Bag
Price: $37.99
7 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works even in small doses, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's hairball season (spring) and my cat has been spewing all over the house. She likes the food and since I started feeding it to her, she stopped having hairballs. I feed her wet food in the morning and a small bowl of dry food in the evening (to keep her from pestering me through the night). Ergo, a little of this seems to go a long way.

I've read some of the other reviews that suggest long-term use of this food can lead to GI and urinary issues. As a result, I plan to feed her the entirety of this bag, to get her through hairball season, and then switch back to her usual food. Perhaps if this is taken more as a "seasonal prescription" these issues won't arise. Either that or supplement your cat's other favorite food with this.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Monogrammable Blanks, Solid Flat Weave Dishtowel, 18 x 28", Set of 6- Tango Red
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color, nice size, really absorbant, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really nice tea towels. They arrive with a slick, cotton surface for you to embellish; however, it's not until you wash them that these towels really shine. Run them through the washer and dryer and they emerge as thick, super absorbent cotton towels in a beautiful shade of red. The color really pops and is deep enough to hid the kinds of over-time stains that mar traditional, white kitchen towels.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20