Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th
Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Browse

Amy S.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 241
Helpful Votes: 2060

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub, 2 ounce (Pack of 6)
Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub, 2 ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $26.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Up your turmeric and paprika intake with this delicious spice!, May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's nearly impossible to find a good bar-b-q rub that isn't loaded with sugar. Stubb's is a sugar-free dream. Not only is it lacking in the baddies (i.e., sugar, gluten, msg), but it's packed with goodies! Turmeric and paprika are two spices that have been shown to have numerous health benefits--they're both in there. Add a little black pepper, garlic, and smoke flavor and you have a fantastic spice shaker. In fact, I've been using this on pretty much everything, since I've been trying to up my turmeric intake. This rub is great on popcorn. Delicious on avocado toast. A little dash is great on a sandwich.

All in all, this is a great spice shaker that's worth your shelf space.

Zuli Smartplug: Smart Home Control, Dimmer, Energy Monitor & Timer (Presence 3 Pack)
Offered by MB Ventures
Price: $118.99
10 used & new from $68.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Zuli and Phillips Hue for the win!, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Zuli's "Presence" feature is fantastic. I now have my Phillips Hue bulbs set up to automatically light up the room when I enter at night. That's right, only at night. Zuli's presence feature knows when it's dusk/dawn and will only turn my lights on when I need them. (You can also set your lights to turn on whenever you enter the room, regardless of time.)

Setup was a breeze It took me about an hour to fully setup my four plugs, assign them to rooms, calibrate the rooms for "Presence", and add my 10 Hue bulbs to the correct rooms in the Zuli app. The app is well-designed and mostly intuitive (I had a little blip trying to figure out how to delete a room). It's certainly better than other home apps I've encountered, particularly Phillips' Hue app. Scheduling and managing your Hue bulbs is a breeze with Zuli. The app will even tell you how much energy each bulb is consuming and estimate the cost.

The Zuli app really comes to life with "Presence". When you open the app on your device, "Presence" will detect which room you're in and serve up that room's devices by default. I love this feature, because with other connected home apps, I find myself hunting for the right device.

The plugs themselves are well designed and look fantastic in a modern decor.

In my den, I have a projector that is separate from the Tivoli stereo that serves as its sound source. I typically have to walk over and turn the Tivoli on manually, which requires rotating the on/off knob through both radio frequencies to reach the Aux input that I use. Now I just leave the Tivoli on Aux and let the Zuli cut the power to the stereo when I'm not in the room. Way better!

All in all I really like this product and I think it will only get better as Zuli makes refinements over time.

Philips SatinShave Advanced Wet & dry cordless shaver, 4 accessories
Philips SatinShave Advanced Wet & dry cordless shaver, 4 accessories
Price: $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking unit, but a mediocre shave, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, let me start by saying that I'm not a hairy person. I probably have about half the leg hair of most women I know. Maybe less. So when I say that I have to go over my lower legs 4 to 5 times to get a decent shave, that's saying something. Lighter hair, like on my thighs, 1 or 2 passes will suffice. However, 4 to 5 times is excessive for my lower legs, which is where I primarily use the SatinShave.

While I'm not impressed with the mediocre shave I'm getting, I am impressed with the shaver's industrial design. It feels great in your hand and I love that it's shower safe.

Lot's of other users seem to love this thing, so maybe my copy is just so-so.

Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care Treatment, 1.7 fl. oz.
Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care Treatment, 1.7 fl. oz.
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Your skin will love it!, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care Treatment lotion is fantastic. It started working immediately and I love the texture. My skin is responding to it in ways it hasn't with other anti-acne lotions. I also like the packaging: It comes with a pump that delivers just the right amount of product.

This lotion is a keeper!

Wellness Complete Health Hairball Control Chicken & Rice Natural Dry Cat Food, 11.5-Pound Bag
Price: $37.99
4 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works even in small doses, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's hairball season (spring) and my cat has been spewing all over the house. She likes the food and since I started feeding it to her, she stopped having hairballs. I feed her wet food in the morning and a small bowl of dry food in the evening (to keep her from pestering me through the night). Ergo, a little of this seems to go a long way.

I've read some of the other reviews that suggest long-term use of this food can lead to GI and urinary issues. As a result, I plan to feed her the entirety of this bag, to get her through hairball season, and then switch back to her usual food. Perhaps if this is taken more as a "seasonal prescription" these issues won't arise. Either that or supplement your cat's other favorite food with this.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Monogrammable Blanks, Solid Flat Weave Dishtowel, 18 x 28", Set of 6- Tango Red
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $12.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color, nice size, really absorbant, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really nice tea towels. They arrive with a slick, cotton surface for you to embellish; however, it's not until you wash them that these towels really shine. Run them through the washer and dryer and they emerge as thick, super absorbent cotton towels in a beautiful shade of red. The color really pops and is deep enough to hid the kinds of over-time stains that mar traditional, white kitchen towels.

Sunbeam Hand Held Garment Steamer W/10' 360 Degree Swivel Cord for Tangle-Free Steaming, GCSBHS-100-000
Price: $54.99
4 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to a full-sized garment steamer, April 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a full-sized, semi-professional garment steamer in my closet because I loathe ironing. Problem is, I never use it. It's in the back of the closet and is such a pain to pull out and fill with water, that it languishes. As a result, I was excited to review the Sunbeam Hand Held Garment Steamer!

// PROS

Great for quick jobs: I work in tech and don't need freshly pressed business attire on a daily basis. My needs are for the occasional collared shirt or when I break my semi-formal clothes out for a special occasion. The Sunbeam is great for dropping the wrinkles out of a shirt. It also heats up quickly, so it's good in a pinch.

Versatility: Not only is the Sunbeam great for steaming clothes, but I also used it on some pillow cases (that were already on the bed) and roman blinds. In fact, I plugged it in next to a few of my tropical plans and let it a bit of warm moisture to the room. This thing is useful in ways a full garment steamer isn't.

Easy to store: Takes up far less space in the closet than my traditional steamer. Can't wait to donate that thing!

// CONS

Heavy: The Sunbeam Hand Held Garment Steamer is, as it's name implies, fully hand held. The water tank, the heating element, the steamer...all in your hand. As a result, it's pretty heavy. Especially when filled with water. I can't imagine using this for more than a shirt or a suit, as it gets pretty fatiguing after a while.

All in all, I think this is a solid product and, as a city dweller, I'm excited to buy back some closet space.

Crepe Erase Full Size Body Duo, Intensive Body Repair 10 oz. and Exfoliating Body Polish 8 fl. oz.
Price: $129.95
2 used & new from $129.95

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product, if you can stomach the cost, April 2, 2016
:: THE GOOD::
• It works. I've only been using this for a week and I've already noticed a significant difference with the skin on my neck. Now, I'm only just starting to show the signs of aging skin, so your mileage may vary, but the crepe texture I get when I stretch my neck is all but gone.

• It's pleasant to use. I like how light and gentle both creams are. The Exfoliating Body Polish uses beads versus harsher sand-like crystals in other exfoliants I've tried. The Intensive Body Repair cream is also less invasive than other products that promise skin rejuvenation.

::THE BAD::
• I find the "Duo" somewhat disproportionately sized. I'm cruising through the Exfoliating Body Polish and barely putting a dent in the Body Repair cream.

• Expensive. While this product is working for me, it is definitely prohibitively expensive to "try". And its 3oz version isn't experimentally priced either.

Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Litter with Micro Guard, 28 Lbs
Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Litter with Micro Guard, 28 Lbs
Price: $16.53
5 used & new from $16.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, natural litter that my finicky girl loves!, March 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My cat is typically fussy about litter, so anytime I try something new it's a gamble. She took to the Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal immediately. So far the litter clumps perfectly. It's actually significantly better at clumping than the previous all-natural litter I was using. I've been using Clump & Seal for a week and I scoop each morning. I haven't noticed any smells (7-day oder control!) and I've only seen minor tracking issues. All in all, I think this is a fantastic litter and I plan to keep using it.

Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive, Platinum (STEH1000100)
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $69.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little hard drive!, March 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I take a lot of photos when I travel. More than the available space on my Macbook Air's hard drive. Eventually, they're moved to my iMac at home and backed up to Apple's iCloud. Until then, I need an alternative storage solution. The Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim 1TB is perfect. It's a sleek, little package that can slip into any backpack. Plus, it doesn't require a separate power cord, making it the perfect travel companion.

The disk arrives setup for Windows. While a Mac will boot it just fine, Apple users will get better performance if you use Disk Utility and reformat the Seagate to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). After that, it's smooth sailing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20