Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 145

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Philips SC1981/50 Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System, White
Philips SC1981/50 Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System, White
Price: $249.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice at-home solution for those considering laser hair removal, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had professional laser hair removal, so I'll compare this product to that experience:

PROS
1. AT-HOME COMFORT: Being able to handle hair removal at home is always better than going to a salon. You know where unwanted hair grows and you can tackle those areas specifically without trying to give directions to an aesthetician.
2. COST: Each treatment at a professional salon will cost about the same as the Lumea Comfort--and you'll need to go back several times to completely eliminate hair due to growth cycles. Ergo, with patience this machine can save you a lot of money.
3. SMALL SIZE: The Lumea Comfort is small and can easily tuck into a drawer or under your sink.
4. NOT AS PAINFUL AS LASER: Not as powerful as professional laser hair removal; ergo, it's also not as painful. But you get what you pay for. You'll have to administer more treatments to get professional-quality results.

CONS
1. SLOW RESULTS: The Lumea Comfort feels about half as powerful as a professional laser treatment. Even at the highest setting. For a professional treatment to work, you have to go back every two months--typically about three to four times. With the Lumea Comfort, you must be patient because it's likely going to take a year to fully realize results.
2. CORD IS SHORT: This is not a rechargeable item, you must have it plugged into the wall. The cord isn't very long, so it can be difficult to find the right place use the Lumea Comfort.

Overall the Lumea Comfort is worth having in your hair removal arsenal if you're someone who's considered laser hair removal and have the patience to do it yourself over the course of a year.

Dell Computer WM524 Wireless BT Travel Mouse (F7TJK)
Dell Computer WM524 Wireless BT Travel Mouse (F7TJK)
Offered by BUYCOM
Price: $30.00
17 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mouse with a few flaws., August 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm using this mouse with a Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet.

PROS
1. FORM FACTOR: The mouse is very comfortable in my hand. Scrolling, the curve of the mouse, and the placement of buttons are very good.
2. EASY CONNECTION: My mouse connected to the Venue 8 Pro Tablet without a problem.
3. AUTO OFF: I never remember to turn mice off. Never. Fortunately this mouse turns itself off and saves me from wasting batteries.

CONS
1. LARGE: The mouse is a bit large for a travel mouse. The Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, for example, folds flat, making it a great solution for travel.
2. NO CASE: I'm typically not a case person in general, but the top of the mouse comes off pretty easily if you toss it in a bag. It would be nice to have a case that keeps it in one piece.

Overall I really like this mouse and it fills my need very well.

Contigo SnapSeal Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 20-Ounce, Gunmetal
Offered by MICARRODECOMPRAS
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a spill-proof mug!, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this spill-proof travel mug and haven't had any of the upper-lip-burn problems that other reviewers mentioned.

PROS
1. SPILL PROOF--In locked position, I carried this thing around upside down to see if it would spill. Nope! Leak free. I would actually carry this mug INSIDE my bag. I'm that confident it won't spill.
2. CLEAN DESIGN--Very simple and attractive design.
3. CLEVER SEAL--It took a bit of getting used to, but opening the mug by popping the SnapSeal is a great way to keep the area of the mug that touches your mouth clean. In addition, I loathe that the seals on other mugs flip down and hit my upper lip or nose as I'm drinking. Really great design.
4. MAINTAINS TEMPERATURE--I filled the mug with coffee and it was still hot after four hours of opening and closing the seal.
5. EASY TO CLEAN--The mouth piece of this mug is very easy to keep clean.

CONS
1. SNAPSEAL A LITTLE TIGHT--Sometimes the SnapSeal can be a little difficult to pop when you're driving. It's tight. But that also means it prevents spills.

Priced about 30% below the travel mug I used to use, I'd definitely recommend trying this mug to see if it's right for you.

Cascade Platinum Actionpacs, Fresh Scent, 65 Count
Cascade Platinum Actionpacs, Fresh Scent, 65 Count
Price: $18.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Cascade Complete pods (one down from this Platinum) since my local big-box membership club started carrying them. For this review I was able to compare Cascade Complete to Cascade Platinum by doing back-to-back loads of dishes in a Fisher & Paykel dishwasher. I typically include two sections in my reviews: Pros and Cons. However, I don't have a single negative to report with Cascade Platinum pods.

CONVENIENT: I am sold on all things "pod". I use pods for my dishwasher and washing machine. They prevent mess and eliminate the need to measure products. I'll never go back to traditional powdered or liquid products.

CLEAN: Both Cascade Complete and Platinum clean your dishes exceptionally well.* I am not particularly good at pre-rinsing my dishes and Cascade is able to handle crusted on items. Since I started using Cascade pods, my glassware looks fantastic.

DISHWASHER CLEAN: Cascade Platinum advertises (see photo in photos section) that it cleans your dishwasher in addition to cleaning your dishes. I have noticed that my dishwasher is cleaner since I switched to the Platinum pods.

Overall, I'm completely sold on Cascade pods for my dishwasher.

If you're curious about the difference between Complete and Platinum, I posted a side-by-side picture coupled with a feature comparison chart in the photos section to accompany this review.

* According to the comparison chart (see photo in photos section), Platinum adds "Sparkling Clean Silverware" and "Helps Keep Dishwasher Sparkling". I compared my silverware from two similar loads, one using Complete and one using Platinum. I didn't notice either batch having more "sparkle", but overall the Platinum seemed a little cleaner.

Curel Rough Skin Rescue, 13 Ounce
Curel Rough Skin Rescue, 13 Ounce
Offered by Cosmetics Closet
Price: $8.48
7 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm usually disappointed with the texture of heavy-duty lotions, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm usually disappointed with the texture of heavy-duty lotions. I often feel like my skin can't breathe after applying them. This Curel lotion feels light and breathable. Such a welcome relief. I've been using this lotion for about a month now on my elbows and legs where my skin tends to get rough and flakey. It's noticeably smoother and silkier than when I started.

ökocat Natural Paper Cat Litter, 5.1-Pound, Dust Free
ökocat Natural Paper Cat Litter, 5.1-Pound, Dust Free
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to use Feline Pine, but my little adopted cat was declawed and the Feline Pine pellets hurt her feet. So I moved to a litter that is gentler on her feet. I was hoping this Paper Cat Litter would be a nice compromise: Soft on the cats feet with the feel-good benefits of a natural litter, like Feline Pine. There's a lot to like about this litter, but I'm not completely sold. Here's why:

THE GOOD

1. LIGHT-WEIGHT BOX: Litters are typically so heavy. To get a reasonable supply, I often risk throwing out my back. okocat Natural Paper Cat Litter feels feather-like in comparison.
2. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: You can feel good using this product because it's recycled.

THE BAD

1. PELLETS EVERYWHERE. The pellets are all over the house. For some reason, the paper sticks to my cat.
2. DIFFICULT TO SCOOP. The litter doesn't break down well, so scooping ends up removing more of the good pellets than the bad.
3. SMELLY. Doesn't mask the smell as well as litters like Feline Pine.

Pet Naturals Calming for Cats (21 count) 1.11oz.
Pet Naturals Calming for Cats (21 count) 1.11oz.
Price: $3.99
60 used & new from $3.19

3.0 out of 5 stars My cat wouldn't touch them, my friends' cat loves them, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm giving these treats 3 start--the average of two reviews from two separate cats.

THE ONE STAR REVIEW
Let's start with my cat. I saved these for the most stressful of all days: The Fourth of July. I couldn't imagine a more perfect test case. Unfortunately, when I called her to the treating zone in my house and presented two of the Calming treats, she sniffed them, made the most disgusted face I'd ever seen her make, backed up, and ran away. Well, that was a surprise coming from a cat that will try anything.

THE FIVE STAR REVIEW
After my cat's disgusted response, I brought the treats over to my friends' house. Their cat loves them and responded well to them and remained social during a rather large BBQ (an event that would typically result in hiding).

Hopefully your cat will have the positive experience that my friends' cat had!

Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO SDXC Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-SG64D/AM)
Price: $59.54
20 used & new from $46.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not a single negative to report. I recently tired of lugging my DSLR around and picked up a Sony DSC-RX100M II. With my DSLR, I didn't mind carrying a little box filled with SD cards because I typically carried a camera bag as well. With the tiny Sony, I only carry the camera, so having one, huge, Class 10 SD card that could hold a week's worth of vacation photos is exactly what I needed.

I've taken photos at two weddings and a few other outings with the 64GB Pro SDXC and I'm thrilled. I've been able to snap quick photos with no write delay, take some videos, and generally just use my camera exactly as I want to. But where this card has really shined in my workflow is when I get home. I can pop the card out of my camera, pop it into my Mac, and Aperture pulls the images of the card with speeds I haven't seen before. In the past, I've typically plugged the card in my computer and left to do other things because it would take ages to transfer the images. Now I can wait and watch as the image pour off the card quickly. Awesome!

So pleased to add this little guy to my new mini-kit!

InterDesign Midi Soap Pump Caddy, Clear/Brushed
InterDesign Midi Soap Pump Caddy, Clear/Brushed
Price: $15.21
2 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Advertised for the kitchen, better for a small bathroom., July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
UPDATE: Changing from 3 stars to 1 star. Soap is seeping into the bottom of other compartments because of poor workmanship. Throwing it in the trash! What a waste.
___

Does a nice job of gathering together a few of the things that typically clutter up a kitchen or bathroom counter. Coincidentally, my bathroom soap dispenser broke just before this caddy arrived. So I had a need for it. I probably wouldn't have chosen this one because the price is a little high for a plastic soap dispenser. Here are my thoughts:

PROS
* Nice to have two containers to corral things like tooth brushes, combs, hair brushes, and cotton swabs.
* Great space saver for a small spot by the bathroom sink.

CONS
* Should cost half the price. The unit is made of light-weight plastic.
* The worst problem I've found is that the pump doesn't screw into place. It just sits on top of the soap dispenser. Anytime you want to move something from another compartment, you risk dislodging the pump. Obviously this can be a messy situation as the tube that dangles from the pump can fling soap everywhere.

Overall, it's a pretty clever design, but it needs a few refinements in build quality to make it worth this price point.

Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Offered by Etailz
Price: $18.88
3 used & new from $18.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, until my face and neck broke out..., June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First the good: The smell and texture of this product is outstanding. I've been using similar, much more expensive products by Kiehl's and Vivite and this has the best texture. It's cooling, feels great on the skin, is organic, and not tested on animals. At this price point I was looking forward to replacing those other products.

Now the bad: You can imagine my disappointment when after several days of using it, my face and neck broke out severely.

Even though my experience was poor, I'm giving it three stars because I think the product is good and my experience isn't the norm--just try it on a small patch of skin for a few days before you slather it on like I did!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15