Profile for Amy S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 185

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy S. RSS Feed (Seattle)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Pacific Northwest Mix, 7-Pound
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Pacific Northwest Mix, 7-Pound
Price: $31.99
4 used & new from $30.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting..., May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a tiny, urban yard in Seattle. I have patches where I weeded. I filled the patches with new soil, spread this seed, gently raked it under with a hand rake, and watered. A week later, I'm still waiting for the Turf Builder to germinate. I'll update my review in a few weeks after it (hopefully) has started to grow, but at this point it looks pretty bleak. The weather has been mild, plenty of rain and watering, and still nothing.

AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful moisturizer ruined by overpowering, dated, floral smell!, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would absolutely love this hand cream and buy it regularly if it didn't smell like I just pawed around in my grandmother's purse!

The product name and packaging lead me to believe that this would have and earthy, more natural smell. Something akin to Aveda or Malin & Goetz products. Instead, the scent reminds me of the strong, floral perfumes that were popular in the 1980s. AHAVA: Please get rid of the scent. It's not unisex, nor is it contemporary.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I just want to say that the moisturizing aspect of this hand cream is fantastic! I put it on 7 hours ago and my hands are still moisturized. Unheard of considering I typically apply Lubriderm every hour.

Five stars for moisturizing, minus two stars for scent.

The Nutro Company Breakfast Scrambles with Chicken, Egg and Salmon, 3 Oz, Pack of 24
Price: $28.56
4 used & new from $28.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Your cat will love it or hate it, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My rescue cat is not a picky eater when it comes to wet food. She has her favorites, but if it's wet and I put it in her bowl, she'll eat it. The ingredients in this Nutro Breakfast Scrambles sounded like something she'd enjoy, so I thought I'd give it a try. Boy was I wrong. When I served it to her, she backed away from it like it was something spoiled and went on a hunger strike. As a result, I decided to give the remaining cans to my neighbor. A couple days later, my neighbor reported that her cats are thoroughly enjoying the food.

It seems like this one is really a mixed bag: Your cat will love it or hate it. I'd recommend buying a single can somewhere before investing in a full case from Amazon.

KitchenAid KCM0802OB Pour Over Coffee Brewer, Onyx Black
KitchenAid KCM0802OB Pour Over Coffee Brewer, Onyx Black
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive coffee, huge machine, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Kitchenaid Pour Over Coffee Maker produces a delightful pot of coffee that beats traditional coffee-maker brew.

// PROS

TASTE: Really great coffee. I'm a Seattlite and we care deeply about these things!

INTERFACE: Easy to use! I love a machine with a simple interface. It even has a little graphic that tells you exactly what the machine is doing at any given time during the brewing process.

APPEARANCE: This machine looks great. It has a vintage look, like other Kitchenaid appliances, that is at home in the most modern or traditional kitchen.

// CONS

EXPENSIVE: This Kitchenaid is an extremely pricey replacement for something that typically costs less than $10. Yes, you can make several cups at a time, but the cost is real.

LARGE: The machine is taller than most typical coffee machines. And because you need to fill it from the top, you're going to have trouble keeping it tucked under kitchen cabinets--it will fit, but you need to pull it out to use it. This one needs some space!

Overall I like this machine a lot. The coffee is fantastic. However, I'm deducting a star because I think it's a bit overpriced.

Clairol  Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color Kit, Chocolate Brown 5BZ Chocolate Creme
Clairol Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color Kit, Chocolate Brown 5BZ Chocolate Creme
Price: $6.47
5 used & new from $6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylist results for 1/10th the price!, May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have my hair cut and colored by my stylist once a month. From now on, I'm going to only get a cut! This results from Clairol Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color are just as good as what I was paying my stylist for at about 1/10th the price.

This was the first time I've ever colored my own hair, so I had no idea what to expect (and no other experience to compare it to). However, I found it to be completely easy. The whole event took about 30 minutes. I didn't bother with any color testing and just went straight for it. I'm glad I did. The color is exactly what I wanted (albeit, a bit darker than what's on the box) and looks very natural. The included conditioner is a nice touch.

All in all I'm thrilled with the results. I will continue to order this product from Amazon and save myself $1000/year!

Vornado VFAN Jr. Vintage Air Circulator, Red
Vornado VFAN Jr. Vintage Air Circulator, Red
Price: $69.29
4 used & new from $69.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful little beauty!, May 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Look no further if you're searching for a small, powerful fan that looks as good as it feels.

// PROS

GORGEOUS: This is a gorgeous little fan. It looks fantastic in my minimalist, dark grey bedroom.

POWERFUL: The VFAN Jr. produces such a wonderful current of air for such a tiny fan.

NO NEED FOR OSCILLATION: The VFAN Jr. creates a room-filling breeze without the need to oscillate. A great benefit when used in a bedroom.

SMALL FOOTPRINT: The VFAN Jr. is incredibly small for how much air it generates. Perfectly suited to side table. This is fantastic for storage, but with it's good looks, you'll be tempted to leave it out all the time.

NO VIBRATION: The VFAN is well distributed and produces no noticeable vibration.

// CONS

NOISE VARIATION AT HIGH SPEED: I could only find one con. The speed seems to vary slightly when set to high. The shift in the frequency of the white noise is sometimes enough to wake me from a deep sleep.

All in all, I love this fan. I plan to buy a couple more for my house and finally do away with my giant, floor-standing oscillators.

OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Crisper Filter, One Pack
OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Crisper Filter, One Pack
Price: $5.99
3 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Entire line of GreenSavers extend the life of your produce!, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little addition to my crisper has already paid for itself by saving numerous fruits and vegetables. You can't beat it. It's small: slightly larger than a deck of cards. And, for the cost of a pint of raspberries, your produce will last 30-50% longer.

I'm also using the separate GreenSaver containers, which, while more costly, are fantastic additions to your kitchen. Check them out.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser, 5 Ounce
Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser, 5 Ounce
Price: $8.06
10 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag, April 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cleared up the hormonal acne I'm prone to in the first few days of use and I was delighted. However, with continued use it began generating micro pimples on my skin. Clearly some sort of allergic reaction. I've had similar mixed results with other, newer Neutrogena products. I'm beginning to think it's the products that have floral scents that, while they tackle the problem they're intended to, actually generate other issues overtime. I'd love it if Neutrogena would release scent-free versions of this and other, similar products.

NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Cable Modem Certified for Comcast XFINITY and Time Warner Cable (CM500-100NAS)
Price: $96.00
15 used & new from $95.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great modem, but still had to call Comcast, March 27, 2015
I hate paying rental fees to Comcast. They already bleed their customers with hidden fees. When I saw the suitcase-sized modem they wanted me to use to setup my new services, I immediately went shopping for a replacement. Note that this is not a suitable replacement for the Arris Residential Gateway if you (1) use it for phone service and/or (2) use it for wireless (you'll need a separate wireless router with this modem).

// CONS

SELF INSTALL REQUIRES A COMPUTER WITH AN ETHERNET PORT: Part of the reason I selected this modem over others was the promise of a self install. However, upon opening the package I was dismayed to discover that self installing required a computer connected to the modem with an ethernet cable. This is 2015 and most modern laptops have done away with a bulky ethernet port in favor of pure wireless. As a result, I had to call Comcast to setup the modem. It took about 20 minutes for them to get it up and running.

// PROS

SIMPLE: I don't need voice and I create my own wireless network with an Airport Extreme; therefore, Comcast's giant all-in-one Arris Residential Gateway had to go. The Netgear CM-500 is a perfect replacement that does what I want it to do: Provide fast, Internet access.

FAST: I am getting 120 MBS downstream on my Comcast Blast Service.

GREAT PRICE VERSUS RENTING: Pay Amazon now and this modem will save you on Comcast rental fees in less than a year. When possible, I always buy my own equipment from Amazon, because rental fees pile up.

SMALL: By volume, you could fit 6 of these in the 4.6-pound Arris Residential Gateway that Comcast sends you when you activate Triple Play. No thanks. I'll take this little guy that I can tuck neatly in my media cabinet.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2015 9:21 AM PDT

Beolit 15 - Natural Champagne
Beolit 15 - Natural Champagne
Price: $599.00
4 used & new from $479.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost unfair to compare to other bluetooth speakers, more like stationary, home audio, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a music lover. I have some sort of stereo in every room of my house. Jazz to classic rock, vinyl to streaming, I love it all. In addition, I've purchased a half dozen Bluetooth speakers. In fact, I bought the first generation Jam Box the day it came out. I can comfortably say that the Beolit 15 is the best sounding Bluetooth speaker I've used.

// PROS

SOUND: Room-filling bass indoors that actually translates outdoors. It's quite rare that a bluetooth speaker can find any legs outside. The Beolit 15 maintains its richness regardless of location or placement. I'm actually astonished at how good this sounds when paired with an iPhone 6 plus streaming music from iTunes or Pandora.

VIBRATION: The engineers at Bang & Olufsen have hit a home run here. For the amount of bass the Beolit is able to produce, there is only a hint of vibration. Fantastic!

DESIGN: This product is gorgeous. I'm a professional designer and a minimalist. The Beolit 15 looks beautiful wherever I set it. In addition, I love the recessed top. I set my phone there and carry both around using the beautiful, leather strap. The lip ensures my phone won't slip off. I also love the cord storage compartment. It's easy to tuck away the included cord a nd a Lightning cable for my phone, should I want to use the Beolit's built-in usb charger. Nice!

USER INTERFACE: Simplicity rules with the Beolit 15. There are only four buttons on the machine: 1. Power 2. Bluetooth 3. Volume Up 4. Volume Down. It doesn't get any easier: My parents could use this.

PORTABILITY: The Beolit isn't likely something you're going to toss in a suitcase and take on an airplane. It's a heavy piece of kit. However, it is very portable and convenient, practically ready made for patios and picnics. I find myself carrying it around the house with me when I'm doing something that requires moving from room to room.

CONNECTIVITY: My iDevices easily connect to the Beolit. In fact, it's one of the easiest Bluetooth devices to connect to and it's incredibly simple for a new user: Just press the well-labeled Bluetooth button on the top of the machine, find it in your device choices, and you're in. There's also a mini jack if you prefer a direction connection.

// CONS

COST: Yes. This thing is pricey. If you're looking for something to listen to music in your home and you want to sacrifice portability for price, I'd recommend going with a Tivoli Model One. I have one in my bedroom and I love it. Heck, you can get the Tivoli Model Two with a separate Subwoofer (which I have and would also recommend) and you're still not at the cost of the Beolit 15. However, if you're squarely in Bang & Olufsen's intended market for a device of this type (e.g., discerning listener that craves portability and design and isn't concerned about cost), then this is a great way to go. Bear in mind that the Beolit will certainly be a target for thieves. Not necessarily the right option if you're planning to use it in places where it might grow legs and walk away.

// SUMMARY

I absolutely adore this machine and plan to recommend it to my friends. There are so many great use cases for it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19