Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for W. A. Harrell > Reviews

Browse

W. A. Harrell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. A. Harrell RSS Feed (Long Beach, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
12v 30a Dc Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply 360w for CCTV, Radio, Computer Project
Offered by Best Fit For U
Price: $23.89
12 used & new from $18.39

4.0 out of 5 stars reliable PS, March 21, 2016
I use this PS for a number of my vintage transceivers (a Swan cygnet 260, Icom 730 and Atlas 215X). It works great. The power connectors are exposed, so it is a potential shock hazards. A flimsy piece of plastic was provided to "cover" the terminals. It didn't work, so I used duct tape.

Astatic (302-10036) RD104E Road Devil Amplified 4-Pin CB Microphone
Astatic (302-10036) RD104E Road Devil Amplified 4-Pin CB Microphone
Price: $37.54
3 used & new from $35.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mic, March 21, 2016
This is a nice amplified mic that works well with my various vintage transceivers (Swan, Kenwood, Gonset, Atlast).

Safer Brand 05140 The Pantry Pest Trap, 2 Moth Traps
Safer Brand 05140 The Pantry Pest Trap, 2 Moth Traps
Price: $8.71
54 used & new from $2.59

3.0 out of 5 stars expensive flypaper, March 21, 2016
We have a pantry fly infestation. This product is a cardboard "trap" with sticky stuff inside. (Think fly paper.) You drop in a small, square piece of bait saturated paper. Flies are attracted to it, get stuck, die. It sort of works, but is much too expensive. We finally purchased some aerosol bombs that were cheaper, with more killing power.

4 Pcs Metal Body 4mm Female Banana Socket 7mm Thread Binding Post Terminals
4 Pcs Metal Body 4mm Female Banana Socket 7mm Thread Binding Post Terminals
Offered by FAR CLOUD
Price: $3.46
8 used & new from $3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars useful banana sockets, March 21, 2016
These were great for retrofitting a power supply to my vintage Atlas 215X transceiver.

Confessions: The Paris Mysteries
Confessions: The Paris Mysteries
by James Patterson
Price: $9.99
85 used & new from $2.02

1.0 out of 5 stars I liked the cover but forget what's inside, March 21, 2016
When am I going to smarten up and read the Amazon reviews before I read another Patterson/Paetro novel? First of all, the good things about my experience. The book is fairly short and a quick read. It only took about two hours to complete. It's perfect for sitting on the beach, drinking some beer, and working on a tan. You can finish the book before you are badly burnt. I think that's what the authors had in mind: a quick, mindless novel for reading at the beach instead of watching TV runs during the summer. Second, I didn't have to pay for it. My local library did. All of the bad points have been well documented by other reviewers. Heed what they say. The plot is trivial, contrived, not well thought out and unresolved. The characters are trivial, contrived, not well thought out and unresolved. (I strongly suspect this book was ghost written by a seventh grader taking a summer school creative writing course.)

MFJ Enterprises Original MFJ-261 Dummy Load, 30 Watt, DC-500 MHz, PL-259
MFJ Enterprises Original MFJ-261 Dummy Load, 30 Watt, DC-500 MHz, PL-259
Offered by Hamcity com
Price: $35.95
5 used & new from $30.67

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, October 3, 2015
I'm not really sure what can go wrong with a low wattage dummy load. I guess I should check for any RF "leakage." It's nice and small and portable.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 Factory Unlocked Cellphone, 8GB, White
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 Factory Unlocked Cellphone, 8GB, White
Offered by Voltage Converter Store
8 used & new from $115.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this., September 4, 2015
I love this little phone. It's reliable. Because it's unlocked I've used it outside of North America with different SIMs. The battery is very long lasting. I'm sold on the brand.

Portable End-Fed 40-6 Meters Dipole Antenna
Portable End-Fed 40-6 Meters Dipole Antenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, September 4, 2015
These end fed antennae are relatively easy to build--if you have the time to collect the parts and put them together. I don't. This was a relatively inexpensive purchase, plus I like supporting other ham operators who are entrepreneurial and produce made-in-America stuff. I've only done a very quick 40 min "test", which involved taking the antenna to a nearby park in Beverly Hills, throwing the antenna up into a tree, and turning on my Youkits TJ2B transceiver (5 watts). I immediately had contacts up and down the west coast, Idaho, and in the mid-West at 4 in the afternoon on 40 and 20 meters. I am very pleased with both the antenna and transceiver--which I purchased for mobile/emergencies. (We are only 1 mile from the Hollywood fault.) This is by far the best of my portable antennae. It is definitely stealth, blending in nicely.

MARBLE BASE MORSE CODE KEY+LEAD HAM AMATEUR TELEGRAPH
MARBLE BASE MORSE CODE KEY+LEAD HAM AMATEUR TELEGRAPH

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it'll be okay.., August 18, 2015
Interesting morse code key. It included a 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter plug which was so old that it shattered the first time I used it. When I wrote to the distributor, they didn't know what I was talking about, and had me send them photos of the broken piece. I gave up dealing with them and bought a new adapter from elsewhere. I did use it on one of my CW mode transceivers, and it worked okay.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2015 6:14 PM PST

Pit Bull CHIG001302UL Soldering Gun Kit, 5-Piece
Pit Bull CHIG001302UL Soldering Gun Kit, 5-Piece
Offered by EDM
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, August 18, 2015
Go with a Weller. This one failed after the first day. The wattage is much lower than advertised.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8