Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for troops > Reviews

Browse

troops' Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

troops RSS Feed

Hogue Rubber Grip S&W K or L Square Butt Rubber Monogrip
Hogue Rubber Grip S&W K or L Square Butt Rubber Monogrip
Price: $18.59
51 used & new from $18.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Might work for you..., March 28, 2015
I wonder if there is a finger groove-less option because these don't fit my hand well at all. It also would have been nice if they wrapped around the entire grip of the revolver. I usually like finger grooves, but these are good for a smaller hand maybe because these are oddly placed like when I go to grip a midsize Glock (19/23).

Hogue Rubber Grip Sig Sauer P228 Rubber Panels
Hogue Rubber Grip Sig Sauer P228 Rubber Panels
Offered by eCop!
Price: $21.75
22 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality. A very serious accessory., March 28, 2015
I only got these because Sig makes all frames uniform to fit the E2 reduction grips now. This makes the original factory two piece hard plastic grips fit funny because the grip panel to frame contact is not the same, and causes them to shift around when installed at the back seam. Creaky noises can be heard when fondling or gripping (very stupid).

The only sane (cost effective) solution I know of were these Hogue grips that are good to go, giving a nice positive grip without being too tacky (although I do prefer a hard and rough surface). I don't like the wrap around finger grove option (I'm not a goofy finger groove hater) because, to me, those grips are bulkier in every dimension and I wanted to have as close to the (old school) factory feel as I could . These do a great job and fit really solid! I am not recoil sensitive, but was very pleased that these grips tamed the .40 S&W significantly more than not having them on.

Slip2000 EWG Lube, 1.5-Ounce
Slip2000 EWG Lube, 1.5-Ounce
Price: $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't give five stars easily, so..., March 28, 2015
I only have experience with the Sig recommended mil comm T25b and Slip EWG only. I like the EWG better because it's a little thicker and stays longer. It also seems unaffected by weather conditions, carbon or heat when running longer than usual range sessions (i.e. no need to reapply). Also, I like CLP, but when it comes to running AR's there is no comparison to the performance that EWG gives.

The best way I found to apply it, is to use a small soft tipped painting brush. Also, a little goes a long way. No need to spend a ton of time either, or be a weirdo that globs on long strips then ends up with a ton of excess after working the action (what a waist of money). I put on enough to make the area that I want lubricated shiny, and if I think more is needed then I put more. I am so pleased with this product that I have no interest in searching for anything else. EWG or Extreme Weapons Grease is exactly that.

However, If I can find a huge tub of something similar for less money that is also non-toxic then all bets are off, but I think I'll stick with EWG being that I'd have to hope to find something with the exact same viscosity and other properties. Not a big fan of unnecessary head-aches, so forget it.... Don't feel like spending the time or money finding something that might not exist when I'm happy with the product marketed for the purpose already.

SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Paolo Bonacelli
Price: $26.19
19 used & new from $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nah... needs garlic., March 28, 2015
I'll let the book take me on the ride; this movie is not as shocking as people make it seem. If justice was done for a remake that held no punches then yes, I think that an honest attempt would get the point across better. Don't get me wrong, this original movie is not total garbage and does show what unlimited and undisturbed power could lead to, but c'mon the ones in power eating poop too? Gimme a break! With all that they did to these poor people, I never really felt the impact. Yes, it was messed up, it's just that everything was poorly executed which took me out of the experience they thought they were going to give. Don't get me wrong, I think that the torture sub-genre of Horror is sick. I reference the SAW movies; the first one I could stomach and had a great twist, but I had to quit by the middle of the 3rd one where that dudes body was being broken by that full body twist machine (WTF?). One would figure that Salo the film should have shocked like that (the way that people talk and write about it).

I know that Salo was made in the '70's and was a foreign film but for those that don't know, there are tons of great old foreign films that are superb, and are everything American cinema has not been for the most part, so yeah, Salo could have been executed much better. But since the film is most likely a long propaganda film, it is of course just trying to make short points and move on which is exactly what the Salo film did. I expected so much more and was let down.

I think that the people who rave about Salo do have valid points because of all that is behind the visuals, and I get it (blah, blah, blah). But I also think that some are trying to be too artsy-fartsy, but instead come off sounding a bit pretentious, people who are trying to justify even knowing about a film like Salo because they tirelessly give it praise to no end (geez, must be the only edgy movie they've ever seen...). Just an opinion.

Hoppe's Elite Gun Cleaner, 8 oz. Spray Bottle
Hoppe's Elite Gun Cleaner, 8 oz. Spray Bottle
Price: $12.99
45 used & new from $11.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true?, January 13, 2014
Yeah, this stuff is water based, so what? Just wipe dry after using it. Without a water source whatever water that is left behind will evaporate (besides it's not like it's pure water anyway). I then swab an oily patch thru the barrel and a couple more dry patches leaving a thin layer of oil over night.

Cleaning barrels sucks. Not because it's hard, but it seems like you are never done. Elite formula is a long time coming. This is truly the next level of cleaning.This is no snake oil, this IS the real deal!. It's unbelievable what this removes after I've cleaned how I normally do. Hoppes says about what this product will do is exactly what it does!

I recommend using Hoppes Elite after your normal cleaning. I'm used to the old oil, Q-tips, brushes, patches, and rags bit. I agree that you should use this method to get rid of major debris initially, but don't spend the time you are used to. Use a single spray of Elite on a 2"x 2" patch go over everything until the patch is totally black then set up another and continue until clean. Then go over with dry patches and you will have a white-glove-approved clean and fast!

Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mannibalector [Explicit]
Mannibalector [Explicit]
Price: $11.99
29 used & new from $6.60

3.0 out of 5 stars How is Lynch even around anymore?, August 4, 2013
Man, I love me some Lynch, but just like Too $hort and C-BO, the music has been horrible to mediocre for over 10 years. These are my FAVORITE rappers too!!! With Lynch; it's like he doesn't even listen to the finished product and just releases anything he makes. The beats are too fast, his altered flow style that he's switched too (after loaded) is confusing and he keeps having sorry ass people rap on his songs. Not to mention that there is nothing clever about what he says, he just says stuff and thinks that talking crazy is going to be enough of a style. Man, I remember seasons of da sickness and loaded which are master pieces! It's like he has no creative control or someone he used to work with made it all work and now Lynch has been lost for 15 years! What's even crazier is people giving rave reviews about garbage!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2013 2:32 AM PST

Uniden UDW20553 Wireless Video Surveillance System with 7-Inch LCD Color Monitor and 3 Cameras

1.0 out of 5 stars A glitchy experience., October 27, 2012
I thought that this product would work good. Big mistake. I've placed each camera at 2ft & 15ft away from the receiver [Uniden claims up to 500ft interference free] One or the other camera constantly loses their signal so, no good if surveying/ recording. I'm using a brand new Dell pc desk top and it's only task is to run this surveillance system. The software constantly has run time error window pop-ups that renders this surveillance system's sole purpose useless [so I have to be mindful to close the program and reopen it in order to achieve 24 hour surveillance ].The software only records from one camera at a time. I have one camera pointed at the entrance door, from the inside, & had the software set to record when motion is detected. Came home to find 1-2 minute videos from when I left at 12 noon to past 4pm that show nothing but my closed door which are not very fun to go through and delete. What an awful product.

Bill Burr: Let It Go
Bill Burr: Let It Go
DVD ~ Bill Burr
Offered by Jumpin Joes
Price: $5.98
24 used & new from $2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars This was excellent!, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Bill Burr: Let It Go (DVD)
Needing to continue from the unfortunate passing of George Carlin, I came across this standup on NetfFlix where I immediatly recognized Bill from Chappelle's Show, and liked what he contributed. "Let It Go" is hilarious!!! I wasn't sure what I was in for, but I found myself laughing throughout the entire act!!! I just had to have the dvd!!! I also purchased Bill's earlier act on dvd as well which is very funny. Great semi-impressions, transitions are superb, and his meanings are very easy to follow.

Next is my little message to Bill...

Bill, you are very funny. There is no age limitations on being a great comedian. Be flexible with where you go and who you do it with while keeping your own brand genuinely you. Keep up the good work. You are on your way to being a legend!

Thank you to Amazon for having these titles available!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except for...., July 5, 2012
This is a great vertical grip. I found out about it through "the armory channel" on youtube. This grip is very unique compared to other options in that it is metal, shorter, stationary, solid and wide. No play whatsoever once attached. These are great attributes to have along with the diamond cuts for traction. The compartment is silly (shot of rum, very short matches...?), could be useful for storage, and is a nice effort from UTG.

I also like the indentation towards the top that wraps around. My only concern is that if you are planning on a lengthy session using this grip you may want to have on a glove; the vice that clamps onto the rail has a very square platform, and although the indentation I mentioned maybe designed to prevent any higher of a grip, the weight of the rifle will assure contact with the square platform. The square corners will fatigue the hand. This is not a problem if the trip to the range is straight forward and casual. For any other use though be sure to wear a glove of some kind. However, I feel that this issue is dwarfed by what the grip offers to the user overall. Highly recommended!!!!

Stone
Stone
DVD ~ Robert De Niro
Price: $9.99
88 used & new from $0.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wrap my head around these negative reviews., February 15, 2012
This review is from: Stone (DVD)
This movie was great. I feel that the negative reviews were from people whose movie library consists of a lot of Van Damme, and Steven Seagal (people who don't care to strain the brain too often).

The film impressed me so much with its content by tackling real, but not so obvious, fundamental issues within society. Religion vs. unconventional knowledge of the same faith, faith issues, core beliefs as well as core being, conformity, inner demons, restraint, conservatism, desire, motivation, vulnerability, temptation, technological hazards, alternative healing, inner peace, etc. The list goes on!

Not all movies need to be systematic spectacles that support the bourgeoisie agenda. This movie was made to grab your attention, and to make you think.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2013 6:47 PM PDT