Profile for Mike > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike "cautious consumer" RSS Feed (Folsom, LA)

Casio Men's PAG240T-7CR Pathfinder Triple-Sensor Stainless Steel Watch with Titanium Bracelet
Price: $182.58
23 used & new from $154.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch I ever owned, April 16, 2012
Beats every hi end watch hands down. I rarely spend over $500 for a watch but have owned several Seikos in that price range. This Pathfinder is fantastic and beats every brand and type of watch I have ever owned. In the Army Rangers, I/we used Seikos for accuracy and as a macho thing. I wish this watch would have been available back then. It is incredibly accurate, never runs out of power is tough titanium and classy as can be. I'm retired now and partially disabled so cannot use the bells and whistles like I wish but we have 20 acres in farm and woods and this thing is incredible for the 'survival' tools included. I have another Casio Sport Pathfinder that I misplaced. It has almost the same bells and whistles as the Titanium but is made from durable black plastic/rubber. I wore it when doing the rough stuff as to not damage my 'nicer' watches. I missed it so much I went for the Titanium Pathfinder and am glad I misplaced the Sport. I never take off the Titanium even when doing the rough stuff outside. It is incredibly resistant, never seems to scratch and all I do is wipe it down and my wife and I can go to church or a nice restaurant. I get more complements for this than for any other watch I have ever owned. We found my Sport Pathfinder and I feel guilty. Like I bought home a new puppy that is a favorite and the ol reliable has to sit alone and is lucky to be put by a window to recharge the solar battery. I didn't mind finding new homes for my pretty Seikos but I can't give up my Sport. Reminds me to much of the Titanium.
If you like the outdoors and NEED to keep accurate time, the Casio Pathfinder is a must.

LE USB Sync Charger adapter Cable for Apple iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen
LE USB Sync Charger adapter Cable for Apple iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen
Offered by XOXO Mobile
Price: $2.99
7 used & new from $2.92

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and good, November 28, 2011
After loosing the little bitty USB cable for my brand new iPod shuffle, I thought all I had to do was go back to Target to get a new one. Ha. Ha ha after Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Radio Shack. I even went to the Apple site and was flustered. Thanx Amazon. My $49.99 shuffle loaded with all my goodies is saved. The USB works fine and is actually better made than the original.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars price is for a stand- not a kiln, October 20, 2011
The add is very misleading. If you go to the site, the glass kiln is priced in the $2500 range. The only item less than $200 is a "furniture kit" of which no pictures are provided. The old bait and switch bought to an all time high. If the company has to mislead customers before one has a chance to even see the product, I shudder at the thought of what type of customer support a buyer would receive. Very disappointing.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2013 8:25 AM PST

Apex Tool Group 7135W Replacement Soldering Gun Tip
Apex Tool Group 7135W Replacement Soldering Gun Tip
Price: $6.58
46 used & new from $4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars getting a part instead of replacing a unit, June 29, 2011
A soldering iron is an essential piece of equipment for a handyman. The neat little Weller pistol grip soldering gun is reasonably priced and gets the little jobs done around the house and works well with a lot of crafts. It comes with a replacement tip for smoothing solder globs so you would think if the actual soldering tip breaks, it would be easy to find a replacement. HAH. I went to every hardware, craft and auto shop in a 45 mile area. As I was ready to give in and buy a NEW gun, my wife recommended I look it up on the internet. Surprise, Weller does not offer them but I lucked out by tagging an Amazon link and 'lickity split' 2 replacement tips arived in 3 days at a very reasonable price. Thank you Amazon. You guys are in my contact list for 'Go To' when you need something fast and reasonable.