Profile for Scott > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
kate spade new york Women's 1YRU0161 Skyline Gold-Plated Stainless Steel Black Watch
Price: $169.45
5 used & new from $160.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and attractive watch at a reasonable price, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The stock image on Amazon doesn't really do this watch justice. The image looks like the watch is a bit cheap, but it is really nice quality. It comes in an attractive box, wrapped around a cushioned insert (most watches of this price would have a cardboard one). I had to adjust the time when I first took it out, but it has been almost a month since then and it has only lost 7 seconds. band adjustment was pretty painless, using a safety pin to make it a little smaller. Although I thought the pink contrasted with the gold a bit too much, I now think it is pretty stylish and like the design.

OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES for Samsung Galaxy S6 - Retail Packaging - Glacier (White/Gunmetal Grey)
Price: $39.52
6 used & new from $36.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great case if you don't mind the bulk, May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first time trying out an OtterBox, mainly because I never wanted to spend that kind of money before. However with a $1,000+ phone, I wanted to make sure it was protected. Although I hated covering up the beautiful metal finish on the S6, the Defender case looks pretty good once it's on the phone. It does add a decent amount of bulk to the phone, but not nearly as much as I was expecting and it grew on me over tie so that I don't really notice it anymore. More importantly, the Defender will definitely protect your phone. If you want something slimmer, there is always the OtterBox Commuter version, but the Defender offers ultimate protection. As someone who is pretty active outdoors, I have no worries at all about my phone getting damaged on backpacking trips.

Galaxy S6 Case, Obliq [3 Interchangeable Frames] Samsung Galaxy S6 Cases [Dual Poly Bumper] -Gold Platinum, Satin Silver, and Black Sapphire
Offered by OBLIQ
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay for an average phone case, May 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never heard of Obliq before and don't know anything about the quality of their cases, but received one for a Galaxy S6 to try out. It comes with three pieces - a back piece, and interchangeable black and sapphire bumpers. It is easy to put on, but having the case as two pieces is a bit annoying if you frequently take your case off, since the edge bumper is pretty easy to use. It is plastic and seems like it does a reasonable job of protecting my phone, however the metallic finish doesn't really look like real metal. It doesn't look bad, but it definitely doesn't look as good as the original Samsung finish. It's not a bad case for the price if you want something minimal, but there are better options out there if you are willing to spend more for something more rugged and/or something that looks a little better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2015 5:09 PM PDT

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 - Clear
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 - Clear
Price: $26.99
6 used & new from $22.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive case that offers a lot of protection, May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
UAG cases are my favorite protection for my device. I had one for a couple years on my Samsung Galaxy S4, and now I'm using one on my S6 Edge. This case for the S6 is just as good as I have come to expect from UAG. It is fairly thin so it doesn't add a lot of bulk to your phone, but it still offers a lot of protection. It has some fake screws and welds on it, but they don't come across as tacky like you might expect and look pretty good. Best of all, the case is really easy to get on and remove if you like to do that a lot.

BUFFALO 8-Port Gigabit Green Ethernet PoE Switch (BS-GU2008P)
BUFFALO 8-Port Gigabit Green Ethernet PoE Switch (BS-GU2008P)
Offered by biddeal_co
Price: Click here to see our price
36 used & new from $94.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but would prefer a newer PoE+ standard, April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This 8-port switch from Buffalo is fairly small, and comes with Power over Ethernet, so it allows the power to travel through the ethernet cable, and eliminate the need fro a nearby AC outlet. I use it in my house to power my security cameras. Since I have an older house, I don't have any outside power outlets. This way I only have to run one Ethernet cable to the camera, and don't have to deal with having an electrician add an outlet to provide it power. I have previously been using a PoE switch by TP-Link before trying out the Buffalo. I noticed little difference between the two. The Buffalo handled the 100+ feet to my camera without any problems, and has been providing it a steady connection and power for a couple weeks now. My only real complaint about it, is that for this price, I think it should be using the IEEE 802.3at standard instead of the older original 803.3af standard from 2003. 802.3at (known as PoE+) provides more power (25.5 watts vs 15.4).

Purina Beyond Dry Dog Food, Superfood Blend, Barley Sweet Potato and Cranberry Recipe, 14.5-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Price: $27.99
4 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredients and my dog likes the taste., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Purina Beyond Superfood Blend is a slightly above-average kibble with the selling point that it contains nutrient-rich "superfoods." Although the ingredients aren't what I would really call "superfoods," it does have a very respectable ingredient list. The main ingredient is turkey. I always like to see protein as the first ingredient, and I am pretty surprised to see it in a Purina kibble, since I feel like they're usually known to have dog foods that contain a lot of filler. The next three ingredients are fat, fiber, and moisture. There were no ingredients that negatively stood out for me, and I feel confident about giving it to my dog. I didn't wait the 7-10 days Purina recommends and ease him into it, and just switched my dog's food over one day, which I always do. He had no problems with it. I probably won't start feeding my dog the Beyond Superfood, but if I see it on a shelf and it is on sale or reasonably priced, I wouldn't have any problem giving it to my dog.

Mountain House Cinnamon Apples
Mountain House Cinnamon Apples
Price: $16.20
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great but doesn't last long once opened., April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Mountain House products on backpacking trips for years, with a lot of success. I generally like all of their products and they're very convenient for overnights in the woods. I've never tried anything with fruit in it until now though. The can is a bit bigger than I was expecting, but that's because the apple slice look just like regular apple slices, except with the water removed. They taste pretty good and the cinnamon definitely gives an added taste to it. Due to the large size of the can, I won't be taking this on my solo backpacking trips, but it is a great emergency ration and would work well for taking on group camping trips.

Purina ONE SmartBlend Dry Dog Food, True Instinct with Real Salmon & Tuna, 15-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Price: $35.98
5 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars My dog likes the taste, but the ingredients are just average for me., April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never been a real fan of Purina kibble, but wanted to try out the SmartBlend when it was offered to me by Amazon to see if anything had changed in the ten years since I've used it. The first thing I did was look at the ingredient list. Salmon is the main ingredient. So far so good. However then it is followed by corn meal gluten as the second ingredient, and brewer's rice as the fourth. These are pretty much cereal fillers and don't provide for much nutritional value. These are followed by some meat products that I'm okay with, and then a bunch of preservatives at the bottom to prevent it from spoiling. Although I didn't see anything in the ingredient listing I would have a real problem giving my dog, they're not ingredients I would prefer or pay a premium for. When you consider that the recommended feeding size is over twice what I'm giving my dog now, I can assume a lot of that is coming from fillers and water. The kibble itself has a different texture, which didn't make any difference to my dog who is fine with a uniform product. The food is very digestible, as it claims, and my dog had no problem with bowel movements on it. I tried the Purina "28 Day Challenge," and adjusted the recommended feeding amount by more than half based on Purina's instructions, and did see a slight weight loss in my dog, which I was happy with. He seemed to have plenty of energy on this kibble.

Ultimate Body Press Wall or 9ft Ceiling Mount Pull Up Bar
Ultimate Body Press Wall or 9ft Ceiling Mount Pull Up Bar
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $70.31

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit obtrusive but works much better than a door-mounted bar., April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used four different pull up bars over the years, all of them door-mounted. The door mounts work okay, but you have to bend your knees to clear the floor and they always mess up my door frames. This is the first ceiling-mounted pull up bar I've tried. It is 48" on center, so it was easy to mount to my 24" joists, despite the fact that my house is over 100 years old. Installation took about 2 hours, but mostly because I had trouble locating my joists without a stud finder. Once it was up, it was solidly installed, so I didn't have to worry about it coming loose during the middle of a set. It is a bit intrusive in my guest bedroom, so I would recommend taking that into consideration when thinking about using this. The nice thing about a door mount is I can remove it when I'm done. With this, it is up there for good. It has a nice width so you can do wide pull ups, and the best thing is that I don't have to bend my knees anymore when doing pull ups. My only real complaint is that I think the bar is a little too thin for my hands and would prefer if it was a little thicker. I got around this by wrapping tennis grip around the bar.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Potato and Kangaroo Dry Dog Food, 6/4-Pound
Price: $19.79
7 used & new from $15.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the Limited Ingredient Diet line, but I think there are better varieties than the kangaroo formula., March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although kangaroo meat is is unusual in the US, it seems to be fairly common in other parts of the world, and my dog seemed to have no issue with eating it. I'm a big fan of Natural Balance, but unlike some of the other LID line, the first ingredient in this food is a carbohydrate - potato. I would prefer if it was a protein, as there is really very little nutritional value in plain potatoes in dog foods. It might be a little better if it was sweet potato, but even so, having it as the first ingredient seems like they are trying to use it as filler. That aside, I like everything else about this product, and especially its core concept of having a limited number of ingredients that I can easily understand. I probably won't get this flavor again though, and will opt for the venison variety.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20