Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Reviewer #67845 > Reviews

Browse

Reviewer #67845's Profile

Customer Reviews: 842
Top Reviewer Ranking: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviewer #67845 RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord Free Vacuum, (Certified Refurbished)
Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord Free Vacuum, (Certified Refurbished)
Price: $276.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Really powerful vacuum if you don't have too much to pick up., May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never used a Dyson before, but have been intrigued by them from their pretty effective marketing and user reviews. I tried out the V6 Cord Free vacuum, despite having little luck with cordless handheld vacuums. The Dyson came well-packed with picture instructions, which weren't really needed as it was very intuitive and easy to put together. It only took a few minutes. It's very easy to use as well. It has an on switch, and just one button labeled "Max." To use the handheld portion of it, you just press a button and it unclips. It's very easy to hold and light enough that you won't get tired from holding it. The full vacuum doesn't look like much, but maneuvers very well into tight corners and under beds.

The great thing about the Dyson V6 is that it has a ton of power for such a tiny motor. It dopes fine in normal mode, but when you press the Max button, it really takes off. It is very difficult to go back to regular mode after you have experienced the Max feature. However the manual says you will only get about 6 minutes of battery life on that setting. I have a Siberian husky who sheds all over the place, and even though this vacuum is not designed for pet hair, it does a pretty decent job of picking it up, although I did have to make multiple passes on carpet. The only real disadvantage of this vacuum is that it has a really small dirt receptacle.

Logitech G610 Orion Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-007857)
Logitech G610 Orion Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-007857)
Price: $89.99
15 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown switches are great if you want a quieter option., May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used a Logitech membrane gaming keyboard for the last year and it was pretty nice, but nowhere near as nice as when I switched to a mechanical keyboard. If you have never used a mechanical keyboard, you should definitely try one out, and also try out the different switches to see which ones work best for you. For gaming, I prefer the Corsair K70 with red switches, but I really like this Logitech G610 as a work keyboard, even though that is not what it is designed for. The brown switches aren't as loud on the reds on my Corsair, and don't require as much force to engage the key. If you're gaming and don't want a keyboard as loud as the K70, the G610 is a good alternative, especially if you have roommates. I like that the media controls are mostly out of the way and don't take up a lot of room on the keyboard so it still maintains a fairly small footprint. The back lighting is also easy to mute and not too bright.

Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB
Price: $169.99
9 used & new from $165.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison to the K70 Cherry Reds, May 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using the Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for the last few months. It is basically the exact same keyboard, with the exception that it has Cherry MX Red switches, and this K70 has the new Cherry MX Speed switches. If you've never used a mechanical keyboard before, I highly recommend you try one out before buying so you can make sure they are right for you. Mine definitely took some time to get used to due to the raised height of the switches and different tactile feedback. Now that I've been using it awhile, I love it. It definitely makes for a more enjoyable gaming experience. Having used tried out the Cherry reds, blues, and browns, the reds do feel like they are a better fit for gaming. The main difference between the cherry reds and these new speed switches is the 1.2mm actuation point, compared to the 2mm of the reds. Actuation point is how far down you have to press to have the keyboard register the stroke. The idea behind these being that a lower actuation point means the keyboard will register it faster, hence where the "speed" comes in. But to put that in perspective, we are talking about 8/10 of a millimeter. That is an extremely short distance. After a week of using the speeds, I really do not feel like these switches offer much of a significant advantage over the reds. I am not a competitive gamer, but I can't imagine there are people that are that fast that these will benefit them too much, except for maybe the competitive CS:GO scene.

Where these switches really benefit me, is that I think the lower height makes it easier to type. Since getting my original K70, I find myself making a lot more typos, probably due to the height of the switches compared with the membrane keyboards I grew up on. These speed switches don't help me as much in gameplay, but they do help in that I get the benefits of a mechanical keyboard, with something that is easier to use as an everyday keyboard as well.

As to the other features of the K70,. the individual LED backlighting is pretty amazing and leaves to some incredible customization. You can create all kinds of profiles and make it do some crazy stuff, but the novelty of it got boring after a few days and I just configured it to a standard WASD setup. The majority of gamers using this keyboard are not going to be looking down at their keys so it is not as functional as it might seem, although it does look cool in the dark.

OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - BLACK
Price: $35.96
8 used & new from $29.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey for a standard case, but should definitely protect it., May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never been a huge fan of Otterbox cases because they're too thick and bulky. The Symmetry model is their slim offering for those that want Otterbox protection without turning their phone into a brick. This is a thin, no-frills cases.It slips on easily and holds the phone securely. The case is very rigid and seems like it will do a good job of protecting the phone. The rocker buttons easily make contact with the volume buttons on the phone to control it through the case. I'm glad Otterbox has expanded into making a lot of different designs and colors now, because the black version of this case is very bland and, for the price, I would recommend getting something with more flair. Although I don't like to comment on price in my reviews, I don't believe this case justifies paying anywhere close to the full MSRP on it, especially when compared to something like a UAG case or Speck. I do believe it will offer a little bit more protection than those cases, but not enough to explain the price increase. If you can get it for a discount I would recommend it.

OtterBox STRADA SERIES Leather Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - PHANTOM (BLACK/BLACK LEATHER)
Price: $44.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as long as you only need to hold one card, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been wanting a folio wallet case for my S7 to hopefully replace my traditional wallet. The OtterBox Symmetry is the first one I've tried, and it's pretty decent, but has some flaws.

PROS:
It is a really great looking case. The leather and stitching looks good, and the inside has a nice textured pattern on it. There are holes cut out for the headphone jack, micro USB, and speaker, as well as the phone speaker. The case offers a good amount of protection to the phone, especially since it covers the screen. The phone fits inside the case snugly and is easy to get in. Inside the case, there is a cutout where you can put cash. It will hold up to 5 bills. This is perfect since I always like to carry some cash in my wallet for emergencies. The front flap has an insert where you can store a credit card.

CONS:
The credit card slot is pretty tight. It is easy to get a card in there and remove it, and I'm sure it will loosen up over time, but it is not designed to hold more than one credit card. You can put two cards in there pretty easily, but if you do, the front flap will not close all the way enough for the magnet to meet the case. This isn't a huge deal, but I want the front cover to lay flat against the case, not stick up an extra millimeter. The cutout underneath the phone would be perfect for storing more cards and could probably handle another two cards, but it is too narrow to fit a credit card. Otterbox could have cut more of this area out on the sides for it to hold cards you don't use as often, like a backup card and your ID. That would have made this case almost perfect. I will likely try to cut this area out myself with an xacto knife. You can simply place a single card over this slot and directly under your phone, but then the volume rocker on the side won't line up flush with the case buttons so you won't be able to easily adjust the volume using the case.
- It is a bit awkward to take pictures, since folding the front flap back covers up the camera. You have to hold the flap open to take a picture. Not a big deal but a con nevertheless.
- Lastly, the case covers up the S7 completely. Most wallet cases will do this, but a lot of people bought the S7 edge because it looks so great and to show off the edges. You can't do that with the cover closed. You also can't take advantage of the Always On Display and edge notifications with the cover flap closed.

I do think this wallet case could be much better if it was designed to hold at least two cards. Then I could actually replace my wallet. Ideally, someone will come out with an S7 wallet case that doesn't have a front flap that covers the display, and holds 2-3 cards in the back of the case without adding much bulk. This is a pretty good case though if you don't need to entirely replace your actual wallet and understand its limitations.

Update: I was able to use a box cutter to remove the extra plastic on the slot underneath the phone, so it now is large enough to hold two credit cards. It took about an hour because the plastic is so thick and I was trying not to cut through the back of the case. If you take a sharp knife or blade and continually run it along a line that you want to cut out, you can then use something like a staple remover or knife to pry it up and cut it out. This makes the case much more functional for me now since I can keep my license and a couple bills in this area underneath the phone, and the card I use most frequently in the front flap.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bugaboo Cameleon Breezy Sun Canopy, Artic Grey
Bugaboo Cameleon Breezy Sun Canopy, Artic Grey
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $79.95
13 used & new from $69.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well and looks great, May 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Bugaboo Cameleon I received didn't come with a colored canopy, so I was glad to be offered this one to try out. It attaches easily and looks great. I didn't think I would like the grey and that it would be too bland, but it contrasts nicely with the blank on the stroller. The sun protection is great as well. The side windows let baby look out or let you check on your baby.

TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit PoE Web Managed Easy Smart Switch with 4 PoE Ports (TL-SG108PE)
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $78.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome switch, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several TP-Link switches in my house that I have used over the years, and this is now my favorite. the best part about it is that it has 4 PoE ports. PoE provides power over Ethernet, so I can use it to power all 4 of my security cameras without having to ensure they're next to power outlets. I was worried it wouldn't have enough power to handle all 4 of my cameras, but it works great and I have had no problems with it. It was a web-based interface, but everything is plug and play so it worked just fine out of the box without having to do any configuration.

Speck Products Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Case, CandyShell Clear Case, Military-Grade Protective Case
Price: $35.63
31 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much sturdier than the picture makes it appear, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought this case looked a little cheap based on the image, but decided to try it out based on all of the good reviews. It is a pretty high quality case and sturdier than it looks. The best part though, is that it has a minimal design, so it really shows off the silver finish on my S7. I'll probably switch my phone case occasionally from my UAG to this.

DII Bone Dry Warm, Soft, Plush, Microfiber Pet Blanket for Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Dog House, 36x48", Red
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and my dog enjoys it., April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The description is very accurate. This dog throw is soft, plush, and warm. It is probably the softest dog blanket I have owned, although I doubt my dog cares too much about that. It's a bit smaller than I would like for my shepherd/husky mix, but serves well to give him a soft place to lay down in the back of my car.

DII Bone Dry Warm, Soft, Plush, Pet Throw Blanket for Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Dog House, 50x60", Navy
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great throw, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like to keep a towel in the back of my car for my dog to lie on for long trips, or to line his kennel with. This pet throw is very soft. If my dog hadn't already claimed it, I would probably use it for myself. It's also much larger than I would have expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20