Profile for Scott > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott RSS Feed
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Natural Balance Ingredient Treats Duck Meal Dental Chews for Small to Medium Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $19.13
16 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars You can feel better giving this to your dog after reading the ingredient list, September 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second time I have tried Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Treats, and they are becoming my new favorite treat for my dog. I previously tried out the Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal treats from the LIT line and was very satisfied with them as an alternative to Greenies dental chews, mostly due to the idea that instead of being made of 20+ ingredients, these contain only a handful and you can easily recognize what all of the ingredients are. Dental chews are a great alternative for dogs like mine that don't take well to brushing. I have tried brushing my dog's teeth in the past, but I can usually only get his canines. He doesn't let me get a brush to his back teeth or the ones on the bottom. Because of this, I resort to using dental chews a lot to keep his teeth clean. The Natural Balance "Medium to Large Dogs" size is equivalent to the Greenies "Regular" size treats. These treats have ridges on both sides, which I think allows for more of a cleaning surface than a smooth dental chew. Like the Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal treats, my dog loves this flavor as well.

Natural Balance Ingredient Treats Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal Dental Chews for Medium to Large Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $18.65
15 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars More natural and limited ingredients compared to other chews, August 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tried brushing my dog's teeth in the past, but I can usually only get his canines. He doesn't let me get a brush to his back teeth or the ones on the bottom. Because of this, I resort to using dental chews a lot to keep his teeth clean. Although I have used Greenies a lot in the past, I'm always looking for alternatives. The Natural Balance "Medium to Large Dogs" size is equivalent to the Greenies "Regular" size treats. One thing I like about them is that they have ridged ends on both sides, which I think allows for more of a cleaning surface. The best part about the Natural Balance treats though, is the ingredient list. From reading the back of a Greenies package, the ingredients aren't bad by any means, but they're not as "natural" as these. The main ingredients in Greenies are Wheat flour, glycerin, wheat protein isolate, and gelatin. The main ingredients in the Natural Balance L.I.T. (which stands for "limited ingredient treats) treats are Dried Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Potato Protein, Chicken, and Chicken Meal. They are also made up of only 14 ingredients compared to 30+ from the Greenies. I definitely feel better about giving my dog something with more natural ingredients, especially when I know what they all are (unlike "dl-alpha tocopherol acetate" from Greenies). My dog seems to love them and I'll keep using these as a dental chew for awhile.

Westinghouse 7800000 Brentford Indoor/Outdoor Five-Blade Reversible Ceiling Fan with Clear Seeded Glass, 52-Inch, Aged Walnut Finish
Price: $310.28
3 used & new from $289.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and looks great, August 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never tried out a Westinghouse ceiling fan before, but have installed dozens by Harbor Breeze and Hunter. I normally use less expensive fans, but I know there is a market for higher-end fans like this Brentford. When I started unpacking it, I could tell where the money had gone. The materials are very high quality. There is a noticeable difference in the craftmanship of the blades than on a lower-end ceiling fan that may have blades made of pre-fabricated material. Although no one is ever going to touch them and I doubt many people look up, I think the blades look higher quality as well. The glass lantern looks pretty nice as well. Installation was very easy and I had it installed on a patio in 45 minutes. It is designed for use in wet locations, so it is perfect for the high humidity area I live in.

The fan has five blades. A lot of ceiling fans now are going to four blades. I can definitely tell a difference in the amount of air pushed out with the extra blade. The blades are pretty long at 52 inches. This fan does a great job at cooling off the porch it is on and you can feel it working at its highest setting. I like the width of the blades, which are wider than a standard ceiling fan blade but not as wide as a lot of the outdoor ceiling fan blades. Even though I didn't think I liked the design too much when I first saw it, it has really grown on me and the rustic appearance is a great look for my outdoor porch.

BSN N.O.-XPLODE - Fruit Punch, 1.22 lb (30 servings)
BSN N.O.-XPLODE - Fruit Punch, 1.22 lb (30 servings)
Offered by PPN Wholesale
Price: $26.40
14 used & new from $24.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Some focus and energy, but not as much as I'd like, August 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used N.O.-XPLODE in the past as a pre-workout formula. Although I prefer Jack3d for the amount of focus I get, I have had some success with N.O. It's not as concentrated as Jack3d so the serving scoop is bigger, but you still get 30 servings in a fairly small container. The fruit punch flavor tastes pretty good and isn't as bitter as Jack3d, and is one of the better-tasting pre-workout formulas I have had. The instructions recommend one scoop 20-30 minutes before your workout. I have tried taking it at different times from 20-45 minutes before working out, and from amounts ranging from one to two scoops. I never really got the "explosive energy an focus" that I might have been expecting, or that I have gotten on some other pre-workout formulas when lifting. I do seem to get pretty good energy from it when taken before running or other cardiovascular exercise though. I do feel like it provides a bit of energy during my workouts, just not the amounts I am used to. I'll continue to use it for awhile until it runs out. I have been using BSN products for several years (mostly SYNTHA-6) and have a lot of confidence in the quality of the ingredients they use.

Now Designs Ripple Towel Set of 2, White
Now Designs Ripple Towel Set of 2, White
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $15.49
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very absorbent, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have read the reviews about these towels unraveling after several washes but after ten washes now, I haven't seen any evidence of deterioration with my towels. I have used them many times in the short time I have had them and they are super absorbent. They are very soft and look nice in my kitchen even though there is no real design to them. They are a bit bigger than a traditional kitchen towel.

OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
Price: $15.68

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a decent inexpensive butter dish. It does ..., August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a decent inexpensive butter dish. It does have tablespoon measuring marks on it and a lip on one side only, so you can conveniently cut butter into measured servings without having to save the paper that comes with it. There are grips on it so it doesn't move around much when cutting on a table. My only complaint with it is that the clear top just kind of sits on the top, and does not lock or click into place. That would earn it five stars in my opinion.

Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles) (Volume 4)
Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles) (Volume 4)
by Jillian Dodd
Price: $13.03
14 used & new from $12.42

2.0 out of 5 stars The writing gets worse with each book, and Keatyn keeps getting dumber., August 17, 2014
"Love Me" is book 4 of the Keatyn Chronicles and immediately folllows "Date Me." If you are reading this review, it is assumed you have read the three books preceding this and are familiar with the storyline and characters. The majority of "Love Me's" plot involves Keatyn's relationship with Dawson and pseudo-relationship with Aiden, along with some minor Whitney drama and a couple random Vincent events thrown in. If you enjoyed the first three books in the series, you will probaably like "Love Me" as it follows the same pattern of love and loss and teenage anguish over boys. However it still has all of the faults of the first three books:

- Keatyn has not matured at all. In fact, she has regressed. She is even more immature and spoiled than in previous novels. She constantly complains about Aiden being into other girls, despite the fact that he hasn't been with anyone since school started. At the same time, Keatyn hooks up with multiple guys, many times right in front of him. However if another girl even talks to Aiden she dismisses him as not interested in her. Keatyn is constantly questioning whether Aiden likes her, despite many grand romantic gestures on his part and him pretty much straight up telling her. If it wasn't obvious from the previous book, "Love Me" makes it abundantly clear that Keatyn is an idiot. Riley sums it up best with his statement "Keatyn, I swear, you are clueless." Keatyn remains as selfish as ever. She even says "I know Dallas thinks I need to choose, but I don't want to." She would rather continue having sex with Dawson, kissing Dallas and Jake occasionally, and making out with Aiden and leading him on than make a commitment, yet she wants everyone to commit to her. She is an enormous hypocrite. She complains that Aiden "can't be my forever love. He's already given up on me" yet she gives up on him multiple times over the most ridiculous reasons.

- Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. There aren't too many, but maybe a dozen that should have been caught by an editor or proofreader.

- Characters are very poorly developed. All of the guys are cookie cutter clones of each other. The only way to differentiate them is by their names. Same goes with the girls. The only difference between them is their level of meanness to each other. Dodd still has no character development in her stories. The only two I can think of are Shark, because he gambles and his hookups aren't discussed in detail, and Logan, simply because he dislikes Keatyn. That could almost lead to some interesting storylines, except it is ruined when halfway through the book, Logan sits down next to Keatyn and just starts talking to her about girls. No mention at all about his pst animosity to her or how it was resolved. This also moves him out of the realm of "possibly interesting character" and he becomes just another Eastbrooke clone.

- The ending of the book is ridiculous. Take any progress Keatyn might have made in the few chapters prior to it and throw it out the window when you see what decision she makes at the end. It will pretty much ensure you buy the novella, "Adore Me," just to make sure it doesn't turn out to be a dream and she actually made that decision.

As I said, if you have liked the series thus far, you will likely continue to enjoy it as it is pretty much more of the same. But if you have been expecting Dodd's writing to improve, don't look to "Love Me" for it.

Bowflex 7559BOW Caloric and BMI Scale
Bowflex 7559BOW Caloric and BMI Scale
Price: $39.48
27 used & new from $32.97

5.0 out of 5 stars BMI and caloric intake are a nice bonus, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Floor scales that calculate that do anything other than calculate weight have always been a miss for me. They are either too complicated to operate with your toes or they are inacurate. Since the Blowflex 7559 is not a body fact scale, I figured it might be different and worth checking it. It is advertised as a "caloric and BMI" scale. Along with your weight, it tells you calories needed to maintain current weight, as well as your Body Mass Index. This seems easy enough to do since those are both formulas and the scale just needs to make a calculation based on your current weight, along with information that is stored, such as your height and gender. First of all, it looks really nice. The scale is slim, has a contemporary design, and looks good on my bathroom floor. It doesn't get very dirty and is easy to clean. The digital readout is easy to read and I don't have to bend over to make out the numbers. It provides a readout very quickly without having to continually calibrate it. Most importantly, the scale is accurate. I used Bowflex Selecttech 52.5 lb dumbbells and it came out perfectly, even though I expected them to be off by a few ounces. The weight is consistent. Even though my weight might fluctuate, I have used scales enough to know when one is off or not very accurate on a daily basis. Lastly, even though the BMI and caloric numbers are easily found on web sites that will track all of that for you, it is very convenient having them built into the scale so I have one less thing to do. The constant reminder of these when I weight myself also help to reinforce weight loss goals.

Orbit Baby G3 Stroller Seat, Mocha
Orbit Baby G3 Stroller Seat, Mocha
Price: $199.99
15 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller seat, but you will have to purchase the frame separately to use it., August 3, 2014
The Orbit Baby G3 stroller seat is a component stroller system, meaning that this stroller seat is designed to attach to the G3 Stroller Frame which is sold separately. The stroller seat and frame make a completed stroller, and then there are optional components you can add to it to customize your stroller. The stroller seat is very high quality. It has quality stitching and good fabric which is easy to clean. Although it might look complicated, the stroller seat clips right into the frame base. After it is secured, you can rotate it 360 degrees to face forward or to face you, and then it can incline as well. What's even better, is that you can do all of that with one handle while still pushing the stroller. I haven't seen other strollers with this option and really like it. The stroller handle has a clip on snack tray that is easy to open. The buckle system uses two clips that connect into a center buckle, so it is easy to put on and remove without having to make a lot of adjustments. The foot rest is also very adjustable and can be moved in and out to accommodate your baby's growth.

Since the G3 can be used for children up to 50 pounds, you'll get a lot of use out of it without having to replace it with a larger stroller, so that should be taken into consideration given the higher price. You do have to remove the seat from the stroller frame in order to put it in your car, but it is so easy to remove this should not be an issue.

Iams Healthy Naturals Weight Management with Chicken Premium Dog Dry Food, 12.5-Pound
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A healthier and more natural alternative to some of the grocery kibbles, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although my dog isn't really overweight, I tried out the Iam Healthy Naturals for a couple weeks to see if he could lose a few pounds on it to prevent him from getting overweight to begin with. I like that it's from the Iams Naturals line. I've tried out products from this line in the past and like the ingredients and focus on natural products. Since I like to give my dog apples and carrots, I also like that this variety has fruits and vegetables. My dog seems to like it, but then again, he will pretty much eat anything I give him and is not a picky eater. As far as weight management goes, I actually started feeding him half a cup more of the Iams than my usual Orijen since it doesn't have as much protein, and he has maintained his previous weight without any gain or loss. More time will probably give me a better chance to determine its effectiveness in the long run, but for now, it seems to be working.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20