Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Reviewer #67845 > Reviews

Browse

Reviewer #67845's Profile

Customer Reviews: 848
Top Reviewer Ranking: 131

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviewer #67845 RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Night Therapy Memory Foam 4 Inch Pressure Relief Mattress Topper, Queen
Night Therapy Memory Foam 4 Inch Pressure Relief Mattress Topper, Queen
Price: $158.08
5 used & new from $155.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It is probably a toss up as to whether I like it more than the memory foam mattress I have, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I put this on a guest bed with a spring mattress and tried it out for two weeks. It definitely made a much bigger difference in comfort than when I switched from a regular mattress to a pillow top. It is probably a toss up as to whether I like it more than the memory foam mattress I have. When it arrived, it did have a bit of a smell to it, so I let it air out for two days and it was fine after that. This is a pretty thick mattress pad, but it is very comfortable and does not get as hot as it would seem. I track my sleep with a fitbit and have actually noticed a decrease in the "number of times restless" since I have started using it. My only complaint is that it is so big I couldn't get my sheets over it and had to switch them out with deep pocket fitted sheets.

SPRI Exercise Dice
SPRI Exercise Dice
Price: $19.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat idea, but could use some work, June 23, 2016
This review is from: SPRI Exercise Dice (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am involved with a workout group and have to create and lead bootcamp-style workouts, so this seemed like a great product for a new workout idea that means I don't have to plan as much. It has a pretty decent collection of exercises, including core, cardio, and strength routines. Here are the 12 exercises:

15 burpees
60 second wall sit
25 walking lunges
35 air squats
40 tricep dips
50 russian twists
SPRI (I guess this means sprint? There are no instructions)
45 second plank
30 push ups
65 jumping jacks
55 second rest
75 crunches

PROS: This is a somewhat neat and unusual idea, and these are all exercises I currently do. It can make the workouts a little more fun.

CONS:
- The die is extremely hard to read. The dark red on black is not an optimal choice. I don't know why they didn't go with yellow or white. Even sitting at my computer staring 65 inches away, I have to squint to read it. Good luck using this right before dawn when you're more than a few feet away.
- Some of the exercises don't have an equivalent number of reps. 65 jumping jacks and 75 crunches takes way too long to do compared to 45 second plank. 75 crunches is also too many. What happens if you roll that twice in a row? It's not really an effective number if you're doing these exercises right after each other with no rest.
- The 55 second rest is wasted. What happens if you never roll that, or if you roll it twice in a row? Then you're just standing around for 2 minutes. Instead, rests should be structured, like calling 30 second rest after every 4 rolls. It can be fun though if you're in a group,. since everyone is hoping the dice comes up on rest.
- The wall sit and tricep dips both require the use of objects (unless you use side tricep rises). You could also replace the wall sit with air chair to get around this.

Overall, I think this could use some design changes, and it would also be neat if you could write your own exercises on it with a dry marker or something to modify it, and have the writing be covered by plastic you could flip up. But it does help to remove some of the monotony from regular bootcamp workouts.

Stack-On PS-15-10-B Biometric Personal Safe with Adjustable Shelf, Black
Stack-On PS-15-10-B Biometric Personal Safe with Adjustable Shelf, Black
Price: $77.60
36 used & new from $62.28

4.0 out of 5 stars The fingerprint scanner was somewhat easy to set up and is pretty quick to read, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the non-keypad version of this biometric safe. It is bigger than I thought it would be from the pictures. The fingerprint scanner was somewhat easy to set up and is pretty quick to read. I have used it many times and not had any problems with it identifying my fingerprint. The safe seems pretty secure and I didn't see an easy way to force it open. Of course, if someone really wants it they can just walk out with it. I use it to store coffee pods in at work since people are always taking them. It's pretty overkill but definitely does the job and prevents anyone from stealing my coffee.

DHP Paris Futon with independently encased coils, Navy
DHP Paris Futon with independently encased coils, Navy
Offered by Galactic Deals
Price: $350.00
10 used & new from $343.76

5.0 out of 5 stars A high end futon that is great in a living room. I wouldn't recommend this for a kid's room., June 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having passed my college days, I would not ordinarily consider purchasing a futon as I've always thought of them as a "poor man's sofa." The Paris Futon by DHP made me realize how wrong I could be. It arrived at my house boxed up fairly compact, and I was able to get it inside by myself. Assembly was very easy and took less than 30 minutes. A socket drill definitely made things go much smoother since I didn't have to tighten everything by hand. I put it in a guest bedroom. Although the Paris Navy color is too dark for the room, the futon looks really great in it. I would not guess it was a futon by initial sight and it just looks like a modern design sofa. Although it is not as comfortable as a traditional sofa, the cushions are fairly soft and it is easy to take a nap on it. I converted it to a bed and tried it out a couple nights and it was a very comfortable night's sleep. Having used "high end" futons in the past and struggling to convert them to a bed, the DHP is very easy to switch. I have no qualms about asking guests to sleep on it. My only regret is that I don't have it in gray.

Black Pakka Wood 6 pc Steak Knife Set w/ Rubberwood Box
Black Pakka Wood 6 pc Steak Knife Set w/ Rubberwood Box
Price: $104.93
14 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous knife set, June 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using JA Henckels steak knives for several years, but they have just been replaced with these Viking knives. Out of the box, they are really high quality. Full tang with a handle that looks like it will last and not fall apart, these knives not only look great but cut really well too. I don't keep them in the box, but if you have the space for it, it's an easy way to store them. My only complaint is that I wish it came with 8 knives instead of six. This set makes a really great gift.

OtterBox STRADA SERIES Leather Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - TEMPEST NIGHT (TEMPEST BLUE/NAVY BLUE LEATHER)
Price: $44.96
2 used & new from $31.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking real leather and enough slots to hold two cards and some cash., June 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been wanting a folio wallet case for my S7 to hopefully replace my traditional wallet. The OtterBox Symmetry is the first one I've tried, and it's pretty decent, but has some flaws. This is actually the blue version of the case. Compared to the black version, I like it more because the blue leather stands out more from the rubber parts of the case and gives it a better look.

PROS:
It is a really great looking case. The leather and stitching looks good, and the inside has a nice textured pattern on it. There are holes cut out for the headphone jack, micro USB, and speaker, as well as the phone speaker. The case offers a good amount of protection to the phone, especially since it covers the screen. The phone fits inside the case snugly and is easy to get in. Inside the case, there is a cutout where you can put cash. It will hold up to 5 bills. This is perfect since I always like to carry some cash in my wallet for emergencies. The front flap has an insert where you can store a credit card.

CONS:
The credit card slot is pretty tight. It is easy to get a card in there and remove it, and I'm sure it will loosen up over time, but it is not designed to hold more than one credit card. You can put two cards in there pretty easily, but if you do, the front flap will not close all the way enough for the magnet to meet the case. This isn't a huge deal, but I want the front cover to lay flat against the case, not stick up an extra millimeter. The cutout underneath the phone would be perfect for storing more cards and could probably handle another two cards, but it is too narrow to fit a credit card. Otterbox could have cut more of this area out on the sides for it to hold cards you don't use as often, like a backup card and your ID. That would have made this case almost perfect. I will likely try to cut this area out myself with an xacto knife. You can simply place a single card over this slot and directly under your phone, but then the volume rocker on the side won't line up flush with the case buttons so you won't be able to easily adjust the volume using the case.
- It is a bit awkward to take pictures, since folding the front flap back covers up the camera. You have to hold the flap open to take a picture. Not a big deal but a con nevertheless.
- Lastly, the case covers up the S7 completely. Most wallet cases will do this, but a lot of people bought the S7 edge because it looks so great and to show off the edges. You can't do that with the cover closed. You also can't take advantage of the Always On Display and edge notifications with the cover flap closed.

I do think this wallet case could be much better if it was designed to hold at least two cards. Then I could actually replace my wallet. Ideally, someone will come out with an S7 wallet case that doesn't have a front flap that covers the display, and holds 2-3 cards in the back of the case without adding much bulk. This is a pretty good case though if you don't need to entirely replace your actual wallet and understand its limitations.

Update: I was able to use a box cutter to remove the extra plastic on the slot underneath the phone, so it now is large enough to hold two credit cards. It took about an hour because the plastic is so thick and I was trying not to cut through the back of the case. If you take a sharp knife or blade and continually run it along a line that you want to cut out, you can then use something like a staple remover or knife to pry it up and cut it out. This makes the case much more functional for me now since I can keep my license and a couple bills in this area underneath the phone, and the card I use most frequently in the front flap.

Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord Free Vacuum, (Certified Refurbished)
Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord Free Vacuum, (Certified Refurbished)
Price: $287.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Really powerful vacuum if you don't have too much to pick up., May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never used a Dyson before, but have been intrigued by them from their pretty effective marketing and user reviews. I tried out the V6 Cord Free vacuum, despite having little luck with cordless handheld vacuums. The Dyson came well-packed with picture instructions, which weren't really needed as it was very intuitive and easy to put together. It only took a few minutes. It's very easy to use as well. It has an on switch, and just one button labeled "Max." To use the handheld portion of it, you just press a button and it unclips. It's very easy to hold and light enough that you won't get tired from holding it. The full vacuum doesn't look like much, but maneuvers very well into tight corners and under beds.

The great thing about the Dyson V6 is that it has a ton of power for such a tiny motor. It dopes fine in normal mode, but when you press the Max button, it really takes off. It is very difficult to go back to regular mode after you have experienced the Max feature. However the manual says you will only get about 6 minutes of battery life on that setting. I have a Siberian husky who sheds all over the place, and even though this vacuum is not designed for pet hair, it does a pretty decent job of picking it up, although I did have to make multiple passes on carpet. The only real disadvantage of this vacuum is that it has a really small dirt receptacle.

Logitech G610 Orion Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-007857)
Logitech G610 Orion Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-007857)
Price: $89.99
17 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown switches are great if you want a quieter option., May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used a Logitech membrane gaming keyboard for the last year and it was pretty nice, but nowhere near as nice as when I switched to a mechanical keyboard. If you have never used a mechanical keyboard, you should definitely try one out, and also try out the different switches to see which ones work best for you. For gaming, I prefer the Corsair K70 with red switches, but I really like this Logitech G610 as a work keyboard, even though that is not what it is designed for. The brown switches aren't as loud on the reds on my Corsair, and don't require as much force to engage the key. If you're gaming and don't want a keyboard as loud as the K70, the G610 is a good alternative, especially if you have roommates. I like that the media controls are mostly out of the way and don't take up a lot of room on the keyboard so it still maintains a fairly small footprint. The back lighting is also easy to mute and not too bright.

Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB
Price: $169.99
7 used & new from $169.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison to the K70 Cherry Reds, May 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using the Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for the last few months. It is basically the exact same keyboard, with the exception that it has Cherry MX Red switches, and this K70 has the new Cherry MX Speed switches. If you've never used a mechanical keyboard before, I highly recommend you try one out before buying so you can make sure they are right for you. Mine definitely took some time to get used to due to the raised height of the switches and different tactile feedback. Now that I've been using it awhile, I love it. It definitely makes for a more enjoyable gaming experience. Having used tried out the Cherry reds, blues, and browns, the reds do feel like they are a better fit for gaming. The main difference between the cherry reds and these new speed switches is the 1.2mm actuation point, compared to the 2mm of the reds. Actuation point is how far down you have to press to have the keyboard register the stroke. The idea behind these being that a lower actuation point means the keyboard will register it faster, hence where the "speed" comes in. But to put that in perspective, we are talking about 8/10 of a millimeter. That is an extremely short distance. After a week of using the speeds, I really do not feel like these switches offer much of a significant advantage over the reds. I am not a competitive gamer, but I can't imagine there are people that are that fast that these will benefit them too much, except for maybe the competitive CS:GO scene.

Where these switches really benefit me, is that I think the lower height makes it easier to type. Since getting my original K70, I find myself making a lot more typos, probably due to the height of the switches compared with the membrane keyboards I grew up on. These speed switches don't help me as much in gameplay, but they do help in that I get the benefits of a mechanical keyboard, with something that is easier to use as an everyday keyboard as well.

As to the other features of the K70,. the individual LED backlighting is pretty amazing and leaves to some incredible customization. You can create all kinds of profiles and make it do some crazy stuff, but the novelty of it got boring after a few days and I just configured it to a standard WASD setup. The majority of gamers using this keyboard are not going to be looking down at their keys so it is not as functional as it might seem, although it does look cool in the dark.

OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - BLACK
Price: $29.98
9 used & new from $24.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey for a standard case, but should definitely protect it., May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never been a huge fan of Otterbox cases because they're too thick and bulky. The Symmetry model is their slim offering for those that want Otterbox protection without turning their phone into a brick. This is a thin, no-frills cases.It slips on easily and holds the phone securely. The case is very rigid and seems like it will do a good job of protecting the phone. The rocker buttons easily make contact with the volume buttons on the phone to control it through the case. I'm glad Otterbox has expanded into making a lot of different designs and colors now, because the black version of this case is very bland and, for the price, I would recommend getting something with more flair. Although I don't like to comment on price in my reviews, I don't believe this case justifies paying anywhere close to the full MSRP on it, especially when compared to something like a UAG case or Speck. I do believe it will offer a little bit more protection than those cases, but not enough to explain the price increase. If you can get it for a discount I would recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20