Profile for Scott > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Goal Zero (21013) Switch 10 USB Recharger and Solar Panel  Multi-Tool Kit
Goal Zero (21013) Switch 10 USB Recharger and Solar Panel Multi-Tool Kit
Offered by Earthtech Products
Price: $119.95
5 used & new from $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The multi kit is better than previous versions, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have previously used the Goal Zero 11800 on backpacking trips, and for the last couple years, it has replaced flash batteries for me (although I still keep some in my car for emergencies). I was surprised by how well the solar technology worked with the 11800, and it works just as well with the 21013 Switch 10. A new feature with the 21013 is that it comes with a Quick Charge USB Port, which almost acts like a flash battery, in that it is small and convenient to carry with you without having to bring the full solar panel. It is perfect for using the solar panel to charge the port, and then bringing the port on a day hike to keep my phone powered. The port can also be converted to a flash light or a small fan. Although the fan is pretty powerful, I didn't find much use for it, but the setup is light weight enough that it doesn't hurt to bring it with you. Strapping the Nomad 7 Panel onto my pack is easy enough, and it's not bulky and doesn't get in the way. A 3-4 hour hike to my camping spot is plenty of time to almost fully charge the battery, which gives me more than enough power to support the flash light for the night and charge my phone fully for the next day.

EAS 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate, 2 Pound
EAS 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate, 2 Pound
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I might replace my ON or Syntha-6 with this., July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like that it has BCAAs. I routinely take BCAA as a pre and post workout supplement, so having it built into my protein powder is great. Not to mention that 6.3g is a large amount of BCAAs. 3g of carbs is great. Several protein powders will have as much as 15g of carbs, which can really throw off your macros. 3g carbs to 26 protein is a perfect ratio so I can add in a recovery drink if I want without going over my carb amounts. It has a pretty decent taste. Not as rich as something like BSN Syntha-6, but it tastes better than ON and is okay in milk or water. I will usually add mine to almond milk. I like that they have the protein scoop in the lid and separated from the powder. So many supplements have the scoop in the powder, and by the time you get it, it is buried at the bottom and you have to dig around to find it and get powder everywhere. This seems like a small inconvenience but it is pretty annoying. The rectangular design is also nice since it fits more easily in a cabinet (although there is a lot of wasted space in the top of the lid.

Swiffer Sweep and Trap Floor Cleaner Starter Kit
Swiffer Sweep and Trap Floor Cleaner Starter Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, but a bit gimmicky., July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Swiffer Sweep and Trap is designed just to act like the basic Swiffer, with the added bonus of picking up small to medium size crumbs and dirt in a small compartment. A regular Swiffer cloth goes on the back to cling to hair and fine dust, and the front trap has rubber blades to pick up larger pieces of dirt. I let my house get pretty dirty before trying it out and then gave it a test run. In my kitchen, it did pick up crumbs and large bits of dirt, but I had to make several sweeps past some of these items to get them. After I did my entire house, I removed the trap. It did have some large dirt particles in it, but it didn't seem like the Sweep and Trap was anymore efficient than a regular broom or even better, a vacuum cleaner. I have a lot of dog hair in my house, and that seemed to get wrapped up around the blades and I had to remove the blades and pull the hair off with my fingers. Also, a lot of the dust collected on the sides of the Swiffer and just kind of trailed besides the unit until it bumped into a carpet and came off. The good news is that it doesn't require batteries or special solution, and just uses the regular Swiffer cloths, but if you already own a vacuum cleaner or broom, or a regular Swiffer, I can't see any reason to purchase this.

DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, Taupe
DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, Taupe
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very absorbent and great for active dogs., June 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Towel is super absorbent. Much moreso than a regular towel. My dog likes to play in rivers and the rain, so I keep this in my trunk and just lay it out flat in the back to dry between outings. It seems to repel dirt to some degree as well. It is large enough to mostly dry my 70lb husky.

DII Wicker Pet Toy and Accessory Storage or Basket Home Décor in Bone Shape, Medium
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, just make sure you get one that is big enough., June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought this might be a cheap product from the picture, but it is actually pretty high quality. The leather straps and handle look nice and have a solid clasp. They are secured well to the wicker, so you don't have to worry about them coming loose. The basket looks much nicer in my room compared to the plastic bin I had been using. I wouldn't keep food products in here, but the leather closer is secure enough to keep the basket closed and prevent nosy dogs from opening it. My only complaint about the basket is that the medium size is a bit small. I wish I had the large.

Linksys AC2600 4 x 4 MU-MIMO Dual-Band Gigabit Router with USB 3.0 and eSATA (EA8500)
Price: $272.90
47 used & new from $249.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent router as long as you're using with multiple devices, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Coming from using a NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900, the Linksys AC2600 is a dual-band router in about the same product range, although for this price, you can usually get one of the newer "tri-band" routers. It uses the latest 802.11 AC standard, and advertises speeds up to "2600 megabits per second." That sounds awesome, but when I looked into that, I realized that was a bit of a stretch, as that is the combined speed potential (AC1733 Mbps + N800 Mbps = 2600). This is great as long as you are using this router for multiple devices at the same time. If you are purchasing it just for your tablet and expecting to get "3x faster connection speeds than traditional Wi-Fi," you are going to be disappointed. For me, I have 4 security cameras, a Blu-ray player, and a tablet connected to it, with at least five of those devices pulling data at any given time. Although the wireless features worked well, I ended up hard wiring the security cameras directly into the back of the router (it comes with four Gigabit Ethernet ports) and also hooked up a switch to it. Like other Linksys routers, it has a pretty nice administration/control panel. The Network Attached Storage also works great.

Speck Products Mighty Shell Plus FACEPLATE Case for iPhone 6  - Retail Packaging - Black/Gravel Grey/Slate Grey
Speck Products Mighty Shell Plus FACEPLATE Case for iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Black/Gravel Grey/Slate Grey
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $43.24
6 used & new from $26.50

5.0 out of 5 stars On par with OtterBox, June 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although the price may initially turn people off of the Speck Mighty Shell, this is a serious competitor to OtterBox and should appeal to those whose phones regularly take hard abuse. The first thing I noticed about it, is that the inside of the case features a lot of protection. It has a rigged interior that presses against the underside of your phone instead of lying flat against it. This seems to make sense to me as an added amount of shock absorption. I'm not a fan of screen protectors at all, as they always bubble up and I feel like they take away from the display. The faceplate that comes as part of this case is pretty decent in that it is not very noticeable and still allows a lot of touch sensitivity. I ultimately removed it, but if you like screen protectors, it's not a bad choice.

iPhone 6 Battery Case, Incipio [Extra Power] [Sleek] offGRID SHINE Backup Battery Case 3000mAh for iPhone 6-Brushed Black
Price: $89.99
5 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit heavy for me, but the extra power makes up for it, June 7, 2015
The Incipio case for your iPhone 6 has two functions:

Protection: As far as a case goes, it works fairly well. The brushed metal paint job looks pretty good and although it's not anything that will really stand out, it looks better than other battery cases. It snaps on pretty easily, but it doesn't come off as easily as other cases. As such, this will be a case you'll want to leave on all the time. It does add some weight to the case, which is a given with the battery. It is definitely noticeable but not too much of a drawback. The volume and power buttons are very responsive.

Power: I couldn't evaluate the claim of 17 hours extra talk time since I didn't use the phone just for talking, but I got 14 extra hours of talking and other usage, so I think the 17 hour claim is likely pretty accurate. It is definitely a nice battery replacement to get extra usage out of your iPhone.

DII Home Essentials Reversible Ultra Plush Sherpa Printed Throw Blanket for Bedroom, Counch, Car, Gift, Dorm, 50 by 60-Inch, British Flag
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and durable., June 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty nice throw. The inside of it is incredibly soft and warm, but not so warm you can't use it in the summer too. The outside is printed, but not stiff like you might expect and very soft as well. I've washed it several times and the colors and stitching has remained strong.

Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Curls Dog Treats, 8-Ounce Pouch, Pack of 1
Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Curls Dog Treats, 8-Ounce Pouch, Pack of 1
Price: $17.22
3 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves them, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Best thing about these treats is the limited number of ingredients - chicken breast and vegetable glycerin. Knowing there is minimal processing and artificial ingredients makes me feel better about giving them to my dog. This is especially important given that these treats are made in China, and there were so many problems with Chinese treats the last few years. You get a pretty large amount of treats in the bag, and they're a decent size.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20