Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Scott > Reviews

Browse

Scott's Profile

Customer Reviews: 796
Top Reviewer Ranking: 83

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cellucor Super HD Thermogenic Fat Burner Supplement for Weight Loss, 60 Capsules
Price: $30.93
22 used & new from $28.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Does seem to help, but is not a "miracle product.", August 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cellucor Super HD is a thermogenic fat burner that is marketed as being able to increase fat loss by boosting metabolism. Like most thermogenics, it appears to accomplish this through the use of caffeine and high levels of Vitamin B12. The amount of caffeine is 160mg, which is equivalent to about 1.5 measured cups of coffee. It contains 4167% of the daily recommended value of B12. Although that sounds like a lot, pretty much all therms and workout drinks have levels this high. There are a lot of other ingredients I don't understand, including their proprietary blend (called Super HD ThermoSculpting Blend). For once, I decided not to look too closely to all of the "science" behind everything and just see how it worked on me. After 30 days of use (following the recommended instructions), I lost 2% body fat. However, I also had a fairly rigorous exercise regimen to go along with that. So it is very difficult to tell how much of that can be contributed to the thermo, and how much of it was the 25 miles of running a week. I did notice I had a decreased appetite for up to an hour after taking it, however I think most people would have the same effect from drinking coffee, which tends to curb someone's appetite as well due to the caffeine. Overall, while I think it did help me to lose some of the weight and is a decent product if purchased at a discount, I would caution people to have realistic expectactions while taking it.

Belkin Conserve Insight Energy Use Monitor (F7C005)
Belkin Conserve Insight Energy Use Monitor (F7C005)
Offered by Lowest_Price_Highest_Quality_Fastest_Shipping
Price: $89.99
13 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use and the results are a bit surprising., August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never had good luck with Belkin products in the past, so I went into this review with a bit of skepticism. The device is very simple to use and I didn't need the instructions at all to figure it out. It works as intended. Although I'm not really concerned with monitoring power plant carbon dioxide emissions, I was curious as to how much leaving certain devices plugged in all the time is costing me.

Powerstroke PS80995 2.3 GPM Pressure Washer with Honda Engine, 2700 PSI
Powerstroke PS80995 2.3 GPM Pressure Washer with Honda Engine, 2700 PSI
Price: $329.00
2 used & new from $329.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I previously owned a pretty nice Honda Pressure Washer, until I lost it in a move, so I was happy to be able to review a new Powerstroke washer. It comes in a few pieces, but is very easy to put together, even without using the instructions. I used Krud Kutter cleaning solution. I recommend finding a solution that specifically advertises as getting rid of mildew and old. It is fairly lightweight and very easy to maneuver as long as you don't let the hose out too much. However the hose is also long enough that you should be able to cover an entire side of your house or work on a deck/driveway without moving the washer around. It started up on the third pull, and I have had easy startups since then with minimal priming. The three spray options were more than sufficient for everyday use, however I recommend the Powerfit PF31005A Quick Connect 6-in-1 Changeover Spray Nozzle for Pressure Washers if you want some more versatility with it.

SteelSeries Siberia X300 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Xbox One, Xbox 360
SteelSeries Siberia X300 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Xbox One, Xbox 360
Offered by Galactics
Price: $152.83
19 used & new from $126.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, clear, and lightweight, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using SteelSeries Siberia v2 gaming headphones for my PC for about a year now, and have generally been pretty happy with them. The Siberia X300 have a similar design, and share a lot of similarities with the V2s. They are very lightweight, so you can comfortably wear them for long periods of time. I've worn these up to 8 hours straight with no real irritation or problems with the weight. The ear cups are large enough that they give your ears room to breathe, but still provide a very close level of sound. They're not noise-cancelling headphones, but they do a great job of giving you a "surround-like" feel. Most people will probably purchase these for multiplayer games. Like the V2s, these have a microphone that can be inserted into the ear housing to stay out of the way if you're not using it. I don't really like a mic right in front of my mouth so I try to keep mine angled to the side of my mouth, and people can still hear me perfectly. I have heard it back over VODs and it sounds very clear. I don't use an Xbox much and don't know why these are specifically marketed toward those consoles, but it definitely satisfies my three requirements in a gaming headset: 1. clear mic, 2. comfortable phones, 3. lightweight.

Amici Baja Set of 4 Hiball Glasses - 19oz
Amici Baja Set of 4 Hiball Glasses - 19oz
Price: $39.67
3 used & new from $34.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and unique, July 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Albeit expensive, this is a pretty high quality set of hiball glasses. As you can tell by the picture, the glasses are pretty varied from each other in size. Some are taller, although I found the width of mine to be pretty consistent. They are fairly heavy so make sure that is something you're looking for before purchasing. The color on the blown glass at the top is pretty vibrant and these look great on a table.

Cellucor - C4 Fitness Training Pre-Workout Supplement for Men and Women - Enhance Energy and Focus with Creatine Nitrate and Vitamin B12, Fruit Punch, 60 Servings
Price: $40.50
11 used & new from $39.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good focus and energy, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used many pre-workout supplements before - from Jack3d, ON, BSN, and 1.M.R. I do not know much about the science behind these supplements, only that they usually come in two varieties: with caffeine and without. I usually take a supplement with caffeine for cardio and weightlifting workouts, and one with Amino Acids, like Amino-X for running. I've never tried Cellucor products before, and don't know much about their reputation, so I can only comment on the effectiveness of this supplement to me personally. I've tried it with several workouts so far. The first time, I ignored the warning about taking just one scoop to start and took 1.5 (since I usually double up on these supplements) 30 minutes before a pretty hardcore bootcamp workout. I felt the effects instantly. It was most likely the Niacin, but my face became flushed and I had a pretty instant burst of energy. That burst of energy last for the next 1.25 hours until the end of my workout. I cut back the next few workouts, but still had a pretty decent amount of energy. One scoop is enough to fuel my workouts. Time will tell how well the long-term effectiveness is, but so far, it is one of the best pre-workout supplements I have tried for energy and focus, with a pretty decent taste.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food, Original Turkey & Chicken Recipe, 26-Pound Bag
Price: $54.99
19 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the higher-end kibbles with a lot of nutritional value., July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tried Wellness kibbles a few times in the past with positive results, and their Core line is my favorite so far. I am a big fan of grain free dog foods that have a high protein content, as they allow me to give my dog smaller portions. At 70 lbs, my husky only needs two cups a day of Core, even though he is very active. I cannot tell if he has a preference on the taste since my dog is not a picky eater, but he definitely is not against it. In addition to chicken, chicken meal, and turkey meal making up the first three ingredients, Core contains omega-3 fatty acids (from flaxseed) which provides for a healthier coat. The overall ingredient list is fairly large, but most of the ingredients are extracts or supplements in small amounts. My only real problem with the list is the fourth ingredient (potatoes), as these don't have much real nutritional value. Overall, the Core line is one I feel pretty good about and I will try it again in the future.

EAS Complete Protein, Vanilla, 2 Pound
EAS Complete Protein, Vanilla, 2 Pound
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Whey Protein by EAS, July 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried out the EAS 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate flavor a few weeks ago and really liked it. I have started using it as my "go-to" protein powder, replacing my Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard with it, mostly due to inclusion of BCAAs and low carb content. I thought this was just the vanilla-flavored version of that, but this is actually a different protein makeup. The main thing I noticed about it is that it has a higher carb content. The EAS Complete Protein has 11g net carbs, compared to 6 in their Whey Protein blend. The extra 5g appears to come from fructose sugars, which is the third ingredient on the list. You would think the extra sugars would lead to better taste, however this protein powder is a bit chalky and doesn't mix very well unless I use a blender. I tried mixing it in a shaker bottle with almond milk and just got lumps in the mix and lumps left on the bottom of the bottle. It should also be noted that this is a soy protein blend rather than whey protein. While I don't have anything against soy protein, I know that will be a deciding factor for many people. I'll continue to use it until the container is empty, but if I had my choice again, I would get the EAS Whey Protein over the Complete.

Goal Zero (21013) Switch 10 USB Recharger and Solar Panel  Multi-Tool Kit
Goal Zero (21013) Switch 10 USB Recharger and Solar Panel Multi-Tool Kit
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $80.40

5.0 out of 5 stars The multi kit is better than previous versions, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have previously used the Goal Zero 11800 on backpacking trips, and for the last couple years, it has replaced flash batteries for me (although I still keep some in my car for emergencies). I was surprised by how well the solar technology worked with the 11800, and it works just as well with the 21013 Switch 10. A new feature with the 21013 is that it comes with a Quick Charge USB Port, which almost acts like a flash battery, in that it is small and convenient to carry with you without having to bring the full solar panel. It is perfect for using the solar panel to charge the port, and then bringing the port on a day hike to keep my phone powered. The port can also be converted to a flash light or a small fan. Although the fan is pretty powerful, I didn't find much use for it, but the setup is light weight enough that it doesn't hurt to bring it with you. Strapping the Nomad 7 Panel onto my pack is easy enough, and it's not bulky and doesn't get in the way. A 3-4 hour hike to my camping spot is plenty of time to almost fully charge the battery, which gives me more than enough power to support the flash light for the night and charge my phone fully for the next day.

EAS 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate, 2 Pound
EAS 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate, 2 Pound
Price: $18.97
7 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I might replace my ON or Syntha-6 with this., July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like that it has BCAAs. I routinely take BCAA as a pre and post workout supplement, so having it built into my protein powder is great. Not to mention that 6.3g is a large amount of BCAAs. 3g of carbs is great. Several protein powders will have as much as 15g of carbs, which can really throw off your macros. 3g carbs to 26 protein is a perfect ratio so I can add in a recovery drink if I want without going over my carb amounts. It has a pretty decent taste. Not as rich as something like BSN Syntha-6, but it tastes better than ON and is okay in milk or water. I will usually add mine to almond milk. I like that they have the protein scoop in the lid and separated from the powder. So many supplements have the scoop in the powder, and by the time you get it, it is buried at the bottom and you have to dig around to find it and get powder everywhere. This seems like a small inconvenience but it is pretty annoying. The rectangular design is also nice since it fits more easily in a cabinet (although there is a lot of wasted space in the top of the lid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20