Profile for TellingYouLikeItIs > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TellingYouLikeItIs RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe - 4-channel Internal Cable TV Tuner Card for CableCARD
Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe - 4-channel Internal Cable TV Tuner Card for CableCARD

1.0 out of 5 stars I need help, November 15, 2012
I purchased this product a few months ago. Everything seems to be working fine except channels HBO and Cinemax. I've been searching solutions for this problem via the internet. It seems that it's a common problem but I didn't find a solution.

The big problem is Ceton's support. Phone support doesn't exist. It's all through email. And, each of their email replies takes hours to days which make for a very dragged process.

If Ceton's customer support helps me to resolve the problem, I'll increase the stars to this review but otherwise, the rating stands. My ticket number is CSX-406-62259.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 6:45 PM PST

Assassin HTPC PRESTIGE
Assassin HTPC PRESTIGE

5.0 out of 5 stars A few bumps on the road, October 2, 2012
I had ordered an HTPC from Assassin several weeks ago. After telling Ben what I needed, within a few weeks, I got my new custom HTPC in the mail. Unfortunately, it was clear from the beginning that the unit had fallen out of the box during transit. All the components inside the unit were all scrambled and loose. And, the fan was ripped and broken from the mother board. Of course, I was heartbroken.

However, Ben has been outstanding throughout this entire ordeal. He apologized and agreed to build me an entirely new HTPC from scratch! It looks like Assassin has to eat the entire loss. (I feel really bad about this because I know it's a lot of money. But, at the same time, it wasn't my fault.)

With respect to the service, it's been great. I ask them a question from time to time. And, it's clear that they are busy but they do get back to you. I've upgraded my order a bit in order to increase the money they make but it's impossible for them to make up what they will lose.

Right now, I am waiting for the complete product. Once I get it and test it out, I will write up a more complete and detailed review for everyone to read.

ASUS A54C-AB91 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
ASUS A54C-AB91 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
Offered by BinkieMelane

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I love this laptop, September 22, 2012
I've gotten several laptops in my lifetime. And, this is the best one I've gotten so far. Nothing really stands out but it's just altogether well made. When you strike the keys, it feels very nice. The picture quality of the screen is good. Programs load up pretty quickly. Every laptop I've purchased I have regretted. I bought a laptop that was small and lightweight. I thought that it would be great to carry around. But, I learned that ease of carrying it around doesn't justify the small screen. Then, I went the other way and bought a huge screen. But, the weight made it so cumbersome. For example, just typing on your lap was annoying. But, this laptop seems perfect. Light, good screen size, and programs work perfect. Here are some points that I hope helps you make a decision.

Pros:

1. Touchpad. I love the touchpad. Very responsive. And you can scroll up/down and sideways by using two fingers. Never seen that before! Of course, you can zoom in and out by bringing your fingers together and out.

Cons:

1. low battery life. After a few hours of web surfing, you'll have to replug. My other laptops lasted much longer right after purchasing. (After a year or two, all of my laptops' batteries just sucked.)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2013 8:32 PM PDT

Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch 1080p  Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch 1080p Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
7 used & new from $3,100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Negatives Buyers Should Know, September 22, 2012
Let me first say that I think that this is an incredible TV. The picture quality during the night is so amazing. I mean I can't stop watching TV at night when the kids are asleep. But, with that said, I wonder whether I made the right choice.

Below are the things that annoy the hell out of me. I wish I knew these before I made my purchase.

1. The TV gets really hot

I got the 65 inch and the heat output on this unit is extremely high. The room in which the TV is located isn't that big so the entire room get really hot after about 10 minutes. So hot that you must open the windows or turn on the A/C. I didn't realize that the heat would be such a huge factor.

2. Reflections are annoying

During the day, you can see a lot of reflections such as windows. It gets annoying.

Overall, I absolutely love the TV so I kept it at 5 stars. The heat and reflection would bring it down to a 4.5. So, it doesn't justify a full star deduction so, I kept it at 5 stars.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2012 4:46 AM PDT

A Primer on Organizational Behavior (Wiley Series in Management)
A Primer on Organizational Behavior (Wiley Series in Management)
by James L. Bowditch
47 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book., May 24, 2006
This is not a good book. This was assigned to me for a business school class. I'm one of those people that really get into the subject matter and into learning. But, if you are going to buy this for self-improvement, try something else.

Here is why:

1. The writing is boring. It's extremely hard to get through each chapter.
2. The sections that make up each chapter don't seem to relate to each other. They don't seem to make sense. At least to me.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a crappy unit., January 10, 2006
This is the worst product on the market.

1. It broke down the first week i bought it. It literally stopped working only after a few days. I called soleus and it took them another month to send me a replacement. Guess what. The replacement broke down! I can't believe the crap they make.

2. When it did work, it didn't cool very well. Very loud and DOES NOT cool very well.

3. Drainage is a big problem. Supposedly you do not need to drain since the exhaust tube is supposed to get rid of the moisture. But it doesn't. On slightly humid days, you need to continually empty the drainage pan.

4. Their customer service sucks. Takes you literally a whole day to speak to a live person. And then they give you the run around. DO NOT BUT THIS PRODUCT.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2009 4:07 AM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, January 10, 2006
This is the worst product on the market.