Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Yesterdaisy > Reviews

Browse

Yesterdaisy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 234

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yesterdaisy RSS Feed (NJ, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sweetpet Dog Cat Plush Stuffed Animal Toy Cute Strawberry Soft Toys Red
Sweetpet Dog Cat Plush Stuffed Animal Toy Cute Strawberry Soft Toys Red
Offered by WeMe
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $8.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy., July 16, 2016
This arrived before the far-off estimate, but it's tiny--barely big enough for my small dog. (Luckily, he's happy if you give him a piece of trash to play with, but I am displeased.) The listing lies; it should say 3" x 3". This thing is cute and squeaks, but looks like a plush ornament for a Christmas tree or a rear-view mirror. It came in a small bag from China rather than an Amazon package, so I assumed it was one of my eBay purchases. Removing it, I couldn't believe this was what I'd received. Very, VERY overpriced.
No tags...it's exactly what you see in the photo, and I guess I should've looked a little harder at the picture of the hand holding it and considered that it might not be typical dog-toy size. I'll definitely be more careful with this type of Amazon listing in the future. I have to assume it's new; seems to be. Again, the dog's happy just because it rolls and bounces and squeaks and is soft. But I'd looked up 'cute, durable' dog toys, and I have doubts as to its durability. I can see him having this little thing destroyed within days, if even.

Pre De Provence French Bouquette Luxury Soap Gift Box (9x 25g)
Pre De Provence French Bouquette Luxury Soap Gift Box (9x 25g)
Offered by BlazeCo
Price: $21.00
2 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars How'd I cope without this soap? ;p, December 30, 2015
Well, this is my new favorite brand of soap. Not that I'd have one previously...but a box of nine Pre de Provence guest soaps was one of my coolest Christmas gifts this year. Mine is a different assortment than pictured here, but I'll definitely order PdP soaps in the future from wherever I can.

I love that they're of such high quality; all-natural, no cheap/chemical junk. They lather up brilliantly, smell terrific, clean even better, and dry nicely--even all together in the wax-paper-lined box.

The fragrances I have are, in rough favorites order: Jasmine (if only because the purple is so pretty); Starflower (another great color--a blue that looks awesome next to the Jasmine); Lime Zest (MMMM!!!); Lemongrass (love that citrusy scent, and its chartreuse color!); Pineapple; Raspberry; Lavender; Mint Leaf; Angel's Trumpet. They're all awesome. Next I'd love to try Coconut, Apricot, Sage, White Gardenia, Apple-Pear, & Green Tea (followed by the rest!) Wonder what Moondance smells like...and ooh, "Agrumes" means citrus?! I adore citrus! ANYway, the purple Jasmine, bright blue Starflower, peachy Pineapple, & red Raspberry are solid-colored; the rest are marbled with embedded bits of...herbs, I suppose. Actually, I assume they're ground bits of the actual plants.

I'll keep rotating through the box every time I wash my hands and see how long they last--should be a very good while, especially since I DO have four other special soap bars (including a pineapple gummy bear, Soapemon Yellow cartridge, another lemongrass, and a rosemary/thyme. Yep, now I just need a parsley/sage.)

KAVU Women's Georgia Shirt, Forest, Small
KAVU Women's Georgia Shirt, Forest, Small
Price: $40.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shirt; color is off but still pretty., December 16, 2015
Beautiful flannel top, only...the color was slightly misrepresented. On my monitor, at least, "Forest" appears to be a somewhat lighter teal-green plaid. The actual shirt is a darker kelly. Still a wonderful color, as it's rich and vibrant, but I'd been specifically looking for the green as it looks on the screen. Ah, well. My recipient should like this shade just as much.

2016 Yearbook Dogs Wall Calendar
2016 Yearbook Dogs Wall Calendar
by Willow Creek Press
Edition: Calendar
Price: $14.99
20 used & new from $4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Likely to Please, December 2, 2015
I picked this for the kitchen (and a page-a-day dog to go with it, as usual.) It's random but clever, creative, hilarious, and very well-done. Stood out among all the more standard animal options...and is definitely recognizable to almost anyone who graduated a public school system! They even reflected how the class photographers used to let you choose your background color! Nice. I hope this sells well enough to become a series. Or a full book!
I've always loved the idea of a world in which dogs replace humans, anyway, so this is right up my alley. The pictures are well-composed, and they list each student's chosen yearbook quote, nickname/superlative ("Voted ___," "Most likely to..."), and clubs/teams. They're all very appealing, & the personalities shine through. (Sage is definitely my girl. ;)
The quality of the paper and month grids is exactly what you'd want. Maybe adding other students' signatures, or additional smaller pictures, or something like that could make it even better in the future.
At any rate, I'm congratulating myself on another excellent pick. Here's hoping for more.

The World of the Hunger Games Calendar 2016
The World of the Hunger Games Calendar 2016
by Browntrout
Edition: Calendar
8 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Where's Finnick? Odair he...wait, no..., December 2, 2015
Calendar-shopping's always fun. Which is most fit to grace my wall throughout the following year? Will it be another favorite dog breed, more colorful reef critters, or vintage travel trailers? Something nature- or travel-themed, landscapes/gardens, Americana? Porches/cottages, artwork, Disney, demotivational posters, something mystical, another Lisa Frank? Or perhaps a new fandom/entertainment-related one? That category seemed obvious this time. Having become deeply obsessed with THG in February 2015 and essentially surrendered everything to it, I lucked out that we got this great "World of" calendar. I wasn't too keen on the other 2016 one, which only contained propaganda imagery and faces of the most popular Squad 451 members. And many series-based calendars tend to cheap out a little by just slapping one random character image on each month. Not so here, and well it is--THG deserves better. You can tell some care went into the design of this; it looks REALLY NICE! Snazzy. Love the big/small "collage" layout.

The only real issue is with the lack of certain people--particularly Finnick and Johanna. I'd have worked in Cinna, Rue, and maybe a few others as well, but Finn & Jo are very strange omissions. Especially considering the emphasis on the now-in-theaters Part 2. The chosen pictures are diverse, but still naturally focus on "the trio" (18 counts of Katniss, 10 for Peeta, 6 Gales.) I'm grateful for the 5 shots including one of my favorites (Effie & Haymitch!) And you've got Prim, Plutarch, Caesar, Beetee, Boggs, Cressida, Pollux, Jackson, Coin, & Snow in there. The films are so chock-full of gorgeous, wonderful, important, iconic scenes & costumes that you could blindly grab a few dozen screenshots & assemble a terrific calendar, so hopefully there'll be another one of these for 2017 that includes shots of those missing folks.

Large size; nice thick paper--glossy, but you can still write on it without smearing. Good-sized, neatly divided boxes. Light backdrop so you can read your notes (& each features a district seal, with the Capitol one at the front behind mini July-December 2015 boxes. Nice touch!)

Three stills from each of the four films are arranged monthly in a cycling pattern (THG, CF, MJ1, MJ2, three times over. The corresponding mockingjay symbol is at the top of each month's gold ring.) This helps explain why characters don't seem to be evenly distributed throughout, and images aren't matched by season/holiday. But that's okay. Even if I might've tried to stick more pics in the other corners, or arranged slightly differently, or even made a separate Hayffie calendar (all of Effie's looks plus lots of Haymitch--yay! xD)...this is a pretty darn good, deluxe kind of calendar. 'Tis worthy of me wall, & every Tribute should use one in 2016!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Effie the literal trinket?, October 14, 2015
Soon as I saw the (evilly cute) Snow one, I knew there'd be a Hunger Games set, which would definitely have to include Effie. And that I'd definitely need to bring her home. So glad I did! She's adorable. The texture of her light pink wig and flower reminds me of icing. She's got her blonde eyebrows, little earrings, and a really nice replica of her raspberry-colored suit from the beginning of the first film. I love the details--including the loose curls hanging down from the back center of the wig, the texturing of her clothes, and the finger- and toenail dots (better on the right hand and left foot, but they appear able to "scrape" off/lighten for no reason*...at least I was prepared for the seemingly inevitable painting imperfections. I take it these things get handpainted.) I had a feeling that with her giant head and tiny body, she'd probably have trouble standing on her own...and sure enough, she requires support. It's okay, Eff. Not your fault. Something rattles inside her head; probably a piece of plastic...and her skin is rosier than the white makeup she had on with this outfit, but still very pale, which is accurate.

*Just tried to replace vanished toenail polish with a fine-tip purple marker. Meh. Tempted to dock a star for stuff like this, but can't bring myself to do so just yet. I mean, the body parts *are* almost impossibly tiny.

Series 2 had better include Haymitch (and Finnick, Johanna, etc., while you're at it.) How could they leave off the fourth member of the T.E.A.M.?! :[ Effie and I want a little Haymitch! Or a lotta Haymitch. ;] I mean, if you absolutely needed four different Katnisses at once, why not do them as a set of minis? Speaking of which, a set of mini Effies would be brilliant as well. I had no idea how they were possibly going to be able to choose a single Effie look to mold (knocking out only the blue Catching Fire dress that her Barbie form wears); turns out they went with the first one we saw. :)

The constant toppling must be a common problem with Funkos, though, right? I understand that they're cute and the most popular collectibles around, but for several reasons didn't start racking them up. I've been an avid collector of so many kinds of toys and things since childhood that I simply couldn't dare. I looked at the super-stylized Funko style and determined that I prefer more realistic things. Then I thought, "They're kinda big, with those heads spacing them apart. It would make far more sense to have them all come in the mini pocket size. Where would you even put them? They'll never stand up due to the top-heavy design, and just be domino-like dust collectors...right? Plus, they're made for virtually every character, so surely there are dozens you really like, but it's just unreasonable." Seems the serious collectors work around the issues by keeping them stacked in their also-cute boxes. But I've wound up with a pocket Elsa from Frozen and a Vinyl Scratch (DJ Pon-3) from My Little Pony, too. They're charming, well-made, and recognizable knick-knacks for sure...so, I'm sure others will prove irresistible for me in the future. ;p
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Join Team TEAM (Trinket/Everdeen/Abernathy/Mellark!), September 20, 2015
It's awesome that this bracelet is (or was) available, and my sole "complaint" in regards to it is the naming...sellers insist on labeling it a "Finnick bracelet," when in reality it belongs to Haymitch. It was a gift from Effie, and he only let Finnick borrow it as a sign to Katniss in the arena that he was a trustworthy ally. Following the breakout, Finn doubtlessly returned the token to its rightful owner. ;) So yes, other than that minor point which doesn't actually concern the item itself...the piece is lovely! Very recognizable "golden flames" design. More than masculine enough for the guys to wear, but no reason a gal like myself couldn't as well! :D Tanfastic.

Barbie Collector The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Effie Trinket Doll
Barbie Collector The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Effie Trinket Doll
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $18.99
31 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyes bright, chins up, smiles on!, August 13, 2015
Well, I've never really been TOO much of a doll collector; as a kid I loved the houses and playsets and all the accessories, but rarely played with the dolls themselves. HowEVER, as I shopped the Hunger Games Exhibition gift shop, I spotted the Catching Fire dolls--and instantly knew I had to bring Effie home. She's my favorite. But I ordered her from here because--shocker of shocks--the gift shop wanted twice the price. No-brainer. ;]

Her attractive box is in good shape, and I can now use it for storage in the closet after carefully removing her and setting her up beside my six other dolls on display. Thank goodness she came with a stand; I was afraid she wouldn't, like the last three dolls I ordered. And while she may insist on torturing herself, I didn't want to force her to stand on her own in those gorgeous shoes 24/7. ;) It's tricky to slide because her dress is so tight, but once it's in place, Effie stands infinitely more securely on her round black platform than my other two dolls currently on stands do on theirs.
And oh, is she fabulously beautiful--they didn't miss a beat with her curly wig (which could stand to be more orange, but it's a lovely color as is), makeup details, shoes, sheer gloves, shimmery gold tights, belt, collar, and metallic cobalt-blue dress with huge feathery sleeves! Her face looks like hers instead of Barbie's. Her arms can be moved forward and back, and of course her head tilted slightly up/down or side-to-side. These are definitely high-quality collector's and fan's items.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Multiple Colors - One Memory Foam Chair Pad- 16"x16" - Green
Multiple Colors - One Memory Foam Chair Pad- 16"x16" - Green
Offered by BlowOut Bedding
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $10.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cushion/pad, August 7, 2015
Picked one up for a wooden folding chair, and I'm more pleased with it than I expected to be! The green color is great--right between lime and palm, not too far from a signature color of mine. The first thing I noticed was how nice and firm it is--substantial, solid, dense, fairly thick, but not excessively tall and puffy so that it sticks up and spills over the sides of the chair. (Actually it's a bit large for this one, so most of the time I turn it like a diamond for a better fit, or have it extending over the front...but that's no problem.) I love the bumpy fabric texture and the memory foam. Overall, just really nicely made! It looks considerably better than even the product photos make it appear.

Zombie Poodles on the Loose - Custom Pet ID Tag for Dogs and Cats - Dog Tag Art - LARGE SIZE
Offered by Dog Tag Art
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars DTA tags are awesome!, February 17, 2015
When I saw the huge variety of designs available, I was instantly sold--never mind that they're made of strong, heavy-duty (but still comfortably lightweight) metal and printed beautifully on both sides. I got one for each of my four dogs, and they came with my choice of connector and a rubber silencer to protect the "edge" of the circular tags, and prevent clanging.

The silencers are very difficult to put on; you need to run them under warm water to get them pliable enough. Eventually, they become brittle and break off, but it's nice while they last. Only one or two are still here, because I learned that you can't take them on and off every day or two to clean out all the dirt that gets trapped underneath. I hate seeing it, but you've just got to leave it. Besides, they've reached the point where they'd be impossible to remove and replace without breaking them.

Anyway...as long as a dog isn't constantly knocking the tag into everything, the silencer isn't really necessary. I chose the Zombie Poodle design for my Saluki, the pizza for the Brittany, the jackpot for the Beagle, and the Lupine apples for the Bluetick (all in the large size.) The Beagle eventually lost his tag, no doubt because he's so short and always sniffing the ground. It must have gotten snagged off someplace. I replaced it with an adorable tiny Zazzle tag with a "Cartoonize My Pet" version of him on it; aside from being more difficult to read because it's so small, that tag is also of excellent quality. The Saluki's & coonhound's clips broke as well, but thankfully I found their tags in the house.

Now, three of the dogs have Links-It clips, which hold the tags closer to the collar and are preventing them from falling off and being lost. The Britt's the only one whose original clip is still holding strong, so I didn't need to replace it yet.

But as for the tags themselves, again, they're terrific. We've had the oldest for about two years now. Sliding them onto the metal hoops initially does scrape off some paint, but get a plastic Links-It, and it'll slide right on with no damage at all. I'm in love with their artistic designs, especially the ones I selected--all of which suit my pups perfectly. I love the bold, vibrant colors and awesome images. The rainbow bones and several others are delightful as well. But when I saw this unique design, I knew instantly that it was the tag for me and my girl. Such attitude and style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20