Profile for Laurentz Lewis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laurentz Lewis RSS Feed (Bagram, Afghanistan)

College Algebra (5th Edition) (Dugopolski Precalculus Series)
College Algebra (5th Edition) (Dugopolski Precalculus Series)
by David I. Schneider
231 used & new from $0.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Math Textbook, November 18, 2010
I am taking college algebra now, and we're using this book. The problem I think most people are finding is that this book was written for traditional college students who had algebra 1&2 in high school and basically have no other time constraints, ie., a family, job etc. If you've been out of school for 10+ years it's going to be a struggle because the author assumes that he is just adding a little bit more knowledge to what you already know and have been doing for the last 2-3 years. If you are a non-traditional student I suggest that you also buy the solution manual and the DVD for this book, and then block off the adequate time required for you to succeed, otherwise forget it.

Now specifics about this book. It skips too many steps in the examples, therefore students can't go back to the particular section and see how a problem is solved. Also the even numbered problems often don't have their similar match amongst the odd numbered problems. So again you have no "blueprint" to use in solving that problem. Those two things are enough to give this book a 1-star rating even with the explanation I gave about non-traditional vs. traditional students.

Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch
Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch
Offered by DirectWatchGroup
Price: $10.74
27 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Casio Watch--A Ok, April 25, 2008
I'll keep this short and sweet. This was my first digital watch nearly twenty years ago. I've had many since, and yes, I searched for this one and bought it. Why? Well, it's like me concise and to the point. Gives you what you want and need without the frills. Loved it then and love it now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2010 9:05 AM PDT