Profile for mememe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mememe "spaghetti" RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2
The Learning Journey Match It! Mathematics
The Learning Journey Match It! Mathematics
Price: $6.32
47 used & new from $4.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Not (just) for toddlers, August 26, 2014
I see a lot of reviews from people who mention their kids playing with it are 1, 2, 3 years old. I bought this toy (spelling version) when my daughter (now 5, with ADHD) was 3. She liked it, but really needed only 1-2 puzzles at a time because too many pieces all jumbled up frustrated her. By 4 she could do a lot of them but only if I sat next to her playing along (as a function of her attention span). At 5 she can do all of them all at one time jumbled up, in about 8 minutes. Even if I leave the room! It has been a great tool to help her train her attention span little by little. She loves addition so I ordered the math version also.

25 Read & Write Mini-Books That Teach Word Families: Fun and Interactive Rhyming Stories That Give Kids Practice With the 25 Key Word Families—and Put Them on the Path to Reading Success!
by Nancy I. Sanders
Price: $8.53
72 used & new from $2.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful phonics tool, March 4, 2014
My child is 4 and a half and has a lot of interest in learning to read. She has been "decoding" small short vowel sounds and reading simple sentences ("the cat sat on the mat" type sentences) for a long time, but has not managed to "get" the concept of the silent e and long vowel sounds. I have tried a few things from just reading to her and exposing her to long vowel words to videos to word building apps, and this book seems to have made a huge difference. She seems to be one who really benefits from picture clues and the ones in these little books are very clear and simple, and the rhyming and repetition help. She loves to make the books and once they are put together, she can cool the pictures once she has read the sentences. The phonics game (fill in the blanks in the word "_ o g" next to the picture of the dog type game, featuring words from the story) help solidify the lesson.

Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner (2 oz)
Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner (2 oz)
Offered by HeredomUs
Price: $18.70
6 used & new from $18.70

5.0 out of 5 stars I can finally use my tub, June 29, 2013
I have not used the jets in my tub in years, ever since I noticed black gunk coming out. I tried bleach, vinegar, dishwashing detergent, everything, and still the nasty black stuff. I had no idea jetted tub cleaner existed until I stumbled on it in an Amazon search, decided on AhhSome, and I am so glad I did! After the first use, lots of black gunk came out; there was less the second time, and after four uses, the biofilm is all gone! I feel like I can turn the jets back on and relax again!
I will say that it is SUPER concentrated. It doesn't smell "bad" but it does have a pretty strong chemical smell. Be sure to turn the bathroom fan on and keep the door open. Run it through, clean it out and relax!

Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, Original Scent, Blue,  14-Ounce
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, Original Scent, Blue, 14-Ounce
Offered by Special Supply
Price: $7.00
7 used & new from $3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Dawn, April 10, 2013
What can I say? Blue Dawn is classic and timeless. You can clean dishes with it straight up, dilute it and make your car shiny, dilute it some more and make your toddler happy with cheap bubble solution, or mix it with vinegar for a shower cleaner soap scum annihilator.

Fred and Friends Lip Service Mustache Picks
Fred and Friends Lip Service Mustache Picks
Price: $8.20
14 used & new from $1.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item sent, April 9, 2013
I ordered the mustaches, but they sent lips. I would give it one star but it was still too darn cute so I had to give it 2 stars. Luckily someone I know had some mustaches left over from a party they threw so I ended up with both. I like to make cute lunches for my daughter and the "funny face" sandwich I made with lips and mustache (and some food items for eyes and nose) was the biggest hit so far.

Brave (Three-Disc Collector's Edition: Blu-ray / DVD)
Brave (Three-Disc Collector's Edition: Blu-ray / DVD)
DVD ~ Kelly Macdonald
Offered by Brand New Rarities
Price: $25.74
109 used & new from $10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story for girls, October 28, 2012
I've read some of the bad reviews, and they seem focused on a few things: 1) Scary scenes, 2) Nudity, 3) Lack of romance. Well, my three year old is super brave so I do agree that a lot of sensitive littles may have an issue with the movie, but it's not really an issue in our household. Nudity? Well, that's kind of laughable as it's an animated movie. I guess some people would rather hear fart humor and characters calling each other jackass ("Shrek"), and if that's you then skip this one, but it's really just two quick scenes and not in a scandalous way. And about that lack of romance... one of the reasons I love this movie for my daughter is the lack of romance for the main character. In fact, the whole plot is about teenager Merida trying to change her "fate" which is to get married before she's ready. She passionately pleads during one speech to the parents of her suitors to let their children decide when they are ready for marriage and to choose their own spouses. This is beyond refreshing after decades of Disney princess schlock where the all too young princess gets into a scrape and must be rescued by a man and then lives "happily ever after". Also, I found the romantic sparks between Merida's parents to be pretty sweet.

If you're raising an independent daughter you want to think for herself and not think girls are meant to be saved by boyfriends, don't skip this movie. (If she's sensitive and scares easily, wait until she's at least school age, though.)
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2014 9:07 AM PDT

Beleduc Construction Site 5 Layer Wood Puzzle
Beleduc Construction Site 5 Layer Wood Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great puzzle, September 12, 2012
My daughter has 3 layer puzzles from Beleduc, and this is the newest. My three year old has started paying attention to bridges and asking questions about how they are made, so I remembered this puzzle and got it for her. One thing she and I both loved was that the number of the layer is on the back of each piece. I love it because she doesn't know numbers yet but is picking them up quickly through playing with this puzzle. Beleduc's puzzles are very well made, and they grow with the child. At first you can segregate the layers and give them one layer at a time, and once they learn how to tell the layers apart, you can mix them up for more challenge.

Hape - Your Body - Girl 5-Layer Wooden Puzzle
Hape - Your Body - Girl 5-Layer Wooden Puzzle
Price: $17.43
35 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful puzzle, September 12, 2012
This was our first layered puzzle from Beleduc, and we liked it so much I've bought 2 more. They are well made, challenging, and educational. I can use this to teach my daughter basic body parts, specific part names like various organ and bone names, etc. My daughter got it when she was 2 1/2 and is now 3 1/2 and still uses it weekly. It didn't take too long before she figured out how to distinguish between the layers. Unlike some of the layered puzzles, it's easy to tell at a glance whether a puzzle piece is an organ, muscle, skin, or clothes. The only caution is that it is, in a cartoonish way, anatomically correct. That threw my 11 year old niece and a few friends for a loop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2013 11:29 AM PST

KitchenAid 12-Cup Muffin Pan with Wire Sled, Red
KitchenAid 12-Cup Muffin Pan with Wire Sled, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't experience problems of other reviewers, August 28, 2006
i didn't experience the smell or sticking issues with my muffin tin. i have made 2 batches of muffins; the first were banana muffins in paper cups. i didn't spray the surface with cooking spray, and even though the muffins were tall and spilled over onto the top, they did not stick. Cleanup was a breeze. The second set of muffins were "dinner muffins", more like an herb dinner roll than a muffin. They were made without paper cups at all, and i sprayed lightly with cooking spray and experienced no sticking at all. They came out easy, tasted great, and i was thrilled. Both were new recipes to me. Cleanup is fast and easy, and no worry about that browning, crusty stuff that forms on aluminum bakeware. The sled was handy, too, though slightly cumbersome to clean and store. The only downside was that the muffin indentations were a little shallower than the traditional aluminum pan.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful family film, May 24, 2004
i found this film to be an utter delight. The feel of the film was very upbeat, the acting was good, the direction was marvelous, even the singing was wonderful :). It's a much more juvenile film than my usual tastes (which normally run to the suspense/thriller or independent genres and almost always rated R), and yet i enjoyed it enough to see it twice more in theater and pre-order the DVD.
After seeing the film, i did read the novel, and there are most definitely severe differences between the two. The plotlines are divergent in almost every way, so it is very likely that someone who enjoyed the book before seeing the movie will be disappointed after the credits. However, as a story in its own right, i found "Ella Enchanted" to be a very fun and enjoyable movie. Parts of it are silly, a few even downright juvenile, but there's much less of the potty humor than most popular childrens movies of today (read "Shrek"). Ella makes a wonderful role model for young girls, and the morals of the story are profound, and yet not so bold as to be thrust in one's face.
Every once in a while, a family movie comes out that transcends all genres and can touch all types of individuals. "The Princess Bride" (1987), also starring Cary Elwes, is one of those films, and "Ella Enchanted" is following in it's footsteps. i wouldn't say it's AS GOOD as "The Princess Bride", but then i can't think of a single other family film that is. It is, however, the best thing since.

Page: 1 | 2