Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for M. Sarkar > Reviews

Browse

M. Sarkar's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sarkar RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Black & Decker FP1500 Power Pro II food processor
Black & Decker FP1500 Power Pro II food processor

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy (cheap) on critical parts; good on looks - but what good is that?, October 4, 2015
About a dozen uses, before the plastic shaft stopped spinning (even though the motor whirrs along). This is no news to us customers. It's a known and possibly "planned obsolescence" feature- a plastic part that gets stripped easily. That's lame, B & D, when the appliance is about $100.

No more B&D food processors for this kitchen any more.

Sword Of Gideon
Sword Of Gideon
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, but the video seemed subtandard during Prime streaming., June 4, 2014
This review is from: Sword Of Gideon (Amazon Video)
Albeit long and of somewhat shoddy video quality (my experience during Prime streaming), this is a well-crafted movie.
Rod Stieger's acting is superb. The other cast do a good job, too.
Do not expect the special effects of "Munich" here. This story is compelling even without those effects.

Duragadget® Car charger for Magellan Maestro 3100 3210 3210
Duragadget® Car charger for Magellan Maestro 3100 3210 3210

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, April 29, 2014
Amazon might as well do its customers a service and take down this listing.
The Magellan 3100 GPS uses a barrel-type connector tip for power. This listing's picture shows a mini-USB tip.

In fairness to Amazon, there are plenty of sellers on other sites, including auction sites, that "assume" a mini-USB will work with any Magellan.

MaximalPower UC302 Universal Charger with LED Light Indicator for Camera, Camcorder, PDA and Cellular with USB Output, Car Charger and European AC Adaptor

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting versatile design, but..., May 20, 2013
... rather cheaply built. I noticed that the seams were poorly glued/loose in mine. Came in a glossy cardboard box, with plastic inserts (wasteful) BUT - with no instructions whatsoever. I took a leap of faith and tested with a Maximal Power battery that I'd purchased from a different seller on Amazon. The charging seemed to commence well, with the LED lights at the front end showing the charging progress.

The unit I received was purchased elsewhere. I'll salute Amazon if it can get the manufacturer to enclose some minimal instructions or, at least, post a link/pdf on Amazon. And while we are on the subject, we customers would rather have electronics with intelligible instructions instead of frustration-ridden plastic packaging materials and glossy printing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 6:20 AM PDT

Samsung WB250F 14.2MP CMOS Smart WiFi Digital Camera with 18x Optical Zoom, 3.0"  Touch Screen LCD and 1080p HD Video (White) (OLD MODEL)
Samsung WB250F 14.2MP CMOS Smart WiFi Digital Camera with 18x Optical Zoom, 3.0" Touch Screen LCD and 1080p HD Video (White) (OLD MODEL)
9 used & new from $120.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd rate at 3.5 stars. With some improvements, Samsung could have gotten a 4 or 4.5, April 5, 2013
I carry a compact camera in my pocket quite often and generally prefer the older models with CCD sensors over the glitzy newer models with their 1/2.5 inch CMOS sensors. For the past 2-3 years, I've looked to upgrade for the wider 24-25 mm lenses and the 12-20x zooms on newer cameras, and had hoped that at least one manufacturer would put in a rotating LCD screen (or even a viewfinder, for those glaring sunny days) in a compact pocketable camera. I am not a pixel-peeper and I try to avoid post-processing on the computer. I do not expect to print any larger than 8x10 inch, so I have reasonable expectations from a compact travel camera. Hopefully, that gives you an idea about my perspective on photography with a point-and-shoot compact.

I'll touch on some points below, having already posted some thoughts in replies to other reviews here and on the older WB150F model's pages. Your opinions might obviously vary from mine, but please TEST the camera before you question/comment :-)

With the WB250F, image quality is quite good. I've used the P (program) mode, the Auto and the Scene modes. I'm planning to post pics on Google+ using the hashtag #POAB and maybe even a comparison with the Sony HX10V and my older workhorse compact, the Samsung v70 (1/1.8 inch CCD sensor).

For indoor use, I set ISO to 200. The flash power was adequate and image quality was good, too.

The ability to change settings using the physical buttons, the touchscreen or a combination of both definitely makes this WB250F camera fun to use - and it's often faster than scrolling though menus.

The placement of the pop-up flash, closer to the middle of the body is much more ergonomic than many other cameras. Unlike the Sony and Canon travel zoom models in/above this price range, you can grip the camera quite nicely with BOTH hands and not have to worry about having a finger over the flash. You have to press a button to pop the flash up. I'm sure users' feelings are mixed about having to manually pop the flash.

I'll agree with C. Bruce that the WB250F does pretty well in low light mode: it takes a short burst of pics in low light, then flattens them into a single image with fairly good detail. In my experiments, the ISO climbed to 1280 but the image remained usable. Some cameras like the Sony HX10V might easily climb to ISO 3200 in low light mode, but the pics become noisy.

This WB250F camera has a "Rich Tones" mode that uses HDR. In my tests, mostly on dawn and sunset skies, the HDR result seemed a lot more "real" as compared to the red-shifted "watercolor painting" that I got from a Sony in HDR mode. I like a vivid pic as much as anyone else, but the Sony's HDR went overboard and seemed too fake to me (I prefer "real" over overprocessed photos designed to elicit "oohs" and "aahs").

Macros come out fine. Colors are pleasing, and without over-saturation.

You can adjust sharpness and contrast via the menu.

Video quality at 720p, MP4 settings seemed good to my eyes, but I haven't tested extensively. The dedicated video button is located close to the raised thumbgrip. Zooming during video is possible, but you risk "focus hunting" even if you zoom as slowly as possible.

In playback mode, the touchscreen allows swiping to move back or forth. Not a huge thing, but an obvious touch (pun intended) coming from Samsung's giant footprint in smartphones. Toggling the "display" button (the top of the four-way controller) quickly shows a histogram and the exposure, etc data. One major frustration in playback mode is that the lower ~1/8th of the screen in playback mode gets partly obscured by a panel containing two "soft" buttons. So, unless you patiently wait a few seconds, you cannot see the entire photo in playback. Utterly irresponsible of the Samsung designers. Rather, incomprehensible, given how many other things have been nicely thought through and implemented in the touchscreen user interface.

The WB250F's 18x optical zoom is snappy but poorly implemented: it doesn't zoom in reasonably smooth increments. I wonder if the zoom is too fast by intention, or is the zoom lever too sensitive? The initial optical zoom between 1x - approx 5x is fine. However, after 7.8x, it jumps to about 12x, then about 15x, finally 18x. With the jerky zoom, I find it hard to frame a pic at just the right zoom for the scene. Also, the camera often hunts for focus, even when set to center focus. I've played with Program, Manual, Auto and the zoom issue persists. The zoom only gets smoother once in *digital* zoom at 19x and above (but pic quality will suffer if using digital zoom).

Focus hunting is fairly common with this camera. This happens sometimes even with good light when focusing on objects without sharp lines, e.g. clouds. Knowing that multi-point focus is more work for the camera, I keep it set to center-weighted focus. So, I'll lock in focus on a distant tree, then point the camera at the cloud. In some (but not all) cases, the camera focuses faster when set to "action shot" using the S mode on the selector dial. Focusing needs improvement - hope Samsung is listening.

If anyone else here can comment on their camera's optical zoom and its smoothness on the WB250F, I'd appreciate it. Not sure if Samsung can make the zoom smoother with a firmware update, but I'd love the camera if it had a decent usable range in optical zoom and faster focusing.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 4:32 PM PST

Gibson Holders Black Fold & Go Stand for iPad®, iPad® 2, Netbooks, Ultra Portable Lap Tops and more

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, rating 3.5 stars, March 21, 2012
I suppose this stand Fold & Go Stand for iPad®, iPad® 2, Netbooks, Ultra Portable Lap Tops and more deserves a good 4 stars for the build quality and utility. It, however, fell short on the implied promise of comfortably securing a tablet as pictured (using the elastic). I've used this stand to hang a 7-inch screen tablet in landscape mode from the back of an airplane seat (see the manufacturer's video) on several long flights - it performed well. However, to keep the tablet secure, I had to pass the elastic cords across the entire width of the tablet and not just over the corners. This impeded my use of the touchscreen to some degree.
Before my purchase, I contacted the manufacturer Gibson Holders with a question and received a prompt reply to my satisfaction. The manufacturer's site has a diverse line of products including other designs for stands, also made in the USA, but I opted for the convenience of my Amazon Prime, i.e. the free shipping and secure checkout.
For me, this product did the job. For any user who may need to read/touch the tablet quite often while it is in the stand- the dimensions of your tablet will dictate how well the elastic securements work.

Playtex Diaper Genie Twist-Away Refill
Playtex Diaper Genie Twist-Away Refill
Offered by JoyoftheHunt
Price: $28.98
8 used & new from $24.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, April 5, 2011
This is the refill for the Original (i.e. 1st version) Diaper Genie. One way to make it last longer is to not twist the bag to "closed" position unless you just put a diaper with smelly poop into the pail.

Arrived promptly from Amazon. At almost 7 bucks, Amazon's price is probably 25% higher than the typical WM/Target pricing. Will be nice if Amazon makes this eligible for Subscribe and Save, given how people use diaper pails for a good number of months.

Hiroshima Dreams
Hiroshima Dreams
by Kelly Easton
35 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked the author's style of writing, October 24, 2010
This review is from: Hiroshima Dreams (Hardcover)
....which is pretty subjective, I guess. Nevertheless, I bought this to give as a gift.

The Complete Book of Baby Bargains: 1,000+ Best Ways to Save Money Every Day
The Complete Book of Baby Bargains: 1,000+ Best Ways to Save Money Every Day
by Kimberly Danger
Price: $1.36
52 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good tips, some common sense, October 24, 2010
Would I pay $10 for it? Maybe, if I felt pretty overwhelmed by the impending costs of parenthood. Otherwise, many of the tips are not so "new" for savvy internet shoppers.
Perhaps this is a book best evaluated by a quick browsing through it at your library...if the contents seem "eyeopening" to you, then buy it if you wish.

Duracell Rechargeable AA Batteries 4 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Duracell Rechargeable AA Batteries 4 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Offered by Circuit Office
Price: $12.87
18 used & new from $6.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Made in China (black tops) shipped July 4, 2010 (used Subscribe and Save, purchased via Amazon), July 8, 2010
Just a heads-up whom this matters.
I have yet to see a serious comparison of the white tops versus the black tops, though...unless someone can point me to a comparison.

Page: 1 | 2