Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for cathlicboy17 > Reviews

Browse

cathlicboy17's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

cathlicboy17 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
50 Inch Aluminum Camera Tripod + Universal Tripod Smartphone Mount For Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Mega 2, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 mini, Gala
Offered by eCostConnection
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive tripod, solidly holds any phone!, June 16, 2015
Good product! Seems a bit flimsy but it is great for the price! Should work well and last a while if I use it with care.

Incipio Dual PRO for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Obsidian Black/ Obsidian Black
Offered by Hernandeza
Price: $7.95
23 used & new from $7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, fits well, November 18, 2012
This case is really wonderful. It fits on the iPhone 5 perfectly and allows easy access to all buttons, cameras, and ports. the edges of the case don't interfere when using the touch screen. I like the feel of the case. I doesn't collect too much lint from being in a pocket, mainly just if I wear jeans. The case is smooth but allows for me to have a better grip on my phone. It also provides good protection. While I wouldn't go chucking the phone around, I certainly believe that this case would keep it safe from most drops and falls. Finally, it doesn't add much bulk to the phone itself, which is nice. All in all a good buy.

Car Mount, iOttie Easy Flex 2 Windshield Dashboard Car/Desk Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7) /5s/5c/4s, Galaxy S4/S3, HTC One -Retail Packaging -Black
Price: $13.99
14 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, November 18, 2012
This windshield mount is incredibly strong and holds my device (an iPhone 5 in a case) secure. The design makes it simple to install and use. Also, because the holder rotates in is capable of holding your device vertically as well as horizontally which is nice.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Offered by J&S GAMES
Price: $10.21
34 used & new from $4.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, Terrible installation process, February 17, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't want to get into a big long review about the game or gameplay here but I will say that I like this game very much. I am a huge LOTR fan and have played virtually every LOTR video game that was ever made. If you want to know what the game is like, go to the website [...] and read about it they have lots of info. I just want to say a couple things about the installation process.

First, you have to activate this game through Steam, which was very annoying, I have a slow internet connection and after it installed steam it had to update it, and that took a little while. Then, instead of installing the game from the disc which I purchased at a retail store, you can only install about half of the game from the disc, the rest you have to download. It was over 3GB for me, and I had to do it overnight. So, what was going to be a fun few hours at night turned out to be a frustrating and annoying experience. Now, after it is installed, you can set steam to use "offline" and then you don't need an internet connection to launch the game. Also, at least for me, I don't need the disc to launch the game. That is very nice.

Also, for you parents out there, I think that the M rating is a little over the top. Under the game settings from the main menu you can turn off the gore and blood and it plays basically like any other LOTR game has so far. The Undead at the Barrow Downs are a little spooky looking, but beyond that it is really no big deal. However, with the "gore" setting on, you can see blood splattering around (which is usually black because you are fighting orcs) and you can at least decapitate enemies, as well as probably (although I didn't see this) chop off limbs. If you turn off the gore, I think that this game is suitable for any teens that have played previous LOTR games. I haven't however played through the entire game, if I come accross something more objectionable I will update this review. (If I haven't updated this review in three weeks then I have probably finished the game and don't need to update this). Let me asssure you that I am a relatively conservative gamer and was prepared to get rid of this game if I thought it had too much violence. Since it is fantasy, and you aren't killing other humans, I don't think it is really a problem, not for me anyways.

Rocketfish Bluetooth High-Definition Stereo Headphones for Most Bluetooth-Enabled Devices Black RF-MAB2
3 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones! I don't regret the purchase at all!, January 1, 2012
These headphones are great. They worked perfectly with my iPod Touch 4G. They were simple to pair the first time and after that they automatically connect whenever they, and the Bluetooth are/is on on my iPod. They work for music and podcasts perfectly and they also work for most games and apps just fine. They distance away from the iPod that they stay working isn't the greatest but that is okay because I usually just keep my iPod in my pocket while I use them. There are two things that make these really great: the really long battery life and the controls from the headset itself. The battery lasts longer than I could ever use at one time (after charging it when I first got it I used it all I wanted and didn't have to charge it until four days later). My favorite part is definitely the ability to play/pause, skip/rewind, and turn the volume up or down right from the headphones! I was worried it wouldn't work with my iPod but it works wonderfully! Let me not forget the different modes (EQ settings basically) that you can change it to. I listen to a lot of classical/movie soundtrack music and there is a setting that is supposed to stimulate a live performance, I think it works very well. I debated buying these for a while and now I wish I had bought them a long time ago! They are actually comparatively cheap as well. There is only one thing that I don't like about them and that is that after extended periods of wearing them they make my ears sore and they aren't good to wear when I am lying on my back.

Last thing: some people have left reviews that I have read complaining about sound quality for different Bluetooth headphones. I am not a super freak about sound quality but these are definitely as good or better than any other earbuds/headphones I have ever owned. IN short, these are a must buy.

Griffin Technology FlexGrip Action Silicone Case for iPod touch 4G (Black)
Griffin Technology FlexGrip Action Silicone Case for iPod touch 4G (Black)
16 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, best case for iPod Touch 4G that I own!!, November 14, 2011
Okay, this is going to be somewhat in depth.

First, this case is really good on several counts:

It fits like a glove.
It provides good protection.
It doesn't mess up my screen protector.
It allows very good access to all ports, buttons, and both cameras.
It gives you something to grip while gaming. (main reason I bought it)

I want to say also that before I had this case I was having a lot of trouble with my home button not working properly, but since I have been using this case the home button has worked every time I have pressed it, which makes me extremely happy. I don't like cases too much as a rule because they add to the bulk of the iPod and it's something that is in my pocket all the time so the smaller the better. This case however does add some bulk, but it's not too noticeable, and I like the way it looks so much that I haven't taken it off yet. This covers the front areas of the iPod (the black part that doesn't have any of the screen) which is good because my screen protector was starting to peel up on one of the corners but no this case will hold it down.

The only things that I don't like about it so far are these:

It gets lots of lint on it while in my pocket because of the material it is made from, it brushes off pretty easily though.
For some reason the case causes my auto-brightness setting to detect it as being dark out so it dims my screen's brightness way down, all I have to do is turn off the auto-brightness though which isn't too annoying.

The case comes with a wrist strap but I'm not using it. It is totally optional to put it on or leave it off.

Overall this is maybe the best case I have ever bought, I like it a lot, and it is good value for the cost.

HDE Neoprene Case for Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Cameras
HDE Neoprene Case for Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Cameras
Offered by HDE
Price: $6.45
2 used & new from $3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, works for Cybershot DSC-W530 models, October 4, 2011
This case is perfect! It fits just right for my Sony Cybershot camera. It won't necessarily protect your camera from being broken if dropped; but it will protect perfectly from scratches, dust, and dirt. Very nice! It just fits my DSC-W530 so any models bigger than that won't fit inside the case.

Star Wars 2011 Vintage Collection Action Figure #54 ARC Trooper Commander
Star Wars 2011 Vintage Collection Action Figure #54 ARC Trooper Commander
Offered by Toms_Toys_72
Price: $44.99
10 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, fun figure., October 3, 2011
This is a good action figure. Very movable and several weapons, they should make more like these. Thanks Hasbro, I just wish you made toys like this when I was a kid...

The Last Airbender
The Last Airbender
DVD ~ Noah Ringer
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $9.95
58 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Only one good thing about this movie, April 12, 2011
This review is from: The Last Airbender (DVD)
Okay, when I first saw this I had never seen a single episode of the TV show, I had heard about it yes, but never seen it. We were bored and had nothing else to do so we rented this movie and watched it on the recommendation of a friend. O my GOSH what an awful movie, as someone who never saw the TV series I wasn't disappointed by the COMPLETE AND UTTER LACK OF STAYING TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL STORY, but the whole thing was stupid. Instead of some quick "bending" action almost every single fight seen was put into slow motion, okay, a little is fine, 95% of it, no it was very boring. The dialog was awful, it doesn't matter that the actors where/are mostly kids, kids can act if they know how and are given proper DIRECTION, but whoever wrote this was just, oh I don't know, they sent their brain on vacation for that time. It was pathetic, something that should have been dramatic and emotional just made you want to laugh. The story didn't even make sense, instead of feeling for these people who are really in dire situations you are just left trying to figure out what is going on.

Now, I did say that there is ONE good thing about this movie and that is that it got me interested in seeing the TV series, and boy, what an AWESOME series!!! It has everything: action, adventure, a little romance, creativity, and it's funny, really really funny at times. This movie didn't have an iota of humor in it, and one of the funniest characters in the TV show, Uncle Iroh, (my personal favorite character) doesn't even look like he does in the TV show, NOT AT ALL!!! Since when are the Fire Nation people Middle Eastern? They all have very pale skin in the TV show! Zuko looks nothing like he should, Sokka is too old, Iroh is too thin, the list goes on and on. Another major thing is: how in the world are they going to continue with the next two movies? (which I sadly heard is that M. Night is going to make three movies) They left out countless characters that have big roles in the next two seasons of the TV show. If this is how he wanted to make the movie, he should just have changed enough of the last little bit and made up something entirely new, at least it wouldn't disappoint as many people that way.

In the extras DVD that comes with the TV series there is an interview between the creators of the TV show (geniuses) and the man who directed this movie. In it he (M. Night Shayamalan) talks to the creators about how he was introduced to the show and how much he really loved it and how he thought he could make a great movie out of it. Well, something changed between then and when he actually made it because the way the movie is you'd think it was made by some guy who had a friend's 4 yr old try to tell him about the TV show, that's the level of knowledge about the show he seems to possess.

Everyone in my house enjoys the TV show, we've now watched all three seasons,and we all decided that the only good that came of watching this movie was that it led us to the greatness that is Avatar: the Last Airbender. If you are already a fan of the TV show and you've seen this movie, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen this movie or the TV show, then forget about this (it won't taint you memory that way) and just buy the TV series.

Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle-Earth Anthology
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle-Earth Anthology

5.0 out of 5 stars Best RTS game I've played so far, March 24, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is awesome, I'm not going to go into detail because others have already done so, but this is a great game, although it does tend to lag a bit if you have a lot going on (I'm playing on a PC that passes the recommended requirements) but it has great visuals if you have the graphics settings up a little. These games are also fairly true to the world of Tolkien, including back story that Tolkien wrote but isn't in the main LOTR movies and such. If you play this game with other people it's 100 times better than against the computers, but it's still fun to play through the campaign(s) These games have the largest # of maps and factions and modes of play out several RTS games I've played. Overall, very good, if you like RTS games even if you don't like LOTR get this, you will enjoy it I'm sure.

Page: 1 | 2