Profile for Nick > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 893

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick RSS Feed (Chicago)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[UL Certified] iClever® 3.1A 15W Dual USB Travel Mobile Wall Charger AC Power Adapter for Apple and Android Phones and Tablets: Apple iPad Air, iPad 5, iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3, 3GS, Samsung Galaxy Tab, S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, HTC One M8, Motorola Android Smartphones and External Battery- 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dual USB port charger!, April 19, 2015
Works well. The fact that it's UL Certified tells me that this won't spontaneously burst into flame like some USB chargers I've reviewed. I didn't notice any overheating or any odd issues - I had my iPad and iPhone plugged in simultaneously and it worked great. It feels as light and is roughly the same size as the iPad charger. Good charger!

The Complete Harvard Classics
The Complete Harvard Classics
Price: $50.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, but let us sample it first, April 19, 2015
I spent over 2 years reading the complete set of the Harvard Classics, and I couldn't recommend it any more if you wanted to grow and learn. I read most of them via Kindle, but a third of them weren't, and despite them being in the public domain, they were of rough quality and made it difficult to read.

I do think that the publisher needs to allow people to download a sample of the book - if only to test the quality of the conversion. Yes, all of these are in the public domain and available on archive.org, but for me, if it's a good copy without the typical butchering of OCR software, then I'll throw down money.

For the sake of argument, I purchased this ebook. The quality is pretty good, and there's a proper table of contents that actually works. After about an hour doing spotchecks, I think this book does a good job at taking the source material and making it into one solid book and very long book. I think it's worth buying, but you have to read it all for it to be worthwhile.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Shoe Sac, White, One Size
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Shoe Sac, White, One Size
Price: $18.00
2 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have size 12 or up, this won't be for you., April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of Eagle Creek products - their folding sleeves are amazing. So I was excited to give this a try, considering my prior method of keeping running shoes or dirty sandals at bay was just wrap them in a plastic bag and hope they didn't ruin my other stuff. Not a great way to do this.

The Eagle Creek Pack-It Shoe Sac says that it cram a pair of shoes/hiking boots or two pairs of sandals. Now, I have a size 13 shoe, and could barely cram my running shoes in there. There's absolutely no way that I'd be able to get a pair of my hiking boots in one of these. Absolutely none. As for two pairs of sandals - they would have to be the the absolutely flat kind, not anything that has an ankle strap. So it's good that it (barely) fits my running shoes, their description of what this could actually hold is way off.

Strangely enough, Eagle Creek makes Shoe Cubes, which I've used to put my hiking boots in, and they are the same price as this. I honestly think that the Shoe Cubes are the far better choice than this Shoe Sac. Overall, this is a decent enough product, priced a few dollars more than it should, that does the job. However, if you have larger feet or wear heels, this may not be for you. I think Eagle Creek needs to change their description to the product to better reflect what this is capable of.

3.5 stars

Philips AVENT Classic Plus Newborn Starter Set, Blue
Philips AVENT Classic Plus Newborn Starter Set, Blue
Price: $39.50
2 used & new from $39.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bottle set for newborns!, April 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great bottles, easily cleaned. Easy assembly. No colic issues with baby, Baby latched on with no problems. Lots of helpful items in this cute set, overall a great gift for any mom.

Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump, 2015 Version
Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump, 2015 Version
Price: $199.90
5 used & new from $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars For a mom with term and uncomplicated baby who nurses, this is a terrific pump, April 17, 2015
The wife's review:
I would like this pump very much if I did not have the professional grade Medela Symphony to compare to directly. However--both my babies required me to pump since birth so I needed to make every ounce count.

For a mom with term, uncomplicated babies who nurse well this is a terrific pump. Comfortable, quiet. Comparable in quality and milk output to the Medela pump in style--however the strange little Avent bottles this comes with to pump into are awkward. One of the nice things about the Medela kits are the multiple universal containers that can be pumped into. Again, you lose suction pumping into bags and should pump into containers to get max production. If my insurance covered this pump instead of medelas' pump in style I would feel okay about it. 3.5 stars.

Israel Football Supporters Scarf
Israel Football Supporters Scarf
Offered by Pro Active
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great football scarf, April 16, 2015
Israel Football gear is extremely hard to find to the point of it being almost ridiculous, so it was nice to find a place that had a scarf available. The scarf is made out of a decent material that feels good to the touch and is good quality.The item shipped from the UK and arrived in 2 weeks.

Lonely Planet Pocket Orlando & Walt Disney World® Resort (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Orlando & Walt Disney World® Resort (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: $10.49
63 used & new from $5.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pocket guide to the Orlando area, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For a lot of people, Orlando = Disney World and it's really not. The Lonely Planet Pocket Orlando covers other parks like Universal Studios and Legoland. I tend to visit the area often enough to partake in the Disney experience, but the megaparks in Orlando are a bit overwhelming and I would need help if I were planning a trip with the kids to tackle the parks.

Since it's a pocket sized book, it's pretty limited in terms of coverage. However, the book is a good enough launching point that if I had never been to Disney World or Universal before, I could use this book to get an idea of what the highlights are, along with what to do in Orlando outside of the large parks. It's something I would purchase for a kid (6+) to get them to help in planning a trip so at least they can get an idea of what we're going to see and get them thinking about what they want to see.

Overall this is a good introductory book to Disney World, Universal and Orlando in general, but the more research you do, the better.

JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
Price: $126.00
98 used & new from $94.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing headphones, April 15, 2015
I bought these so I can listen to music while running, and I ended up returning them after 2 weeks. Instead of a promised 8 hours of battery life, I was consistently getting 2 hours before I got the audible warning of "low battery." The sound quality from my iPhone 5s was really disappointing - lots of static and garble. I was able to replicate this with my iPad and Galaxy S4 as well. The earpieces didn't seem to fit as well - even with the smallest earpieces, I still feel like they had to be forced into my ears.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed. Sure, I could have returned them and see if I got a defective pair, but I didn't like the fit. But if this is the best of the best of the bluetooth headphones, I might have to stick with wired.

Brita Water Filter Pitcher Replacement Filters, 2 Count
Brita Water Filter Pitcher Replacement Filters, 2 Count
Price: $11.99
6 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Brita is the gold standard in water/vodka filtration, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm in love with my Brita pitchers. I use one for water and the other for vodka. Since I live in a hard water city, I need filtered water because it just tastes better to me. And I do drink a lot of water so I tend to go through these filters often - past the recommended replacement until the water tastes weird.

As for vodka filtering - I use this to filter out the cheap vodka you get in plastic bottles. Four passes through, and it removes a lot of the impurities that cause hangovers. It won't change bad vodka into top shelf vodka, but it improves the taste so I can get the best bang for my buck when it comes to mixing drinks.

A Brita pitcher and filters is an investment but it's a great one. They improve the taste of everything I drink, and you'll definitely notice it and wonder why it took you so long to get Brita.

Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolate, Silver Foils, 66.7 Ounce
Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolate, Silver Foils, 66.7 Ounce
Price: $29.92
2 used & new from $29.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent candy at a high per unit cost, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hershey Kisses are delicious. There's no denying it. I use them for baking, and the leftovers go into the candy jar at work because they're far too dangerous to be left around the house (for my waistline and the dog.) The problem with a 66oz bag is that unless I planned on an epic baking adventure or a party, this is overkill size-wise. And Amazon's price at $30 for a bag like this is nearly 50% markup per ounce when compared to smaller 19oz bags at my grocery store and pharmacy, so there's no incentive to ever buy a bag this large from Amazon. Also, the smaller bags provide a bit of a cap on how much I could actually eat if given the chance.

Overall I love Hershey Kisses, but a bag this size and at this cost really do me no good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20