Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Nick > Reviews

Browse

Nick's Profile

Customer Reviews: 830

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick RSS Feed (Chicago)

Price: $8.78
3 used & new from $8.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great taste, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm in charge of the office candy bowl, mainly because if we don't feed our interns candy, they become prone to sudden violence. However, I don't want them thinking we can pay them six figure salaries out of college, so I intentionally don't get the top shelf candy. The Skittles and Starburst fun size pack is an appropriately priced bag (cheaper than Walgreens/CVS) that I'd buy for Halloween. The candy was fresh and tasted well, and more importantly, provided our staff and interns the candy they need to power through the day. Overall, I'm happy, and would have no problem adding this to my subscribe and save orders to be delivered to the office.

Skip Hop Zoo Bath Rev-Up Wave Rider, Dog
Skip Hop Zoo Bath Rev-Up Wave Rider, Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy for the bathtub, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a fan of Skip Hop toys - they tend to be a bit pricier than most bath toys, but the smile on my son's face when we put it in the bath was all worth it. It's a cute toy - it zips around the bath faster than I imagined it would and the barking sound made me smile. The toy seems of good quality and I expect that it will last a while. 4.5/5 stars.

MET-Rx Nuclear X Citrus Surge, 288 gram
MET-Rx Nuclear X Citrus Surge, 288 gram
Offered by Supplement Central Inc.
Price: $29.35
2 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good pre-workout drink for distance running/swimming, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a distance swimmer and runner, and I've been experimenting with pre-workout fueling. I've been using the CytoMax powders and have liked the, but sometimes I need a little "oomph" to extend those workouts.

Since I'm a heavy coffee drinker, I went straight with the proper dosing (2 scoops per 16-20 oz of water) and went for a swim. I performed well (relatively speaking) and even an hour after the swim I still had "the tingles" from this. Repeated this a week's worth of runs and I performed better but still felt "lit" after workouts for hours after. I should have heeded the advice of others and used one scoop per 16-20oz of water. Of course, there's no dosing information on the label so I had to turn to Google. For that alone, I'm deducting one star.

The taste of the Citrus Surge was pretty good - pleasant, no after taste. The powder didn't clump and easily dissolved (unlike Cytomax) so I didn't have to worry about it either leaving gunk in my nalgene water bottles.

Overall I'm pretty happy. It definitely seems like my longer runs will be slightly easier if I drink this before I head out, but at the same time, I shouldn't have to turn to Google to find out how to mix your product. I'll likely buy again.

Titleist Pro V1X Refinished Golf Balls (Pack 12)
Titleist Pro V1X Refinished Golf Balls (Pack 12)
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balls - I couldn't tell they were refinished., April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm what could be best described as a "hack" golfer, so I don't plan on investing in high end golf balls because I'll lose them at twice the rate of the cheaper ones. However, used/refinished golf balls are straight up my alley. I played a quick 9 with these and I didn't notice a single difference. In fact, if you hadn't written "refinished' on the box I would probably have never noticed that they were refinished balls. And if I lose a few during the course of 18, I won't get upset (versus regular V1X's.) I'd gladly buy these again.

Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment, 10 oz.
Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment, 10 oz.
Price: $113.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but mom loves it., April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 60-something mother stole this from the wife, and has sworn that this is the greatest thing to reduce the wrinkles on her neck and her dry skin. She's been on this for 3 weeks, and I've never seen her happy with any sort of skin cream before. There's no detectable "greasy" feeling and no odor and doesn't wear off on the shirt collar. But if mom's happy, then that's something.

The only gripe is the price - despite that you're using a small dab, it's still a psychological thing to get over - spending $100+ on a jar. But if mom's excited about buying another one of these when this runs out, then that's a good sign.

Raumfeld One S Wireless Streaming Speaker (White)
Raumfeld One S Wireless Streaming Speaker (White)
Price: $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little speaker, April 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I needed a replacement home office speaker since my old Airplay speaker gave up the ghost. I wasn't that familiar with Raumfeld One, but wanted to give them a try. Overall I'm really happy.

Set up was rather easy and I immediately put it to use playing a wide variety of music (top 40, classic rock, classical and opera) and was impressed. Both the highs and the bass were clear without distortion and everything midrange was superb. It was like you punched up a Bose speaker a notch.

I'm impressed the most with the streaming integration. The fact that I can run Spotify without any major hassle is awesome. I can stream without issues from my iPhone with the app (which is really nice). And the design - the design is impressive looking. Minimalist and yet full of power. The only downside I can think of is that this isn't an Airplay speaker. That would be nice but it's not necessary. Overall, 4.5 stars.

Callaway Strata Tour Advanced Golf Balls (White)
Callaway Strata Tour Advanced Golf Balls (White)
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $10.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget balls, April 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a lousy golfer, so I refuse to invest in excellent balls while I continue to lose them and hack up golf courses. Having said that, I was anxious to try these out during 18 last weekend in the col. A few notes:

1) The balls did seem to hit a bit longer than the cheapo Titleist ones (used, obviously) that I bought. When you're not good and you have that perceived "extra yardage" you'll attribute it slightly to the ball and more to your amazing gains on the course.
2) The balls did seem to scuff a bit at the end of the day. In a way I was hoping they would hold up a bit better but they're budget balls and if I lost one I wouldn't be upset.

Overall I'm happy with these. They're priced well enough that I won't be sad if I lose a few during 18 and they perform well enough to make me feel like I've made performance gains on the course.

John Varvatos Artisan Eau de Toilette Spray, 2.5 fl. oz.
John Varvatos Artisan Eau de Toilette Spray, 2.5 fl. oz.
Price: $66.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells wonderful, doesn't last long, March 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a scent-wearing person. But I was cajoled into giving this a try. I really liked the smell - it had a nice non-overpowering slightly citrus scent that didn't overpower anyone near me nor make me sneeze profusely as some cologne does. However, the smell faded away in about an hour, which was disappointing. Supposedly the scent lingered for a while after that, but it wasn't noticeable to me. I don't know if it's watered down or it just fades away quickly, but it didn't last as long as I'd like. It was nice smelling, however, but I don't want to douse myself in it so it lasts more than a few hours.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Home Play Set

Actions

Jacqueline Kuziej
2:53 AM
To: Nick Hawkins

This is a toy that gets played with every day by our 1 year old and our 3 1/2 year old. They can both play with it at once, plenty for each to do on their respective "side" of the door. Our 3 1/2 year old likes to pretend she is "outside" or "inside" a house and narrates what her brother does as well (open/shut, on/off, over/under, colors, etc). A popular feature with our kids is the mail slot and the pretend mail. Our daughter likes to drive a mail truck up to the door and "deliver" the mail. She also pretends to deliver packages to the "house." Our son likes to open and shut the door and turn the light on and off. The door also makes for a hilarious game of "peek-a-boo."

You tell the device how old your child is and it apparently "grows" with your children. Regardless, it is a really fun toy that does not make a mess and more than one child can play with at once. It is plastic but it is heavy and sturdy. Despite the two of them hanging on it, it has not even tipped.

Terrific, fun toy that our kids are getting a lot of use out of. Definitely recommend.

Brita 5 Cup Metro Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Filter, Red
Brita 5 Cup Metro Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Filter, Red
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful low-profile pitcher!, March 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of Brita pitchers, and I needed one to have at the office to filter the tap water. The 5 cup pitcher is small, is low profile in the office fridge (where space is at a premium) and is easily handled. Something like this would be good for younger children or people who have limited dexterity or issues with pouring the larger Brita pitchers. It certainly takes up way less room than my old home Brita pitcher!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20