Profile for Nick > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 941

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick RSS Feed (Chicago)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with Microphone
AmazonBasics Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with Microphone
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget headphones for exercise!, May 19, 2015
I needed a solid pair of bluetooth headphones that would stay attached while running. The earbud types kept falling out and in the case of the Jaybird Bluebuds, they just failed on me. So I was looking for something inexpensive that I wouldn't be too upset about if I lost.

The AmazonBasics brand has made some quality stuff in my opinion, and this is no difference. I paired the headphones with my iPhone and Macbook in a matter of seconds. For the iPhone, the call quality was great and for music, the sound was crisp and clear. They weren't as good as my Bose headphones, obviously, in terms of quality, but for $35, they worked fine. On my Macbook, I used these for a few quick Skype calls and had no problem with great sound quality both from the headphones and the mic. On long runs, these headphones stayed on my ear and didn't have any discomfort. I could use Siri (hold down the call button for a split second) and had no issues. I didn't feel like I had to scream like other headphones.

The box itself comes with a microUSB cable and a spare pair of ear covers, which I hope I don't lose before they're needed. There's an included multi-language manual.

Overall, I feel this is a quality pair of bluetooth headphones. Time will tell if they handle real sustained abuse but after a week with them, I'm happy. 4.5 stars.

ECR4Kids Horizontal Commercial Baby Changing Station, White Granite
ECR4Kids Horizontal Commercial Baby Changing Station, White Granite
Price: $148.36
4 used & new from $148.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and easy to clean baby changing station, May 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been looking for a baby changing station in support of a clinic I'm involved with, and am somewhat impressed with the ECR4Kids changing station. The station is made of a high quality material that not only looks like it'll handle rugged abuse, but more importantly, is easy to clean (we tested this by spilling food on it, not explosive stuff from children.) I was worried about the hinges but the opening/lowering action was smooth and easy to use, which is helpful if you've got the kid in one arm. The ease of use was pretty awesome.

The installation wasn't that bad. We had a contractor install this into a brick wall using shield anchors and lag screws without any real issues. The changing station doesn't come with the shield anchors or even any toggle bolts unlike their Rubbermaid counterparts, but I don't see that as big of an issue. I wouldn't even think about installing this yourself - this is for professionals, and if you install it yourself, you're asking for liability issues.

For support, ECR4Kids has a 2 year warranty, which seems standard. I did have two questions that I sent via email and they got back to me same business day, which was very appreciated. That peace of mind certainly helps going forward that you know they'll get back to you quickly.

Overall I'm pleased with this baby changing station. It certainly is something that I'd put at the top of my list if I needed to get another for if we're expanding this clinic or needed one in a public and high traffic bathroom.

Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap, X-Large, Hydro
Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap, X-Large, Hydro
Price: Click here to see our price
7 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running cap for those who need to protect themselves from the sun, May 11, 2015
I am perhaps the most easily sunburnt person on the planet, so even with sunscreen I'll still glow bright red. And as I ramp up training for long distance races, I'll be outside more. The OR Sun Runner cap is a pretty breathable cap - I've taken it on late night runs and it does a good job with breathability. The "cape" that covers ears/face/neck, is easily removed (two top buttons and the rear strap) if you just need the cap.

I'm a big fan of Outdoor Research - they make good solid gear for outdoors addicts, and their sun protection gear is first rate. And it's fairly priced compared to other "athletic" caps without the sun protection. This cap will definitely be used this summer and beyond.

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Garmin Vivoactive Screen Protector [2-Pack] Anti-Bubble Ultra HD & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Replacements
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, but I managed to scratch it right out of the box, May 8, 2015
I needed something to protect the screen of my Garmin Vivoactive - one of the complaints on Garmin's forums is that the screen is easily scratched. The ArmorSuit Military Shield fit my needs - it was easy to apply (the box comes with the adhesive solution and plastic wedge) and is perfectly cut for the screen. You spray both sides ever so lightly (hold it about a foot away while spraying) and apply it and use the wedge to get the bubbles out.

However, while applying it, I managed to gauge a nice small deformation in the screen protector. I didn't use any force and I've been applying screen shields like this on all my devices for years, so it was really weird to have this happen. Luckily there's two in a box, it doesn't fill me with real confidence that this can take real abuse. Only time will tell.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2015 5:46 PM PDT

Calvin Klein ETERNITY AQUA Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein ETERNITY AQUA Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars She liked it a lot!, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The smell of this is quite good, but it smells like most perfumes to me but felt lighter and not overpowering like some. It does tend to last for a while, so that I like. However, I defer to Her on all reviews of perfumes - and she enjoys it. She said it smells wonderful and makes her feel better about herself and that she'd buy it again. If that's the case, then it deserves a full rating.

Omron HJ-327T Alvita Wireless Activity Tracker, Light Green
Omron HJ-327T Alvita Wireless Activity Tracker, Light Green
Offered by Future Finds
Price: $32.69
6 used & new from $32.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic activity tracker, but needs integration work with MyFitnessPal, etc., April 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm an avid fan of fitness/activity trackers, and I had never heard of Omron, so I was anxious to try it out. As a pedometer, it's pretty simple and works well - it measures steps, distance and a guestimate on calories burned. For a week, I tried this out along with my Fitbit Zip and my Garmin Vivoactive. The Fitbit Zip and the Omron Alvita were about 2% off from each other, which wasn't bad (they were both off ~10% from my Vivoactive, which didn't surprise me since it's a wrist-based activity tracker.) The Alvita felt pretty solid and I didn't notice it on my belt after a while. The build quality seemed pretty solid, although it has a pretty bland design.

Getting the Alvita working with my iPhone was pretty simple - I had to download the companion Omron Fitness app, and I was able to sync without any issues. The app only links with RunKeeper and the Walgreens app, which seem like odd choices until you realize that Omron also sells blood pressure cuffs and more healthcare/wellness devices (vs fitness devices). For me, I was really hoping that I could get this linked with MyFitnessPal out of the box, since that's what I use in my effort to try to be healthy. You can link MyFitnessPal and RunKeeper together, but a direct connect to MyFitnessPal would be pretty awesome, since I can link other devices to that (my Fitbit Aria and Garmin Vivoactive for runs.)

Overall I have a hard time recommending this device because of the third party app connectivity. If I were starting out and needing a basic pedometer, I would struggle to recommend this over a Fitbit Zip unless I needed to have integration with wellness devices. That's not to say that this is a bad device - it isn't, but for me, it isn't what I'm looking for.

NBA Chicago Bulls Clip Pro Kippah Kipa Yamaka Jersey Mesh Licensed Yarmulke
NBA Chicago Bulls Clip Pro Kippah Kipa Yamaka Jersey Mesh Licensed Yarmulke
Offered by Toon's Station Inc.
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipped kippahs are absolutely marvelous, April 24, 2015
I've been a big fan of the "klipped kippahs" for a while, mainly because I have short hair and the conventional clips never seem to actually keep the kippah on my head. I can pop the clips on the underside of the kippah and squish it down on my head and the kippah sticks to my head pretty well. The kippah itself is made out of a high quality mesh and feels like a well-made product. Their "pro kippahs", which are officially licensed by Major League Baseball and the NBA, are of exceptional quality with the logos stitched on. No loose threads or fraying. Go Bulls!

Calvin Klein ETERNITY for Men AQUA Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein ETERNITY for Men AQUA Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts for a long time and makes me feel better, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not much of a cologne wearer but I figured that it was time to be an adult and start wearing some. I like the scent - it's nice and not overpowering and doesn't make me sneeze. More importantly, it's not that gross musky smell which has dissuaded me from colognes in the first place. It seems to last all day, so I can put some on before I leave for the office and still smell nice when I get home. The cologne has gotten me a number of compliments from both sexes, so that's a plus. Overall, I like it, and would gladly get more once this bottle runs out.

Outdoor Research Active Ice Sun Sleeves, Large/X-Large, Alloy
Outdoor Research Active Ice Sun Sleeves, Large/X-Large, Alloy
Price: $17.40
6 used & new from $17.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep the sun off of your arms, April 22, 2015
As a runner and someone who has very pale skin, I tend to turn fire engine red whenever I'm outside despite sunscreen. So something like this that will keep my arms not burnt is wonderful. These sun sleeves fit well - they're pretty long and cover up to the mid bicep all the way down to the back of the hand, with a thumbhole and a little band to put your middle finger through so they keep the hands covered. The material feels nice, is SPF 50, and can be rolled up and easily fit into a pocket so I can have this on me on my running belt. This is definitely something I would use while cycling or hiking as well. Very solid product if you want to keep the sun off your arms and not have to wear long sleeved shirts.

[UL Certified] iClever® Dual USB Ports Travel Wall Charger for Apple iPhone 6 Plus, 6 , 5S, 5C, 5; iPad Air, 2, Mini, New iPad; Samsung S5 S4 S3, Galaxy Tab, HTC One, 2 M8 and More
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dual USB port charger!, April 19, 2015
Works well. The fact that it's UL Certified tells me that this won't spontaneously burst into flame like some USB chargers I've reviewed. I didn't notice any overheating or any odd issues - I had my iPad and iPhone plugged in simultaneously and it worked great. It feels as light and is roughly the same size as the iPad charger. Good charger!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20