Profile for Soozie4Him > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 300

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Soozie4Him RSS Feed (Chicago suburbs)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover, Hot Dots
Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover, Hot Dots
Offered by Ella Sparkle
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $27.43

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish they had these when I was nursing my babies!, October 30, 2008
I'm the mom of 3 daughters, who are in their 20's. There wasn't anything like this when I was breastfeeding my girls - I wish there was!

I have an 8-month old granddaughter, and this product has been just GREAT for my daughter. It has allowed her to nurse the baby anywhere without worrying about the baby getting hot from being under a blanket, or the baby tossing the blanket aside, as they do at this age! Another great feature is that this nursing cover is made so that you can "see what you're doing", which is especially important when you're a new mom. You can also maintain that precious eye-contact while feeding the baby.

My daughter got this as a gift from a friend who is also a nursing mom, and it's one of the most useful gifts she received! This item is perfect for a baby shower gift!

How to Keep a Spiritual Journal: A Guide to Journal Keeping for Inner Growth and Personal Discovery
by Ron Klug
Price: $13.49
54 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate resource for keeping a journal!, October 16, 2008
I wrote a review of the older version of this book - this revised edition is 20 pages longer, and has changed up the chapters a bit, and includes a Guide for forming a journal group!

I've been journaling on and off for many years, but fairly consistently for the past 9 years. Ronald Klug does an outstanding job of explaining the importance of keeping a journal, ideas to get you going, suggestions of things to write about, etc.
Keeping a journal has been one of the most satisfying and helpful things I've done in my Christian walk. When you go back to read it later, you can really see God's working in your life!

One of the things that Klug addresses that I've never seen anywhere else is the "problem" of what do to with notes you might be taking on books you're currently reading. Do you incorporate them into your daily journal, or keep a separate notebook? I'm journaling every day and reading my Bible and other books every day, and this is something that I've done different ways and I haven't found any one solution to be entirely satisfactory. I thought it was wonderful that the author even addressed the "problem"! I want to be able to find notes on a particular book I'm reading easily, and if they're scattered throughout the dailyness of your writing, that is harder to do.

He suggests keeping notes from other books you are reading in a separate notebook from your daily journal. And he suggests indexing them so you know what's in that notebook! An excellent suggestion and one I hadn't tried before. Just leave the first page blank and you could write which books' notes are contained in the book, and you could even add page numbers. I think this is a great idea!

As for brief quotes that you might be struck by, or particular scripture passages that you're learning about, you could include those in your daily journal.

The author says that he writes in spiral notebooks of lined paper. When he's finished, he puts them in a binder so that he has them all in order. For several years, I used the small hardcover spiral-bound books that you find in Christian bookstores or gift shops for journaling purposes - having them all together and in order is an attractive option! For the past several years, I've been using the Rollabind/Circa journals. I buy the Rollabind discs from rollabind.com, the refill paper from Levenger or Rollabind, and the translucent covers from Levenger. You can go to Levenger's or Rollabind's website to get an idea of what I'm talking about. The beauty of this system is that you can add and remove pages anywhere in the journal. And a punch is available to add any paper to your Circa/Rollabind journal. The paper and covers come in various sizes. I use the "junior" size refill paper, which is 5.5x8.5 inches, the perfect size for journaling, I think!

I also prefer using colorful gel or liquid ink pens that are archival safe and permanent.

However you do it, Ronald Klug emphasizes that however you keep your journal is right for you. Whether you write it or dictate it or type it, whether you write in it twice a day, twice a week, or twice a year - it's a valuable tool for spiritual growth.

Please check out my other reviews of Christian books - I also highly recommend Luann Budd's book called "Journal Keeping".

Happy journaling!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2012 11:52 AM PST

Tully's Kona Blend K-Cups 24ct (Medium)
Tully's Kona Blend K-Cups 24ct (Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tully's Kona - one of the best K-cups we've had!, October 5, 2008
We've owned our Keurig b70 for 6 months now (click on my other reviews to see how much we love our Keurig!), and my husband LOVES a strong coffee. There are two kinds of K-cups that we keep ordering - Green Mountain Extra Bold Dark Magic and Tully's Kona. I brew on the smallest drip size to make my own Iced Caramel Macchiato! You need a strong K-cup to stand up to the ice.

I only wish that Amazon had this K-cup permanently in stock!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our two favorite K-cups!, October 5, 2008

I only wish that Amazon had this K-cup permanently in stock!!

Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Offered by aSavings
Price: $163.76
36 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars We love our Keurig - AND it's saved us money!, September 29, 2008
I bought my Keurig B70 from Amazon 6 months ago and my hubby and I simply LOVE it! When we remodeled our kitchen, we searched for the best coffeemaker and ended up with a great one with a thermal carafe. However, we rarely used it! Hubby feels it's a real pain to clean up (well, it is!), and we don't agree on what kind of coffee we like. He likes extra-strong and I like it milder and flavored. So we ended up at Starbucks more often than I'd like to admit. He would stop on the way to work, and I'd stop for my Iced Venti Nonfat Caramel Macchiato a few times a week. We had seen a Keurig in action in an office setting and couldn't believe it! When I suggested getting one, he obviously had been thinking the same thing, and as they say, the rest is history!

The other, very nice coffeemaker is stored and now our Keurig lives on our counter and is used MANY times per day. Some people might wonder if you really need the 4 drip sizes, but we enjoy having these options. Especially for making those specialty drinks I loved getting from Starbucks! I use the smallest drip size and a strong K-cup, add Splenda and Mrs Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel (so it can melt and disperse). Then I pour it over a tall glass of ice, and add a couple of ounces of milk and it's positively heavenly! If you like, you could drizzle the caramel on afterwards, like Starbucks does, but I prefer it mixed throughout.

We've had NO trouble with our Keurig - we use filtered water from the fridge, and we leave the water canister in place for filling. We buy K-cups from Amazon, but have found that our favorites aren't always in stock, so we go to Big Cat Coffees, where they have ALL the kinds at all times! You can even buy an assortment pack from Big Cat - you choose 5 different varieties and you get 5 K-cups of each. That's how we found out that for the strong brew that my husband prefers, Tully's Kona and Green Mountain Extra Bold Dark Magic are the two favorites. I use those to make my Caramel Macchiatos, but if I drink it hot, I prefer the flavored varieties.

Your Keurig will become a conversation piece the first time you have company over! They will love being able to choose their own kind of coffee! We're in a church small group that meets in the evening and most of those people prefer decaf at that hour - no problem! We have an assortment of decaf as well as flavored coffees, bold, medium and mild blends, and you can also get Hot Cocoa K-cups for the kids, and K-cup teas!

We rarely go to Starbucks anymore, and we know that our Keurig has more than paid for itself already! K-cups might be 40 cents or so each, but everyone gets what they want and there's NO waste like there is with a pot of coffee that you have to dump out!

Don't have a Keurig yet? What are you waiting for? Get one today from Amazon - you won't know how you ever lived without it!

Pacific Northwest (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
Pacific Northwest (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
by Stephen Brewer
63 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Use this book to plan your trip!, August 13, 2005
Recently we attended a wedding in Portland, Oregon and decided to see some things while we were there. This book was extremely helpful as we were deciding what to see and do. This book is colorful and so pleasing to the eye. There are lots of photos and the maps are excellent. It gives a general overview of the area, and you learn a bit about the history too. We narrowed down what we could do in the time we had available and we took in the Columbia River Gorge area including Multnomah Falls, Portland (definitely go to Powell's Bookstore - one of the largest bookstores in the world), and then part of the Oregon coast. We stayed in Seaside, but Cannon Beach is less touristy and a nicer town. Make sure to visit Haystack Rock during low tide to see the sea stars and sea anemones in the tidal pools. Enjoy your trip! The other book that we found very helpful Is Insight Guides: The Pacific Northwest.

Insight Guide Pacific Northwest
Insight Guide Pacific Northwest
by Jaine Freeburg
46 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Take this book with you on your vacation!, August 13, 2005
Recently we attended a wedding in Portland, Oregon and decided to see some things while we were there. This book was extremely helpful as we were deciding what to see and do. This book is colorful and so pleasing to the eye. There are lots of pictures and the maps are excellent. It gives a general overview of the area, and you learn a bit about the history too. We narrowed down what we could do in the time we had available and we took in the Columbia River Gorge area including Multnomah Falls, Portland (definitely go to Powell's Bookstore - one of the largest bookstores in the world), and then part of the Oregon coast. We stayed in Seaside, but Cannon Beach is less touristy and a nicer town. Make sure to visit Haystack Rock during low tide to see the sea stars and sea anemones in the tidal pools. Enjoy your trip!

Brink of Death (Hidden Faces Series #1)
Brink of Death (Hidden Faces Series #1)
by Brandilyn Collins
Price: $11.48
162 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next in the series!, August 7, 2004
This was the first book I read by Brandilyn Collins and I loved it! I enjoy mysteries and suspense, and this one keeps you on the edge of your seat! I did feel, however, that it might be a bit too intense for young teens or "sensitive readers". With that one caveat, however, I heartily recommend it! "Stain of Guilt", also featuring heroine Annie Kingston, comes out in October of 2004, so look for it!

Please check out my other reviews for other great Christian fiction titles! Happy reading and God Bless you!

Eyes of Elisha (Chelsea Adams Series #1)
Eyes of Elisha (Chelsea Adams Series #1)
by Brandilyn Collins
Price: $11.69
170 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner!!, August 7, 2004
This suspense novel by Brandilyn Collins will keep you on the edge of your seat til the very last page! I had already read her newest novel, "Brink of Death" and loved it. I love Christian fiction that incorporates mystery, suspense, and medical themes. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel to "Eyes of Elisha", which is "Dread Champion", which also features Chelsea Adams.

Check out my other reviews to find other Christian novels that I have enjoyed! Happy reading!

Thrive!: A Woman's Guide to a Healthy Lifestyle
Thrive!: A Woman's Guide to a Healthy Lifestyle
by Carrie Carter MD
75 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for women wanting to live a healthier lifestyle, February 13, 2004
I've heard Dr. Carrie Carter on Moody Radio's "MidDay Connection" program a couple of times and I've really enjoyed listening to her. As a woman wanting to lose weight and get in shape, I was eager to read this book.
She begins by talking about stress and personality type. Stress is a HUGE issue for women today, and I always find personality type discussions fascinating. However, I much prefer looking at personality the Myers-Briggs way. The Myers-Briggs test comes up with 16 different personality types, as opposed to only 4 personality types discussed by Florence and Marita Littauer. Obviously, everyone is unique and no two people have identical personality types, but with the Myers-Briggs, at least you have more possibilities to work with.
Dr. Carter does an excellent job dealing with so many important topics in one book! I especially enjoyed her chapters nutrition. I liked her chapter on exercise too, but wish she had gone into a little more detail. Overall, this is an excellent book to add to your library!
You can read more about Carrie Carter on her website. I do wish she would write a book telling about her own personal health struggles. She has Meniere's disease and has been homebound for several years, despite treatment. She has had to stop her private medical practice, but God has used this situation in her life to give her time to write books! As someone who lives with a chronic health problem, I'd like to hear more from Carrie about this subject!
Please check out my other reviews! God bless you all, and I hope this book spurs you onto pursuing a healthier lifestyle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20