Profile for M. Pavone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Pavone RSS Feed (Albany NY)

Page: 1 | 2
LeapFrog Tag Junior Book Pal - Purple
LeapFrog Tag Junior Book Pal - Purple
Offered by Sherman Bodega
Price: $23.99
42 used & new from $11.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the trouble, extremely frustrating to use., September 23, 2014
The software and webpage are a nightmare to navigate. I can't find the page to download books. We own a bunch of them, given to us by well meaning family and I can't find a single one of them for download, ANYWHERE. On top of that, you have to pay extra for the downloads? WTF!? No thanks, I'll let my kids kill the batteries by turning it on/off then it goes in the trash. We'll teach our kids to read the old fashioned way, by spending time with them reading books together.

Hape - Bamboo E-OffRoader
Hape - Bamboo E-OffRoader
Offered by teachertoolsinc
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids who don't play with their toys, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Hape - Bamboo E-OffRoader (Toy)
While the design is cool and the intent behind the environmentally friendly bamboo is good, these toys aren't meant for kids. They are designed and made for the parents who care about the planet. We bought the car, truck, airplane and helicopter for our 2 year old boys last Christmas. The helicopter was broken within minutes after it took a flight down the stairs. The car broke a couple days ago when it crashed into a wall. The truck and plane can't be far behind.
The fault lies not in the bamboo, which is really tough, but in the plastic where the bamboo meets it. All the joints are small and delicate. The plastic is tough where it's thick but very weak at all the joints where it's thin. Unfortunately, the joints are what's holding the toy together. Hape needs to either rethink their commitment to the environment or beef up the plastic parts of their toys.

Crosman Destroyer .177 Cal, 7.9 Grains, Pointed, 250ct
Crosman Destroyer .177 Cal, 7.9 Grains, Pointed, 250ct
Price: $2.97
19 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pellet for small game, May 10, 2012
These are some of the most awesome and cost effective pellets I have ever used. The Crossman Premium hollow points are expensive, slightly less accurate and don't always guarantee a kill. I was able to bring down a medium sized cottontail rabbit with my Ruger AirHawk 1000 scoring a head shot, killing him INSTANTLY. I have always wondered if these pellets would do the job and sure enough they did. Forget fancy, expensive pellets with gimmicky plastic inserts. They are just an expensive way to separate fools from their money.
Pick up a tin of these pellets at your local WalMart though, they go for about $3.00 at the store near me. For what you pay in shipping and waiting time from Pyramid Air, you can have 3 tins in your pocket on the same day.

Nestle Yorkie Bar
Nestle Yorkie Bar
Offered by Premier Life
Price: $4.93
7 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I want them, because they aren't for girls., February 25, 2010
This review is from: Nestle Yorkie Bar (Misc.)
That a company would have the BALLS to actually say their product isn't for girls makes me want them. I'm ordering 10 and eating them all at once. Take that, Berkeley crybaby.

Palm Pre Phone (Sprint)
Palm Pre Phone (Sprint)

1.0 out of 5 stars I would get one of these..., November 15, 2009
but the creepy woman in the commercials looks like an alien and I don't buy things from aliens.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2009 2:05 PM PST

The Best of the Best of Electric Company
The Best of the Best of Electric Company
DVD ~ Jim Boyd
Offered by Green Island Treasures
Price: $9.40
61 used & new from $0.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Great content, but previews are not for kids!, November 6, 2009
The Electric Company did a great job of helping me learn how to read when I was a kid, and when I noticed my son has the same problems that I had this DVD was my first idea to help him. The sketches are nice in that they move at a slower pace than TV does these days, so kids have time to absorb what is going on. The humor is always there, and in many cases sneaks up on you before you see it coming. My favorite, it still makes me giggle, is when Winnie muses that "she felt like a girl in a shampoo commercial" while pining for her lover. There is even a few jokes for adults. Nothing racy or off color, but the humor is sophisticated enough to make us grownups laugh. The problem is with the previews at the start of the disk! They are TOTALLY inappropriate for children to watch, one is for a teen movie about college with plenty of sex and adult humor. I didn't watch the rest, having skipped them over before my son started asking questions.
I'm no prude, but the moron who put teen sex-romp previews on a DVD for kids should be getting a negative quarterly performance review.

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - PlayStation 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - PlayStation 2
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $31.99
37 used & new from $4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, October 18, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 follows the same formula as the previous releases. You buy the collection for one, maybe two of the games. A couple seem interesting but actually suck because the PS2 controller just doesn't do them justice. You find out that one game is a lot more fun than you thought it would be and the one you bought the disc for is OK, but not totally freaking awesome like you hoped for.

My 6 year-old son enjoys Offroad Thunder and Hydro Thunder, I'm a fan of SF Rush 2045 and the rest of the games are better left in the pits.

Maybe someday someone will create a freewheeling controller for games like Off Road or Badlands.

Waffen-SS Camouflage Uniforms: & Post-War Derivatives (Europa Militaria)
Waffen-SS Camouflage Uniforms: & Post-War Derivatives (Europa Militaria)
by Daniel Peterson
35 used & new from $9.20

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm on the back cover, December 22, 2008
OK, I own a copy of this book because I was one of the models who posed for the photos. My room-mate and I were stationed in Germany in the early 90s. He was a friend of Dan Peterson. We spent the day changing uniforms and posing in front of the tanks around the army museum on post. It was a lot of fun, I didn't get a dime for my work and best of all, I'm on the back cover. I'm the guy on the right.

Spec Ops: Airborne Commando
Spec Ops: Airborne Commando
Offered by SHARPEY MEDIA
Price: $8.36
105 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Airborne Ranger Redux, July 10, 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
If you played Microprose's Airborne Ranger on your C64 or 386 back in the day, this game will seem very familliar. It is basically a contemporary version of that game. The game is simple, with a few frustrating parts, I had a TERRIBLE time learning how to disable mines. A little patience paid off though and the game is quite fun. Don't expect this one to be anything like the other Spec Ops games. If you want some fun action, check it out, especially if you're an Airborne Ranger veteran.

For the Moment
For the Moment
Price: $13.87
24 used & new from $2.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Your standard folk music fare, June 23, 2005
This review is from: For the Moment (Audio CD)
Nasally vocals, self righteous, pretentious and annoying. That's the vocals alone, mind you. The music is neither amazing nor bottom of the barrel. This is exactly what you'd expect from a folk whiner, I mean, "artist".

His web page [...] has all sorts of mutually masturbatory compliments. You know what? Go watch the hippie jam-fest episode of South Park and you'll know what this CD is all about.

Why 3 stars? While I hate folk music, this CD is average folk music. Middle of the road, nothing that will surprise you, pretentious folk music. And for its being middle of the road, it deserves the middle of the rating scale. I hate hippies...

If you want socially conscious, biting, funny and intelligent political albeit outdated music find some old Tom Lehrer CDs. Amazon has them.

"I should like to consider the folk song, and expound briefly on a theory I have held for some time, to the effect that the reason most folk songs are so atrocious is that they were written by the people." -Tom Lehrer

Page: 1 | 2