Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Elvan > Reviews

Browse

Elvan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elvan RSS Feed

Diesel Men's Wanton Techno Turtleneck Coat,  Blue Wool, Medium
Diesel Men's Wanton Techno Turtleneck Coat, Blue Wool, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Jacket, January 9, 2014
This is a very good jacket, it feels nice and definitely keeps you warm. I got the blue one and it looks great with a variety of things. I am 180 cm (~5'11) and 145 lb- a slim body and usually wears size small for all jackets. But I heard that Diesel's jacket tend to go one size smaller, so I ordered a size up to medium. Which to my surprise was indeed the way to go, even with a size medium it fits fairly snug- but not so tight that its uncomfortable. The quality for this jacket isn't as good as I expected to pay for yet nothing too significant that's worth complaining about. Overall this jacket is worth getting- it looks good, keeps you warm and easy to clean; just remember to order a size up from what you usually wear or go to their website and look at the sizing information as the one that's provided on this site is different from the one that Diesel uses.

Dr. Martens 1460 Originals 8 Eye Lace Up Boot,Navy Smooth Leather,9 UK (10 M US Mens / 11 M US Womens)
Offered by OutdoorEquipped
Price: $87.63
12 used & new from $87.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots but (at least mine) with a glitch, November 25, 2013
First off, I'd like to say that these are great shoes, they look great and the quality is definitely up there. However my biggest issue with these boots is that when you walk, the top of the boots dig into the joint where your big toe connects to the body of the foot. At first I thought this was just me breaking into it as with any other boot. However, the problem persisted after almost two months of wearing and I can't stand it anymore. What makes it worse is that this problem only exists on the right foot and not the left. Because I have two other pairs of boots, I just wear this one loosely so that when I walk my foot shifts back so that the top doesn't dig into it. I have heard many others saying that they have discomfort with these boots. So my conclusion to you- Is the pain within worth the look on the outside?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 12:36 PM PDT

Bioelements Beyond Hydration Gel, 2.5 Ounce
Bioelements Beyond Hydration Gel, 2.5 Ounce
Offered by Amazzia
Price: $21.88
25 used & new from $18.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moisturizer, definitely will buy again, November 25, 2013
This is a great moisturizer. I have oily skin that sometimes forms pimples and when it gets late at night and I can't wash my face, the oil gets really annoying. Of course this isn't some magic potion that gets rid of oil, but I've noticed a great decrease in the amount of oil present on my face and of course, less oil means less break outs. With that said, it does take some time for the oil on your face to decrease gradually, its not gonna happen in a day. It took about a month but the result is definitely there. I also picked up a DDF glycolic toner for my occasional breakouts and use it daily before using this moisturizer, if you have oily skin and pimples due to solely that reason I'd recommend this to you. After using this combination, I've rarely had any pimples.

Harley-Davidson Men's Kelton Motorcycle Boot,Black,10.5 M US
Harley-Davidson Men's Kelton Motorcycle Boot,Black,10.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars As everyone else said, these are great boots, October 6, 2013
The build of the boots seems solid, I have no problems so far. I bought these for the looks and as shoes that I can just wear around casually- which is does a very good job. At first walking in these boots were a bit uncomfortable, but if you can endure 2-3 days of just breaking into them they feel quite nice afterwards. The size is true to whatever you wear, I wear a 10.5 and ordered the same size and it fits perfectly.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty much what I expected, October 1, 2013
First off, the confusion on sizing- I am a pretty skinny asian guy with abnormally wide shoulders. I usually wear size small (US) everything- jackets, coats, t-shirts. etc. But I looking at the sizing chart in the item's description, I decided to order a large to compensate for my shoulders and well. It fist perfectly. If you're borderline medium/small I'd recommend you ordering a large/(medium US) and not a medium/(small US). The Material used in it feels really cheap but, what do you expect its a cheap jacket. I bought this to wear casually (because I have an pretty expensive one that I don't want to wear a lot) and yeah if you can get by with cheap feeling material and order at least one size larger you're good. Plus shipping was fast.

ECCO Men's Bendix Plain Toe Boot,Warm Grey,44 EU/10-10.5 M US
ECCO Men's Bendix Plain Toe Boot,Warm Grey,44 EU/10-10.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and comfrotable, July 26, 2013
I bought these because I will be going up North for college and I must say that the build quality of this boot is very solid. This boot fits just as expected (these are a little larger than regular size so I ordered a half size down). After trying them on I must say that they are very comfortable and look nice too. I ordered the gray ones because its a neutral color and thus doesn't require much effort to match your style. If you're looking for a boot with both looks and quality I would recommend them to you.

ASUS N56VZ-DS71 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
ASUS N56VZ-DS71 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
3 used & new from $600.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this laptop, June 5, 2012
**UPDATE**

I've ran across a wi-fi disconnecting/cannot connect problem almost immediately during the first time I used this laptop on battery; HOWEVER There Is a Very Easy Fix to This. Go to control panel and in the top right corner make sure the "View by" is set to small icons then-> click Device Manager-> click on Network Adapters-> click on the "Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter"-> in the upper right hand corner there's a tab "Power Management," click that and UNCHECK the box saying "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Hopefully this will help. I read a couple reviews on a similar model, the Asus N56VZ-ES71 and since its cheaper, more people buy it, and naturally the problem tends to show up more commonly. Don't worry, this is not a hardware flaw/problem nor is it a software bug, its just that the people at the manufacturing plant are too narrow-minded to think ahead, trust me, if you know how to use a mouse and read, this problem can be seen simply as a "setup" process like any other laptop.

**END**

I am very glad I found this laptop, I have absolutely no regret getting it (although a little on the expensive side). The overall design is very decent, it has a clean yet stylish look to it. I saw some people were hesitant to get this due to the lack of product specification. So I'll just spill it out right here-
Asus N56VZ-DS71:
Core i7 3610QM @ 2.3 ghz
8GB RAM (1600mhz)
750GB HDD (@5400rpm *sadface)
nVidia GT650m 2GB GDDR3 *sadface*
Blu-Ray/DVD Combo
Full 1080p (1920x1080) Display- Non-glossy (Matte)
1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack
1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
4 x USB 3.0 port(s)(No USB 2.0 ports, but that's ok as USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with both USB 2.0 and 1.1)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
1 x SPIDIF speaker out
Battery- 6Cells 5200 mAh (Approximately 2.5 hr on high performance, 3-3.5hrs on entertainment, and about 4hrs on battery saving; not bad)
2-year limited International hardware warranty (Just follow the instructions they give you, easy to register)
Backlit keyboard
Huge trackpad (but that's understandable because it does support multitouch gesture- i.e. pinch to zoom, two fingers scrolling, etc)
Another thing is how much Asus bloat ware that comes with the laptop, it has A Lot (but obviously just uninstall them if you want)

My thoughts:
Built quality is very nice, a very sturdy frame overall

Performance- I personally think this one of this biggest pros, with a Core-i7 and 8GB of ram, very good for multitasking (which I do a lot), plus great for rendering videos (faster than my desktop lol, but then again my desktop was build in 2010)However with all that said, one thing that really bugs me is the 5400rpm hard drive, it really slows down the boot up time and opening large programs such as vegas pro, and IMO hinders the performance quite a bit. Another complaint I see regarding this laptop is using a GDDR3 version of the GT 650m rather than a GDDR5 model. While GDDR5 does give the card a 10-15% performance, its not that significant, a 10-15% boost in performance means a couple of extra fps in gaming, not that much; I was able to cope with that.

Display- Very nice display, non glossy, as i stated before really clean, crisp look with the 1080p display.

Gaming- This obviously isn't a gaming laptop but I installed Crysis 2 and was able to play it on High settings/1080p without any lag what so ever. If you're looking for a laptop that can handle occasional gaming, this is good choice.

Why I gave it a 4-Star: Mainly due to its 5400rpm HDD, I don't know how to stress this enough, it really drags down the overall performance of the laptop, not to mention, that usb 3.0 is a little useless given that the read/write speeds on the HDD itself is pretty slow. I will most likely go out and buy either a SSD or a better HDD to replace myself (don't get me wrong, the hdd is still ok, but compared to today's standards its kinda slow, don't worry though you can replace the HDD yourself). Other than that, I'm very happy about this purchase.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 8:10 AM PDT

Modern European History
Modern European History
by Birdsall S. Viault
Price: $15.58
279 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing half the info, October 2, 2011
I got this book for AP Euro history, even though teachers recommend this book, it's still missing a lot of information, I haven't finished even one term yet and this book has not been a help at all. If the book has what you're looking for in the index then dont expect it to be much in depth or just contain a lot of useless information, and if its not there then well... For example when i researched Thirty Year's war it just babbled on about who defeated who in which phase but did it say a thing about the impacts of religions during the war? No, it didn't even bother telling who was the champion of the protestant cause of the war? nah... and was very shallow on why France entered the war. This is just a needle in a haystack of the things missing in this book, should u get it? Yes b/c this is the closest u can find that provides something rather than nothing, but is it useful? only if ur ap teacher is retarded and doesn't know what kind of questions to ask for assign., tests, etc. other books aren't as handy as this thus the reason to get it but, dont look at the title, it doesn't help to "brush up before a test" or "quick answers during research" the cover is completely missleading; yet, still a mediocre product. Be prepared to waste time on the useless google searching for answers when this book fails hardcore.