Profile for Bargain Hunter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bargain Hunter RSS Feed (Mesa, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Converse Men's The Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Sneaker 12 Red
Converse Men's The Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Sneaker 12 Red
Offered by shoezoo
Price: $41.30
27 used & new from $30.48

2.0 out of 5 stars This pair was NOT All Star quality...., May 2, 2015
My son has worn Converse for years, so we expected ZERO arch support or comfort without good quality support/cushion orthotic inserts. No problem.

But for what ever reason, this pair is NOT holding up well. After 4 months of use, the fabric has torn away from the outside top edge of the white rubber sole in several spots - not come unglued, (which we might e able to fix) but actually torn.

His other pairs of Converse each lasted a year or more until the bottom soles wore out - which is as expected.

New Balance Women's WW928 Health Walking Laced Shoe,White,8.5 4E US
New Balance Women's WW928 Health Walking Laced Shoe,White,8.5 4E US
Price: $124.95
2 used & new from $124.95

2.0 out of 5 stars PS - I have only great things to say about AMAZON, May 2, 2015
I will not be returning to New Balance - they aren't what they used to be.

Read the other reviews - I wish I had!

PS - I have only great things to say about AMAZON, however!

Revolving Playing Card Tray/Holder For 6 Decks
Revolving Playing Card Tray/Holder For 6 Decks
Offered by E-Brands
Price: $6.99
20 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but effective, June 21, 2014
We play cards at lunch at work, and this is the best way to slide the deck & discard pile around the conference room table from person to person - or to just rotate the decks around to the people sitting across from us. It's withstood years of daily use, so I bought one for myself months ago, and we're just as happy with it at home.

Painless Algebra (Barron's Painless)
Painless Algebra (Barron's Painless)
by Lynette Long Ph.D.
38 used & new from $0.92

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a super home-schooler -, June 21, 2014
I just needed help to keep my son from forgetting everything over the summer. This was a great choice for a non-teacher.

Polder Digital In-Oven Thermometer/Timer, Graphite color
Polder Digital In-Oven Thermometer/Timer, Graphite color
Price: $20.76
24 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never cook meat without it again!, June 21, 2014
I bought it for myself just before Christmas one year because I splurged on a huge prime rib roast and didn't want to ruin it. It was a tremendous success!

I later bought a second one (A Thermo-Works brand, same product but different label) for those times when I have two items roasting at the same time, or even just to make sure that the big chicken breasts are as done as smaller ones. I also bought ones for my mom and my grown daughter. Now they are converts, too.

This won't take the place of an instant read thermometer for use in quick-cooking or very thin items - but for anything you want to put into your oven and take out exactly when it's done and not over-cook for even a moment - THIS IS FOR YOU!

PS - it's even great to make sure that things like lasagna are done in the middle - without having to cut into it!

Painless Spelling (Painless Series)
Painless Spelling (Painless Series)
by Mary Elizabeth
127 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars So - So, for me..., June 21, 2014
I.M.H.O., this wasn't as great as the math books in the series. Basically, the benefit is derived by copying the selected words over and over. I suppose I was looking for some magical way to help my son improve his poor spelling - and there really isn't such a thing.

Painless Math Word Problems (Painless Series)
Painless Math Word Problems (Painless Series)
by Marcie F. Abramson
Price: $8.79
95 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tool for "Summer School wth Mom", June 21, 2014
It was nice to have something fun & easy to work with to help my son stay sharp over the summer!

LeapFrog My Pal Violet
LeapFrog My Pal Violet
Price: $24.19
59 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars a FAVORITE at bed time!, June 21, 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Pal Violet (Toy)
My grand kids have had both Violet and Scout for years, and I'm such a HUGE fan! HIGHLY recommended for bedtime use. It's great to be able to set the music to play for a while after you tuck them in, with the child easily able to squeeze a paw and hear more if they haven't been able to fall asleep before the songs ended. We especially loved being able to program this beloved toy to say each child's name and mention items chosen just for them. I'd have bought these at twice the price. REALLY.

Barely There Women's Customflex Fit Lighly Lined Wirefree Bra,White,X-Large
Barely There Women's Customflex Fit Lighly Lined Wirefree Bra,White,X-Large
Offered by NY Lingerie
Price: $25.60
2 used & new from $24.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but nothing to write home about, June 21, 2014
I bought it in hopes that it would be cooler in the summer than traditional bras. Nope. Not worth the price, in my book.

Barely There Breathe By Barely There Bralet Bra, 38-Soft Taupe
Barely There Breathe By Barely There Bralet Bra, 38-Soft Taupe

3.0 out of 5 stars I'mnot impressed, June 21, 2014
I bought it in hopes that it would be cooler in the summer than traditional bras. Nope, not really. Not worth the price, in my book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3