Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Average Joe > Reviews

Browse

Average Joe's Profile

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Average Joe RSS Feed (Phoenix)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Front of the Class (Hallmark Hall of Fame: Gold Crown Collector's Edition)
Front of the Class (Hallmark Hall of Fame: Gold Crown Collector's Edition)
Offered by GivePerfectGift
Price: $22.95
9 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect family movie, May 12, 2015
Totally awesome movie. We actually cried a couple of times as we watched the worst and best of people come out. Great example of wholesome movies. It wasn't boring, judgmental, or tedious. The actor(s) were great and we hope to see more movies like this. The language was clean, no sex, no violence, and one great family movie. It's the movie of a generation.

Hallmark a Smile As Big As the Moon
Hallmark a Smile As Big As the Moon
Offered by GivePerfectGift
Price: $19.95
12 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what humanity is all about, May 12, 2015
What a wonderful show. After watching it, it made us want to be a better people. We have told our friends all about this movie. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! Great job

Squatty Potty® Toilet Stool, 7 Inch- The Original - Made in U.S.A.
Squatty Potty® Toilet Stool, 7 Inch- The Original - Made in U.S.A.
Offered by Squatty Potty® toilet stool
Price: $28.00
9 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly name, great design, May 12, 2015
It does what is says it should do. I have it in one of 3 bathrooms and I find I will now head to that bathroom because of this device. At first you feel a little funny going to the toilet this way but get use to it really easily. From someone who has suffered from hemorrhoids, this is great. The only issue we have is if someone doesn't tuck it in at night, it's easy to kick when stumbling around in the dark.

FoodSaver Premium 2-In-1 Automatic Bag-Making Vacuum Sealing System, Silver FSFSSL5860-DTC
Price: $299.99
9 used & new from $239.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sealer works like a champ, May 12, 2015
Finally, a foodsaver which actually works. We had purchased an older model years back and it worked fine until we did some hamburger. After that, the machine would never seal correctly. This unit is great because you can take out the tray and put it into the dishwasher. Finally, some design with a little common sense. It's also nice how it cuts the bags for you. You wouldn't think cutting a straight line would be hard but with our last machine, if we didn't cut the line nearly perfect, it just wouldn't seal. This machine does it all. Great stuff.

Luxe Bidet Neo 185 - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle - Fresh Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (blue and white)
Offered by 2Go Products LLC
Price: $99.98
2 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky clean and feeling fresh, May 12, 2015
This is our first bidet and we love it. Life and hemorrhoids happen so this device is awesome. It was very easy to install and works like a champ. We love that is has multiple pressure settings and a female setting. We were at first worried that it would be a pain to clean around when cleaning the toilet but haven't had any issues. It helps us feel clean and fresh without any chemicals, wipes, or sprays. It's all the benefits of a bidet without having to replace your toilet.We would recommend it to anyone with hemorrhoids, people who want to really be clean down there or people who just want to cut back on the amount of toilet paper used. Great investment and we can take it to the next house if we ever move.

Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service with Wireless and Bluetooth Adapter
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service with Wireless and Bluetooth Adapter
Price: $129.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good VOIP, awful wireless and terrible handhelds, April 15, 2015
If this had been our first experience with OOMA, we would have gone back to our local phone company We upgraded from the original OOMA hub which we had for 5 years (and loved) because we wanted to use wireless and move the OOMA system to a more convenient place in the house. (The hub couldn't do wireless) Well, it hasn't been easy nor was it worth the upgrade. We purchased the OOMA telo and 3 OOMA phones. The wireless was so flaky that we had to reboot it multiple times a day just to reconnect. (All other devices in the house remained stable) OOMA sent us 2 different wireless adapters trying to fix the issue but the system couldn't remain stable. (Our router is new and the signal strength is awesome) We had to move the OOMA telo back to the router room and do a hard connection after working with their support for 3 weeks without any success. Strike one.. We purcahsed the phones because they can be used to access features like the Do not disturb, vmail, etc.The phones are a joke. They are Vtech phones and are awful. The sound quality is like talking through a very distant tin can. They will randomly loose connection to the OOMA telo (strike two), not ring when a call comes in or suddenly decide the battery isn't charged when it had been sitting on the charger for days. (strike three) Yes, OOMA will try to resolve the problems over the phone but these issues just keep happening. If you are a OOMA hub owner, don't upgrade. I wouldn't recommend the wireless feature to anyone. Can you imagine going to make an emergency call and the phone decides it doesn't want to connect. The fix, pull out the battery, put it back in, and then resync to the telo. No thanks. A phone system should be stable and rock solid. We are so disappointed with the OOMA telo and the OOMA phones.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2015 3:47 PM PDT

Hoover Max Extract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner, FH50240
Price: $199.99
25 used & new from $139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the few cleaners with auto rinse, April 1, 2015
Our hoover platinum carpet cleaner finally died after 7 years. Since that model was discontinued, we did our research and looked around. I can't believe after 7 years, other carpet cleaners still don't offer an auto rise. The excuse we saw was "if you really want to rinse the carpet, dump out the clean water with the cleaning solution, add water and go over the carpet again without adding any cleaning solution.... WOW!!! It must be nice to have all the time in the world to spend that much time just trying to clean a carpet. We rinse the soap off dishes and clothing, why wouldn't we rinse the soap off the carpet. Needless to say, we selected this model. It uses more water and cleaning solution than our old machine and doesn't glide as well, but we are very happy with our decision.

Pwr+® Extended Battery for Irobot Roomba 500, 600, 700, 800 Series; 880 510 530 532 535 540 545 550 552 560 562 570 580 581 582 585 595 600 620 630 650 660 700 760 770 780 790 800 870 R3 80501 4419696
Offered by PWR+
Price: $37.90
2 used & new from $32.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last very long, January 4, 2014
We purchased this battery back in February and it worked great for about 6 months. The roomba would go longer than 1 hour per cleaning cycle when the battery was brand new. After that, the endurance of the battery quickly fell. It went from 1+ hour to 30 minutes to 10 minutes to 0 minutes. By December 2013, it won't even hold a charge. Very disappointed in this product. I gave it 2 stars because at least it didn't blow up or catch anything on fire.

Kaspersky Internet Security Multi Device (5-User)
Kaspersky Internet Security Multi Device (5-User)
Offered by Dealshop(No Tax)
Price: $43.99
14 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid anti virus, December 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like reviewing anti-virus software. I don't run endless scans and infect my pc with hordes of viruses and malware, but I do look to see how user and system friendly the software is. There are plenty of sites that will rate how well an A/V does on removing various bugs, so please review those sites when researching A/V.
The installation of this software was painless. The interface is decent, and while it won't make you say WOW, it doesn't require a software engineering degree just to figure out how to navigate the menus. My main hard drive is a SSD so results will vary if you are running a normal mechanical drive. I also have a couple other mechanical drives that total up to 1.2 TB of space.
A quick scan took roughly 2 minutes without any noticeable system impact. A full scan took roughly 42 minutes plus 20%-70% of my quad core CPU power. I didn't notice any impact (slowdown, chugging, hesitation, etc.) while checking email, surfing the web, etc. but I probably wouldn't play games with a full scan running. One thing I did notice was the inconsistency of estimation of scan time left. At the beginning of the full scan, it said 60+ minutes left but then jumped all around, from 2 minutes to 20 minutes. Kaspersky included reports which show how long it took for various scans which I find to be a nice feature. Even though this software isn't the fastest, it is at least honest and transparent about the time it took. (Note: There are other A/V which take much longer and other which are much faster, so I would put this in the middle of the pack.)
Like other A/V programs, there is an option to shut down, hibernate, reboot, or go to sleep after the scan has completed. I really like this feature as I can kick off a full scan once I am done with my pc and it will shut down afterwards.
Honestly, I didn't try the safe money because I am invested in other tools to perform such tasks. I don't have any android devices so I can't review how well that part worked.
Any A/V which has its own 2 way firewall is usually an upgrade to the firewall which is included in Microsoft products. I wasn’t pestered with any popups to allow/block normal applications to pass through. In fact, it did a great job of doing its work silently. Nice job Kaspersky!
Overall, this is a good product with scanning speed that lands it in the middle of the pack. I never felt any system impact while the scan was running so Kaspersky seems to have the software tuning portion running well. If I had to rank it in order of favorites, it would be 3rd place out of 5 vendors I would actually want installed/running on my pc.

Monster iSport Strive In-Ear Headphones with Control Talk (Blue)
Monster iSport Strive In-Ear Headphones with Control Talk (Blue)
11 used & new from $31.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not my favorite set of ear buds, June 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have given these head buds a couple of months before deciding to write this review. I found they are ok. The sound is mediocre and they don't stay in my ears well. I had to switch to the smallest size pieces and have the time I am not sure if they are in or just ready to fall out. My wife tried them and the smallest size wouldn't even fit into her ears. The anti tangle cords seem to work well. The most frustrating thing is this product doesn't control the volume on my iPhone. It's a pain to change the volume when you are out on a run.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7