Profile for SCbikeman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SCbikeman "SCbikeman" RSS Feed (Southeast US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mechanic Style Stainless Steel Mens Necklace Chain (Silver Black)
Mechanic Style Stainless Steel Mens Necklace Chain (Silver Black)
Offered by YEIDID INTERNATIONAL
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beefy, manly, tough, GREAT looking and affordable!, April 16, 2015
This is a very beefy, very manly men's necklace. I'm going through a "man bling" phase (at least that's what my girlfriend calls it) and I've been ordering dudely necklaces and bracelets. Out of all my necklaces, this is by far the heaviest, most manly necklace I've ran across. And it's a bargain for less than $20. I'm a big dude at 6'2", 225 lbs. and a size 18" neck and this 24" necklace fits GREAT.

Besides what I've said about it already, it's just a good looking necklace. The stainless steel and black go with everything, it hangs low enough to wear with t-shirts and collared shirts and I receive compliments every time I wear it.

If you're looking for a manly necklace that absolutely no one will confuse for metro-sexual or girly, then look no further. Buy this with confidence!!

Casio Men's DW5600E-1V "G-Shock" Classic Digital Watch
Casio Men's DW5600E-1V "G-Shock" Classic Digital Watch
Price: $41.99
46 used & new from $39.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit's large wrists great, best < $50 you can spend!!, April 15, 2015
I can't really say much about this great, simple, affordable watch that hasn't already been said other than it fits large wrists really well. I've recently went through the painstaking process of trying to find the perfect everyday "beater" watch for myself (I'm sure Amazon is going to suspend my Prime membership if I keep taking advantage of their "Free Returns"...I have literally bought and sent back 6 watches, lol!). I finally submitted to this great watch. I had one of these back in the early 90's and loved it.

I work in an environment that when I take breaks and lunches, I have to be very exact, so I needed a digital watch that had a countdown timer and stopwatch. I am also VERY active on the weekends with camping, backpacking and canoe/kayak camping, so I needed a watch that could take a beating. When this watch arrived, it brought back a flood of memories from 20+ years ago. It's still VERY comfortable, now looks retro (at age 42, I think it's cool looking) and as everyone else has said, you cannot destroy these things. It's the perfect watch for everything but dressing up. Since I don't even own a dress shirt or tie, it's the perfect watch 100% for me.

Oh, I have above average wrists and hands...my wrists are nearly 9" around, and I'm a big guy...6' 2", 225 lbs. I was concerned that this wouldn't fit comfortably or look too small. Neither is true. It fits great with 4-5 holes left over in the strap and the size looks great on my wrist.

Bottom line, is this is some of the best < $50 you can spend on a watch. Buy one now, use it for a decade or more, you won't regret it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Exquisite Black Stainless Steel Bracelet for Men with Strong Magnets High Polished
Offered by COOLSTEELANDBEYOND
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very masculine, works great for large wrists, highly recommended, April 11, 2015
This is a fantastic men's bracelet at a great price (less than $20 at the time of this review...honestly, after it arriving, I probably would of paid $30 for it). I have rather large wrists; I'm 6'2", 225 lbs., and I typically need something in the 8.5"-9.0" range and this is just about perfect. It has a little drop for my large wrist, is EXTREMELY comfortable (doesn't pull at the hair on my wrists), is very masculine and just looks great. I wore it to the office and received many compliments the first day and I continue to get comments on it all the time. I plan on ordering others like from the same maker.

Highly recommended, buy this with confidence!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Classic Mens Black Braided Leather Bracelet Wristband Genuine Leather Wrap Bracelet
Offered by COOLSTEELANDBEYOND
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, simple, great looking!!, April 4, 2015
This is quite nice for the price (if it were above, say, $10, that would be a stretch). I'm really pleased with it. I wear it along with my hemp bracelet and it's cool looking. I've already gotten a few compliments at work. It's quite adjustable; I have large wrists (around 9") and it fits great. Highly recommended, buy with confidence!!

Zoom Alloy Handlebar for 25.3mm (Black, 620mm, 25.4mm Center)
Zoom Alloy Handlebar for 25.3mm (Black, 620mm, 25.4mm Center)
Price: $19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value for the price, buy it!!, April 4, 2015
This bar is an incredible value for the price. Even though it's less than $10 (at the time of publishing this review), it's a legit, solid, (heavy), riser bar for your mountain bike or city/hybrid bike. I put it on my Surly Disc Trucker that doubles as my commuter and touring bike. I've commuted by bike for nearly two decades and my preferred riding position has always been a flat/riser style bar with bar ends. I was a little concerned about this bar because of the modest price, but blown away once I got it mounted up and commuted with it. I'm a heavier rider (6' 2", 220 lbs.) and when I'm standing up cranking on thing, it's rock solid with zero flex.

Bottom line: I highly recommend this inexpensive, but not "cheap" bar. Buy it with confidence!! Happy cycling everyone :)

Anker® 14W Dual-Port Solar Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology
Anker® 14W Dual-Port Solar Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $99.99
7 used & new from $45.65

5.0 out of 5 stars No joke, this thing works and works well!, March 29, 2015
I hesitated for months to pull the trigger on the Anker 14W Solar Charger and I'm not sure why now. I just received it and laid it out on my south-facing deck in a full-sun day in SC (in late March), and it charged my Moto X phone from 61% to 100% and my Kindle Fire HD6 from 79% to 100% in about an hour. I was blown away. I guess if you're in a south-facing extremely bright situation, this thing is really putting out close to the advertised 2 AMPS. (I did use the much thicker USB power cord that came with my Kindle.)

I purchased this because I'm planning a month long canoe expedition and I was concerned about charging my phone, camera batteries and headlamp batteries. I plan on using this in connection with the Anker 13000 mAMP USB battery pack I purchased (by the way, another awesome Anker product). After seeing what this solar charger is capable of, I'm no longer concerned about sustainable energy.

Way to go Anker! Highly recommend!!

GSI Outdoors 79480 Collapsible Java Drip Coffee Maker
GSI Outdoors 79480 Collapsible Java Drip Coffee Maker
Price: $12.95
9 used & new from $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple! Great! Prefer over GSI Java Press now, February 26, 2015
I'm an avid canoe/kayak camper. I live near a HUGE lake with dozens of islands and I take trips out to the islands to camp. I'm also addicted to caffeine. It's so bad that I can't go more than an hour after waking up in the mornings and the caffeine monster (headaches) begin. A while back, I purchased this GSI Collapsible Java Drip and GSI's own Java Press. Both work awesome, but I now prefer the Java Drip to any other coffee solution for my camping trips. Why you may ask? It's EASY and virtually no mess! The coffee snob in me wants to prefer the Java Press, however, it takes 3x as long to brew and it's just plain messy.

This GSI Java Drip is simple! Throw in your coffee filter, a few scoops of cafe, pour over hot water and you're drinking your cup o' Joe in about a minute. And of course, the weight is nothing compared to the Java Press (and please don't think I'm saying anything bad about the Java Press; it's a fine product and makes an excellent, strong cup of coffee). But for me, I'm now grabbing my Java Drip every time. In fact, recently, I did a weekend trip to another city and I was worried about crappy hotel coffee. Guess what I packed? Yep, my GSI Java Drip. Thanks GSI for great backcountry products!!

Highly recommended!!

GSI Outdoors Micro Table
GSI Outdoors Micro Table
Offered by CELER

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, awesome for canoe camping, car camping!!, February 26, 2015
This review is from: GSI Outdoors Micro Table (Sports)
I really like this little table. I do a lot of canoe camping when packing weight is not much of a concern. I always bring along my GSI Outdoors Micro Table. It's really nice to have a small working surface for cooking, or placing cups, bowls, and plates down other than on the ground. It folds up nicely, but not exactly small. I would never recommend this for backpacking due to the size and weight. And it's really sturdy. Great job GSI. I highly recommend.

TALL Compact Folding Camp Stove Windscreen
TALL Compact Folding Camp Stove Windscreen
Offered by AnnyMart
Price: $12.76
18 used & new from $11.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily competes with brands costing double, highly recommend!!, February 16, 2015
There's not much to say about this other than it rivals the big outdoor specialty brands. I purchased the tall version and it easily provides really good protection for a large IsoButane/Propane canister plus micro-stove. I canoe and kayak camp on islands on big lakes and it's almost always very windy and difficult to cook using a backpacker stove. This windscreen literarily has cut my water boiling time in half...I'm boiling 2 cups (16 oz.) of water using a 10,000 BTU micro stove in about 3.5 minutes.

Bottom line: don't hesitate to buy, recommended, competes with the brands costing double!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Prism Stowaway Delta Kite (Fire)
Prism Stowaway Delta Kite (Fire)
Offered by KS Rescue
Price: $39.95
7 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for "kids" of all ages, easy, tons of fun!!, February 16, 2015
This review is from: Prism Stowaway Delta Kite (Sports)
Bought two of these at age 41. I don't think I had flown a kite in three decades. I never knew it was so much fun!! I wish I would of discovered this years ago. I now keep it in my car at all times to use on a whim.

I love the way this kite folds up into it's own storage sack. It seems really well built and it launches and flies in very little winds. Highly recommend for "kids" of all ages :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4